+2.5...with a 1-1 saver

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Next Weekend There appear to be a couple of choices next week. I thought I would post them early to get some opinions. Liverpool v Everton ..................................F....A...FTS...CS..+2.5 Liverpool Last 5 Home.....9....6.....0......1.....4 Everton Last 5 Away......6....10....1......0.....4 West Ham v Rotherham ..................................F....A...FTS...CS..+2.5 West Ham Last 5 Home...9....7.....1......1......4 Rotherham Last 5 Away..9....6.....0......1......3 Any views on which is the better selection?

Guest DannyCash

Re: Next Weekend BBB, firstly another good pick today. Well done. Secondly, I was thinking along the lines of Man City v Spurs tomorrow in the cup for a possible selection, have you considered this game, or decided against it for a particular reason? Danny

Guest DannyCash

... Oh and thirdly, I think you have been a bit cruel on yourself with commission rates there mate! Remeber it's profit only that is commissionable, not profit + stake. So your profit on todays game was 78 points, I make this 74points profit after your 4.9% rate, a reduction of 4 points not 9! Go on, add yourself some more ca$h to the bank! Danny

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

ahh...so That's how they do it... Thanks Danny. I thought I'd made a mistake in my first account statement and amended that calculation too. Bonus So I need to revise them both...!!! Christ the man is an amateur...I will update the figures in the next statement. I am staying clear of the Man C v Spurs game. The main reason for this is that I just want to enjoy the game, bet free. Also (Head on the block) I can see Spurs keeping a clean sheet..!!! and I doubt they'll score three away from home. I think it is a good pick though. City have drawn 1-1 three times in their last four home games, and the one that didn't ended +2.5 Although, Spurs have only scored 6 away from home in the league this season, with 4 of those from Kanoute. I think it's a game where gut feel says YES, but the stats don't quite back it up.

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

The stats kind of say YES..... Wolves v West Ham ..................................F....A....FTS....CS....+2.5....1-1 Wolves Last 5 Home.......8....5......0.......1........2.......2 West Ham Last 5 Away...8....6......0.......1........1.......3 +2.5 @ 2.0...86pts (Bet365) 1-1 @ 8.0....14pts (Betfair)

Guest DannyCash

Re: The stats kind of say YES..... Well done BBB. Your bet came in after 25mins with Wolves now losing 3-1 at home ht!!!! Must admit I placed a few shillings myself. Had it not been for your pick I would've definately avoided the game! Nice! Also, Man City 1 Spurs 1 was another bonus! :ok May I just add one final point, I hope you don't mind. I notice on this thread your starting bank was 100points. Now your first pick used up all the points. Had it not won would the thread have been over after 1 solitary bet? Maybe you should have started from a 1000point bank and given yourself at least 10 chances to gain profit rather than blowing the entire bank. I know the moderators are pretty strict on here but they should allow such an alteration. It is just my opinon that you should operate with more of a bank beneath you. All the best with your thread. Danny

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Things are looking up..... I see your point Mr Cash. It would have indeed made sense not to lay your entire bank on your first bet. :loon Still, what's done is done. Fortunately, I've been successful so far and my bank will now allow for a couple of losses. In some respects it helps, as it focuses the mind a little. If you have a large bank to bet from you can tend to be a little maverick with your selections. I'll keep the bank as it is and see if I can nudge my way up to 1000pts. Thanks for the advice though, I'll bear it in mind if I start a new thread. I could have looked a right twat (can I use that word?) if the first bet had lost. :unsure

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Wot No Emoticons..? Right, thankfully there is no commission on this one.... Not sure if I've got the hang of that just yet..:unsure Wolves v West Ham +2.5....86pts @ 2.00.....172pts 1-1.....14pts @ 8.00......0pts Profit..........................72pts Starting Bank...............100pts Current Bank................310pts Profit/Loss...................210pts

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Any views on this one....? Derby Co. v Sheff Utd. ...................................F...A...FTS...CS...+2.5 Derby Co. Last 5 Homes...9...8.....1......1.......4 Sheff Utd. Last 5 Aways..8...8.....1......2.......4 I'm not 100% sure about this as a selection. 7 of Derby's 9 goals have come against Burnley(2), Wimbledon(3) and Gillingham(2) all of whom are in the bottom six. Sheff Utd conceded against Burnley(3), Ipswich(3) and Stoke(2), but have since kept 2 clean sheets away from home against Gillingham and Coventry. I guess the question I am asking is, do you think Derby will score against Sheff Utd?.

