** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September

Wednesday 17 September 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">
Celtic v AaB (19:45BST) 1.534.339.00
Hide « Celtic v AaB
oddsformat_lbl.gifuk_off2.gifeu_on2.gifus_off2.gif
opennewwin.gif
SortAvBOn.gif SortFavOff.gif
v6218.gifv6004.gifv6140.gifv6074.gifv1.gifv6169.gifv6133.gifv6171.gifv6006.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gifv6138.gif
chart_off.gifCeltic888">1.51.41.5Betfred">1.441.5Boylesports">1.441.41.451.41.53Paddy Power">1.51.41.41.41.44William Hill">1.41.51Betfair">1.511.45
chart_off.gifDraw888">3.753.754.1Betfred">3.753.75Boylesports">43.83.753.753.5Paddy Power">3.754.333.83.753.75William Hill">3.754.3Betfair">4.33.8
chart_off.gifAaB888 Sport">688.1Betfred">6.56Boylesports">86.8875.5Paddy Power">79886.5William Hill">78.6Betfair">8.68.2
Best price percentage: 99.5%
Expand Related markets:

Dynamo Kyiv v Arsenal (19:45BST) 5.003.501.93
Hide « Dynamo Kyiv v Arsenal
FC Porto v Fenerbahçe (19:45BST) 1.833.555.30
Hide « FC Porto v Fenerbahçe
Juventus v Zenit (19:45BST) 1.783.655.60
Hide « Juventus v Zenit
Lyon v Fiorentina (19:45BST) 1.983.404.80
Hide « Lyon v Fiorentina
Manchester Utd v Villarreal (19:45BST) 1.534.339.00
Hide « Manchester Utd v Villarreal
Real Madrid v BATE Borisov (19:45BST) 1.129.8029.00
Hide « Real Madrid v BATE Borisov
Steaua v Bayern München (19:45BST) 5.103.501.90

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September What do you think to bet on Zenit with double chance 02 .....they are very strong team as they demostraited many times and I thnik that they calmly can draw against Juve ....what do you think about it ...maybe bet on Zenit's win ? with great prices ...5/1 :loon Do you think that zenit can make a suprise ;)? I think that they can ......juve are strong a solid team but Mu wasn't ?! even more than juve and they lost 2;1 in a very serious game :dude Fenerbahce also...simmilar example.....think about that ;)

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September

What do you think to bet on Zenit with double chance 02 .....they are very strong team as they demostraited many times and I thnik that they calmly can draw against Juve ....what do you think about it ...maybe bet on Zenit's win ? with great prices ...5/1 :loon Do you think that zenit can make a suprise ;)? I think that they can ......juve are strong a solid team but Mu wasn't ?! even more than juve and they lost 2;1 in a very serious game :dude Fenerbahce also...simmilar example.....think about that ;)
dodgy........ Chelsea Vs Bordeaux (Chelsea) Roma Vs Cluj (Roma) Dynamo Kiev Vs Arsenal (Arsenal) Real Vs Bate Borisov (Real) 3.25 £20 on - potential profit £65 .....

Chelsea Vs Bordeaux (Chelsea) Roma Vs Cluj (Roma) Dynamo Kiev Vs Arsenal (Arsenal) Real Vs Bate Borisov (Real) 3.25 £20 on - potential profit £65 .....
good thoughts, was thinking of doing a similar parlay but with barcelona instead of arsenal... since barca are at home and arsenal have to play in ukraine (although i still expect them to win). so, my picks would be: chelsea, roma, barca, real. i'm playing all the home favorites into a parlay to get more value, as its pretty likely they'll all win. and, because if you bet them separate, the odds are crap. don't need much rationale behind this one... its inferior teams away to superb teams and i'm not expecting any shockers. i'm also thinking there might be some value in an individual wager with Lyon @ 2, since they're at home as well and have some talent. but, truthfully, i've not seen much of fiorentina yet this season. anyone?

