Longchamp 14/09

Trotter

Re: Longchamp 14/09 Terrific Card at Longchamp today on ATR and probably on RUK as well.......... 5 Group races and amongst the stars on show - Zarkava, Da Re Mi, Vision D'etat, Prospect Wells, Zambesi Sun 3.00 Prix Neil My current choice for the Arc, Vision D'Etat, runs here - but I don't think he'll win today. Coming back off a long break, hasn't run since the French Derby. Might need the race. I'm going for our own Centenniel to put these fancy dan French types in their place. The two big guns, Vision D'Etat and Prospect Wells are both resolute galloping types who should go well in the Arc. But today with a small field and no pacemaker, I reckon Centenniel has his prime conditions - an easy lead, uncontested, make his own pace and sprint to the line while the big guns are still revving up behind him. Centenniel to win.

Re: Longchamp 14/09 2.25 Prix Vermeilles Love to see Zarkava slaughter the field with a devasting turn of foot and confirm her place as the superstar of the season. But she hasn't run for a long time and may not be fully wound up for this with a certain bigger race to come in a few weeks time.......... So I'm taking a chance on Da Re Mi. Her second in the Yorshire Oaks to Lush Lashes reads pretty well and stamina is her strong suit I don't know if she's entered in the Arc, but this is her Group One race to take..........I don't think she'll be holding back anything for another day..... Da Re Mi to win

Re: Longchamp 14/09 3.30 Prix Foy Not very inspiring collection of older horses Zambesi Sun is turning into a bit of a rogue and can't seem to handle the top level nowadays. This looks fairly easy, but I just don't fancy him. Seems to need a fast run race to settle. He might get that in the Arc, but probably not here with only 6 runners........ I'm gonna plump for Crossharbour to spring a bit of a surprise as the lesser fancied of the two stablemates.