** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July Gimeno-Traver 2.4@BodogGimeno is much to good for these odds. He is a much better player on clay then Serra. He has been struggling a bit the last few tournaments but look for him to have a nice week after the break last week. Montanes 2.45@BodogNot a great head to head with Acasuso but beat him earlier this year and Acasuso has not played many matches at all. This bet is more against Acasuso's fitness and form than anything. Look for Montanes to take this one. Santiago Giraldo 1.8@BodogGirlado came through the qualifiers with ease and should do the same against Cuevas who has not played in awhile. Cuevas won the French doubles but that is about the extent of any success for him. SOme ebarrassing losses including a beat down by 15 year old American Ryan Harrison. Giraldo played well in last weeks challenger too. Bet of the day here.

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July PEYA @ 2.32 Pinnacle. I'm willing to give Peya a go here in what looks like a very close match. Peya has done well coming through qualifying and is decent on grass. Petz took Ancic to 5 at Wimbledon but I think that was more the Croatian falling apart after taking a 2-0 lead. H2H is 1-0 with Peya winning the most recent meeting easily indoors. CAPDEVILLE @ 1.92 Pinnacle. This looks like a very solid price with most European books having Capdeville as a decent fav. I quite like him on grass and he's done OK here in the past. Evans has managed to qualify, but I don't rate him much. Capdeville should be able to move him around too much.

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July 1-1 after Peya won. ROSOL @ 1.64 Betfair. Rosol looks pretty good to me in a match between 2 qualifiers. Both guys are close to there best rank with Rosol being 80 places higher. He much prefers the clay and won his last tournament a challenger in Kosice. Fischer prefers faster surfaces, having a go on the grass of Surbiton and indoors in Dublin. He tends to stay on hard and indoors when he can and doesn’t have many good results on clay. Fischer beat Gabashvili in qualifying which is very good but it was 7-6 7-5 and the Russian can be a headcase so wouldn’t put too much weight into that. Rosol beat Lisnard and Hernych in straight sets which is just as good and he should be a solid fav. PATIENCE @ 2.1 Paddy Power. Opposing Hanescu here. He’s really struggled to put together wins this year and despite a decent showing at Wimbledon I think he’ll suffer yet another first round loss here. Patience did pretty well at Queens beating Querrey before going down to Nishikori then has had a quarter and semi final in a couple of clay challengers with wins over Martin and Canas. He’s just got better form and doesn’t deserve to be the dog here. GICQUEL @ 1.59 Pinnacle. Gicquel has had a pretty decent year and I fancy him to continue it here. He’s shown ability on all surfaces and coming back to the clay shouldn’t be much of a problem. He’s got a much better serve than Rochus who still seems to be struggling with his delivery. He’s definitely lost an edge he had a couple of years ago and his results this year have been poor. Gicquel a decent fav for me.

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July giraldo and capdeville were and are just a pair of pathetic losers, they should be banned from playing thennis again, if they dont then they should retire cuz they re really rubbish, as mr intensity said 8 break balls and doesnt convert even one and then gets broken on the first opportunity,

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July

giraldo and capdeville were and are just a pair of pathetic losers' date=' they should be banned from playing thennis again, if they dont then they should retire cuz they re really rubbish, as mr intensity said 8 break balls and doesnt convert even one and then gets broken on the first opportunity,[/quote'] sounds much like federer for 2/5's of the match on sunday to be honest

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July Crappy 1-2 so far today. QURESHI @ 3.75 Betfair. Very big looking price here and definately worth a shot. Qureshi is very capable on grass, he loves the surface and has some good results on the surface. He reached the quarters here last year getting a win over Fish in the first round. He also beat Gasquet on grass last year. His results this year have been bad, and he didn't get anything going on grass so far but I still think he's worth a shot in this match. Becker is poor on grass, his serve is effective but he struggles with the movement and I don't think he'll like the skiddy conditions in Newport. Nice value here I think.

It stopped about 20 minutes ago but it takes them ages to clear the court. Probably play in 15-20 minutes.
cheers dude. nice to hear this

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July didnt want to here that of mr i when im on becker lol i like look of dancevic vs dent tonight not great odds but looks fairly safe doesnt it? would go 2-0 to boost my winnings but dent could quite easily take a tie break flukley within the match

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July Do you know how fit Dent is?:unsure I've got no idea:unsure. I managed to see some of his match against Mamitt a couple of months ago and he looked pretty fit but all the sharpness was gone:sad

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July On May.26 2008 Dent received a wild card and played at the Carson challenger in USA. It was his first match since Feb. 2006. He lost his 1st round match to Cecil Mamiit 6-3 6-7 6-4. thats all i got of wikpedia also dancevic looked 1/2 decent in wimbledon thats all im basing it on but im not tennis stato or nothing

