Massey NH and Flat Selections Combined

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Friday Lazy But Lively lost :( Didn't lose as much as some tool though, who layed the winner at 130.00 during the race, and got it matched, just for the sake of £4, the poor bastard has been probably cleaned out. Must of layed after it made a mistake, but came back to win. On to the second one of the day then............

++++++++Update++++++++ This will from now on, be National Hunt & Flat racing, I will post up the criteria for all to see, as there is no real secret about what i am doing, i know absolutely nothing about racing, just using numbers that Adrian Massey kindly provides for all to see. National Hunt Selection Horse must be Top clear Rated by 40 points. No Longer any runs on a Sunday. No National Hunt Flat Races. Still No 'Going' Hard Races, or going 'Firm' No Carlisle or Doncaster. No Horses Below EVENS. At least run twice in last 12 months. Rating at least 650+. No bet if Horse fell in last race No bet in August, September or October At least 1 star rating. No Novice Handicap Chase Races Flat Racing Criteria No Amateur Races No races of 2miles + No races in November or Decmember At least 2 runs in last 12 months At least evens or above No bet if race is 4 Furlongs + Shorter than last race At least 1 star rating Rated at least 560+ 20 + Top Rated. I would doubt if this criteria will change much again, as i've spent quite alot of time getting things now as good as possible. I hope this will benefit me, and anyone else who is interested in what i am doing here, and maybe to make a few quid along the way. I've also decided, that 5% of any profit made (if there is any) i will donate to Adiran Massey's charities listed on his site, as a small token of thanks to him for providing such an excellent service.

Monday INCHING CLOSER 3.10 Wheterby f/c 13/8 DALUS PARK 3.45 Whetherby f/c 9/4 (Got 4.00 matched already on betfair) CAROUBIER 2.20 Wolves f/c 9/4 (Got 4.00 matched already) MOLLY'S SECRET 4.35 Wolves f/c 10/1 (Got 12.00 matched already) Just added the betfair odds, just to show how much more value there is in this, let alone at the SP's.

Guest Oddsfellow

Re: Monday Pompey There is a frost forecast for Wetherby overnight and they inspect in the morning chances of racing are only 50/50. If the big freeze that is anticipated materialises it will probably wipe out the weeks NH action.

Monday Results What a sorry bunch of potential kebab meat today :eek All 4 lost, most suprised at Coroubier, who i knew wouls start under about 2/1 (ended up 7/4), and i had it at 3/1 from betfair. Anyway, they all lost :( :eek That hasn't happened with 4 picks in a while. Always tommorow, Updated Bank 33.65pts Profit 13.65pts Bets 148 W57/ L91

Tuesday Round up Sadly, more losers today, things look like they are getting hard again. But i'll keep going, i worked hard to get things how they are, so i will stick by both systems whatever:) Updated Bank 31.65pts Profit 11.65pts Bets 150 W57/ L93 Tommorow's selections are going to be all weather, no matter what the outcome of inspection at Huntington is. I will look into AW abit later, and see how it's been doing in 2003/2004 under the Flat race selection criteria i have layed out.

Friday Well it's AW races again on friday, which are performing rather poorly to say the least. We'll carry on with them though, flat races should settle down soon hopefully. SAVILE'S DELIGHT 1.20 Wolves f/c 11/2 MYND 1.50 Wolves f/c 2/1 Both look like strong horses, finally going to break the AW duck?;)

Tuesday Well, what to say, except another three losers :rolleyes Not going well to say the least, I am going to analyse some numbers for abit this afternoon to see what is going wrong regarding the AW races. Maybe I pissed it up when drawing up the selection criteria :sad It might just be a need to stick with it for a while. Updated Bank 26.53pts Profit 6.53pts Bets 161 W59/ L102 Still a very nice profit from backing on betfair, but i think i will review anyway, can't do any harm.

Re: My Last selection Criteria Attempt National Hunt Racing No Races In August, September, October No Races on a Sunday No Novice Handicap Chase, NH Flat, Amateur, Selling Chase Races No Going Hard or Firm Races No Races at Carlisle and Doncaster 70% or Runners ran in last 90 days Starting Price of EVENS or ABOVE No bet if Fell in last race At least 2 Runs in the last 12 Months At least a One(*) Star Rating By Massey At least Rated 650+ by Massey Rated 40+ Clear of second rated Horse. Flat Selection Criteria No races in November or December No Races on a Sunday No Races of 2 miles + Must be at least EVENS or ABOVE No Bet if 4 Furlongs + Shorter than last outing 70% of runners ran in last 90 days Selection must also have at least 1 run in last 90 days At least One(*) Star Rating by Massey At least Rating of 560 + At least 20 + Rated clear of second top rated horse Only a couple of things i added that i have missed out before :o A few glaring ones, but this is my best shot at it. I really don't think i can come up with anything better than this to be honest. I only know the basics of horse racing, so anything more complex would be a struggle to be honest. If it dosn't work, it dosn't work, not really much i can do about it, except keep going on, and trying to make some sort of a profit if possible. If anyone can suggest anything else that i should consider, please let me know, especially some of the new boys brought in who i know are racing experts ;) Norfolk suggested yesterday i compare the selections to the Attheraces Speed ratings, something which i will have a look at in the next few weeks :)