** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 )

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 )

I dunno what to say about Sudan now that they lost!!! :unsure If it's any consolation, I've lost my whole bank with Bet365 on that game! :cry It may take me sometime to collect my thoughts and regain self-confidence. I would have expected England to draw to Andorra, or Germany to Liechtenstein, but not Sudan to even draw to Chad, let alone lose to them! :( I owe each and everyone of you a BIG apology... :$
No need for an apology. Even if you though they were a 1/3 shot you still expect them to lose one time in four. As happens despite the same neutral country being used Sudan are 11/10 for the midweek game with VC Bet right now.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno what to say about Sudan now that they lost!!! :unsure If it's any consolation, I've lost my whole bank with Bet365 on that game! :cry It may take me sometime to collect my thoughts and regain self-confidence. I would have expected England to draw to Andorra, or Germany to Liechtenstein, but not Sudan to even draw to Chad, let alone lose to them! :( I owe each and everyone of you a BIG apology... :$
I am with the others no need to apologize here we all know what betting on sports is about s%it hapens and so ,watching them on africa cup they looked like the team able to miss a lot of chances leaving the back unprotetcted probably the goals took them off guard and then urge to come back was not improving things only speculating maybe someone can comment if they watched game ....probably Sudan learnt lesson so this 2.1 are a good way to recover tough chasing loses not usually good idea :/. CHEERS.

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 ) The group is meassed up already. If Sudan wins this game they're in with a chance to qualify still, provided they win over Congo (NOT DR Congo) in Umdurman in the last round. If they do win both games they will reach 6 pts (after Chad results are cancelled for being rock bottom) and 6 points are probably enough in the best runners-up race. However, failing to win either games and they bust. Chad, on the other hand, may still win this game an -theoritically- become canidates for qualification. They would still need for Sudan to win over Congo, or -worse- need to win their own game in Mali (now THAT would make me eat my shoes!) TBH, I'm not going to bet on Sudan myself. The shock of the 1st game result makes me too wary of backing them, eventhough I did see them destroy us (Egypt) by 4-0 a fortnight ago, so I know they're fully capable of winning still. The overall performance of teh national team though maybe affected by domestic problems betweem Hilal, Marreikh an the FA. The two arch-rivals are the main (an probably only) source of players in the national team. At the start of the season, the FA decided to limit the number of foreigners in each team to 3 (even if they were granted citizenship recently). Hilal in't like it and din't show up for their 1st league game. The problem was solved and Hilal won 9 consecutive games before Marreikh beat them in the 10th. The FA decided the 1st game was a 0-2 defeat for Hilal, and again teh latter rejected the decision an decided to pull out of the league altogether. The FA suspended them form domestic and continental football for a year, before another committee from withing the FA decided the match shoul be rescheduled. THAT decision -obviously- contradicted with Marreikh's best interests, and now THEY -Marreikh- are threatening to pull out of the league! The problem is, both teams were doing pretty well on the continental scene (Hilal in the CAF CL an Marreikh in the CAF Confederations Cup), before, during, and after the whole saga, so I'm just speculating myself that either set of players would lose intentionally to embarrass the FA (!!). Oh, what the heck. I'm not touching this game with a barge pole.

Anyone know much about iceland? they are 1/2 +1 goal to beat scotland. Bookies have put scotland favourites but i always thought iceland are a good team and easily capable of getting at least a draw at home! Opinions please! thanks
Scotland will visit Iceland after the starting defeat in Macedonia, which have already raised some questions about the future of George Burley as national team coach. The visitors will have to win this game to get back into contention for the top two places in the group. Iceland managed a very good result in Norway, as the game ended at 2:2, and they will try to make another surprise and win the game. Iceland looks for another surprise Iceland has a great chance to exploit the bad state the visitors are in and defeat the Scots after four consecutive defeats from the same opponent. The team is very confident after taking a point from Norway, and they will look to build on that success when they meet Scotland. Iceland managed to take a point from Norway despite the hosts twice took the lead. But Helguson and Gudjohnsen both scored to deny the hosts victory. Barcelona forward scored a beautiful goal from the free-kick on 69 minutes, and ensured a good result for his side. Several players are playing in the Premier League, and they are familiar with the Scotland’s style of play. Portsmouth defender Herman Hreidarsson is one of the key players in defense, while Bolton right back Gretar Steinsson loves to get forward and he can create some problems for the opponents. Burley is already under fire The defeat in Macedonia has created a bad atmosphere around the national team, and the critics are already asking for Burley to be sacked. This is certainly exaggerated considering it was his first competitive game in charge. There are some reports that Burley has not been able to create a good atmosphere in the dressing room, and recent retirement of Lee McCulloch from international football may be the sign of this bad atmosphere. However, Darren Fletcher and Gary Caldwell have voiced support for their coach and they remain adamant that everything is in good order. The team had a very difficult game in Macedonia, as it was played in searing heat in the middle of the afternoon. Scotland conceded an early goal, and they were unable to equalize despite a lot of effort. Burley will be happy to see Miller and Alexander back after injuries, while James Morison is definitely out, and Steven Fletcher was called as a replacement. Betting verdict Iceland will be encouraged by the good result from Norway, and the players will be very motivated to create another surprise. Scotland is in a bad position after the starting defeat and will have to win this game to get back on the right track. The match will be played in completely different conditions than the game in Macedonia, and that can be a problem for the visitors, which is why we will opt for draw in this match. Our tip: Bet 5 on Draw Odds 3.3 at Bookmaker: Ladbrokes Source www.freebetting.net

