** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ayr 18/9/08

fintron

4.20 Ayr Although he is up almost two stone after a string of fine handicap efforts this season, Allied Powers looks to have strong claims for this class 2 handicap over 10 furlongs. I was at Pontefract when he won in April and he really relished the testing conditions that day, so today's heavy going will present no problems whatsoever. He was dropped back to 10 furlongs for his last outing at Doncaster and came ever so close to registering his fourth win of the campaign. 95-rated Wasan ousted him by a short head but running off 92 here M Bell's colt could still be on a winnable mark himself.

Re: Ayr 18/9/08 3.20 A tricky little sprint with 4 of the 11 coming into this in fine form (under running under a penalty). One of those is Lake Chini who has won his last two on similar ground and runs here off a mark of 66 due to his penalty. Went close a few times last year off similar/slightly higher marks so a hat-trick cannot be ruled out. I've backed Invincible Lad on his last four starts now. Won two on the spin off 56 and 60 before running as if quicker ground didn't suit when 3rd off 67 on his penultimate start. Not disgraced last week at Donny when 9th of 20 beaten only 1.5l despite being 4lb out of the handicap. Runs off his proper mark here so should go well if coping with the heavy ground. Acts on soft. Almost Married is only 3lb higher for his recent win but this drop to 5f may not suit. Invincible Lad 70% of stake 6 Lake Chini 20% of stake 5.8 betfair Almost Married 10% of stake 12.5 betfair Plus combos

Re: Ayr 18/9/08 4.50 Devinius looked a certain future winner behind Bonne so I sided with her on her next start. Despite drifting she hosed up at Thirsk over 1m on soft going. Only raised 4lb for that effort but was beaten NTO when tried at 10f. She was always going to struggle at that trip and is worth another chance back at a mile. Grit has done me two massive favours this year (him winning at 40/1 was the reason for my latest betting shop banning:D) - I know you shouldn't follow horses blind but I do have a soft spot for him obviously. Ran a cracker LTO on soft ground, possibly his best form to date. Devinius 75% of stake Grit 25% of stake Plus RFC

Re: Ayr 18/9/08 5.20 Celtic Lynn was 2nd to Borasco LTO and the race has worked out ok with the 3rd and 5th winning since. 1lb higher here but should go well if handling heavy ground. Ancient Cross has been consistent all season and perhaps the first time headgear can turn him into a winner (season form: 25444223). Easy ground form is 223 and is fairly weighted off a mark of 68 (close to 90 horse Marvellous Value earlier) and if the blinkers eek out some improvement he will take the beating. Ancient Cross 70% of stake 5.8 betfair Celtic Lynn 30% of stake 13 betfair Plus RFC

Re: Ayr 18/9/08 3:20 Paris Bell is not the most consistent of runners, He will like this heavy ground though. A previous course winner on this heavy ground here last year. Ran well at other tracks on this going too. Normally runs over 6f but is continuing over 5f as he did last time out. He is one of those horses who won't be running well and then all of a sudden pops up with a win, Maybe that could be today. His last victory came here. I'll take a chance e/w in a tricky race. 15/2 SkyBet

Re: Ayr 18/9/08

3:20 Paris Bell is not the most consistent of runners, He will like this heavy ground though. A previous course winner on this heavy ground here last year. Ran well at other tracks on this going too. Normally runs over 6f but is continuing over 5f as he did last time out. He is one of those horses who won't be running well and then all of a sudden pops up with a win, Maybe that could be today. His last victory came here. I'll take a chance e/w in a tricky race. 15/2 SkyBet
N/R....

SportHorse Racing
Event220 Ayr
SelectionKyllachy Star
Strength10/10
Date18/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.70 (Back)
Reasoningdecent level of form when 3rd a couple of runs ago - 2nd and 4th won since and the winner now has group race entries suggesting he is highly thought of. Didnt get the run of the race last time and is worth another chance on ground that should suit him ok.

