How Does Your Tote 10 To Follow Compare?

Thought I'd put a thread up so as we can compare our tote 10 to follow lists without cluttering up our own competition thread. Be interested to know who other members have put in their list / lists. My twelve lists for the Tote Ten To Follow are: Binocular, Katchit, Blazing Bailey, Kauto Star, Tidal Bay, Big Zeb, Barber Shop, Oedipe, Kazal, Noland. Binocular, Punjabi, Inglis Drever, Kauto Star, Master Minded, Snowy Morning, Silverburn, Big Buck's, Cooldine, Tidal Bay. Binocular, Sizing Europe, Kasbah Bliss, Voy Por Ustedes, Master Minded, Exotic Dancer, Imperial Commander, Alberta's Run, Trafford Lad, Cousin Vinny. Binocular, Jered, Blazing Bailey, Kauto Star, Master Minded, Neptunes Collonges, Imperial Commander, Air Force One, Tatenen, Gwanako. Crack Away Jack, Jered, Kasbah Bliss, Kauto Star, Master Minded, Noland, Bible Lord, Big Buck's, Nevada Royale, Cousin Vinny. Katchit, Jered, Inglis Drever, Our Vic, Master Minded, Voy Por Ustedes, Barber Shop, Battlecry, Tatenen, Pettifour. Crack Away Jack, Sizing Europe, Inglis Drever, Kauto Star, Tidal Bay, Neptunes Collonges, Maljimar, Air Force One, Breedsebreeze, Elusive Dream. Crack Away Jack, Katchit, Blazing Bailey, Kauto Star, Master Minded, Voy Por Ustedes, Silverburn, Air Force One, Tranquil Sea, Hurricane Fly. Jered, Punjabi, Kasbah Bliss, Kauto Star, Takeroc, Neptunes Collonges, Barber Shop, Character Building, Voy Por Ustedes, Big Fella Thanks. Ashkazar, Sizing Europe, Blazing Bailey, Tidal Bay, Master Minded, Exotic Dancer, Silverburn, Character Building, Osana, Nevada Royale. Crack Away Jack, Sizing Europe, Pettifour, Kauto Star, Master Minded, Gwanako, Imperial Commander, Big Buck's, Kazal, Aran Concerto. Binocular, Jered, Pettifour, Kauto Star, Master Minded, Noland, Silverburn, Big Buck's, Elusive Dream, Chomba Womba. Ginge

Re: How Does Your Tote 10 To Follow Compare? Of those you have picked, Ginge, I have Binocular, Crack Away Jack, Blazing Bailey, Katchit, Tidal Bay and VPU. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Mowgli said I am the only person not to have selected Kauto Star, but he will probably be one of my bonus selections. I think I am the only person to have picked Nine de Sivola and I am definately the only one that picked Franchoek, Doctor David and Franchoek. I don't think I'm gonna win it, so wanted to add a few non-obvious ones and be a little different. Il Duce was my wildcard for the PPower Gold Cup after finishing second in that race in 2007. He finished 4th which wasn't disgraceful, but he's pretty much a wasted selection now as I only included him for that race. If I'd have know Choc would have been on Ouzbeck I probably would have left him off the list. I included Franchoek because it is one of Alan King's. On the ATR stable tour page King didn't seem 100 % sure whether he would remain a hurdler or be sent chasing this year but I was reading the form comments on the RP and they said things conspired against him at Aintree and that he was feeling the effects of a long season at Punchestown, so hopefully he will be spot on after a break. Nine de Sivola is one I've backed ante-post for the National. He seems to enjoy a good test of stamina and was 2nd in the Eider, Scottish and Irish Nationals. I was happy with his second on his reappearance at Carlisle and like many of Ferdy Murphy's he will come on for that run. Doctor David was a bit of a wacky selection. I backed this at Hayock last season when the market opened at 25/1. It got smashed into 17/2 and won, so I have a little soft spot for it. Made his chase debut at Warwick and wasn't a million miles behind Afsoun. The RP said his trainer is better known for its chasers, so I thought he was worth a go to add interest outside the bonus races.

Re: How Does Your Tote 10 To Follow Compare? I have only entered the 1 selection which is the 1 in our competition on here, ideally I'd have permed about 16 horses but I didn't have the cash. Here are the ones that didn't make my list though that I was going to pick: Blazing Bailey, Tatenen, Franchoek, Punjabi, Crack Away Jack, Exotic Dancer, Osana, Katchit, Inglis Drever, Chomba Womba and Shoreacres. I was in 2 minds whether to drop Kauto Star as I knew everyone would include it and go for Exotic Dancer instead. I'm sure they'll oppose each other all season again but last year the horses in Jonjos yard were all suffering and I think Exotic Dancer may get close to Kauto this year, if not even beat it. I think the obvious 1 for everyone will be Denman as a bonus horse but I'm already thinking I'll be looking at Tatenen and if Kasbah Bliss is poor I might include Inglis Drever. I want to be winning a few of the Cheltenham bonus races, got a strong trio for the Champion Hurdle in Binocular, Jered and Sizing Europe and Master Minded should win the QM Champion Chase again. Not sure where they'll aim Voy Por but goes well at Cheltenham. As for Franchoek, King says he might aim it at the World Hurdle, I think it will appreciate a step up in trip and it was one of my favourite horses last year. The last bonus race is the Grand National but finding the winner is hard enough and I probably won't put a bonus horse in with that in mind.

