Madness Steeleworks ***BUSTED!!***

madnesstiger

MADNESS STEELEWORKS Rather than put all my eggs in one basket, I've decided to split my latest off-forum profits into 2 new GH's rather than just the one. MadnessDaily 6 has just been published with a starting bank of £100. The other £100 I have to use will go into funding this little venture! Background I have read and re-read Paul Steele's book 'Profitable Football Betting' a number of times over the past few years. Amongst other articles, he analyses 15 different ratings systems for predicting football matches. I have touched on a few of these ideas in the past, although nothing of real importance. However, the other day I had a little spare time on my hands and decided to put together a little 'calculator' using MS Excel which combines the ideas of 6 of Paul Steele's more successful ratings systems in the book, as well as my own minor alterations, to give each match a rating. The Ratings The calculator gives each match a rating of between 1 and 6.

• A rating of <2.5 predicts a match as an AWAY WIN
  • A rating of between 2.5 and 3.5 predicts a match as DRAW/AWAY WIN
  • A rating of between 3.5 and 4.5 predicts a match as DRAW/HOME WIN
  • A rating of >4.5 predicts a match as a HOME WIN

After testing the calculator on a handful of matches over the past few nights, it has acheived a 100% strike-rate. With this in mind, I have decided to create this GH to measure just how successful this thing can be. Staking After plenty of consideration in this department, I am going to apply a risker, more GH-oriented version of the 'Maria Laying System'. Google it for more details, but to summarize, here's how I will work it in this GH: LAY bets:

• Odds 1.01 - 3.50 : Lay 3.0% of total bank
  • Odds 3.55 - 7.40 : Lay 1.8% of total bank
  • Odds 7.50 - 11.0 : Lay 1.2% of total bank
BACK bets:
  • Odds 1.10 - 1.15 : Back 12.0% of total bank
  • Odds 1.16 - 1.38 : Back 11.5% of total bank
  • Odds 1.39 - 2.00 : Back 7.5% of total bank

OTHER INFO:

• % OF BANK RECALCULATED DAILY IF 'NEW HIGH' IS REACHED.
  • % OF BANK RECALCULATED IF BANKROLL IS REDUCED BY 35% OF ORIGINAL BANKROLL.

Although the calculator simply predicts the 1X2 outcome of a match, I may use the findings to place bets on related markets, such as 'Correct Score', 'HT/FT', 'Half-Time' etc. I am not expecting miracles from this GH, and have therefore not set any financial targets. I will appreciate any feedback throughout, and because of the potentially very risky staking strategy, I am just going to work this GH as a bit of short-term fun, with the small chance of great returns! MT :ok [As a sidenote, I may take the ratings from the calculator's results into consideration when deciding on picks for my other current MadnessDaily GH.]

Re: Madness Steeleworks Not stopping, just checking the results from earlier... 3 winners from 4 picks ain't too bad. Although I should really have LAYED Halmstad as opposed to BACKING the Kalmar win, which would've given a 100% start. Never mind, only about £1 down from the first few results. Will continue tomorrow! MT:ok

Re: Madness Steeleworks FT CSKA 0:2 DINAMO MOSCOW :$ *** Was watching the F1 race whilst this was taking place, and had time to think over this staking plan as it is. As a result, I have (again) decided to ditch this staking plan, in favour of the one used in the 'MadnessDaily 6' GH.

1 winner will be classed as 4.8% profit (5% profit, minus 5% commission). i.e. full bank wins at back odds of 1.05 = equivalent of 1 winner i.e. full bank wins at back odds of 1.22 = equivalent of 4 winners After scribbling down a number of strategies, here's how I've decided to play this one in terms of strategy and banking:
  • START WITH £100
  • FIND INITIAL 30 WINNERS = BANK OF ~£400
  • BANK £100 (PAYS FOR 1 MORE ATTEMPT). NEW BANK = £300
  • FIND ANOTHER 30 WINNERS = BANK OF ~£1200
  • BANK £200 (PAYS FOR 2 MORE ATTEMPTS). NEW BANK = £1000
  • FIND ANOTHER 30 WINNERS = BANK OF ~£4000
  • BANK £700 (PAYS FOR 7 MORE ATTEMPTS). NEW BANK = £3300
  • FIND ANOTHER 15 WINNERS = BANK OF ~£6600
  • BANK £500 (PAYS FOR 5 MORE ATTEMPTS). NEW BANK = £6100
  • FIND ANOTHER 8 WINNERS = BANK OF ~£8800
  • ADDED TO THE £1500 BANKED, THE JACKPOT OF £10K IS REACHED!
To summarize then;
  • 0-29 WINNERS = BUST!
  • 30-59 WINNERS = £100 BANKED, PAYS FOR 1 MORE ATTEMPT
  • 60-89 WINNERS = £300 BANKED, PAYS FOR 3 MORE ATTEMPTS
  • 90-104 WINNERS = £1000 BANKED, PAYS FOR 10 MORE ATTEMPTS
  • 105-112 WINNERS = £1500 BANKED, PAYS FOR 15 MORE ATTEMPTS
  • 113 WINNERS = £10,000 JACKPOT!

However, I will still use the 'Steeleworks' calculator to determine each bet. Rather than just lay the weaker team (from the rating obtained), I will use the rating to pick an even more unseeable selection, such as a 'Correct Score', 'HT/FT', etc. So, in effect, I guess I will have 2 similar threads going side-by-side, although this one will purely rely on the ratings obtained from the calculator. :hope *** To get the bankroll back upto a £100 starting bank, I found an in-play bet in the F1 with the remaining bank, as shown, with 6 laps remaining: Formula 1 British GP / Safety Car? / No Back @ 1.10 STAKE £14.22 WON £1.42 1.07 STAKE £50.00 WON £3.70 1.06 STAKE £29.44 WON £1.77 MINUS COMMISSION OF £0.33 = NEW BANK OF £100.22 *** Back to square 1 now! BET 01 on the way... :)

Re: Madness Steeleworks

The Stephen Hawking of GH doesnt get your threads at all mate ' date=' all the best though :beer[/quote'] :lol You're not gonna let that one die are ya!! *** Basically this GH is now a 100% all-in per bet system. The football prediction calculator I've created gives a rating between 1 and 6 per match. The lower the rating, the more likely an away win, and vice-versa. Say, for example, a match produces a prediction rating of 4.7 (therefore predicting a home win), my next bet could be a LAY of '0-1 Correct Score' at odds of ~15.0 (equiv. BACK odds 1.07), which would fit in nicely with the MadnessDaily-style staking system. Using the calculator is basically a foundation on which to back-up my reasoning for each bet.

Re: Madness Steeleworks

BET01
DATEBETMARKETSW RAT.SELECTIONB/LODDSLIABILITY
06-Jul-081Lok. Moscow v Amkar3.7FT score 3:1L21.00£ 100.00
The rating of 3.7 indicates a narrow home win or a draw. :hope
Looking good mate moscow 0-1 Amkar 90 min's. :ok

Re: Madness Steeleworks FT LOKOMOTIV 0:1 AKMAR :) Starting to think it was a good idea by quitting the initial staking system! *** Off to Brazil next, and to Sao Paulo. Match prediction rating of 5 is the highest I've had so far, indicating a home win. Also, with an expectation of OVER 2.5 goals, I've gone for the following...

DATEBETMARKETSW RAT.SELECTIONB/LODDSLIABILITY W/LRETURNS NEW BANK
06-Jul-082Sao Paulo v Ipatinga5.0FT score 1:1L12.00£ 104.94 £ 0.03
:hope