Epsom 6th June (oaks day)

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) 1.40 EPSOM-dont panic---because he as won 4 times from 7f-1mile on a variety of going,last time at ascot he had no chance with cesare at ascot ,he as a good draw in 2 [horses drawn 1-4 have won 16 of the last 20 runnings of this race] he is the right age group[4 and 5 yr olds have won 10 of the last 13 runnings of this race

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) 1.40 Diomed stakes Group 3 Looks a very tight field however I am not interested in the 2 3yo's entered by Godolphin. Both will surely improve from thier recent runs but i dont like the record of 3yo's in this race in last 7 years only 5 have tried, 2 came last & 2 were second, other was 4th. Mias boy although an improver doesnt look group company to me & i feel it has gone as far as it can winning a listed event last time from Lang Shining. Blythe Knight last years winner is now 8 & a busy jumping / flat campaign doesnt fill me with confidence that its good enough this year. Majestic Roi won a Group 1 last year (sun chariot) at Newmarket beating Naninna & Echelon which you cannot fault although all 3 career wins have come on faster ground. Dont Panic seems to be better in bigger fields & ran poorly at this meeting last year so not sure the course suits. Dunelight is a winner waiting to happen based on its last run when giving weight away & only just failing to win & meets Metropolitan Man back in third that day on 4lb better terms. DUNELIGHT - this will be placed at least (6/1 at PP tonight)

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) 2.10 was impressed with Dream lodge last time out at Chester & will be looking at this tomorrow to get involved. Its 8/1 tonight & again looks a decent ew bet, trainer has hit winners recently & eyecatching booking of Ryan Moore.

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) 4:05 Epsom Oaks Lush Lashes has the best form and I would've been confident her winning had it been on the firm side. However, she ran poorly on reappearance (heavy) and her fluent action is probably best suited by a sound surface. At around 7/2 it is worth a saver (on good-firm she'd be 2/1). Although out of a mare by July Cup winner Anabaa, she should stay the trip. Chinese White is from the cross between Darshaan (by his son Dalakhani) and Saddlers Wells family so successful in 1 ½ mile classics. Impressive winner of a listed 9 ½f trial on soft, by 4 ½ lengths. But although she has improvement to come, her price (imo) is too short compared to her form. Katiyra was second in a 1000 trial on reappearance, bred to be far better at 1 ½ miles. Raced on an easy surface. Is inexperienced but at the price is well worth backing. Have seen Clowrance twice this year, she does not stand out on looks. Staying on well both times, will be suited by the increased test of stamina and acts well on soft. Her price has contracted only due to Frankie taking the ride. Sail is capable of better but only just beat Sugar Mint who is not thought a serious threat here. Cape Amber chased home Lush Lashes and was given a lot to do, but Lush Lashes won easily. Is a half sister to 7f winner Nyramba and from the family of sprinter Gayanne and is a doubtful stayer. Has a fluent action, unraced on a soft surface and doubt she will act on it. Adored like Chinese White from that same cross. Has a high head carriage but is genuine enough. Can improve further and is the Murtagh chosen one. But the O'Brien team are yet to find a top filly this term. Moonstone was staying on well after being badly outpaced in the Musidora (4th). Only had her first run this year (like Peeping Fawn). Can improve, especially given a far greater test of stamina. May be worth a saver if (as I expect) punters go against the third string. Saw Micheta at both Newbury (sweated up) and Goodwood, when much more relaxed in the preliminaries. A big scopey filly who acted well on the undulations at the Sussex track. Did not beat much but stretched clear in the final furlong. Should stay 1 ½ miles and won her maiden on a soft surface. Looks over priced. Savethisdanceforme is interesting, particularly if more rain falls at Epsom. Ran well on reappearance (heavy) and won a listed race by nine lengths (good-soft). Disappointed in two Guineas, outpaced at Newmarket and the firm surface against her in Ireland. Stoutly bred on the dam's side of the family. Capable of better on a soft surface / over further. Last year I backed Peeping Fawn at forty something /1 (the only time I backed her). 74/1 looks more than double what it should be. My prices to beat on good-soft. Lush Lashes 11/4, Katiyra 11/2, Chinese White 13/2, Micheta 8/1, Clowrance 11/1, Adored 15/1, Sail 20/1, Cape Amber 20/1, Moonstone 22/1, Savethisdanceforme 33/1, Look Here 125/1, Saphira's Fire 125/1, Sugar Mint 200/1, Tiffany Diamond 200/1, Miracle Seeker 800/1, Ice Queen 1000/1. 3:25 Epsom Coronation Cup Getaway impressed as a top class horse in the Jockey Club Stakes, giving weight away, won easily. Race has worked out very well. Showed more speed than previously. A fine big colt, fourth in the Arc but before that thought of as a stayer. Acts well on a soft surface. Will take a lot of beating if acting on the course. Soldier Of Fortune's best form (by some way) is the Irish Derby win on soft. If that run does not flatter him has a chance here. Youmzain is capable but is a stayer at the trip who is always held up. Needs things to go his way. Not the easiest to win with and possibly has a bit of temperament. Red Rocks won on reappearance but had the form to. Versatile tactically but it is difficult to see him improve. MacArther's win at Chester promised more, producing a fine turn of foot to go clear. May well have gone close with a clear run in the St Leger. Probably has not reached his best yet. Papal Bull is a dog, only consenting to put it all in when he feels like it. Turbo Linn is interesting, progressive form last year. Promising reappearance, may be able to improve further. However, trainer not in great form and would be a little surprising if she beats an in form Getaway. Multidimentional needs to improve dramatically for the step up in trip. Anna Pavlova looks too exposed for this grade. My prices to beat on good-soft. Getaway 5/4, Soldier Of Fortune 11/4, MacArther 12/1, Youmzain 14/1, Red Rocks 16/1, Papal Bull 33/1, Turbo Linn 50/1, Multidimentional 66/1, Anna Pavlova 66/1, Song Of Hiawatha 2000/1, Big Robert 2000/1, Ginge

