** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept Basel - Shakhtar Not under 3.5 goals. Basel always score at home and Shakhtar are an excellent counter attacking team with their brasilian players Brandão Fernandinho Ilsinho Jadson and Basel miss striker Marco Streller suspended midfielder Behrang Safari and injury victim Eren Derdiyok. Should not be under 3 goals when Shakhtar play offensive and will go for the win. Basel will be the last in their group. No doubt.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept

ok finally had a chance to look at things more. nicko' date=' you're right liverpool/marseille will probably be closer than i think. so, i will wait to place my bet on that one and may not bet at all.[/quote'] Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to put you off your bet, if your knowledge and guts are saying Liverpool - go for it, then if you win it is a great satisfaction, if you lose you are only blaming yourself. My point was Marseille this season is a better team. How well the new players will fit in CL and oppose the mighty Reds is a different thing. Has the Manager learned from the lesson given by Rafa last season is also another thing. There again at Anfield last seaSon odds for HW were 1,30, just to see that superb strike by Valbuena and AW. I can see Meatman having close opinion on this one, just to further convince me - NO BET. Good luck

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept My bet for tonight is an acca with- Barcelona, Chelsea, Roma and W.Bremen. I dont think much explanation is needed as they are all very low odds on favourites. I just can't see any of them not winning! Barca have a lot to prove after a poor start to the Season. Chelsea have had a great start and this is the comp they really want to win. Roma v Cluj is a complete mismatch, rumours Totti will be fit as well. W. Bremen are too good at Home for anorthosis who did great to qualify but did actually lose there 2 away legs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of qualification. 1 additional point. I am a Panathinaikos fan so i might be slightly biased???!!- Do not bet Inter, Panathinaikos have bought 3 excellent Brazilians, Gilberto Silva (captain of Brazil), Souza (top goalscorer in Brazilian championship in 06) and Gabrial (very versitile player , reminds of essien) and not too mention Henk Ten Cate as coach. We have had a good start to the season, winning both qualifications rounds of CL with ease, and although we had a stutter against AEK on the opening match day we bounced back with a 3-0 win at the weekend. Furthermore its in the fantastic Athens olympic stadium tonight, sold out 70000. Atmosphere will be electric! can see a draw or a low scoring victory for Pana. Btw last year Inter lost there opening game of CL last year away at Fenerbachce.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept Chelsea (-1) @ 5/6 seems to stand out to me with them having a tremendous home form and in a rich vein of form after thrashing a Man City team which was supposedly revitalised with their influx of foreign money and big name players whilst Bordeaux have lost both their league away games (1-0 & 2-1 against PSG and Lille respectively). Scolari will know how important this Champions League is to Abramovich and i'm sure he will be shown the door if he doesn't win this 'holy grail' within the next 2/3 years just as Mourinho was so i'm sure he'll not settle for a '1-0' and will continually attack to kill the game off with a comfortable 2-0 / 3-0 scoreline. Ballack making his comeback tonight will make up for the loss of Essien and with Joe Cole sparkling into form and Chelsea's remarkable, what is it now around 90 odd home matches unbeaten?, i can't see anyone betting against Chelsea and the handicap (-1) seems a nice bet at 5/6

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept werder bremen, at 8-13 to win HT/FT seems like a very good bet to me. my favorite of the day. Barcelona "should" see Sporting off, but they're performances lately have left a lot to be desired, and at that price i simply can't back them vs. a good portugese team. in fact i'd feel much more inclined to take the +1.5

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept Marseille v Liverpool, Over 10 Corners @ Evens. Seems a strong bet to me, both teams will aim to play with a lot of width, and I know Liverpool get a lot of corners in the premiership.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept A quick look at the shirts odd on the Chelsea game looks interesting. Over 58 on the Shirts is 13/8. Chelsea will most likely start with Anelka up front, who is number 39, so if he could get a goal that will give this bet a good chance. Also got Deco in at number 20 and Terry number 26 who are capable of scoring. I expect overs in this game so I might take a risk and go for this bet.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept my picks: basel-shakhtar under 2.5 or draw FT here i thnik that shakthor is better team he trashed dinamo zagreb home and away they have good brasilian attack and i thnik they will score 1 goal and also basel at home will score:P 1-1 corect score:D marseille-liverpool another draw game all thnink that pool is a lot better of marseille but marseille are on home court i dont see here marseille lose:D maybe another draw 1-1 or 2-2 also roma-1 chelsea-1 werder -1 no comment for this far better teams than their opponents :D GL guys

