** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Best Bet of the Day - 22/07/08

my best bet of the day would be to oppose hurricane hen 850 great leighs. rp sp 3-1. in very good form, but in a lower grade, so with stepping back into handicap company off a mark of 67, it does look a tough race for him against better weighted rivals who are open to showing their true ability. a lay at 3-1.

Best Bet Of The Day ~ Tuesday 22nd 830 Bangor : Urban Tiger EW Very short priced fav in Yellow Flag and worth taking on with the betting going 10/1 bar. Urban Tiger looks sure to run well with the conditions in his favour, dropped down the weights to a mark of 100 and we can ignore his last run as he didnt stay 2m4f. His run before that at Fakenham was a fair effort and there are some very moderate horses in this contest. At 14/1 looks a decent EW bet at least.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - 22/07/08 3.50 Yarmouth 1m3y Handicap (Class 5) Luck Will Come Was third last time out at Doncaster two weeks ago when the jockey dropped the whip with about a furlong to go. In that race he was a long way ahead of Stoute's useful horse Lambda. He would have come very close to winning only for dropping the whip. That was in a class 4 race and worth £5,459 and today is is down to Class 5 race worth only £2,720. He has plenty of class to win this race and he has Jack Mitchell on board taking off 5lbs. The last time Jack was on board he won at Pontefract in a simalar race to todays about a month ago. The good to firm ground suits him perfect today as his two wins have come on this type of ground. Stoutes horse Striving is also in the race and seems an improving sort and will go off as favourite but i think Luck Will Come will have too much for him. Looks a great bet at 11/2. He has placed in seven out of his eleven races so is a very consistent horse and i cant see past him today. He should defy top weight. 1pt WIN

Re: Best Bet of the Day - 22/07/08 3.50 Yarmouth Luck Will Come - rider dropped whip LTO but finished a decent 3rd in a better race than this. Jack Mitchell is back in the saddle today, after partnering him to victory a couple of runs ago at Pontefract (rated 61). Runs off 65 again here, but given that he's dropped in grade he could go in here and he proved at Ponte he'll go on the ground. Hoping for a win at around 11/2 to fend off these pesky layers that are gradually wearing down my lead at the top. :lol If I'm gonna throw away my lead I'd rather do it to a backer so come on guys, get posting today and get the competition looking competitive. The more posts the better.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - 22/07/08 Y4.55 Gulch's Rose 0.5pt E/W Dropping back in trip for its handicap debut....all the signs are that big improvement is expected. The booking of Ryan Moore would also enhance that view. Trainer has also been in decent form of late.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - 22/07/08 Sorry I haven't posted for a while, been super busy at work. 8.50: Great Leighs: Wynberg Ran creditably on turf outings in June and returned to polytrack last time at Kempton over 6f. Appeared to not quite see out 6f that time so return to 5f on polytrack with Neil Callan (2from3 for yard in 2008) gives the selection every chance. WIN

Re: Best Bet of the Day - 22/07/08 PROVENCE 4.40 Salisbury. LAY. Racing Post sp 7-2. One of the more expoed in this race and therefore vulnerable to a more improving type, or debutant with a bit of ability. She hasn't done too badly thus far, but her standard isn't great and so at odds of 7-2 and going up a furlong in trip, I'm thinking a lay is the only call unless seeing a much higher price.