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July Knew I'd spelt Mamiit wrong:sad Anyway I used to be a fan of Dent, still remember the first set he played against Hewitt at Wimbledon where he was totally unplayable:notworthy. This is his home tournament so he's probably playing because of that, so a better chance he isn't in good enough condition to be playing:unsure

Crappy 1-2 so far today. QURESHI @ 3.75 Betfair. Very big looking price here and definately worth a shot. Qureshi is very capable on grass, he loves the surface and has some good results on the surface. He reached the quarters here last year getting a win over Fish in the first round. He also beat Gasquet on grass last year. His results this year have been bad, and he didn't get anything going on grass so far but I still think he's worth a shot in this match. Becker is poor on grass, his serve is effective but he struggles with the movement and I don't think he'll like the skiddy conditions in Newport. Nice value here I think.
fair play, great call Mr I and a phenomenal price aswell.:ok :clap

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July Probably be able to get better prices on the dogs when more prices are up, but I have to take these prices now.... CALLERI @ 1.44 Boylesports. Calleri looks like a solid fav here. He got a good win over Melzer in the first round and won a clay challenger a few weeks ago. Cuevas came through a very up-and-down match against Giraldo where he was a set and a break down and saved match points. His stats on serve were poor and Calleri should be ble to hold serve much easier. I like Cuevas but he has been in awful form recently and I can't see him troubling the Argentine. STARACE @ 2.37 Stan James. This looks an interesting battle between 2 Swedes. Rehnquist is much higher ranked, in better form (on other surfaces) and comes in here having qualified and got a decent win over Przyiezny in the first round. Ryderstedt got a wildcard and beat a Swede in the first round, but he did get to the final of a very low level challenger on clay just over a month ago. Rehnquist sees to avoid cla like the plague, which looks to be massively affecting this price. However, the veteren has come here and got a few wins so I'm willing to have a go. REHNQUIST @ 2.5 Stan James. This looks an interesting battle between 2 Swedes. Rehnquist is much higher ranked, in better form (on other surfaces) and comes in here having qualified and got a decent win over Przyiezny in the first round. Ryderstedt got a wildcard and beat a Swede in the first round, but he did get to the final of a very low level challenger on clay just over a month ago. Rehnquist sees to avoid cla like the plague, which looks to be massively affecting this price. However, the veteren has come here and got a few wins so I'm willing to have a go.

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July All livescore websites, including the ATP one had him as winning, untill after the game then ATP changed there minds. Betfair odds suggested he was winning which is why I backed it. Do you think Betfair will give me my stake back if I complain?

All livescore websites, including the ATP one had him as winning, untill after the game then ATP changed there minds. Betfair odds suggested he was winning which is why I backed it. Do you think Betfair will give me my stake back if I complain?
Their is a big thread on the Betfair forum on the match, plenty of people have sent complaints about it, looks like a lot of people got badly stung by the mess up with the scores

Re: ATP Bastad/Gstaad/Newport/Stuttgart & WTA Budapest/Palermo 7th-13th July such bad day for me everything i touched went wrong n then i made mistakes on top those what didnt help 1st lost with becker backed dancevic to win 2-0 went 1-0 but felt he win so had big bet on him at 2.8 to win the match about game into 2nd set he then got broke by dent to make it 5-4 dent and serving for match dent won every service before then like 40 - 15 or 40-0 so thought game set match, so went on dent at 1.12 to get little bit of stake back on betfair meaning got money back if dancevic won and lost .... if dent wont went for wash before going out came back 10mins later expecting to find dent had won to find 1.01 on dancevic this is obviously good news till i found i left a lay of dancevic at 1.8 (when i 1st put bet on at 2.8) to least get my stake back so then i was green on a dead dent and red on danvic.. made it worse i backed lancs later on as well ----------------------------------------------------------------------- i've gone for niemenen today at around 1.74 is this good selection? i will leave it regardless but not gone big today lol, saving it for the darts now

All livescore websites, including the ATP one had him as winning, untill after the game then ATP changed there minds. Betfair odds suggested he was winning which is why I backed it. Do you think Betfair will give me my stake back if I complain?
If you base your complaint on the odds available at the time of placing your bets then you might as well not complain at all. That particular game is in no way similar to Davydenko game. The Isner game was not available in any media, the only feed was the ATP. If you want to complain, they are the ones to be blamed. BF disclaimer: ALTHOUGH SCORE AND STATISTICS DATA ON THE TENNIS MICRO-SITE IS SOURCED FROM A "LIVE" FEED PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THIS DATA MAY BE SUBJECT TO A TIME DELAY AND/OR BE INACCURATE. IF YOU RELY ON SCORE AND STATISTICS DATA TO PLACE BETS, YOU DO SO ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Betfair provides score and statistics data AS IS with no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of such data and accepts no responsibility for any loss (direct or indirect) suffered by you as a result of your reliance on it.