lets turn 50 into 51,200 in just 10 hits

Guest BookieKiller

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Sunday 22.12.02 Bet Thanks for the reply re stake size. Surely though, as each bet goes down your max stake on that bet reduces? If I place x pounds on a bet with y max stake then the next time I go back the max stake is y-x, at least with Hills and Laddies it is. What bookmaker do you use?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: Sunday 22.12.02 Bet Rangers 1-0 down at half time. Looks like Im screwed unless there is some kind of miracle! Rangers 2-1, that was a bit lucky!

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: Sunday 22.12.02 Bet Celtic v Dundee @1/8 - Won :) P Thistle v Rangers @1/5 - Won :) Chelsea v A Villa @ 1/2 - Won :) 50pts Treble Returns: 101.25pts - Stats ------ Starting Bank: 100pts Current Bank: 151.25pts Next Stake: 100pts W/L: 1/0

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: Sunday 22.12.02 Bet mmm i am faving a generally "fuke luck" weekend Appart from rangers somehow winning, I also had £2 in change in an old account so I had Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle 2-0 £2 Double which paid nice £100 Been playing some Tournaments over on Ladbrokes poker and one two on the trot at $50 (£31.4) for a $10 (6.30) entry fee. But I am so kicking myself cos I was almost tempted to have a £2 Yankee (£22) On Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcatle and Celtic to all win 2-0. Better judgement rightly kicked in and said dont be stupid! Of course the bastard came in - all 4 paid like £8300!!!! Always the way though, had I backed it, it wouldnt have happed. Ahem, sorry if any of that sounded like after the eventing. Im not trying to brag.....just a spot of idle chatter!

Guest paulybhoy

Just read this As you say Dave if you had of put the bet on it would have probably messed up, Murphys law! but that must have been a well wishing ghost tapping you on the shoulder trying to convince you to put it on. Great weekend for you, but that one!!I bet you dont know whether to laugh or cry. Most people have had that feeling about a bet and ignored it because of too high odds or whatever, but those odds will take some beating if you live twice. Hope the thought strikes twice and next time you do it.

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: Sunday 22.12.02 Bet mmm Im laughing now Paulbhoy, I think though thats cos I've still had a profitable weekened. If rangers had messed up I would really be kicking myself. Next time!

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: Just read this After a bit of consideration, and a bit of discussion over in the other forum I have settled on Arsenal and Norwich. Norwich have an impressive home record reading 9W 2D 1L, and Arsenal have found their form again playing a lower table side, with only a derby draw to blot the record in recent games, but thats to be expected. Norwich v Brighton @1/2 West Brom v Arsenal @4/7 100pts Double @2.35 Wish me luck...

Re: Sunday 22.12.02 Bet i hear that mate...and just to make doubly sure...'sleep tight' as they had to comment on crimewatch after it was said so many times that a few old dears 'lost it' one week after the presenter didn't mention it!!! but i used to prefer shaw taylor's 'keep 'em peeled' on police5 myself ;)

Guest BookieKiller

lain8888 Thanks mate, i'm also down under at the moment on work commitments, so i dont need to rug up to get to the bookie :) I went and watched the Aussies give us a spanking at the MCG today and got burnt like a tomato. I'm also pretty in tune with the Aussie League (NSL) as well. I cant beleive AC Milan could only draw against Brescia, the players blamed the pitch but thats no excuse. Anyway, i'm going on a 9 day break to the island for new years so will/should be back for Sat 4th Jan EPL matches and will be starting all over again. Ok. I cant resist and will have a small flutter on the WestHam-Arsenal-ManUtd Treble as they are showing all 3 games live on FoxSports today. The treble pays 5.79 and i'll put on 50 on it. Happy New Year to Everyone and see you in 2003 Happy Punting

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: lain8888 West Brom v Arsenal @4/7 - Won :) Norwich v Brighton @1/2 - Lost :( 100pts Double Returns: 0pts - Stats ------ Starting Bank: 100pts Current Bank: 51.25pts Next Stake: 50pts W/L: 1/1

Guest Iain8888

Got to give this a try Been following this fascinating thread for ages now, so following in Daves footsteps, i thought id also give it a go. Im gonna start today, selecting from the sat 28/12 games (odds from Blue Sq): CHARLTON @4/6 to bt West Brom MAN UTD @2/7 to bt Birmingham Staking 50pts on the double which works out at 2.14 decimal odds. The 10 steps to heaven start here...:D

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: lain8888 Change of tact. Gonna go withmy old RPS system....ill start a proper thread when I have time. Just want to get selections in.... Man U v Birmingham @ 1/5 Arsenal v Liverpool @4/5?? 20pts Double

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: Got to give this a try OK thread is created. Gonna ditch this. Like the idea, but I dont think my selection rate is up to the cut for it to work for me. Evens trebles are a night mare to land, but when each evens shot is a double or treble in itself.......yikes :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BookieKiller

I'M BACK i'm back from my holidays and will be starting FRESH. ok, i've had a quick look at whats on this weekend and here are my initial bets: Sat 11.1.03 : Leicester City - Stoke City 1.40 Inverness - Arboath 1.33 Raith Rovers - Montrose 1.28 Treble pays 2.38 Sunday 12.1.03 : Birmingham City - Arsenal 1.62 Inter Milan - Modena 1.28 Juventus - Reggina 1.28 Treble pays 2.65 If I dont make another post this week, then I'll be sticking with my above selections. Happy Punting!!!!!! Dave Mardell : where is this new thread you have started? are we going to drop this thread and start posting selections in your one?

Guest Darlo Fan 1

Re: I'M BACK Just came across this thread for the first time, I didnt think it could possibly be right to make over £50,000 in 10 hits but after tapping away on my trusty calculator, it was true. I dont use as bigger stakes as you lads obviously, but even if I could get 10 straight hits, starting with £5 I could make over £5,000... doesnt seem out of the question. I notice both of you include 1.80 shots at one time though, both of which didnt look straight forward fixtures and they did let you down. I thought this was bankers?? ;) Might give it a try sometime, very interesting :)

Guest Dave Mardell

Re: Dave Mardell mmmm didnt even consider doing it with a £5 to £5,000 I can certainly be much more frivelous with fivers than I can £50.....mmmmm

Guest BookieKiller

Re: I'M BACK This weekends picks 19.01.03 Arsenal - West Ham 1.40 AC Milan - Piacenza 1.25 Anderlecht - Westerlo 1.28 Treble pays 2.24 bet 100

Guest Whopper73

Re: Dave Mardell I have been following this thread with interest. My tips for this weekend would be: matched played on 25/26 Jan Bayern Munich - Borussia M'bach 1.25 Juventus - Piacenza 1.25 FC Porto - Boavista 1.4 The treble pays 2.1875 from betandwin Whopper73

systems Everything sounds so easy....however as a regular gambler on odds on shots on the football i find at least one 'certainty' lets me down..but then again maybe im just unlucky...or a mug punter as my profile indicates! ;)