good thoughts, was thinking of doing a similar parlay but with barcelona instead of arsenal... since barca are at home and arsenal have to play in ukraine (although i still expect them to win). so, my picks would be: chelsea, roma, barca, real. i'm playing all the home favorites into a parlay to get more value, as its pretty likely they'll all win. and, because if you bet them separate, the odds are crap. don't need much rationale behind this one... its inferior teams away to superb teams and i'm not expecting any shockers. i'm also thinking there might be some value in an individual wager with Lyon @ 2, since they're at home as well and have some talent. but, truthfully, i've not seen much of fiorentina yet this season. anyone?
I've seen a fiora's half against Juve at home when they luckly draw 1;1 but they are good , played well , have new Gilardinho and Mutu and another few well-known names ....also I've watched Lyon against Grenoble where they won luckly 3;2....scored goal after penatly shot... I think that really Fiora can draw it calmly I don't think that it worth to get risky and bet on uncertain lyon nowadays:dude

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September Lyon are the standout bet for me in the first round of fixtures. They're notoriously strong at home in the CL and have strengthened this summer. With the likes of Benzema, Fred, Juninho and Govou, they'll always score goals, the biggest thing for them is keeping them out at the other end. I watched Fiorentina twice in Europe last season and season highlights of their away leg in the 3rd qualifying round this year, they've got a lot to learn about playing in Europe, especially away from home. 10/11 looks tempting and the only real value for me.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September huge odds on Zenit IMO. Juve is good, but nothing spectacular at this level really. Zenit proved their strength against Man Utd. Last season they dispatched Villarreal, Marseille, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern and Rangers in great fashion, lost no important players and added a great new signing Dani. They have great individual power with likes of Arshavin, Pogrebnyak, Dani, Zyrianov, Timoschuk, Krizanac, Sirl etc., and also look great as an unit. They've been in a huge slump in Russian Championship, but still are only five points away from the second place. I fully expect them to show their true face at Delle Alpi. the real chance of them shocking Juve surely isn't 1:5.5. away win is surely worth at least a small stake.

huge odds on Zenit IMO. Juve is good, but nothing spectacular at this level really. Zenit proved their strength against Man Utd. Last season they dispatched Villarreal, Marseille, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern and Rangers in great fashion, lost no important players and added a great new signing Dani. They have great individual power with likes of Arshavin, Pogrebnyak, Dani, Zyrianov, Timoschuk, Krizanac, Sirl etc., and also look great as an unit. They've been in a huge slump in Russian Championship, but still are only five points away from the second place. I fully expect them to show their true face at Delle Alpi. the real chance of them shocking Juve surely isn't 1:5.5. away win is surely worth at least a small stake.
holy true :ok

i'm playing all the home favorites into a parlay to get more value' date=' as its pretty likely they'll all win. and, because if you bet them separate, the odds are crap. don't need much rationale behind this one... its inferior teams away to superb teams and i'm not expecting any shockers.[/quote'] If individual odds are crap, odds for the parlay should be even worse. In the long term, that is.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September Few good odds on offer here; Steaua or Draw @ 4/5 Steaua are very strong at home, have only conceded a remarkable 3 goals at home in last 10 games, winning 9, including a 1-0 win over Galatasary in qualifiers. Obviously Bayern are a different prospect but they often struggle away from home. Last season they lost 4-0 away to Zenit and only managed to beat Getafe in extra time in the Uefa Cup. Bucharest is an extremely hostile place to play and the odds look like a solid bet here. Expected result: 1-1 Lyon to beat Fiorentina @ 1.98 Lyon have improved a lot on last season and look very strong, they'll be boosted by a good comback against Nice when 2-0 down to win 3-2. Fiorentina lost 2-1 away to Napoli at the weekend, and a 1-1 draw at home to Juve showing there form isnt brilliant so far. Odds are way to high here imo for Lyon. Expected result: 2-1 Juventus to beat Zenit @ 1.78 As we already know, Zenit are a strong team in Europe now. However, their away form last season wasn't brilliant, and Juventus are very strong at home. They're back in the Champions League after a couple of seasons out and will be keen to improve. 3 points is vital for them here and I expect them to take them. Expected result: 1-0

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September gone for a lyon and zenit double for this set of games. lyon always start well but fade as the tournament progresses while i think a lot of people still underrate zenit. after completely demolishing the uefa cup last season and beating man utd in the super cup this season its about time people take notice, and with odds of 5.28 on betfair i couldnt pass that up. also thinking of laying porto against fenerbache. thoughts there?

