Nrl Grand-final 2008

Re: Nrl Grand-final 2008 Your a pushy bugger, harke! :D Not the greatest fan of the sport and I'm still not sure what the language is their speaking up their in Siddy and Bripp'n but I believe I can get some cash out of this.

Event NRL: Melbourne vs Manly
Selection Manly
Strength 10/10
Date 05/10/2008
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85 (Back)
Reasoning Last years two combatants meet again, where in ’07 everything felt destined for Melbourne to win. This time around things just aren’t so tight for the Storm – a suspension and subsequent off field issues and some form that’s simply not b-line enough for me. Usually GF repeats produce the turnaround result in Australian sport (except if Collingwood involved) and Manly’s form and resolve is spot on for that to happen. This price well over the odds IMO.

Re: Nrl Grand-final 2008 The odds are stacked against Melbourne and have been since Cam Smith got ruled out. You have to remember though that they have a team full of extraordinary talent, with the likes of Slater, Inglis, Folau and co who are all capable of breaking games open. Melbourne get an extra day's recovery from last weeks win, and Manly go into the game as favourites - a position they have never been in when playing Melbourne over the past 2 years. Melbourne have beaten Manly at each of their last 4 starts, and will go into this game being the underdog. A position which will suit them. Back Melbourne off the bat to win at $2.10 with Sportingbet

Re: Nrl Grand-final 2008 I took the Sea Eagles ante post this season at $8.00 (http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f16/nrl-season-2008-a-63024/) so i'm delighted to see them in the final as favourites. This obviously has a big factor in my betting on this game, i'm going to lay off the sea eagles to cover my orginal stakes and lock in a small profit, but will let the bulk of my bet ride on Manley. I think they are the better all round team and was very impressed with the performance against the Warriors in the perlimiary final. Haven't had time to look at the odds on the spread yet, but Manley by 1 -12 would be my pick. Expect a tight game.

Re: Nrl Grand-final 2008 Just found out my mate got a few free tickets so I am off to my 2nd grand final :cheers :cheers :cheers Really pumped even though I have little interest in these two teams... Fuking Manly :@ :@ :@ I have little opinion betting wise on this match but really should be a great contest... one of the best... in any case I will wait and see how many back manly if Melbourne go long enough I will be on them... nothing big. Just looking forward to the day.:beer

Re: Nrl Grand-final 2008 Not sure the price will get out to where I want it... either way here we go... 1 point Draw @ 21 (Absolutely everywhere ;)) Has proven a smart bet on a number of occasions... something else small based purely on the fact Orford is a monkey (Truly I've done comparative studies between his kicking action and that of a chimpanzee... identical)... 2.5 points Manly Under 18.5 points @ 1.87 After my comments i can see it all now Manly up 18-0 after 78 min... kick to come from the sideline, Beaver steps up to take it... no pressure... no expectation... the tears already streaming down his face... he lunges forward, stumbles, strikes it unbelievably well but it's going wide... HANG ON... it's a miracle... an unbelievable last minute arc has put the ball over... off of the POST... the crowd goes wild... except one man...:eyes

Re: Nrl Grand-final 2008 The weather could play a big part here with a lot of showers in Sydney today and forecast for the same tomorrow. I think Manly was a great chance of reversing last years grand final result but with the wet weather it will suit the Storm however i will stay with my original thoughts of the Manly double of -1.5/under 34.5 @ $3.75 with sporting bet.

Re: Nrl Grand-final 2008 Storm 1-12 for me today. Simple reasons - The Storm have been the best team over the last few years, giving me more than $2 on them to win is a gift IMO. Plus I hate Manly :@ I'll also probably have a few muck around bets like FTS etc, will look into them later on.

Re: Nrl Grand-final 2008 Melbourne for me, simply because they have been and still are the best team in the comp. Think they have the wood over the Eages now. Don't like either side, so I guess I will be cheering on Melbourne :( for my bet (got 2.10 at sportingbet a couple of days ago).

Re: Nrl Grand-final 2008 I'm loving the 2.20 on offer for izzy folau to get a try @ centrebet. Also going for under 34.5. The total has only been over that once in their last 4 games and that was in last years GF. Considering Storm aren't going to dominate like last year I'm seeing the game being very tight with not many opportunities for tries. Going be a great game and tipping Storm for back to back.

Re: Nrl Grand-final 2008 They have just played the first game at the stadium (NSW Cup) and the conditions looked quite good, just depends on what the weather does but looking at the radar it looks as though they might get it in without the rain.