US Open 25th August - 8th September

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September 3-5 yesterday but a good day hitting some nice prices. KARANUSIC @ 3.45 Betfair. This looks like a cracking price to me – Nishikori is way over rated. Nishikori beat Monaco quite comfortably but was cramping near the end and as always seems the case his physically condition has to be questioned. Karanusic did the job for me quite well against Sweeting and has a good chance here. Wouldn’t make this anything over 3.00.

KOHLSCHREIBER @ 1.52 Betfair. This looks a reasonable fav. Kohlschreiber I thought was slumping a bit but had a decent run in Cincinatti. He took care of Horna very comfortably in the first round and should be a good thing here. Troicki did well in Washington but then had to retire in New Haven. He beat Carsen Bell (who?) in the first round here but still not entirely sure of his condition. Over a longer match I’d have to favour Kohlschreiber and this price looks reasonable.

ODESNIK +8 games @ 1.87 Pinnacle. Odesnik came through in 5 sets in the first round against Fognini and showed just how good a fighter he is. I don’t expect him to win this, but he can at least keep it close and with this sort of handicap doesn’t even need to take a set. Wawrinka came through against Bolelli 7-6 6-3 6-3 and a similar scoreline here would be much obliged.

KANEPI @ 3.00 Will Hill. This looks a decent price. They met in the first round of New Haven last week when Mauresmo came through in 3 sets. Kanepi is a big talent and a really big hitter and should give Mauresmo problems again here. I know Mauresmo is getting more results lately, however it’s still tough to be convinced by her play most of the time and she still looks ripe for an upset.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September nice bets intensity especialy kanepi:D i will add some matches QUEREY-DEVILDER 1 i dont see here any chances for clay player devilder he has luck to play first match with another clay player andujar while querey destroyed berdych in 3 sets also querey is from USA:P MATHIEU-FISH -1 this will be hard match but i thnik mathieu is better player fish is very unpredictable he always started with good results but later he is very porr:D KARLOVIC-SERRA -1 karlovic tipycal hard player with very strong serve sera win with old shuetler but here i dont see chances for him also i see easy wins for groenefeld and melzer GL

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Rubbish yesterday, being on the wrong side of 2 retirements sucks:wall:wall

Tursunov v Hanescu OVER 38.5 games @ 1.92 Pinnacle. Quite like the over in this one. Tursunov struggled for 4 sets against Schwank and I fancy something similar here. Hanescu can serve well and I think he can keep the sets close, Tursunov should come through in 4 close sets.

MINAR @ 2.62 Stan James. Everyone knows Minar is a player I like, and has a good chance here. He was playing well against Kiefer before the German retired and is coming off a solid week in New Haven. Nieminen has struggled a lot this year, and lost 3 first rounds coming into here. He beat Scoville Jenkins in the first round, but that isn’t much to go on. He can sometimes be too passive and Minar is the type to really step in and take control. Good chance of an upset.

MULLER +8 @ 1.92 Pinnacle. This looks like a big number for Tommy to cover. He came through an epic in the first round against Gasquet and could have a little let down here. He has the talent to win this comfortably but I never feel he’s going to be on it the whole match. Muller is extremely talented, but has never really fulfilled that potential (but you should remember him bitch-slapping Roddick here in the first round in 2005). He’s a big serving lefty and should at least be able to cover this cap.

ROBREDO @ 1.86 Betfair. Got to be Tommy for me here. He found his form doing the clay court season and has carried that into the summer fairly well. It’s taken good players to beat him and I think he’s coming in here pretty strong. He crushed big serving Zverev in the first round and despite a dislike for big servers he’s usually OK against Safin. Safin went 5 against Spadea in the first round and really lost his head over a foot fault call against him. Since his surprise run at Wimbledon he’s been poor and I think Tommy is a good favourite here.

TSONGA @ 1.91 Betfair. This looks reasonable on Tsonga. He struggled early on against Ventura and his movement didn’t look too sharp, but he got better as the match went on and should improve on that performance today. Moya struggled past Quereshi and I don’t fancy him for this. He’s shown rare glimpses of form this year but in general he’s been poor. Tsonga has the tools from the back to really attack the Moya backhand and as a matchup the Spaniard should struggle.

GUCCIONE +6.5 games @ 1.85 Boylesports. Getting the 6.5 here makes this playable I think. Guccione played pretty well I thought against Levine, and has the serve to keep this close. I’m still not convinced by Stepanek, despite his seemingly easy win in Round 1. Could be a big upset here, but I’m going to play it safe.