gone for a lyon and zenit double for this set of games. lyon always start well but fade as the tournament progresses
Last season they started awfully with a thumping at the hands of Rangers (3-0 at home) and Barcelona (3-0) before progressing to hand Rangers a reverse result and qualify against the odds where United struggled to overcome them. Last season seems to be the opposite of this but i still like this bet but champions league is very unpredictable (Olympiakos beating Real and Werder Bremen i think last season away from home?) and i'll stick to Chelsea (-1) @ 5/6 with them having a tremendous home form and in a rich vein of form whilst Bordeaux have lost both their league away games (1-0 & 2-1 against PSG and Lille respectively).

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September Steaua - Bayern. Both teams to score 1.83 (bet365) We can see the the progress in Romanian football. A sensational result from CFR today. A lot of money are invest there, this can tell us better our romanian friends here. Steua is one of the most popular teams in Romania so the crowd will be a big factor. I heard abaout problems in hosts but the motivation for this match will be on the top for all the players, no matter of their status in the club. On the other side, Bayern is a europian collossus. They are hungry for matches in CL. There is no point to duscuss the players abillities. Their attacking power is remarkalbe. The partnership between Toni and Klose is more than good. Ribery is set to be back after injury. More than capable to score (even more than one). The other very intresting bet is 1/2 29.00 (bet365). An exciting first half for romanians, one goal ahead, and a strong and superb second half for Bayern. :gimme But it is in the sphere of risky bets. :dude In the end, my major bet for the night, 'all in' Real Madrid 1.10 (bet365). No doubt about it. :nana

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September im going for a 4 team accy. feeling lucky after having 20 qiuid on lpool and inter yday. arsenal - purely because the style of football they have been playing of late is class. will be too much for dynamo to cope with in my opinion. lyon - a team that always seems to be there or there abouts in the champs league. quarters etc. just never have the lucky break. they play well in champs league, and have some very good players. fiorentina, i dont think are a very good team. they are away from home, and most probably will try for the draw, which will allow lyon to bomb forward and attack, which they are great at. man utd - self explanitory really. class throughout the team, and should easily beat villareal. porto - another team i like. i think they will have too much for fernerbahce. i dont like the way any turkish teams play. so porto, manu, arsenal and lyon win. £50 returns 494 with willhill

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September bunch of picks for these games: ManUtd/Villareal: United will have ronaldo on the bench apparently, so he'll only see a little action in the 2nd half if any. carrick is out, and as we know in europe, controlling central mid is key. berbatov is also apparently hurt. united haven't been playing all that well recently, so this makes it a tricky affair. last time these two met in the champions league they drew 0-0 and villareal will be a threat more than people think. the stats say 80% chance of an under, so im doing under 2.5 @ 1.71. also, im finding some value with villareal (+1) @ 1.91 with small stake considering the stats show a 60% chance of villa win (i'm telling you united have been dodgy lately). i'm taking this bet because villa have a chance to draw (thus bet wins). and, if united does win, it will be by a small scoreline i think so the bet will push. worth a small stake. celtic/aalborg: this one i'm doing purely based on stats. celtic have had great home form while aalborg have had great away form. stats are showing 52% chance of aalborg win and 11% chance draw, and 37% chance celtic win. so, thats 63% chance this bet could be profitable if aalborg win or draw. therefore, i think its worth a small stake for aalborg (+1) @ 2.00 http://www.betstudy.com/prediction/695451/celtic-fc-aalborg-bk/ lyon/fiorentina. lyon have been stellar at home while fiorentina have been mediocre away. stats show 67% chance of under here. also, stats show 40% chance of a draw and 51% chance lyon win. so, i would normally take lyon to win here, but it looks as if the draw is pretty likely as well. lyon (+0) is only 1.35 so, i'll just take the under 2.5 @ 1.63 http://www.betstudy.com/prediction/695453/olympique-lyonnais-acf-fiorentina/ arsenal/dynamo. last time arsenal played in kyiv they surprisingly lost to dynamo... so they'll be cautious. but, i also think this arsenal squad is very talented and will be looking to play attacking football as usual. they thrashed blackburn away 4-0 last match. stats show 54% chance of arsenal win here, so ill take pretty good odds of arsenal @ 1.85 juve/zenit. zenit are a tough team and should give juve problems. juve will be anxious to perform now that they're back in the champs league. i'm actually expecting juve to win. BUT, part of betting is value and for me, zenit (+0) @ 3.85 is value because they could very well squeak out a win or draw here. if they draw then its a push, but worth a small stake in my opinion

