** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Aintree-Sat 26/10/08

Re: Aintree-Sat 26/10/08 1.05 Rippling Ring 8/11 var bog 15 pts I must admit Im not that happy about the price here, odds on in a handicap is short but now and again one comes along that looks sure to be better than their current mark and this looks like one. For a start it brings classy flat form to the table including a grade 1 fourth behind jay peg, good enough to win a group 1 on dubai world cup night. Over hurdles it was so impressive on debut before running well especially for an inexperienced horse in the supreme when fifth. That form looks really strong now. The second binocular won so well afterwards at aintr. , snap tie the third beat katchit, the fourth ran well afterwards and won a big pot in ire., blue bajan won the swinton very well afterwards, tranquil sea has won since too. Looking at that one imagines that he will prove better than hisc urrent mark or certainly should have the ability to do so, plus I like the flatter track for such a classy flat act, the one to beat.

Re: Aintree-Sat 26/10/08 1.05 with the favourite a very short price (should win against these if its going to live up to its hype). I am looking at some e/w chances & like the look of the 2 trained by Mrs A Thorpe, I have highlighted in my trianers thread that her horses run well at this time of year & Ellerslie Tom 33/1 & Dishdasha 20/1 could well sneak a place in this event. Both have been running during the season & will both be fit from those races. Ellerslie tom would be favoured by quicker going but its normally a decent surface at Aintree so no unduly worried by the G/S forecast. ew on both against the fav.

Re: Aintree-Sat 26/10/08

1.05 with the favourite a very short price (should win against these if its going to live up to its hype). I am looking at some e/w chances & like the look of the 2 trained by Mrs A Thorpe' date=' I have highlighted in my trianers thread that her horses run well at this time of year & [b']Ellerslie Tom 33/1 & Dishdasha 20/1 could well sneak a place in this event. Both have been running during the season & will both be fit from those races. Ellerslie tom would be favoured by quicker going but its normally a decent surface at Aintree so no unduly worried by the G/S forecast. ew on both against the fav.
dishdasha 2nd @ 16's :nana Fav was stuffed in 5th.

Re: Aintree-Sat 26/10/08 Just reading the betfair forum and one person who is a very shrewd judge and owner of a few horses including leslingtaylor wrote this the night before about rippling ring which is very ineteresting.. "This has been bothering me for a couple of hours so i will write it down and get it out of my system, i am probably wide of the mark anyway. Rippling Ring looks to be very well handicapped and must surely be a 150 horse or better.Off 136 he could win tomorrow in a canter.the only thing that is nagging at my mind is that it is not in his interests to be at his best tomorrow. Let me explain.The obvious early season target for Rippling Ring is the Greatwood Hurdle at Cheltenham, on Paddy P Sunday.Worth £100,000 and a grade 3 contest.The problem is that Rippling Ring isn't eligible for it at the moment as you need to have had three hurdle races to enter.If he scoots in tomorrow in the £20,000 added Aintree race he wins a measly £12,000 but goes up potentially a stone or more for the Greatwood.On the other hand if he gets beat tomorrow the Greatwood is at his mercy and he has three runs under his belt so he is eligible. The owner is a well known sportsman and would not be a party to any subterfuge but I do worry that the stable are very canny and must know that being a gallop or two short of peak fitness might be in the horses long term interests.Certainly there is no incentive to have him primed for this and he might just be vulnerable. I was going to lump on him tomorrow but I am thinking maybe not. Am I worrying unnecessarily?" Then his reply " pmt late last night The obvious early season target for Rippling Ring is the Greatwood Hurdle at Cheltenham, on Paddy P Sunday.Worth £100,000 and a grade 3 contest.The problem is that Rippling Ring isn't eligible for it at the moment as you need to have had three hurdle races to enter.If he scoots in tomorrow in the £20,000 added Aintree race he wins a measly £12,000 but goes up potentially a stone or more for the Greatwood.On the other hand if he gets beat tomorrow the Greatwood is at his mercy and he has three runs under his belt so he is eligible. Last night it looked to me like a duck. Now its quacked like a duck. When it next runs in a handicap (the Elite the Greatwood or the Ladbroke) I will be backing it like a duck.