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September CALLERI +7.5 games @ 2.11 Pinnacle. Just saw this one at 7.5 and getting odds against is appealing. Davydenko covered the handicap in the first round against Sela, but I’m willing to go against him again. Calleri has a very big game and can really turn it on at times, as shown by beating Hewitt here last year. H2H is 4-0 to Davydenko all in straight sets which is a bit of a concern, but I don’t think he’s near that level and with this sort of cap even a comfortable 6-4 6-4 6-3 would do.

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September ZHENG @ 3.2 Betfair. Jankovic looks quite opposable today. She had a real struggle against Arvidsson and has admitted to feeling the effects of a long season. I don't think she's played well since the French, and this could be another disappointment. Zheng has the game to really run her around and looks to be playing well this week, having a couple of comfortable victories. SREBOTNIK @ 4.5 Ladbrokes. Here is another big name who I don't think has played well since the French. I've watched Kuzzy quite a bit since then, and she hasn't impressed me at all. Her serve isn't as consistant as it normally is, she's making too many errors and the footwork isn't good. I've watched her twice this week and thought the same despite the scorelines. Srebotnik hasn't been great this season either, but she has a good game and I think she can step up for this type of match.

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September CILIC-GINEPRI -2 i think ginepri can win this match he is home and he has easy win against delic while cilic was playing bad with benetau cilic is better player than ginepri but i thnik today is ginepri time:D ginepri win or maybe over 42 games JANKOVIC-ZHENG JIE hm... everyone bet on zheng today:D i will also bet on zheng but u never now what will hapens with top 10 players like jankovic he has bad match with arvidsson while zheng destroyed medina she is very fast player i hope that today will win win jankovic but maybe better is over 22 games for this match WOZNIACKI-AZARENKA here i see win for wozniacki with odd around 1.65-1.7 both have easy wins but wozniacki i thnik is better maybe next No1 in WTA:P also i thnik easy win for NA LI with MAKAROVA

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRadwanska - Cibulkova
SelectionCibulkova
Strength10/10
Date30/08/2008
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning50/50 match imho.I would even say that Cibulkova should be favourite in this one.They played not so long ago against each other and then Radwanska won after tough 3 setter.But this time it should be different story.Radwanska is tired with this season and it seems that she is not fully fit.I watched her against Duque and she was just good enough to won against poor Duque.Nothing special.Against Cibulkova she will have much tougher task to deal with.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventAzarenka - Wozniacki
SelectionAzarenka
Strength10/10
Date29/08/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.56 (Back)
ReasoningBoth players in good form.Both are big talents.But I just can't understand these odds.Sure Wozniacki won two tournaments lately but come on!!!This is pure 50/50 match imho.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSchnyder - Rybarikova set hc
SelectionRybarikova +1.5 set (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date29/08/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningSchnyder is in just an average form during whole this season and I don't believe that anything changed.In the first round she losed a set against Pivovarova and today she might lose at least a set one more time.She was never great at US Open and I don't believe that this year will be different.Rybarikova is young prospect for the future and she surelly has the game needed to win this match.She won easilly both her previous matches against Dulko and Paszek.Today she should give tough fight to Schnyder.

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September I betted on Nieminen because this player has very good forehend and he is solid player without weak sides. Minar in factly eliminated Kiefer but Kiefer is 31 years old player so he will in a few grands slams tournament end him carier. Also I think that Robredo Will win and also i take on him....He won 3 times against safin on 3 games on hard court so in my opinion he will win espesialy that Marat in the first round had tough 5 sets match for compare Robredo played only 3 sets. and I added Tsonga because he is always very good on the hard court and moya now is as kiefer very old player ...he will not and he can't play on good level match which could be over 3 hours ;)good luck

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Cracking 6-3 yesterday including hitting big dog Srebotnik, and all of the losers had good chances so happy with the day. KARLOVIC @ 1.74 Betfair. I don’t like taking Karlovic in slams because his record is generally poor, however, this looks like a reasonable price. He’s been serving great so far and has cruised through a couple of rounds. Querrey got a big win over Berdych but then struggled against Devilder and was struggling physically towards the end. This sort of match up should suit Karlovic, he shouldn’t have any problems on serve and should be able to rally with Querrey when someone gets a serve back!

