Ask Phil Ivey!

PokerPlayerDave

Hi all, hope it's okay to post this but we've managed to secure an interview with the great one, and seeing as it's such a rare occurrence we thought we'd open the floor to our readers (and I know we've got some readers on this forum - apologies to everyone else). We haven't got much time as we're due to do the interview tomorrow, but if you want to ask Phil a poker question, post it here and I'll make sure it gets put to him. Keep them sensible, obviously, but if it's poker related, anything and everything is fair game. The best question will win a special PokerPlayer goodie bag and a special boxed-out bit in the feature. I hope you don't think this is laziness on our part - there are lots of questions we want to ask him, but I thought it might be nice to give you a chance to get your questions answered by possibly the best poker player in the world.

Re: Ask Phil Ivey! Phil, you play a lot of high-stakes poker against top players whose games you must know well. When you play in big-field tournaments, especially in the early stages when you're playing against less experienced players that you don't know at all, how do you adjust your game?

Re: Ask Phil Ivey! I've always wanted to know how he copes in the main event with that old couple peering over his shoulder every hand, every second of the day with their phil ivey t-shirts on. Ask him that. Also, Why he's made a conscious decision to play a tonne more online poker these days, i saw a convo he had with Durrrr on FTP saying he was going to play a load more, is this because the big live games have dried up or are the online games just a lot softer and why? i.e. who's the weakest of the online high stakes regs on FTP. And, has he lost more on sports gambling then he's lost playing craps?

Re: Ask Phil Ivey!

Phil' date=' you play a lot of high-stakes poker against top players whose games you must know well. When you play in big-field tournaments, especially in the early stages when you're playing against less experienced players that you don't know at all, how do you adjust your game?[/quote'] The same question that I was going to ask:ok

Re: Ask Phil Ivey! Phill you seem to play more online now with the introduction of the higher cash tables on Full Tilt. Do you envisage that in the future you shall only play the "Big Live Events" and spend most of your time enjoying yourself on the golf course and logging on for a game online whenever you feel like it.