Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing

Haye 4/7 with Boylesports to win by KO, TKO or DQ I think is an absolute certainty. He's KO'd 20 of his 21 opponents, the only reason he didn't knock out Ismail Abdoul was to prove to people he had the stamina to go 12 rounds otherwise he'd have KO'd him out too. 2nd fight at heavyweight and his punch power would have definitely carried from cruiserweight, I dont think Barrett will be able to handle him. Just can't see him not knocking him out and I'm gonna lump on.

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing

Haye 4/7 with Boylesports to win by KO, TKO or DQ I think is an absolute certainty. He's KO'd 20 of his 21 opponents, the only reason he didn't knock out Ismail Abdoul was to prove to people he had the stamina to go 12 rounds otherwise he'd have KO'd him out too. 2nd fight at heavyweight and his punch power would have definitely carried from cruiserweight, I dont think Barrett will be able to handle him. Just can't see him not knocking him out and I'm gonna lump on.
Welcome to PL mate, good to have another boxing fan on here, there are a limited number of us on here. I'll be watching this fight on Saturday with interest but not sure if I'm betting on it yet. I think Vitali Klitschko is the guest on the programme and there is talk of Haye fighting Wladimir if he wins this in style on Saturday. Haye's dodgy defence makes him exciting to watch, more than capable of knocking someone out but also vulnerable to taking one on the chin and taking a 10 count himself.

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing Yeah I've also heard those rumours as well, I think Wladimir really wants to shut Haye's mouth once and for all. He says he'll be able to take a real heavyweight punch which to be honest im not too sure about but apparently in training he's being working with the middleweights just to improve his speed. Should be a decent encounter anyway.

I think inside 7 to be honest. Can see it being an early KO I think Haye can take Wladmir but not Vitali
Think thats the opinion most have. I still cant back Haye is woefully short prices though, he still has that possibility of being caught.

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing Anyone just see the live press conference on (briefly) Setanta News? Barrett started swearing profusely (it's 1pm) and revealed there hasn't been a contract officially signed! He was moaning about the 'sh*tty' hotels and lack of money they have been giving him and it apparently adamant about a rematch clause in the contract. I take it Setanta had heard enough at this point and pulled it off the air. Anyone know what else was said? Barrett was very angry to say the least. It was just getting interesting..

Anyone just see the live press conference on (briefly) Setanta News? Barrett started swearing profusely (it's 1pm) and revealed there hasn't been a contract officially signed! He was moaning about the 'sh*tty' hotels and lack of money they have been giving him and it apparently adamant about a rematch clause in the contract. I take it Setanta had heard enough at this point and pulled it off the air. Anyone know what else was said? Barrett was very angry to say the least. It was just getting interesting..
Tried to get it on youtube but nothing posted so far. I like Haye a lot, he's good to watch, doesn't fcuk about and he does have some talent. I've got a bad feeling about this fight though, don't know why. I hope he wins and kicks on, I just want to see him take a heavyweight punch I think. If he beats Barret in style I think he will go on and beat Wlad. The two main threats are Vitali and Povetkin, I'd have serious doubts about him beating either of those, but we'll see. I just wonder if he'll come to regret fighting Macaranelli, It's put his heavyweight career back 12 months and the division is suddenly looking a bit tastier than it has for a while (which isn't hard). If he hadn't taken the mac fight he could have been fighting for a heavyweight title this weekend.

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing Yeah it has not been repeated to my knowledge. It was quickly cut when he said that shit about the contracts not being signed yet. I've not heard or read anything about it since though so maybe he was talking out of his arse. Haye did come on afterwards and say Barrett was moaning about not taking the red ones out of his MnMs so maybe he was talking rubbish!

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing Both looked absolutely A1 at the weigh in. No bet or me in this. I might be tempted to have a small snifter on it to finish early. Barret is backing himslef to do it in the 3rd. I know it's a cliche but heavyweight boxing is the winner here. If only all fighters came in in this condition and this hungry.

