** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008

What do you think of Aston Villa game? Home win is very possible, Aston Villa standing on top of the table with two wins and GD 3-1. On the other side Žilina is in last place with one draw and two defeats, GD 1-3. Any info?
No particular info, but Villa are resting players and if I was to back anything it would be a tiny stake on the fairly big 11s available on a Zilina win. Villa qualified, complacent, focussing on the league, Zilina nothing to lose.

No particular info, but Villa are resting players and if I was to back anything it would be a tiny stake on the fairly big 11s available on a Zilina win. Villa qualified, complacent, focussing on the league, Zilina nothing to lose.
Thanks on this info Wakuba:ok

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Wolfsburg - Portsmouth: Under 2.5 goals@ 2.02 Bet365 10/10 Everybody seems to be on the over 2.5 goals for this game. Both teams' recent goal scoring and Portsmouth's need to push forward to score and win the match points to the overs. However, the statistical detail that puts me off the over and leads to support the under is that Wolfsburg has a home goal differntial (in Bundesliga 1) of 21 goals for and only 5 against in 7 games and Portsmouth has an away goal differential of only 5 goals for and 12 against in seven games. My feeling is that Wolfsburg will not push forward too much since they don't need the game that much. The home side will defend mostly. I also think that Portsmouth's offensive game with Crouch (crosses to him in the box) may be unsuccessful against a team like Wolfsburg that can play physical football.

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Valencia - Club Brugge: Draw or Club Brugge Win (double chance) @ 2.75 Betdirect 10/10 This is more a value bet than anything else. Valencia are the favourites but I think they are priced too short. Brugge is playing good football and stands at the top of the Belgian League. They need at least a point to keep qualification alive. A draw doesn't kill Valencia although they would want the win. Finally, Valencia has a big match against Barcelona this weekend which may affect who plays and how Valencia plays. Getting two results for Brugge at this price is very good I think.

Hi! :welcome (my first post on this forum) Lech Poznan - Deportivo de La Coruna over 2,5 10/10 @ 2,00 & over 3,5 4/10 @ 3,70 Bookmakers give us definitely value in that match. Lech and Deportivo have abilities to shoot 3 or more goals, both are in good form. Additionally, home team will play without injured centre-back - Injac (it is rather important player). In Depor right-back Manuel Pablo and midfielder Juan Rodriguez will rest (what interesting, Lotina probably is going to use the same squad as in match with Feyenoord). In previous Depor & Lech shooted more 2,5 goals and tried to play offensive: Lech - Nancy 2-2 CSKA - Lech 2-1 Deportivo - Feyenoord 3-0 CSKA - Deportivo 3-0 Lech need win with Deportivo, their attacks will start from first minute, i'm sure of that (spanish are very, very strong in counter-attack, we should remember). Deportivo also want to win, but draw will be good result for them. My pick for correct score is something about 2-2, eventually 3-1, 1-3, 2-1, 1-2, 3-2. Sorry for language mistakes ;)
:welcome m8 and good luck with your bets :ok

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 Wolfsburg:Portsmouth draw @3.30 Reasoning: Wolfsburg is very good at home, they will want the point which is needed for next round. I expect them good defending and waiting for a chance. Score prediction halftime 0:0 - 1:1 ; fulltime 1:1 - 2:2 :hope

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 I have got to disagree regarding Wolfsburg zico...

VfL Wolfsburg Last 10 Home Matches

Nov 22, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg4 - 1VfB Stuttgarti +
Nov 8, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg3 - 0FC Energie Cottbusi +
Nov 6, 2008UEFA Cupwon.gifVfL Wolfsburg5 - 1SC Heerenveeni +
Oct 28, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg3 - 0Borussia Mönch...i +
Oct 18, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg4 - 1Arminia Bielefeldi +
Sep 21, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg3 - 0Hamburger SVi +
Sep 18, 2008UEFA Cupwon.gifVfL Wolfsburg1 - 0FC Rapid Bucurestii +
Aug 30, 2008Bundesligadraw.gifVfL Wolfsburg2 - 2Eintracht Frank...i +
Aug 16, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg2 - 11. FC Kölni +
May 10, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg4 - 0VfB Stuttgarti +
I don't think they have it in them to defend and if Portsmouth have to attack to win here then more likely a high scoring game. However I think with all the shit Portsmouth have been through just getting here: Portsmouth are the latest club to be affected by the credit crunch after the flight company the club use went bust. The south-coast side were forced to charter a 70-seater aircraft to Germany and arrived in Braunschweig late ahead of Thursday's Uefa Cup game against Wolfsburg. (Daily Mirror) Portsmouth themselves are also feeling the pinch and can only afford to book their players into a £65-a-night Premier Inn for their trip to Germany. (Daily Star) They'll be happy to get home and I can see them giving it a go listening out for maybe what's happening in the Heerenveen and Braga game. If Braga go ahead I reckon their heads will drop and the play in running on Wolfsburg would be the best and most sensible option :ok

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 x2 for bruges away at valencia? even with a second team i see valencia winning! it's not true that brugge plays good football ... they take the points in belgium but that's it! heerenveen + porthsmouth over seems a good combo to me! cheers!

