Champions League - Winning Nationality

Jk

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality Agreed, looks a cracking price to me. Would have thought its pretty certaint that at least 2 English teams will make the semi's, and more than likely that one will make the final, so you have an 11/8 shot for the final match, then there is always the small chance of an all English final. Its not unimaginable to be an all English Semi Final affair.

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality I made a good wedge backing this bet last season, and I'm struggling to see any reason why it shouldn't win this season. Real's defence looks a mess once again, and you'll struggle to win in Europe with a poor defence. Barca are probably a team in transition with their new manager. Inter are the main threat I suppose, but I have always felt like they have a mental block at the top levels, maybe some sort of inferiority complex from living in the shadow of AC Milan. Mourinho could be the man to change that, but apart from those teams I can't see Lyon, Bayern, Villareal or any of the others winning this year if it means knocking out and English teams and one of the above. The standard of the English squads is at a whole other level to the other nations, and now all 4 have the experience of reaching the final in the last few years.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality Barcelona for me the team i watched last sunday against recreativo, was from other planet, however, yesterday against getafe, and without Messi for the last 30 minutes i watched- i dont know if he started- barcelona was like mediocre team i can not imagine barca without messi in champions league big matches therefore barca for me, above all english teams, ( c mon guys Arsenal is impossible to do anything important, this is NOT under 20 competition) cheers alternative, would be Inter Mourinho's team, really strong , and gaining form steadily to reach max level spring time :dude

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality I will definitely take that price as all English teams look to have a great chance of lifting the cup this year. The only team that I can see testing these 4 would be Barcelona as they play some great football at times but seem to struggle when the likes of Messi are unable to play!!

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality i am sorry, but please forget Inter i withdraw my trust to that team after what they showed yesterday; something like muppet show with alcoholics players -Adriano- or very old and unmotivated like Figo :sad they couldnt create a single chance for 90 minutes, and only at stoppage time missed one to equalize...mountari also is not on high level, ibrahimovic in terrible shape and mood,not to name the funny bourdisso LOL Inter is getting worse and worse every year, i dont know whats happening in campionato, but in champions league Inter are pure mugs, both players and coach Roma may do the upset imo, and fight for the champions league title together with Barca of course, and the english teams - Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool- there isnt any other team IMO cheers:beer

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality Italy ITALY Italy Juventus is my first choice Juventus will win Champions Leageu Inter have a very good team and can be in the final game Roma can be lucky and be in the final game but Juve is the team for 2009 and my team Panathinaikos can win Villarreal but Italy is Winning Nationality

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality

Italy ITALY Italy Juventus is my first choice Juventus will win Champions Leageu Inter have a very good team and can be in the final game Roma can be lucky and be in the final game but Juve is the team for 2009 and my team Panathinaikos can win Villarreal but Italy is Winning Nationality
u think he wants italy to win lol;)

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality

if messi stays fit do you honestly see chelsea or man u being able to compete with barca 6/4 for this bet is madness should be a lot more youll get that price for any team against barca in the final
Over 180 minutes, yeah I think either of them could take Barca. Not saying it'd be easy or a sure thing, but if you offered me 6/4 for either United or Chelsea in an outright to win a final or to qualify situation, I'd take it in a heart beat

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality i just think if barca can maintain their league form and stay well in front of real then they are going to be able to concentrate on the cl, something man u, chelsea or liverpool wont be able to do especially around the time the semis are played when the premier league really hots up i dont think any of these teams will have a clear advantage in the premiership at the start of may.

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality barca and liverpool are the best teams in europe this year for me barca is the absolute favourite to win the trophy for upsets. roma or juventus man utd is weakened in relation to last year, coz of the bad momentum of ronaldo, arsenal and chelsea truly no chance, arsenal because this is adults competition and not u21, and because chelsea under scolari looks as freak :dude

Re: Champions League - Winning Nationality On thier day Barca & Liverpool can take anyone in europe but there are two factors stopping both of them winning it this year in my opinion. Firstly i don't think either team have enough strengh in depth, they both have big squads but once you get past the first team there arnt many world beaters on thier benches. Secondley, and this links in with the first point, unless the game is going well for them both teams come unstuck, obviously these teams are too good to call one dimensional but i don't think either can change thier play and find that final gear when they need to, like man utd can do so well. My moneys still on united but if chelsea can sort carvaliho and terry outand get them playing like they did last year then they can win it too.

• 2 weeks later...