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 ) Peru - Argentina (-1) AW 1.80 5/10 Time for Argentina to get a win after 4 matches without one in qualifiers (1 lose, 3 draws). Aguero will replace Tevez, Gago will repleace Mascherano, Carrizo for Abondanzieri, and probably Battaglia or Jonas Gutierriez for Di Maria and Diaz for Heinze. In my opinion, all upgrades from the last game. Peru is no way as good defensively as Paraguay so i don't know how they will hold an attack of Messi and Aguero. Peru is missing their more experienced players (Farfan, Guerrero, Pizarro) suspended because of disciplinary reasons, and their leader and Captain Solano got injured on Saturday and is still a doubt for tomorrow.

Football (Internationals)
EventFaroe Islands - Romania
SelectionRomania(-3.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date10/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 3.55 (Back)
ReasoningI like the changes being made in the team. 1. Tamas is a weak link in the defence, he didn't played with Auxerre, also made 2 poor matches for Dinamo and after another poor performance with Lithuania he got injury, and thank god he will not fature. The couple Radoi-Goian is much more better in the defece. 2. Nesu instead of Radu Stefan - I believe Radu Stefan would have been more useful for the offense, but the former Steaua defender, Nesu is a hard worker and will give his best. 3. Contra for Sapunaru - Contra is better as an right defender than a right midfielder, he has more experience, and generally a better view of the game. Good choice. 4. Codrea and Lazar as central midfielders instead of Radoi and Cocis. A big plus, Codrea and Lazar are clearly better on this position, they have more attacking possibilities than the ones used with Lithuania, adn also are good recovering balls. 5. Cocis instead of Codrea as right midfielder - Cocis is an adaptable player, he is more of a forward and definetly the center midfielder role wasn't in his favour. He should do fine on the right flank. 6. Costea instead of Daniel Niculae as an attacking left midfielder. Excellent choice, unlike Niculae who's only skill is to score, Costea has the ability to drible, excellent technique, and also a more powerfull player than Niculae. Another mistake made by Piturca with Lithuania. 7. Marius Niculae instead of Marica - this change was made because of an injury, but nevertheless, Niculae is a better player than Marica for the kind of game Faroe plays. He is a typical powerfull striker, can create chances to score, has a powerfull shot and good at headers, altough he isn't as technical and fast as Marica he isn't clueless in technique and is an old member of the Romanian team. 8.Aliuta instead of Dica - the former Steaua player is in poor form, he doesn't have the capability to produce pacey attacks and his good passes were totally absent from the game with Lithuania. Altough Aliuta might not have the best of games, this change was necessary and this is another fully motivated player to show his best against a poor opponent. Finally the choices which should have been made with Lithuania were made now. This is a good line-up for Romania. Faroe Islands achieved a 2-0 loss with Serbia. They defended in numbers and only had a handfull of long shots which posed no danger. Serbia has problems in construction, but still managed to create 4 good chances to score in the first half, and scored a lucky goal. In the second half the shots continued to pour at the same area and after 6 good chances to score Zigic scored the second goal. Like I said Serbia isn't quite a great team right now. The same approach will be used by Faroe here. Romania's defence is decent, the new players will have a much better morale than the ones which lost with Lithuania and also had a disastruous tournament at euro. Niculae in offense will be the key to breaking the Faroe defence, and Costea will play his part as well while Aliuta could take the playmaker part. Pressure will pile up at Faroes area. Because of the absences and the poor form showed by Romania, the handicap is set at +2.5 and I am more than happy to take Romania at these odds. Pick: Romania (-3.5)

Date

Match

Pick

Odds

Moldova-Israel

-

-

-

-

Date

Match

Pick

Odds

Macedonia-Netherlands

-

-

-

-

Date

Match

Pick

Odds

Sweden-Hungary

Date

Match

Pick

Odds

Latvia-Greece

under 2.5

Good luck !

Date

Match

Pick

Odds

Moldova-Israel

-

-

-

-

Date

Match

Pick