ali's spread betting

aliando

Re: ali's spread betting

Good luck mate, it's the crack cocaine of betting innit? I've never done it and must confess that I get confused what Buy and Sell mean. In your first bet does Buy mean you want over or under 2.7 goals?
cheers hodgey! the under/over line was 2.5-2.7 - thus betting unders would mean betting under 2.5 and betting over is over 2.7 - from the question by sloppy: if i buy at 2.70, a 0-0 result would = 2.7xstake loss and a 2-2 result would = 1.3xstake profit. with the line at 2.7, the a goal reduces the loss by 1pt (ie 1-0 would = 1.70 loss) and once the goal tally = 3, we are talking a 0.3xstake profit. If i sold at 2.5, the 0-0 would return 2.5xstake profit and 2-2 would mean a 1.5xstake loss. thats my undersatanding, although i'm not sure I can demonstrate it clearly enough atm as i'm in a rush. cheers clarky - I've opted for a stop loss account - no big wins but no big losses then either :ok

So say the match finishes at 0-0 then whats the outcome of a £1 stake?
Not sure if this stake is £1 or £5 as a goal is broken down in .2's this is wherethe 2.7 comes in ,but if its 0-0 you loose 2.7 x your stake & if its 2-2 you win 1.3 of said stake......clear as mud now i've put my bit in ;)

cheers clarky - I've opted for a stop loss account - no big wins but no big losses then either :ok
Good man, i had to hand over a weeks wages to both IG & Sporting 5 years back(& i'm a plumber):loon, every now & again i have to have a go, to get it outta my system....:(

Re: ali's spread betting I've been spread betting for about 10 years and wouldn't recommend anyone to open an account, having said that I love the buzz. I've won and (mainly) lost fortunes. When it's good it's very very good, but when it's bad.......... A few years back one of the firms took me to a premiership game in an executive box. That's how "good" a customer I was. I've cut it right back now and probably win more than I lose, but it would take something special to win back what I've lost over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: ali's spread betting cant see cardiff winning tomorrow, and given tha we've not scored in open play since aug 3rd... EVENT Cardiff City v Birmingham MARKET Birmingham/Cardiff City (h) BUY @ 0.2 STAKE 1.00 0-0 will = 0.2 x stake loss a cardiff win will = margin of victory x stake loss birmingham win by 1 goal = 0.8 x stake; win by 2 goals = 1.8 x stake and so on

cant see cardiff winning tomorrow, and given tha we've not scored in open play since aug 3rd... EVENT Cardiff City v Birmingham MARKET Birmingham/Cardiff City (h) BUY @ 0.2 STAKE 1.00 0-0 will = 0.2 x stake loss a cardiff win will = margin of victory x stake loss birmingham win by 1 goal = 0.8 x stake; win by 2 goals = 1.8 x stake and so on
birmingham win by the odd goal, so a profit of 0.80 current bank = 104.10 profit = 4.10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Re: ali's spread betting Not a good day Ali, We-sham -11, Kettering -23 & Cov +6.5, i did these bets on the basis of smaller teams defending with everything against the bigger teams as this has worked before for me the latest being the Southend/ Chelsea replay that was a buy @ 31 & was 10x11 so the MU was 110...very nice..

• 2 months later...