Yarmouth 03/07/08

2.30 The two market principles ran in the Windsor Castle Stakes at Royal Ascot and they look certain to fight out the finish here. Godolphin's Khor Dubai was 9th (missed break, held up behind leaders, not clear run halfway, switched right 1f, not pace to get competitive. Btn 7.25l) Micharl Jarvis' Aakef was 17th (hung right throughout final furlong, in touch, ridden to chase leaders 2 out, weakened final furlong. Btn 13l) If taken literally then you'd have to think the Godolphin horse will come out on top. He certainly looked like he could've been closer that day also. However it may be foolish to take this form as read. Aekef was well fancied and ran better than the formline suggests. He raced down the centre without much cover and actually tried to win the race, and as a result of the effort he petered out towards the end. The opposite can be said of Khor Dubai. He was looked after in the race and was never ridden to go close. Both were given very different rides on different parts of the course. I had a nice word for Aakef prior to his debut, the yard definitely think he possibly their best early 2yo. He looked like a certain future winner after his debut when it was stated by his trainer that he'd come on for the run. He finished 2nd to Saucy Brown on that debut and the winner actually finished 4th in the Windsor Castle Stakes, proving that Aakef is better than the form shown. Aakef 60% of stake hoping for around 5/2 (currently 3.45) to show a nice profit. Khor Dubai 40% of stake hoping for around 13/8 to save the stake. 3.30 To Follow 4.30 I fancied South Wales at Kempton last night but he was a late NR. I don't yet know if he was pulled out due to something being wrong or if connections prefered this race. If he runs here then I'll be backing him for reasons stated in yesterday's Kempton thread.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.