Re: How Does Your Tote 10 To Follow Compare?

1008 Air Force One 1046 Big Buck's 1050 Binocular 1054 Blazing Bailey 1224 Katchit
1225 Kauto Star 1284 Master Minded 1412 Silverburn 1459 Tidal Bay 1485 War Of Attrition
spacer.gifDate: 12/11/2008 01:26:14 League Name:
spacer.gifTransaction Total: £12.00
spacer.gifBet Number: 1
1022 Aran Concerto 1046 Big Buck's 1223 Kasbah Bliss 1225 Kauto Star 1284 Master Minded
1314 Neptune Collonges 1412 Silverburn 1415 Sizing Europe 1442 Tatenen 1459 Tidal Bay
Here's my oldman's an d my lines. i usually do about 10 but didn't send for the book this year so sisn't have enough time to study:hope for you Ginge:ok

Re: How Does Your Tote 10 To Follow Compare? Did anyone use this site to help pick their 10 to follow: http://www.petermartinconsult.supanet.com/racing/ttf/current.htm#milers If I had followed that advice my 10 would probably be Binocular, Sizing Europe, Master Minded, Tatenen, Imperial Commander, Kauto Star, War Of Attrition, Air Force One, Inglis Drever, Noland.

Did anyone use this site to help pick their 10 to follow: http://www.petermartinconsult.supanet.com/racing/ttf/current.htm#milers If I had followed that advice my 10 would probably be Binocular, Sizing Europe, Master Minded, Tatenen, Imperial Commander, Kauto Star, War Of Attrition, Air Force One, Inglis Drever, Noland.
Cracking site that mate. Using that as an advisor I reckon I would have gone Snap Tie, Sizing Europe, Master Minded, Tatanen, Bible Lord, Kauto Star, War of Attrition, Big Bucks, Catch Me, Kicks For Free My tote 10 to follow, is the same 10 I have here.... except Wingman is replaced by Tatenen on the tote one.

Did anyone use this site to help pick their 10 to follow: http://www.petermartinconsult.supanet.com/racing/ttf/current.htm#milers
Yes, I used it last year and I did much better than ever before. It regularly shortlists the winners of the bonus races - this time I've already managed to snare Imperial Commander. My own (single) list is very similar to Ginger's entry no.4 - instead of Tatenen & Gwanako I have Tidal Bay & Alberta's Run.

Yes, I used it last year and I did much better than ever before. It regularly shortlists the winners of the bonus races - this time I've already managed to snare Imperial Commander. My own (single) list is very similar to Ginger's entry no.4 - instead of Tatenen & Gwanako I have Tidal Bay & Alberta's Run.
:ok :welcome

Re: How Does Your Tote 10 To Follow Compare? Cheers! :cheers I've been reading this forum for several months, but couldn't contribute till now because of a computer glitch which thankfully is now sorted. Been following racing for over 30 years, so hopefully I might be able to bring something useful to the table!

I posted that Peter Martin site up 3 years ago on here! He does really well and his formula for what types to pick, I always follow! Hence why I finished 48th with 1 line in the tote comp :lol It would be nice to hit one of those 10 grand monthly comps!!!
I did win a monthly competition, well, the York competition last year. Trouble is although our list appeared top, we were equal with 33 others. We had Authorised and Septimus who both won and Dylan Thomas, second to the former in the International. We got £295 back, split between three! Do know a bloke who's syndacate won the January competiton a few years ago. Have come pretty close in both the monthly and overall comps before. Led the Royal Ascot comp for a time this term. Been in the top thirty, six or seven times. Had a 7/1 shot (began with H and trained by Toller) won the Oaks I would've won the June one (with one other) one year. We usually enter with 10 to 15 lists. Another year I was one of only a few with an Irish novice chaser called Sackville in it. The top points scorer nearly won us the big prize. My list was even listed way back in the eighties when it was done through the Pacemaker magazine. So it is not impossible to win. Ginge

Re: How Does Your Tote 10 To Follow Compare? Closest I've come in any comps was 21st inthe 2006 Royal Ascot select a stable comp. I was second after the first day but couldn't quite get to the high payouts places. The worst thing about it though was that I mixed one of mine and my fathers lines up and it cost me big time.