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) Very interesting to see the betting here of Getaway and Soldier of Fortune who were 4th and 5th in the Arc respectively. The 3rd horse in that race Sagara is running at Goodwood in the night in far weaker company and with odds of 9/4 RP. The horse is now with Godolophin and looks better value than backing either of the other 2.

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) 3.25 Epsom - GETAWAY Looks a banker to me and I reckon 11/8 is actually generous. Fabre is the best middle distance trainer in the world especially with these older horses and I reckon this horse could take some stopping all season. Sleuced up on seasonal reappearance and made Sixties Icon look very ordinary indeed. Nothing much to beat here bar Soldier Of Fortune who should need the run whereas the rest are probably not quite upto this standard bar Youmzain who could run a big race if on a going day. Still, Getaway looks different class to me and im happy with 11/8.

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) 1:40 Young Pretender - 5pts ew @ 5-1 Bet365 BOG Golodphin in month of June 2004-2007 /Race Distance (1m to 1m1f) 46 runs, 13 wins and 20 placed. Alexandros - 5pts ew @ 11-2 Bet365 BOG Golodphin in month of June 2004-2007 /Days Since the Horse Last Ran (26-31) 16 runs, 5 wins and 8 placed. /Race Distance (1m to 1m1f) 46 runs, 13 wins and 20 placed. 8-9f runners from trainer Saeed bin Suroor have finished 2-3-4-3-1-1-2-2-4 since 09May.