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September Just as a addition, be careful with bets on Man Utd. A bad star for them. Leave the results, the football they showed is poor. No idea in the middle, no chanses in attack. The return of Ronaldo would be positive, but I dont think he`ll be good enough (on his well known excellent level). On the other side, Villareal are a typical spanish club, theu can beat every team. Only one mistake from Utd defenders and they can score. Just be careful... :unsure

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September Considering the under in the United/Villareal game. Villareal will play courtiously away from home and will want to grind out a result. Only problem for the under is ManU, have so many potential players than can take freak shots and score. They have been playing quite poorley though of late and it is hard to predict how they will play against Villa. I can only hope we see a tight game here.

Juventus to beat Zenit @ 1.78 As we already know, Zenit are a strong team in Europe now. However, their away form last season wasn't brilliant, and Juventus are very strong at home. They're back in the Champions League after a couple of seasons out and will be keen to improve. 3 points is vital for them here and I expect them to take them.
Which away form exactly you refer to? I remember Zenith thrashing Leverkusen away 4-1 in 1/4 finals, drawing in Munich 1-1 in the 1/2 final, watched both games, this team simply plays away just as good as home. Juve have a lot of goals to score this season with the new buys, but they can not gel together yet, while defense is somewhat funny. Tactically Advocaat is a top Manager, Ranieri is just another good one. Zenith clearly are less bothered in the Russian league this season, priorities are obvious - as far in CL as possible. If somehow Zenith are through the group stage, expect them to buy, not to sell, and with the sponsors they have it is no problem. Too close this game, Cluj were good experience not to underestimate the East. At 1,72 Juve are of no interest to me, unless I consider the Over late today, which is priced well, or Goal/Goal. That's very unlikely though, both teams will be extra careful, another option would be Draw at HT. Friends I have are staking high on Juve -1 EH, but I will pass.. Good luck

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September Overs in CL ARE PRICED WELL, so here are my picks Kyiv - Arsenal Over 2,5 goals at 2,00 Dinamo scored 8 vs Spartak Moscow, they go forward no matter who they play, 3 Overs in the group stage last year, better team this season. Arsenal's attack needs no further praise, best possible odds with this info in hand. Steaua - Bayern Munich Over 2,5 goals at 2,05 Odds here are also tempting. Romanians have frenetic support, great team, enough experience in CL, won't hide as it will be fatal vs Bayern. An Over with any German team in the Cups should be a routine, with 3 of the best forwards in Bundesliga it is adequate to expect goals. That fact that Bayern are somewhat clumsy at the back is just making my point stronger. Real Madrid - Bate Borisov Over 3,5 goals at 1,78 No way will the Belorussians hide in this game, playing at Bernabeu will be a lifetime experience and the guys will be out to impress. This David and Goliath game can only end with convincing Real win, sure, this is what I thought about Werder last night :) I am tempted with BATE to score, who didn't against Real? Juventus - Zenith Over 2,5 goals at 2,05 This is my risky one, thought long about it, but the fire power in Juve and the fast counters by Zenith made me go for it. Zenith will start tight waiting for their notorious breaks, Juve won't rush and will be extra cautious - after all they are not facing Korean Super Reds on a promo trip. All I need is a goal in the first 35-40 mins, than the game would explode. Just like in the case of the weekend L'pool - Man U game I will wait on the odds for Over 2 goals in Manchester to go further up and will take it gladly. It looks like the world will be on the Under, which as a rule should make that price of currently 1,52 go up to hopefully 1,65-1,70. This will be a temptation - why Under guys? It is Teves, Rooney and possibly Berbatov there, not to mention other famous names in both teams..... GOOD LUCK ALL

