** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Folkestone 31/8

SportHorse Racing
EventFolkestone 15:10
SelectionOverwing (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date31/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 6.00 (Back)
ReasoningOverwing looks like a bet to nothing here with 3 to be placed, He is a C&D winner and is consistent in this class. Ran well last time out at Nottingham in a class 4 stepping back down to a class 5 today. Last win came on this ground.

Re: Folkestone 31/8

SportHorse Racing
EventFolkestone 17:10
SelectionFountains Abbey
Strength10/10
Date31/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 4.50 (Back)
ReasoningFountains Abbey has had four races in her career so far, Firs time out she finished 7th behind the winner Aqlaam who has since gone on to win a class 1 at Ascot. Alot of the horses that finished ahead of her that day has gone onto either win or place in good races. She won at Windsor two runs ago but was beaten favourite last time out only managing third. I think she can still improve alot and should be capable of winning a race like this. Win.

Re: Folkestone 31/8 2.10 Frank Street 7/4 var bog 15 pts Has two runs so far and seemed to progress nicely from the first run to the second an any further improvement should make it pretty tough to beat. second run in particular was pretty good, pushed a nice beckett horse very close that day before just going down and seemed to suggest that was cpable of winning a maiden. Moved back to 5f which I dont see as a huge problem especially given his relation to the stables useful Judd Street whos also a sprinter.

Re: Folkestone 31/8 5.10 Folkstone (Class 3) The market is currently headed by Free Offer and Luck Will Come (well there were when I originally wrote this in the early hours). John Dunlop's Free Offer won this race last year but the yard are not in great form - just one winner (at 4/11) from 21 runners over the past fortnight and just 3 from 60 this month. Luck Will Come took advantage of a canny ride by Catlin off a slow pace at Lingfield LTO, was probably flattered and underpriced as a result. I think the market has it wrong at the moment and I'm surprised Fountains Abbey and Candy Mountain aren't more prominent in the betting. Fountains Abbey was 7th on debut in the decent Newbury maiden won by Aqlaam. Showed a similar level of form NTO when 3rd in a Goodwood maiden that also worked out well. Lost her maiden tag on her 3rd start (won easy at 8/11 beating little) and was fancied on her handicap debut off 80. She was 3rd to Born Tobouggie then and although the form has taken some slight knocks since I think it will turn out a decent little race. The first five home then are decent horses in the grade. She is a pound lower here and I think she will find a handicap soon. The main worry is the ground, this is the fastest she has encountered. Her debut performance suggests she doesn't need it soft so I'm hopeful she'll act. Yard does well here (40% S/R). Nothing to suggest she won't stay this new trip. I thought Candy Mountain was in for a decent year but she has been inconsistent so far. Showed signs of revival LTO and I'm prepared to give her another chance here. She has enough form to suggest a mark of 79 isn't beyond her. Yard does well here also (39% older horses, 50% (1/2) with 4yos+). Has her ideal conditions too, 10f on fast ground, her formlines when running over/on such reads 212 (ignoring racecourse debut). Fantasy Princess hasn't come to hand yet this season but looks well handicapped on her 2yo win. Not sure this trip will suit though. Fountains Abbey 50% of stake 4.7 betfair Candy Mountain 50% of stake 9.2 betfair

Re: Folkestone 31/8 4.40 Perception went in to many notebooks after an ebcouraging debut at Lingfield. She was slowly away from an average draw but past most of the field to finish 4th without threatening the leaders. Charlton's horses usually come on for the run so she is rightly a short price here. The form has worked out well, the 2nd won it's maiden before finishing 3/16 in a nursery off 84, the 3rd won NTO before narrowly going down in a Listed race (2nd), the 5th (3.5l behind Perception) has won two nurseries since. Something would need to improve greatly on what they've shown to beat her here. Perception 100% of stake 2.06 betfair

Re: Folkestone 31/8 2.40 Ten Down EW @ 11/1 I dont think this is a brilliant race and I have to side with the horse dropping down in class. Ten Down was solid at this level before he stepped up into better races, where he struggles. He has excellent form at Class level though, and this drop to Class 5 should be right up his street an he should have the speed to take this race. As I say, I dont think it will take a huge amount if winning and Ten Down seem more than capable as his form is above this level and he looks one of the best in the field. At 11/1, he is more than worth the risk EW I Feel. 3.40 Singleb WIN @ 9/4 This is a poor race, but Singleb does look a if the level of his form is slightly bove the rest. he did manage to get his head in front last time in what was a better selling race than today. After that win, he is able to drop in class but not be punished in the weights. He was a convincing winner last time and now dropping down in clas he should be able to follow up. I rate the trainer, George Baker, very highly and I am backing Singleb to overcome his bad draw and take this well. :hope:ok

Re: Folkestone 31/8

3.40 Singleb WIN @ 9/4 This is a poor race, but Singleb does look a if the level of his form is slightly bove the rest. he did manage to get his head in front last time in what was a better selling race than today. After that win, he is able to drop in class but not be punished in the weights. He was a convincing winner last time and now dropping down in clas he should be able to follow up. I rate the trainer, George Baker, very highly and I am backing Singleb to overcome his bad draw and take this well. :hope:ok
1st. :clap