Re: Ayr 18/9/08 Could be tricky at Ayr today, but I fancy a couple at decent prices. 2.20 Bees River @ 4/1 Unseated last time when well fancied in a much better race. He gave a decent showing on debut and looks capable of improving. May have quirks, but this looks a good opportunity for him to get that win. His 3rd behind Master Noverre on debut and he is probably worth following today. 5.20 Keys of Cyprus @ 4/1 Dandy Nicholls in excellent form and this is a horse I feel is capable of improving with few runs behind him. Seems a very inconsistent horse, but I think that is a bit harsh and he won well last time. Slight step up in class but he is proven on the ground and I think he will go well. Sorry, for the poorer right ups. Heating has packed in up here and its fckin freezing. Have you tried typing as your hands shiver :loon

SportHorse Racing
Event220 Ayr
SelectionKyllachy Star
Strength10/10
Date18/09/2008
Reasoningdecent level of form when 3rd a couple of runs ago - 2nd and 4th won since and the winner now has group race entries suggesting he is highly thought of. Didnt get the run of the race last time and is worth another chance on ground that should suit him ok.
:clap:clap Easy easy AK. Thought my one had you but just went from cruising to empty in about 2 seconds with about a furlong to go. Was something like 5s on in running :loon

SportHorse Racing
Event220 Ayr
SelectionKyllachy Star
Strength10/10
Date18/09/2008
:clap

4.20 Ayr Although he is up almost two stone after a string of fine handicap efforts this season, Allied Powers looks to have strong claims for this class 2 handicap over 10 furlongs. I was at Pontefract when he won in April and he really relished the testing conditions that day, so today's heavy going will present no problems whatsoever. He was dropped back to 10 furlongs for his last outing at Doncaster and came ever so close to registering his fourth win of the campaign. 95-rated Wasan ousted him by a short head but running off 92 here M Bell's colt could still be on a winnable mark himself.
:clap

Re: Ayr 18/9/08 Cheers Spooner. I had Allied Powers in a 10/1 double with Persian Sea so over the moon about that. I did lay Allied Powers off just before the off to cover my initial outlay but still made a decent profit so happy with that and thje curry house beckons tonight!!! :nana:nana

4.50 Devinius looked a certain future winner behind Bonne so I sided with her on her next start. Despite drifting she hosed up at Thirsk over 1m on soft going. Only raised 4lb for that effort but was beaten NTO when tried at 10f. She was always going to struggle at that trip and is worth another chance back at a mile. Grit has done me two massive favours this year (him winning at 40/1 was the reason for my latest betting shop banning:D) - I know you shouldn't follow horses blind but I do have a soft spot for him obviously. Ran a cracker LTO on soft ground, possibly his best form to date. Devinius 75% of stake Grit 25% of stake Plus RFC
Bloody hell :clap

5.20 Keys of Cyprus @ 4/1 Dandy Nicholls in excellent form and this is a horse I feel is capable of improving with few runs behind him. Seems a very inconsistent horse, but I think that is a bit harsh and he won well last time. Slight step up in class but he is proven on the ground and I think he will go well. Sorry, for the poorer right ups. Heating has packed in up here and its fckin freezing. Have you tried typing as your hands shiver :loon
:nana:nana:nana:nana A winner Ha-ley-fcukin-loo-yahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!:nana:nana

5.20 Keys of Cyprus @ 4/1 Dandy Nicholls in excellent form and this is a horse I feel is capable of improving with few runs behind him. Seems a very inconsistent horse, but I think that is a bit harsh and he won well last time. Slight step up in class but he is proven on the ground and I think he will go well. Sorry, for the poorer right ups. Heating has packed in up here and its fckin freezing. Have you tried typing as your hands shiver :loon
Another decent priced winner! Keep it up guys :clap Also, good to see Dandy in good form ahead of the Gold Cup. Bodes well for Turnkey!!