I have got to disagree regarding Wolfsburg zico...
VfL Wolfsburg Last 10 Home Matches

Nov 22, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg4 - 1VfB Stuttgarti+
Nov 8, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg3 - 0FC Energie Cottbusi+
Nov 6, 2008UEFA Cupwon.gifVfL Wolfsburg5 - 1SC Heerenveeni+
Oct 28, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg3 - 0Borussia Mönch...i+
Oct 18, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg4 - 1Arminia Bielefeldi+
Sep 21, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg3 - 0Hamburger SVi+
Sep 18, 2008UEFA Cupwon.gifVfL Wolfsburg1 - 0FC Rapid Bucurestii+
Aug 30, 2008Bundesligadraw.gifVfL Wolfsburg2 - 2Eintracht Frank...i+
Aug 16, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg2 - 11. FC Kölni+
May 10, 2008Bundesligawon.gifVfL Wolfsburg4 - 0VfB Stuttgarti+
I don't think they have it in them to defend and if Portsmouth have to attack to win here then more likely a high scoring game. However I think with all the shit Portsmouth have been through just getting here: Portsmouth are the latest club to be affected by the credit crunch after the flight company the club use went bust. The south-coast side were forced to charter a 70-seater aircraft to Germany and arrived in Braunschweig late ahead of Thursday's Uefa Cup game against Wolfsburg. (Daily Mirror) Portsmouth themselves are also feeling the pinch and can only afford to book their players into a £65-a-night Premier Inn for their trip to Germany. (Daily Star) They'll be happy to get home and I can see them giving it a go listening out for maybe what's happening in the Heerenveen and Braga game. If Braga go ahead I reckon their heads will drop and the play in running on Wolfsburg would be the best and most sensible option :ok
You may be right, but considering latest matches of Wolfsburg without Grafite, you might reckon that with their 5-man midfield they will try to stop the oppenent team early so that if they "counterattack" everything will depend on Dzeko and Misimiovic to score or not. Good luck with your bet anyway, I hope for an over myself since I have that in a nice running accy, just wanted to add that point for those who are interested ;)

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 going to take over 2.5 in the live betting on Wolfsburg v portsmouth, did this in Portsmouths last 2 games at odds of 5.00 for the AC milan game and 4.00 for the Blackburn. i really can see a slow start again and overs will be 3.00 20 minutes in if still 0-0.

Valencia - Club Brugge: Draw or Club Brugge Win (double chance) @ 2.75 Betdirect 10/10 This is more a value bet than anything else. Valencia are the favourites but I think they are priced too short. Brugge is playing good football and stands at the top of the Belgian League. They need at least a point to keep qualification alive. A draw doesn't kill Valencia although they would want the win. Finally, Valencia has a big match against Barcelona this weekend which may affect who plays and how Valencia plays. Getting two results for Brugge at this price is very good I think.
Can´t agree dak. I would be extremely surprised if we (I can say WE because I am a Club Brugge fan) get something this evening. Spanish teams play too technical football for us and traditionaly we can´t cope with that. Valencia´s B-side would without doubt still be a title contender in Belgium´s jupiler league. Moreover, losing this evening isn´t a problem. Winning our next home game against Copenhagen will see us through, no matter what. I still hope you´ll win your bet of course.

Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008 And Dzeko scores to 1:0 - 1:1 after mistake of Benaglio (keeper). EDIT: Wow what the hell, 1:2 after 13 minutes.. ^^ EDIT2: 2:2 - I should have gone for that at halftime really.. both teams suck in defence and want to do as many goals as possible..^^

No particular info' date=' but Villa are resting players and if [u']I was to back anything it would be a tiny stake on the fairly big 11s available on a Zilina win. Villa qualified, complacent, focussing on the league, Zilina nothing to lose.
excellent.......Hopefully a "tiny stake" brought a decent return:clap

Yesterday 14:23
bagzi_cg Re: UEFA Cup - 3,4 December 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakuba viewpost.gif No particular info, but Villa are resting players and if I was to back anything it would be a tiny stake on the fairly big 11s available on a Zilina win. Villa qualified, complacent, focussing on the league, Zilina nothing to lose.
Thanks on this info Wakuba:ok
I hope you followed up on it :ok