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing I was going to back Haye round betting, few quid on rounds 1-4 for each round but I'm thinking I might not bet on it at all. Monte Barretts record suggests he has a decent punch but no chin. He got knocked down 5 times in one fight by Wladimir Klitschko including 3 times in 1 round. On the other hand he went 12 rounds with Hasim Rahman and knocked someone out in June this year. Round betting for Haye is about 8-1 each round whereas Barrett round betting is between 50-1 and 66-1 and that seems big against a fighter who may be vulnerable due to a low left arm defence. Still unsure whether to bet or leave it alone. Will decide later.

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing Had a few quid on Monte at 4-1 outright, conflict of interests I suppose as I really want to see Haye win and knock him out. It will only be a small loss if this happens and I really want to see us have a heavyweight champion some time soon.

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing With you Phil Barrett to win fight at 4/1 Monte has knocked out a few decent fighters in his career and Haye whilst being the better fighter is prone to being caught by a punch.....On that and the fact Barrett seems quite wound up at the minute I think he is worth a shot at the odds being priced for this. We still dont know too much about Haye at this weight either.

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing Hows about that then? Great entrance from Barrett:lol Haye's proved something there for me. he did take a shot or two and dished it out. Finished him in style. Here's how it pans out: Haye Vs. Wlad in March, KO in 3-4 no problem. Haye Vs. Vitali next september for the undisputed title, lose in 5-6. The commercial, personal and political pressure is there. The Klitschkos hold the belts, won't fight each other and Vitali is the dominant brother. I'll be incredibly surprised if it doesn't pan out like this.

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing Haye hurt Barrett after the first few big punches (The fight should of been stopped @ the end of the 3rd round because he didnt know what planet he was on and it was obviously only a matter of time before he took his head off!) but its always going to come down to whether he can take the big punches, he self claims that he cant take a punch and thats always going to be the problem... hes just going to have to knock the brothers out before they hit him :nana And the entrance was like a dodgy WWF entrance that goes wrong :moon Mike

Haye hurt Barrett after the first few big punches (The fight should of been stopped @ the end of the 3rd round because he didnt know what planet he was on and it was obviously only a matter of time before he took his head off!) but its always going to come down to whether he can take the big punches, he self claims that he cant take a punch and thats always going to be the problem... hes just going to have to knock the brothers out before they hit him :nana And the entrance was like a dodgy WWF entrance that goes wrong :moon Mike
Nice call on the rounds, would have come in no probs with a jumpier ref:clap

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing You could blame the corner, depends what way you look @ it i think, I sort of felt sorry for him, because Haye had hurt him, just cant see why Barrett and his corner would risk serious injury for a fight that didnt really have that much value (because it wasnt a title fight or anything) I wasnt really a big fan of Haye, i wanted Maccarinelli to knock him out when they had there fight, starting to respect him, about time was more decent heavy weight boxers, and will be good for the sport and we have another great boxer!

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing Naseem would have been proud of a ring entrance like Monte Barrett's. :lol We can't be too critical of Haye as it's all a learning curve for him but at times he lacked composure when Barrett was hurt. He was out on his feet and could have been stopped sooner but Haye got drawn into throwing wild swings a few times and looked a bit gung ho. I was thinking about when Lennox Lewis hurt an opponent, you just knew he would get the job finished as he would pick accurate punches and stay composed, he had a certain killer instinct to get the job done. I thought Haye boxed well, still carries his left arm slightly low but head movement is not bad. He looked a bit shaken when he was hit illegally after slipping and I'm not convinced he could take one off Vitali on the chin and get through the fight. I think he'll beat Wladimir no problem and then it will be a race to KO Vitali before he gets KO'd. He looked a bit knackered after the fight and if he gets dragged into later rounds at any point he might struggle. One thing he does have is that one punch power that Calzaghe lacked last week at light heavy. It just needs one good flush punch and he will knock down most heavyweights but he's also quick with it rather than some of the more cumbersome heavier fighters at this weight division. He's definitely an exciting fighter and just what the heavyweight division needed.

Re: Haye vs Barrett - Sat 15th November - Boxing Still chuckling to myself about Barrett's entrance, he must be gutted with that result! As for Haye - he was very impressive. The power this guy has, coupled with his speed make him an ideal heavyweight. I see today that the Klitschko fight won't happen next up. Maybe one more fight early next year for Haye, and then a world title shot in September....?

Easy money.