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) 4.05 Lush Lashes 7/2 lad 25 pts Sail 16/1 sky 12.5 pts e.w. Reluctantly leaving out Savethisdanceforme who i have put up here countless times and whilst the trip and a bit of potential cut could be favoured to unleash potential at this level, I favour Lush Lashes and Sail. Lush Lashes put up the best trial for me, romped in lto at York, I cant see that form being overturned myself and I dont see the extra trip a real problem, pretty good run from her in the Guineas too, very fast finishing then having originally got a bit outpaced for me rather than failure to handle the dip as suggested at times by some. Slight question mark over ability to handle the track but that goes for all of these really and I prefer to have this ones experience to help her handle the track then the possibly talented but still inexperienced, Chinese White and Katirya. Very soft ground would have been a bit of a concern after no show on heavy and behind STDFM fto this year but drying all the time so that also favours. Looks the stand out candidate. Sail would be my other pick. May not be first choice on bookings, a bit surprising to me but Moore no bad thing is he smile2.gif Sail was impressive for me at Chester lto. The market spoke volumes, i was on the solid and reliable sugar mint and hills' filly got first run and sail was a bit free early on too. However the well backed Sail picked up well and overcome sugar mint with a touch of class I thought and relatively cosily. Still a bit green but much more improvement, which is needed, I expect to come and that looked a typical Chester style trial for this race which has been seen to good effect of late. 2.10 Emerald Wilderness 7.5 pts e.w king does well with his flat winners and this one looked no exception when winning lto on a/w although turf is no problem either. Previously had solid handicap form last season and was an ok hurdler too, only three pound higher than winning lto with seemingly a slightly improved effort, solid option. 2.45 Smart Instinct 7.5 pts e.w officially just the one pound well in but that could be argued somewhat, may well be better than that a small touch, certainly slightly luckless lto and even the time before, has a string of solid hanidcap efforts to his name on the back of recent efforts and it wouldnt surprise me to see this race targetted by his canny trainer 3.25 Getaway 25 pts 11/8 Looks a real class performer in a class race. Soldier of fortune, Macurthur, Youmzain are all top horses and even a dark horse like Multidimensional could improve at this trip. However it is hard to get away (no pun intended) from Fabre's horse's striking effort lto, romped in at hq and form boosted by Sixties Icon who Getaway made to look average, travelled with ease that day, previously suggested it needed further but off slowish early pace he still has speed to win and with ease. Clearly improved for last year when behind Youmzain in the Arc. I was with Youmzain and Dylan Thomas in that famous Arc last year as some of you might remember here and Yomzain is a talented sort to provide a test and should come for the run lto. however whilst he is a fair e.w alternative he is tricky to win with as his record is showing. SOF may just need the run and need it bog like to be at his best. So Fabre, who has a top record in the race, can land another Coronation Cup. 4.50 Ignazu Falls 15 pts Trip the key here for me. Been running with some credit last season and start of this but was just not quite getting home over a mile and often being caught at the death in fair races. however the drop in trip today should help in that regard and can give Godolphin a much needed winner. 5.25 Slugger O Toole 15 pts Dubai Meydan 7.5 pts e.w Slugger O toole I put up lto when won a tactical race at hq, race at the time looked to have some nice improving sorts in and whilst not been seen by all the horses who have come out of it, soem have run well since. Only a few pounds higher for that win which does not seem to excessive for clearly a talented horse who has interesting owners and a progressive profile. draw may have been better. Dubai Meydan is a horse who I could see suddenly clicking thsi season, a big sort who should really come alive at 3 put up a win lto in an average race but did it fairly nicely despite highish head carriage from memory, clearly thought of (dewhurst raced at 2) and moore interesting booking, also recently geded.

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day)

1.40 Diomed stakes Group 3 Looks a very tight field however I am not interested in the 2 3yo's entered by Godolphin. Both will surely improve from thier recent runs but i dont like the record of 3yo's in this race in last 7 years only 5 have tried, 2 came last & 2 were second, other was 4th. Mias boy although an improver doesnt look group company to me & i feel it has gone as far as it can winning a listed event last time from Lang Shining. Blythe Knight last years winner is now 8 & a busy jumping / flat campaign doesnt fill me with confidence that its good enough this year. Majestic Roi won a Group 1 last year (sun chariot) at Newmarket beating Naninna & Echelon which you cannot fault although all 3 career wins have come on faster ground. Dont Panic seems to be better in bigger fields & ran poorly at this meeting last year so not sure the course suits. Dunelight is a winner waiting to happen based on its last run when giving weight away & only just failing to win & meets Metropolitan Man back in third that day on 4lb better terms. DUNELIGHT - this will be placed at least (6/1 at PP tonight)
8/1 with Bluesq, great price. having some of that EW

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) 4.05 Oaks Katiyra - john Oxx has produced some decent horses over the years & this horse having won on its only start last season, nearly followed up in the 1000 Guineas trial at leopardstown when 2nd to Caribbean sunset. However reading John Oxx's comments, you have to read between the lines that he was aiming it at the oaks all along:

Trainer John Oxx said: "She had a hold-up early this year and we needed to get herstarted. A mile was always going to be shorter than ideal for her and she didn't have the run of the race before staying on well as you would expect her to. Its owner Aga Khan has a long affiliation with Epsom & i wouldnt be surprised to see this win today. By an Arc winner it will stay the distance. Lush lashes won the musidora in style but although i have this in 10 to follow, I am slightly concerned at the opposition now. I think it will be in the 1st 3 however. Chinese White can make it a 1-2-3 for Ireland in this classic after winning its trial race very easily, Trainer weld quoted: "She's potentially high class," said Dermot Weld, who expects "a lot of improvement in this filly". "The logical race would be the Irish Oaks," added the winning trainer, who said he "wouldn't rule out Epsom." 1. Katiyra 2. Lush Lashes 3. Chinese White "I suspect she will go for the Oaks rather than for the Irish 1,000 Guineas. There are only 12days between the two races, so it really isn't a runner to expect a filly to run in both races."

1.40 Diomed stakes Group 3 Looks a very tight field however I am not interested in the 2 3yo's entered by Godolphin. Both will surely improve from thier recent runs but i dont like the record of 3yo's in this race in last 7 years only 5 have tried, 2 came last & 2 were second, other was 4th. Mias boy although an improver doesnt look group company to me & i feel it has gone as far as it can winning a listed event last time from Lang Shining. Blythe Knight last years winner is now 8 & a busy jumping / flat campaign doesnt fill me with confidence that its good enough this year. Majestic Roi won a Group 1 last year (sun chariot) at Newmarket beating Naninna & Echelon which you cannot fault although all 3 career wins have come on faster ground. Dont Panic seems to be better in bigger fields & ran poorly at this meeting last year so not sure the course suits. Dunelight is a winner waiting to happen based on its last run when giving weight away & only just failing to win & meets Metropolitan Man back in third that day on 4lb better terms. DUNELIGHT - this will be placed at least (6/1 at PP tonight)
SHOCKING...:@

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) 3:25 Red Rocks has an impressive record when it comes to the second run of the year. Since 2005, he has a two wins and a second from three runs. Only unplaced in two of 8 runs with jockey L Dettori. Good value at the price in double figures. 1pt ew @ 16-1 Bet365 BOG Anna Pavlova has 3 wins, 3 seconds and 1 third from 8 Class 1 runs. Unbeaten in 1m4f to 1m4f110y trips - 3 wins from 3. 7 wins, 2 seconds and 1 third from 13 runs with jockey Paul Hanagan. 1pt ew @ 40-1 Bet365 BOG Song Of Hiawatha is in triple figures and trained by A P O'Brien. He's finished last in all three Group events he's raced but trainer worth to go with at such price. 1pt ew @ 200-1 Bet365 BOG Also. 1pt BOX each-way between the three Naps...Getaway, Macarthur, and Soldier Of Fortune. :drums

SHOCKING...:@
& your point is? I wasnt happy with the run from Dunelight & each race has been won by horses from behind. Dunelight normally goes off faster than that & I suppose will have to wait for Goodwood now for that one to show its class.

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) I mentione din my thread that there may be a trun up with Getaway beaten, however Soldier of Fortune handled the track better than i thought it would but unluckiest loser must be Youmzain whose jock left it too late to start its run, i was watching how easy it was going with the jock doing a steering job 2 out but it was another dancing brave unfortunately. I backed Papal Bull who did similar & managed a close 4th staying on.

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) Nice race that. Ballydoyle really had that in the bag as soon as the 2nd and 3rd strings got an easy lead, always easy to engineer a victory from that position. Very much like the look of Michita in the Oaks. Have taken 8/1 e/w and it seems like a very good each way bet.

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) Just looked the replay of the Coronation Cup. A jockey won it and other jockeys lost it. Murtagh kicked exactly when he had to kick and blocked Getaway in pocket. Not sure if the french lad rides for the first time here. And what so say about Richard Hughes? We've seen this so many times. Horses travell like a dream, but he just doesn't know when to produce the late run. If he had started seconds earlier the win would have gone to Youmzain, no doubt about it.

Re: Epsom 6th June (oaks day) 5:25 Owner M Khan X2 has a 5f and 1m winner today from three runners. X2 has 3 wins from 9 runs here the past 5 seasons, all 4yo+. 3yo's for this season has a 30% strike rate for X2 - 12 wins from 40. Cross Fell - 2pts ew @ 28-1 Sportingbet The Game - 2pts ew @ 25-1 Betfred