GROENEFELD @ 2.47 Pinnacle. This looks like a reasonable price. Groenefeld is back in form, doing well in ITF tournaments before coming here, coming through qualifying and getting a couple of comfortable. Most importantly, she looks slim again and can be devastating when playing well. Cornet has been OK so far, but gave Mattek a few chances that the American should have taken. I think she’s a little over rated on hard courts at the moment, although she does have a lot of potential. Might have a couple more but waiting for Pinnacle to put up the handicaps/totals:unsure

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Like some overs:lol Nalbandian v Monfils OVER 39.5 games @ 1.95 Pinnacle. Expect this one to be really close. Monfils got a comfortable win over Nalbandian at the Olympics but Davis was just coming back from injury. Nalbandian has been surprisingly impressive beating a couple of chumps so far (we all know he likes to go 5 with these) and should put up a good fight to Monfils. Monfils also has looked impressive, and this looks set to be a very tight match. This one should at least go 4 sets and I think it’s quite likely to go 5.

Ferrer v Nishikori OVER 37.5 games @ 1.92 Pinnacle. Nishikori benefited from a retirement in the last round but he was playing pretty well. Ferrer has been OK so far but has been taken to 4 sets in both matches. I think this will be close, Nishikori definitely has the talent and game to push Ferrer really hard here.

Del Potro v Simon OVER 39.5 games @ 1.92 Pinnacle. Del Potro has continued his fine run in the first 2 rounds here but he hasn’t been particularly impressive. I can’t see him taking out Simon easily and this should be a close match. Simon is another form player of the summer and looked very good taking out Acasuso in the last round. This is just another match I see being close and long.

Murray v Melzer OVER 34 games @ 1.92 Pinnacle. I think Melzer can push Murray here. He’s a very talented lefty and at times he can look awesome. He struggles mentally and because of that I fully expect Murray to come through however he could get a scare similar to the one Llodra produced. These two met earlier in the year on hard courts with Murray coming through in 3 pretty tough sets and I fancy 4 sets here.

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Goign to have a dabble in tonights games. :hope

Event D Ferrer v K Nishikori
Selection Nishikori (+6 Games)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning I think this will be a closer match than many think. Nishikori has been playing really well recently, and Ferrer, well, hasnt. I expect Ferrer will be able to up his game, but I think Nishikori will nick at least a set, making this bet look decent value. Nishikori will be fresh after benefiting from a retirement in his last match and he should really push Ferrer close, if not sneaking the win.
Event J Blake v M Fish
Selection M Fish (H-cap) (+5 Games)
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning I think this will be another tough game as I think Fish is more than cpable of pushing heavy favourite James Blake close. On seedings, Blake should win and he probably will, but as with the Ferrer game, I expect Fish to get at least a set. his serving has been excellent so far in this US Open, and both their previous meetings have been tight affairs, and they have both won 1. At the odds, I would rather back Fish with a 5 game start, and hope he can nick at least 1 set.
Event T Bacszinsky v D Safina
Selection Total Games - Under 19.5
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Neither of these players have had much of a challenge in this tournament so far, but Safina is far the better and I expect a 6-3, 6-4 scoreline, which would mean this bet would be up. Safina has been a revelation this year and has reached final after final, and she battles all the way. She is the kind of player that wont underestimate her opponent and I expect her to go out there, aiming to win as quickly as possible, so it wouldnt surprise me if the match contained few games.
:hope:ok

Event C Wozniacki v J Jankovic
Selection C Wozniacki
Strength 10/10
Date 31/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price Blue Square @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning This has the makings of one of the closest matches so far in th Woman's draw, and its a case of the old guard against the new guard. jelena Jankovic, the experienced player and Wozniacki, the up and coming youngster. I am siding with the youngster today as Jankovic has really not impressed me so far this tournament. She keeps making things difficult for herself, and Wozniacki should be able to capitalise where other players have been unable. Wozniacki herself has had an easy enough route to this stage of te competition, disposing of her opponents in 2 sets every time, only dropping 14 games, something thatis impressive for a player of her age. Their 1 meeting came at Wimbledon when Jankovic battled past Wozniacki in 3 sets. I expect a similarly close game,but I think Wozniacki will come out on top. :hope:ok

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Putting this one up now as the price will be gone in the morning: STEPANEK @ 8.00 Stan James. The days of Federer being this short against a quality player on hard courts really should be over. He just always seems vulnerable on hard, and has a fairly average record on the surface this year. Even in the second round here against Alves there were a couple of little moments where he struggled, and he can’t afford that against Stepanek. I’ve opposed him twice but Stepanek looks to be playing well and you know he’ll absolutely love it on the big court against Federer. He beat Federer earlier in the year on clay and I don’t think he should be anything over 5.00 here.