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Hello, is anyone there....? I stayed clear of Derby v Sheff Utd earlier in the week, but there are a few possibilities this weekend... Last 5 home/aways ......................F.....A.....FTS.....CS......+2.5 Liverpool..........9.....6.......0........1..........4 Everton...........6.....10......1........0..........4 West Ham........9......7......1........1..........4 Rotherham.......9......6.......0........1..........3                                         Chesterfield.....9......7......0.........0..........4 QPR................6......7......1.........1..........2                                         Cheltenham......7......9......1.........0.........3 Leyton Orient...8......11.....1........0..........5 Yeovil..............8......6......0........1..........4 Macclesfield......7.....11.....0........1..........4 I doubt they'll all come in. If anyone has an opinion on these fixtures I'd like to hear it. Otherwise I have to set up a second user name and reply to my own posts.....

Guest DannyCash

Re: Hello, is anyone there....? BBB, don't get to worried that no-one is responding to your threads. In fact, the 3 selections you have put up off your own back have all won so you don't really need our help do you? Using your stats and knowledge it's probably better that you give us your selections outright! If you are desperate for some feedback I'd say West Ham was your best chance this weekend. Dan

feedback Hi.. I read this thread with great interest... And so far, i have had nothing to add, to your previus selections. So just keep em coming... :beer But i see liverpool - everton go over today... I dont think liverpool can keep clean sheet. With the bad defence and goalie.. :( Hope houllier soon get :spank But also, i cant see liverpool dont score at home, against rivals everton... I will defently play this my self.. / cains

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Just having a bit of fun..... Danny, I'm not overly concerned that there are few responses to my posts. My selections are based on the stats I post, so as long as I keep them up to date I should be OK. I am just hoping that if anyone has additional info, (ie. they are fans and know about their teams injuries/suspensions etc.) they might post it and guide me away from potentially bad selections.

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

31st January 2004 Right then. I have four selections today, so although I am confident, I can see a high chance of a failure today. We'll see. Liverpool v Everton* [email protected] [email protected] West Ham v Rotherham* [email protected] [email protected] Cheltenham v Orient [email protected] [email protected] Yeovil v Macclesfield [email protected] [email protected] *Betfair prices before commission.

Re: 31st January 2004 Just tried to put the Over part of these bets on at Canbet for the two 3rd division games and I couldn't do it. Got some kind of weird 28/28 error. :rolleyes Anyone else have this problem at Canbet ? Suspect they've maybe reached their limits on these games. Guess I shouldn't leave it so late in future ...

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

50/50 I regret leaving out Chesterfield v QPR now...... Liverpool v Everton..........0-0 +2.5....87pts @ 2.06......0pts 1-1.....13pts @ 8.2........0pts Loss........................-100pts West Ham v Rotherham.....2-1 +2.5....87pts @ 1.91....166pts 1-1.....13pts @ 8.6.........0pts Commission @ 4.9%........4pts Profit..........................62pts Cheltenham v Orient.........1-0 +2.5....84pts @ 1.72.......0pts 1-1.....16pts @ 6.5.........0pts Loss.........................-100pts Yeovil v Macclesfield.........2-2 +2.5....85pts @ 1.8.....153pts 1-1.....15pts @ 7.0.........0pts No Commission (Bet365) Profit..........................53pts Played...Won...Drawn...Lost ....7........5.........0........2 Starting Bank..............100pts Previous Bank..............310pts Profit/Loss..................-85pts Current Bank...............225pts

sorry Maybe i should just shut up.. Liverpool had chances to be 3-1 up at half time... And blow it. Sorry mate... Canbet has some problems these days with the new worm.. Hopefully it would be better the next few days.. But expect some problems there... / cains

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Liverpool v Everton I watched the highlights last night, and I am amazed it didn't go +2.5. I have also started to look at strong home favourites where I bet +2.5 with a 2-0 cover. I backed the Man U game yesterday in this fashion, and will do the same with Arsenal this afternoon. In terms of stats we need a lot of home wins with very few 1-0 scorelines. Don't worry about the advice you posted Cains, I appreciate all feedback and opinion. You appear to be a Liverpool fan, and will know a lot more about them than I do.