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept PSV (0) @ 1.86 Proven team in the CL, especially at home where they are renowed as being very strong. Athletico do have quality but playing on the road is never easy in europe and I'm surprised there are such generous odds on PSV here. Basel -0.25 AH @ 2.13 I don't know much about the Swiss team but I think home advantage could be important in this one. Traditionally the Ukrainians are poor on the road so perhaps might struggle here. Not much elese tempts me tonight in the asian markets, there are a lot of big lines. Good luck all

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept Roma - Cluj Pick:Under 2,5 After the summer break Roma made 5 match and 5 goal.It saw us how a bad attacking style at Roma this year.Last week they go to Palermo's house and they lost match 3-1 . 4 day later they will play with reggina. Cluj is more ready for that match that Roma.They played over 10 match after summer break.Their squad is bad i know that but last week they suprised me.Because they win the match against Gloria 2-1 at away.And player saw us they are not thinking of Roma match.That's big thing for like that kind of club. There is a big difference of these club i know that.But i think Cluj can play strong.So that odds are good.I will play under 2,5 to this match.I think to play 02 to this match in my surprise. Panathinaikos - Inter Pick : Inter Panathinaikos made 9 match after summer break and they won 6 match.After Ten Cate come to the team as manager Panathinaikos play different type of football.They defense are more important than attack this year.Only 4 goal conceeded. Inter after come to Mourinho they played 7 match and not lose.Mourinho do with Inter what he want.It is important we know.Because Mourinho is very succesfull in Champions League matches.They won the match last week against Catania.This is important because footballers dont think this match while didnt play the match of Catania.They play match to match. I think Mourinho is very clever man.He know what he do.So that Inter is big winner in this match. Marseille - Liverpool Pick : Liverpool Eric Gerets plays attacking football.We know this.But Marseille squad there isnt any players to play offensive football against Liverpool.They have only Niang , Kone , Ziani.But their defense and keeper are bad.If they play open football things can be bad for Gerets. Liverpool are in very good form.Last match they showed us how they can play before champions league matches.They come Marseille very confident.They have very good squad. I think Benitez knows what he do . So that Liverpool will win. Good luck for everybody !!!

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept A quick bet before start. 0 HT/ Bremen FT @ 4.75 Reason: I guess it will be a match which will be comparable with the match against Cottbus 3:0 (0:0). It will take time to break the defense, well it usually does against such teams.. :hope

Re: Champions League: Group Stage Matchday 1 Tue 16th Sept my picks for today´s matches: i´m getting @2,0 for sporting to score one or more goals at my local and i feel free taking it. let me mention three things here - santander 1:1 numancia 0:1 wisla 0:1. at first glance i was about to take sporting +2 EH but with sporting to score i feel more comfi. :nana for psv-atletico match i pick over 2,5 goals. few reasons- eindhoven with typicall dutch offensive football and atletico also capable to score some with forlan simao and aguero on the pitch. :nana tough match this nite gon be pana-inter for sure. stadium packed with 65k supporters and mourinho special one vs ten cate on the other side...these two guys know each other well from cooperating on chelsea´s bench last year. i think it should be a tactical battle, where the quality on inter´s side shall prevail. so i´m going for inter to win by 1 goal difference @3,5 :spank goes to adriano killin it in 85th minute liverpool straight win has already been mentioned here and i´m going with it as well. pool high flying atm, olympique lost nasri who was a very important player for them and cisse who knew how to decide a match, i´m stayin away from pool win by 1 goal, which is also very possible i think but i´m not that sure about it. however price for straight AW is high enough for me. :nana good luck!!!