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Another early one that needs to be taken: WOZNIACKI @ 2.25 Coral. Taking this one early too as prices seem to be getting cut. Wozniacki is in great form coming in picking up a couple of titles in the past month. She’s really rising quickly through the ranks and this looks set to be the match where she really shows that she belongs at the top of the game. These two met at Wimbledon and Jankovic came through in 3 sets where Wozniacki faded, and you’ve got to hope she’ll learned from that. Jankovic I opposed in the last round, she came through but was far from impressive. This looks set to be an even tougher task and I don’t think she’ll come through it.

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September also I think that Wozniacki will win because Jankovic really hasn't played well till these match. Jankovic in game against Zheng was pretty close to lose.Now she doesn't show the best skills. Wozniacki should win :) Overall I think that Dementieva should win against Na Li and Djoko will win 3;0 against cilic;)

Goign to have a dabble in tonights games. :hope
Event D Ferrer v K Nishikori
Selection Nishikori (+6 Games) :clap:clap:clap Nishikori wins
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning I think this will be a closer match than many think. Nishikori has been playing really well recently, and Ferrer, well, hasnt. I expect Ferrer will be able to up his game, but I think Nishikori will nick at least a set, making this bet look decent value. Nishikori will be fresh after benefiting from a retirement in his last match and he should really push Ferrer close, if not sneaking the win.
Event J Blake v M Fish
Selection M Fish (H-cap) (+5 Games) :clap:clap:clap Fish wins
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning I think this will be another tough game as I think Fish is more than cpable of pushing heavy favourite James Blake close. On seedings, Blake should win and he probably will, but as with the Ferrer game, I expect Fish to get at least a set. his serving has been excellent so far in this US Open, and both their previous meetings have been tight affairs, and they have both won 1. At the odds, I would rather back Fish with a 5 game start, and hope he can nick at least 1 set.
Event T Bacszinsky v D Safina
Selection Total Games - Under 19.5 :wall A long way off
Strength 10/10
Date 30/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Neither of these players have had much of a challenge in this tournament so far, but Safina is far the better and I expect a 6-3, 6-4 scoreline, which would mean this bet would be up. Safina has been a revelation this year and has reached final after final, and she battles all the way. She is the kind of player that wont underestimate her opponent and I expect her to go out there, aiming to win as quickly as possible, so it wouldnt surprise me if the match contained few games.
2/3 last night so happy enough with that. The Safina game completely evaded me but the 2 I backed on the handciap actually won. :ok

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Nice 4-2 yesterday. Already got the 2 pieces of action I put up last night and adding these.... DAVYDENKO -5.5 games @ 1.87 Pinnacle. I’ve gone against Davydenko twice in this tournament on the handicap, but now that he’s come through a couple of matches I quite fancy him here. He’s seems like the ‘backs against the wall’ type of character and now it wouldn’t surprise me if he went on a run. This sort of matchup looks perfect for his game and he should be able to take Tursunov apart. H2H is 4-0 with only 1 set dropped backs this up. Tursunov has done OK this summer and has come through in a couple of 4 set matches, but I think he’ll be overwhelmed by Davy’s consistency here.

TSONGA @ 1.7 Sportingbet. Tommy came through for me against mental Marat but I’m going against him here. He doesn’t like facing the big servers and Tsongas serve and powerful aggressive groudies make me like this match up for him. He’s now come through 2 matches and looked OK against Moya. He’s a big time player and on the big stage expect him to step and take this one.

Verdasco v Andreev OVER 41.5 games @ 1.92 Pinnacle. Very obvious over here. H2H is 3-0 to Verdasco but they have all been extremely close – 5 sets in the US Open 2004 and since then a couple of final set tie breaks for the Spaniard. Just can’t see anything different happening here. Verdasco had a bit tussle with Rui Machado in the last round which was a strange match as I didn’t think he was playing that badly the first 4 sets which were tight. He should have recovered from that and I think he’ll have to go 5 again!