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Luddite71 Thanks for the kind comments. There is real cash going on these bets. Regarding your remark about the 100pts being a lot to stake - 1pt could be a penny, could be a pound. It's all relative. So far the system has been quite successful, but it is early days. I am also looking in to +2.5/2-0 for strong home favourites who rarely win by a 1-0 scoreline. So far it's 3 out of 3, (Man U v Soton, Arsenal v Man C and Inter v Sienna), but again it's early days.

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

A quiet weekend...? I can't see that many obvious choices this weekend. There are one or two that may have the stats to back it up though. Ipswich v Wigan ...................................F....A....FTS....CS....+2.5 Ipswich Last 5 Homes.....12...10....1.......1.......4 Wigan Last 5 Aways........9....10....1.......0.......3 Possibly... Burnley v Gillingham ...................................F....A....FTS....CS....+2.5 Burnley Last 5 Homes......8.....6.....1.......1........3 Gillingham Last 5 Aways..10....9.....0.......0........4 Sheff Utd v Palace ...................................F....A....FTS....CS....+2.5 Sheff Utd Last 5 Homes...10...6......0.......2.......2 Palace Last 5 Aways.......14...7......0.......1.......5 I'm also tempted for +2.5 with a 2-0 cover in the Spurs v Pompey game. ...................................F....A....FTS....CS....+2.5 Spurs Last 5 Homes........12...7......1.......0.......4 Pompey Last 5 Aways......1....9......4.......1.......3 Add Jermaine Defoe to the above stats and I think it's a banker.

Re: A quiet weekend...? Hi BBB, I take on board what you're saying about the points system, but your current bank i beleive is hovering somewhere just above the 200 mark which means 2 losers wipes you out completely. Having just looked over the thread again though its probably as a consequence of you starting with only 100 points and going sh1t or bust on the first bet. anyway still; think its a cracking idea for a system and out of the games shortlisted for the weekend i especially like the spurs v portsmouth with a 2-0 cover. Goodluck

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Man City v Spurs 1-1/+2.5 Tonight looks like a safe bet looking at recent LEAGUE form, and the previous FA cup game. Also, City have a keeper making his debut, and it's windy down here tonight. Oh, and Richards is playing for Spurs, so City must score tonight. .................................F....A....FTS....CS....+2.5 Spurs Last 5 Homes......12...7......1.......0.......4 Man City Last 5 Aways..4....12.....2.......1.......4 Following comments from Danny Cash and Luddite71 I have decided to lower my stakes to 10pts, keeping the bank at 225pts. This will allow me a few losing bets. I hope this is OK..? The cover bet will now give me a small profit, but I will still class it as a "draw". [email protected] [email protected]

Guest DannyCash

Boom Boom Bonanza! Lets hear it for BBB! Managed to bale myself out the shite with Super Spurs and the +2.5 Bonanza Bet Big style b4 half-time! Well done, keep it up! Danny

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Re: Boom Boom B*****KS! Spurs v Man City 3-4:banghead +2.5....8pts @ 2.08....16.64pts 1-1.....2pts @ 7.00.....0pts Commission @ 4.9%....0.43pts Profit.......................6.21pts Played...Won...Drawn...Lost ....8........6........0.........2 Starting Bank.............100pts Previous Bank.............225pts Profit/Loss...............+6.21pts Current Bank..............231.21pts

Guest Boof Bonk Boosh

Pile on Plymouth....? I missed this one +2.5/2-0 ......................................F....A....FTS....CS....+2.5 Plymouth Last 5 Homes......17....0.....0.......5........3 Bournemouth Last 5 Aways..4....10....2.......0........2 9 of Plymouth's 14 home games have finished +2.5. Of the 5 that didn't, 3 finished 2-0. Also, Plymouth won 2-0 away at Bournemouth on Boxing day. One concern is that Bournemouth have conceded 2 or more away goals on only 5 occasions. However the LAST 5 stats above speak for themselves I think.