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September some thoughts: celtic have good display against dannish teams in european competitions. hesselink and samaras are good strikers. so i fancy celtic -1 EH man u will have a hard task tonite vs villareal, spanish style doesn´t suite them very well. villareal have santi cazorla youth superstar in attack so i think @1,8 for villareal to score is a really good price kiev arsenal game should be a interesting one tonite. arsenal with walcott adebayor and van persie in attack is terryfying, also dinamo is willing to show some better performance than last years 0-0-6 and 4:19 record which was really embarassing for them. at first look i wanted to take over 2,5 goals but the possibility of 1-1 is really high so i prefer to pick both teams to score

here's my 2 cents:
Celtic v AaB celtic for a home win. they are after all good at home, and aalborg isnt exactly top ten.
Hide « Celtic v AaB
oddsformat_lbl.gifuk_off2.gifeu_on2.gifus_off2.gif
opennewwin.gif
v6218.gifv6004.gifv6140.gifv6074.gifv1.gifv6169.gifv6133.gifv6171.gifv6006.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gifv6138.gif
chart_off.gifCeltic1.51.41.51.441.51.441.41.451.41.531.51.41.41.41.441.41.511.511.45
chart_off.gifDraw3.753.754.13.753.7543.83.753.753.53.754.333.83.753.753.754.34.33.8
chart_off.gifAaB688.16.5686.8875.579886.578.68.68.2
Best price percentage: 99.5%
Expand Related markets:

Dynamo Kyiv v Arsenal unless its a really bad day for them, then arsenal are going in for an easy win. dynamo are going to concentrate on adebayor leaving space for fabregas and nasri.
Hide « Dynamo Kyiv v Arsenal
FC Porto v Fenerbahçe tough one to call. porto are at home but fenerbahce look like the better team. quite possibly a draw.
Hide « FC Porto v Fenerbahçe
Juventus v Zenit another possible draw. juve are playing at home, and the typical italian boring defensive football could disarm zenit. but zenit have been looking like money recently.
Hide « Juventus v Zenit
Lyon v Fiorentina tough call. but lyon at home looks good especially with good recent form.
Hide « Lyon v Fiorentina
Manchester Utd v Villarreal ronaldo comes back tonight which is a psychological boost. dimitar looks like he's getting in the groove. tevez is always ready. lets hope rooney doesnt pull off a rooney and waste every ball he gets.
Hide « Manchester Utd v Villarreal
Real Madrid v BATE Borisov i feel sorry for bate. playing real at home is a tough task, and for a team that is playing in the champions league for the first time its going to be sad. although Real have some trouble in defence with no pepe and maybe no ramos.
Hide « Real Madrid v BATE Borisov
Steaua v Bayern München don't be surprised of a draw.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September FC Porto Vs Fenerbahce The turks dont travel well and have n't started their domestic season well under Euro 2008 winning manager Luis Aragones, Porto on the other hand despite losing Bosingwa, Quaresma and Postiga have bought some exciting prospects in including Pele;), winger Christian Rodriguez from PSG plus highly rated Romanian Sapunaru came from Rapid Bucurest.If they gel then they are experienced enough now in the champions league to defeat Fenerbahce who also struggled in the qualifier away to Partizan drawing 2-2.The key battle in this game will be between Argentine, Lucho Gonzalez and the Brazilian, Alex. Two decent players. Pick; Porto WIN @ 1.80

Which away form exactly you refer to?
They've only won 4 of there last 10 away matches, and one of those was against United in the Supercup. They lost 3-1 to Marseille, 2-1 to Villareal and 1-0 to Everton in the Uefa cup. Agreed the 4-1 against Leverkusen was a good result, but that was a one off. They hardly won any of there other away games. After 20 games this season Zenit are currently 7th in there league, and have only won 4 out of 10 away from home.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1- Wed 17th September Don't forget that Kiev wan all the games against Arsenal in Kiev. Don't forget about Milevskiy and Bangoura, I'm from Kiev by the way. To whom who wants take Over - it's been raining in KIev for all the day. At such weather the teams can play easily Under, moreover it's the start of CL. I think it must be a draw, 1-1. As for Zenith - I'd mention here the friendship between Putin (he is from St. Petersburg, by the way) and Berluskoni - they're in good relations. And in the war against Georgia Berluskoni tried to defend Russia. So, don't think me to be crazy but I think Zenith will not lose. I guess Juve will make some present for the Russians.