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Roddick v Seppi UNDER 37 @ 2.00 Pinnacle. Quite a variation in the number here, ranging from Skybet and Ladbrokes going 34.5 to Will Hill going 39.5 but pretty short on the under. I like getting even money on the 37 here. Roddick played a smart match against Gulbis and after crushing Santoro I think he's found some form after a poor summer. I think in this match up he'll be able to be aggressive and he always looks better playing like that. Seppi has done OK so far, and can play well against big servers, but I think Roddick will get this one done fairly quickly.

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Wozniacki was excellent first set but just collapsed. hoping to recover with Gonzales here:

Event J Niemenen v F Gonzalez
Selection F Gonzalez (-4.5 Games) (Hcap)
Strength 10/10
Date 31/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning I thought Niemenen would do well in this tournament, and he has but I think this is now the end of the road. Gonzalez has been solid so far this US Open, and has a strong 4-1 lead on the H2H's, his only defeat coming on the indoor courts. Tonight, I really expect Gonzalez to outclass Niemenen and probably win in 3, making the -4.5 game handicap very attractive. I expect maybe 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 and a 6 game victory. If he loses a set, the handicap is so good that he may still have a chance. At the price and with that handicap, I would have Gonzalez here.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventDementieva - Na Li
SelectionDementieva
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 1.44 (Back)
ReasoningDementieva seems to be good choice in this one.She is in great form.Full of confidence after winning Olympics and she is playing Na Li who played three 3 setters here at US Open.Na Li seems to be a bit unstable.She can be playing great tennis at one moment and few minutes later she may be pure crap.I'm with more stable Elena here.GL

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September my tips today are: Sam Querrey + plus 7.5 handicap he as serve very well at us open and i think nadel might have go to aleast 1 tie break to beat him price 5/6 A Murray and M del Potro double i think the both should get 2 the next round and play each other del potro did look tired in his last round but as had time to recover and murry should be to good for S Wawrinka nevar now wot you going get with wawrinka but wot ever wawrinka turns up should lose

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Tough day yesterday. MONFILS @ 1.69 Betfair. I’ve watched most of Monfils in the tournament, and I’ve been quite impressed. With him the big problem always seems to be the balance between attacking and defending, and at the moment I think he’s getting it right. This should be a good match up for him, his returning skills should get him into a lot of Fish’s service games, and his defence should force Fish into a lot of errors. As always, Fish is going to have to serve extremely well to stay in it. He got a very good win over Blake, but that match was a bit strange because of the closeness of the players, and I wouldn’t read too much into it with regard to form.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventUS Open winner
SelectionDementieva
Strength10/10
Date06/09/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 5.00 (Back)
ReasoningElena is in great form and she is surely capable of beating every single player who is still in this competition.It's time for Dementieva to win her first Grand Slam title.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWilliams - Radwanska games hc
SelectionRadwanska +5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningI couldn't believe when I saw result of Radwanska match against Cibulkova.That was just too easy.Imo this bet looks good enough to bet on it.I even think that Radwanska is capable of taking at least one set in this matchup.And if she will not do it.I still believe that it will be a tight match.Worth a shot imo.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGroenefeld - Safina
SelectionGroenefeld
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.74 (Back)
ReasoningI feel an upset here ;p These odds are just too good to be missed.Groenefeld is coming back to the tour in great style and she can cause a lot of torubles to safina today.H2H is 2:1 for Safina so far with two matches being three setters.All in all Greoenefeld has more chances to win this one than the odds are suggesting.

Re: US Open 25th August - 7th September Awful from Monfils yesterday:sad RODDICK @ 1.57 totesport. I've been quite impressed with Roddick so far, and this price looks OK. He's served well and had pretty good strategy in all of his matches so far and I don't see him messing this one up. Gonzalez has played OK so far, but he's going o have to step up for this one, and I'd make Roddick around 1.44. Djokovic v Robredo UNDER 38.5 @ 1.61 Will Hill. Might look a little short for an over/under, but this number is out of line and I really like it as could get away with 4 sets. Anyway, I don't think this will take 4 and Djokovic should be able to wrap it up in 3. Robredo has done very well in his last 2 matches against Safin and Tsonga, but I have to feel he benefitted from some poor performances from his opponents. He doesn't have a big weapon that can hurt Djokovic, and the Serb should be able to get through him enough to make this comfortable. Djokovic has looked OK, but not great so far, and after a tough match against Cilic I expect him to step up and take this comfortably.