Marseille Vs Liverpool 25123_hp.jpg Two teams in good form in their respective leagues, with Marseille snatching a draw against Bordeaux and the reds outplaying League and current CL holders,Man U, 2-1. Rafa knows the importance of a good start in this group will be, should learn some lessons from last years group stage, where Liverpool started poorly. However they did tonk Marseille 0-4 last year, with Torres and Gerrard likely to be back to start it bodes well for a Liverpool side full of confidence, Marseille will have the crowd behind them and have some decent players such as Ben Arfa and Valbuena but imo opinion the losses of Samir Nasri and Djibril Cisse maybe too much and I'll be having a decent bet on the reds to put them to the sword on Tuesday night. Pick, Liverpool WIN @ 2.46 (betfai.r)
does anyone have any opinions on atletico madrid winning at psv tomorrow night? they're priced at 2.96 on betfair and they have a very good squad with the likes of aguero' date=' forlan and simao, providing a very dangerous, quick attack against a psv team who are a very defensive team.[/quote'] Ker-ching, money in the bank..:ok:beer love you pepe reina:D:beer

does anyone have any opinions on atletico madrid winning at psv tomorrow night? they're priced at 2.96 on betfair and they have a very good squad with the likes of aguero' date=' forlan and simao, providing a very dangerous, quick attack against a psv team who are a very defensive team.[/quote'] :wall shows me for not goin with my gut instinct! bah just hope my lyon/zenit double tomorrow compensates

An Under 3.5 four-fold of this; PSV - Atletico Madrid Panathanikos v Inter Barca v Lisbon Basel v Shakhtar Pays 2.91, decent odds in my opinion. Add Roma to that and it pays 4.27. Theres various other interesting things to look at from those results.
:ok Liverpool game over 10.5 corners :ok Chelsea over 58 on the shirts :ok

werder bremen, at 8-13 to win HT/FT seems like a very good bet to me. my favorite of the day. Barcelona "should" see Sporting off, but they're performances lately have left a lot to be desired, and at that price i simply can't back them vs. a good portugese team. in fact i'd feel much more inclined to take the +1.5
:wall werder can't push one across at home to the cypriots? :sad

My picks for tomorrow: Roma-Cluj We all know anything can happen in sports and we've all seen many strange upsets happening but I will be very, very, very surprised if Cluj loses by less than 2 goals tomorrow. Roma has many injuries but some of the players are expected back in the team tomorrow (Di Rossi, Vucinic and Francesco Totti from what I read) and they are much more experienced. Cluj had a poor start of the season in Romania and just sacked their coach (Italian Maurizio Trombetta took over). They have no experience at this level at all and I know very well their 6 Portuguese players (all just average players bought from lower 1st division clubs Like Amadora and Paços de Ferreira). My pick: Roma -1.5AH (1.78); Barcelona-Sporting We all know Barça has plenty of World Class players but they do not have a team at the moment. I watched their home game against Santander last weekend and they do not play as a team and the coach is under pressure from the fans. Sporting has basically the same team from last season but improved in defensive terms with the hirings of defender Caneira and midfielder Rochemback. Sporting always plays it tight in these competitions (last season they lost away to both M. United and Roma 2-1 and won in Ukraine against D. Kiev 1-2) and I expect them to give Barça a hard time tomorrow. My only concerns are: Barça has many players who can win the game by themselves (even if there's no team play) and Sporting's keeper Rui Patrício lacks experience. The fact that the odd on Sporting is going down instead of going up (as more bets are surely being placed on Barcelona) is a good indication IMO. Risky one but I'll take the "dog" on this one. My pick: Sporting +1.5AH (1.84); Marseille-Liverpool We all know these teams met last season (both winning the away game) and that the Reds didn't start the CL very well last season. Still, Rafa Benitez seems to be tailored for this type of competition and he knows how to take his team far. I do not expect an easy win for Liverpool like last year's 0-4 but they have superior quality and bench options and I see them taking advantage of the momentum they've got going after that tough win against rivals Man. United over the weekend. My pick: Liverpool -0.25AH (1.96); Good luck! JC
1. lost I'm still in shock!!! I know both teams fairly well and for me this is the biggest upset of the year in Football. 2. lost A horrible day for Sporting and a non-existing penalty giving Barça de 2-0... 3. won JC