** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Madness Daily 4

madnesstiger

MADNESS DAILY 4 Been away a little while, and made some withdrawals in the meantime. It was a tough decision, but was a sensible one, as the money is now in my bank account instead of being held above the piranha's that are the 'long-odds-losers'! So, in light of the above, I will start this thread with £200. My target will be £10,000. It sounds like a huge ask, but isn't really all that unrealistic, as you will find out below. I will be aiming for 105 winning bets in a row at low odds to reach the target. The chart below shows that, with a starting bank of £200, it would take 105 winners at 1.04 (less commission at 5%) to acheive the £10k target. However, should I pick a winner at say 1.13, it will provide the same returns as if I'd picked 3 winners at 1.04. Therefore, 1 winner at 1.13 = 3 winners towards the target of 105. TABLE TO BE ADDED LATER - NOT DISPLAYING CORRECTLY! *** Rules for this attempt:

• At least 90% of all bets will be on FOOTBALL. This is what I know most about, and which has been most successful in recent times. Other sports such as tennis and American sports seem to be far more unreliable and unless I have enough information to backup my reasons for selection, I will leave these alone.
  • I will not bet on Friendlies! With recent unpredictable results such as the USA drawing 0-0 with Argentina, Hungary beating Greece, and the Faroe Islands scoring 3 goals in a match(!), I will be also be staying far away from these matches.

As usual, I'll keep detailed records of all bets along the way with regular progress updates. Not alot more to say, other than, "Let the countdown begin!!" Winners remaining... 105 MT :ok

Re: Madness Daily 4

Welcome back mate, and best of luck with this new GH!
Cheers mate!! :) *** The first selection is not really part of the system, but have taken the stake from the starting bank... £2 BACKED for Simon Grayson to become next Blackburn Rovers manager. The odds of 150.0 were too high to resist, especially if Big Sam doesn't end up taking over in the end. *** First 'proper' selection then... BET01: CROATIA vs GERMANY, LAY 'NO NEXT GOAL' @ 9.6. EQUIVALENT 'BACK' ODDS: 1.12 With Klose, Padolski, Ballack and Gomez in their offensive formation, I cannot see the Germans failing to score. As a backup, Croatia are a strong outfit, and are capable of grabbing a goal themselves. Germany will be wanting to finish top of Group B to avoid facing Portugal in the next round, so I reckon they will have an eye for a win today. :hope

Re: Madness Daily 4 Cheers for the comments guys! Hope to make this one work!! *** Anyway, back to business: Croatia score midway through the 1st half to make it 1-0. However, I can still see at least 1 more goal in this one yet, so: BET02: CROATIA vs GERMANY, LAY 'NO NEXT GOAL' @ 6.8 (in-play, 30mins) EQUIVALENT 'BACK' ODDS: 1.17 :hope

Re: Madness Daily 4 Yep... the 2nd goal came in the 2nd half, and meant BET02 was also a winner. *** Also, in the closing minutes, I placed my 3rd bet, but didn't have time to post it up on here. Here it is though, a 'certainty', free money, whatever you want to call it - gave me an extra £3! BET03: CROATIA vs GERMANY, LAY 'GERMANY' @ 70.0 (in-play, 85mins, 2:1) :) New Bank: £258.94

Re: Madness Daily 4 It's the joint-hosts up next, Austria, as they face Poland. A match in which I expect to see the Poles get on the scoresheet. Cannot see Poland losing this one, and if they can score an early goal themselves, I can watch the rest in a more 'relaxed' manner! BET04: AUSTRIA v POLAND, LAY 'CORRECT SCORE 2:0' @ 20.0 EQUIVALENT BACK ODDS: 1.05 :hope

Re: Madness Daily 4 There's no rush to get this one finished, so will not touch any of the Brazilian Cup matches tonight, as tempting as it is! Sloppy, you are quite right, the odds have been longer than the base rate of 1.04, so there are indeed less than 102 winners required! *** STARTING BANK: £200 TARGET BANK: £10,000 TOTAL WINNERS REQUIRED @ BASE ODDS OF 1.04: 105 WINNERS SO FAR: 4 CURRENT BANK: £271.92 AVERAGE 'BACK' ODDS: 1.0857 'BASE-RATE' WINNERS REQUIRED TO REACH TARGET: 97

Re: Madness Daily 4 As I may not be back from work in time tomorrow, I've already placed the next bet. *** Friday's tea-time Euro 2008 clash between Italy and Romania: BET05: ITALY v ROMANIA, LAY 'CORRECT SCORE 0:1' @ 15.0 EQUIVALENT BACK ODDS: 1.07 I just cannot see Italy going another match without scoring a goal basically. Romania failed to impress me in their match against a poor French side and never scored one themselves either, and didn't really look like scoring. I cannot see Italy losing this one, and expect them to bounce back from their thrashing by the awesome Dutch side in style. Backing the Italians to win is a bit risky for this thread, and so a low-scoring 'correct score' bet is in order me thinks! :hope

Re: Madness Daily 4 FT ITALY 1:1 ROMANIA To say it was never in doubt would be a lie! Although, there could well have been more than the 2 goals we saw in the match. Missed penalty, goal given offside, great saves, etc. I was right in saying Italy wouldn't lose, which automatically means the bet's a winner. :)

Re: Madness Daily 4 And onto the next bet, and again we stay with Euro 2008. BET06: HOLLAND v FRANCE, LAY 'HT SCORE 1:2' @ 38.0 EQUIVALENT BACK ODDS: 1.027 This one I hope, will require a little less luck than the previous bet, and will still return a £7+ profit. France rarely get involved in OVERS matches full stop, never mind after just 45 minutes! And in a match where they are up against a younger, fitter Dutch squad, I cannot see them bagging two before the break. With this bet also, any payout should be settled well before the FT whistle, enabling the possibility of nicking a few quid in the closing stages! :hope

Re: Madness Daily 4 1231250.jpg%3Fv%3D1%26c%3DViewImages%26k%3D2%26d%3D17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6438DC356C6AE0BE09930FDCFC4C15FBB Never have I been so glad to see this!! Had it been a '3' like nearly every other match... I ain't even gonna go there! I'm just bloody glad I'm 26, and not 76... or I wouldn't have lived to see the final score! :lol Deep breath... phew... Anyway, FT HOLLAND 4:1 FRANCE :):$ And I'm going to stop the bets right there for tonight! And who said odds of 1.007 are 'free money'!!! MT :ok