** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Horses For Courses (PGA)

Surprisingly, not actually a system about horses, but golfers. The premise is to back players who have a demonstrated history of playing well on a particular course. It will either be to win, w/o Woods, top 5/10, top nationality etc., depending on the odds and competition etc. Each selection will be staked 10pts, possibly broken down into a combo of bets (i.e. 5pts e/w etc.). First bet up is the AT&T Classic (TPC @ Sugarloaf), going for Zach Johnson, who has won two of the past 4 classics, and a T2 in between. Going for the win only: 10pts Zach Johnson to win @ 18.5 Betfair

Re: Horses For Courses Poor start with Johnson not figuring in the final equations. Just one for the BMW Championship this week (Wentworth); Angel Cabrera, who has won this event previously and also has 3 Top 5 finishes since 2001. 5pts E/W Cabrera to win @ 26.00 (Lasseters) EW Terms: 1/4 odds 1-2-3-4-5

Re: Horses For Courses And one for the Crowne Plaza in Fort Worth, where Kenny Perry has won once previously with a couple of runner up finishes. He's in good form at the moment so hopefully he can close one out this time. 5pts Kenny Perry to win @ 26.00 Sportsbet 5pts Kenny Perry top 5 finish @ 5.50 Centrebet

Re: Horses For Courses Great idea mate and I am sure it will be a successful system. A pity you didnt include Imada last week who lost in a play off last year to Zach Johnson. I see you take more than the 1 year into account though. Anyway, best of luck with this. :ok

Re: Horses For Courses Cheers guys

Great idea mate and I am sure it will be a successful system. A pity you didnt include Imada last week who lost in a play off last year to Zach Johnson. I see you take more than the 1 year into account though.
Yeah, I figured if you only include the one good performance, you'd have a lot more people to choose from, and you'd have to consider other factors more (I am admittedly not very educated about golf). I'm also trying to keep the good performances the most recent, which is why someone like Monty, who threepeated the BMW back in 98-2000 isn't included this weekend, as he's done **** all since. Both my guys horribly out of contention, so we'll write them off and bring the system figures to: Selections 3: Win Bets: 3 Wins: 0 Top 5 Bets: 2 Wins: 0 Staked: 30 Returned: 0 Profit: -30 Nothing to be too concerned about though, with the odds we're dealing with here that can easily be turned around.

Re: Horses For Courses The first major for the system is upon us and here's too a big result. The US Open is being played on the Torrey Pines South course, which hosts the last 2 rounds of the Buick Invitational. For simplicity sakes, I have just used Buick results for course form: Charles Howell III 2 - 2007 T2 - 2005 T7 - 2003 T13 - 2008 5pts Charles Howell III to win @ 190 Betfair 5pts Charles Howell Top 10 Finish @ 15.00 Sportingbet Luke Donald T2 - 2004, 2005 T7 - 2003 3pts Luke Donald Winner W/O Woods @ 28 Betfair 7pts Luke Donald Top 10 Finish @ 4.50 Sportingbet And finally, Tiger Woods, who has won 5 of the past 6 Buicks. Given he is Tiger I wasn't sure to take him or not, but he has good odds due to his knee injury and so I am going to take him (This system pays no attention what-so-ever to injuries - at least atm lol). Tiger Woods 1st - 2008,2007,2006,2005,2003 10pts Tiger Woods to Win @ 4.40 Betfair

Re: Horses For Courses Nothing from Donald or Howell, but Tiger gets up to record us a rather small and menial profit. For simplicity purposes, we'll calculate commission at 5%. So 44pts returned on a market with 15pts staked, .05 * 29 = 1.45 Selections: 10 Outright Bets: 9 Wins: 2 Winner W/O Woods Bets:1 Wins:0 Top 5 Bets: 5 Wins: 1 Top 10 Bets: 2 Wins: 0 Staked: 100 Returned: 258.8 Profit: +158.8

Re: Horses For Courses The BMW International is not held at the same course each year and so will not be including this week. The Travellers Championship @ TPC River Highwind has been a fixture there since 1994, so is quite fine. Hunter Mahan 1st - 2007 2nd - 2006 Bet 5pts Hunter Mahan to win @ 22 Betfair Bet 5pts Hunter Mahan Top 5 @ 5.4 Betfair Woody Austin 1st - 2004 T5 - 2006 T9 - 2005 Bet 5pts Woody Austin to win @ 70 Betfair Bet 5pts Woody Austin Top 10 @ 5.9 Betfair

Re: Horses For Courses Hunter Mahan finishes T2 to collect another small profit. Shame he didn't have agood first round as he was only one shot back. 27pts returned on 5pts staked, 22pt profit so commission of 1.1pts and net return of 25.9pts. Selections: 12 Outright Bets: 11 Wins: 2 Winner W/O Woods Bets:1 Wins: 0 Top 5 Bets: 6 Wins: 2 Top 10 Bets: 3 Wins: 0 Staked: 120 Returned: 284.7 Profit: +164.7

Re: Horses For Courses Open De France (Le Golf National - Marseille) Soren Hansen 2nd - 2007 3rd - 2005 T10 - 2004 5pts E/W Soren Hansen @ 29 Lasseters ONE MORE TO COME Buick Open @ Warwick Hills Jim Furyk 1st - 2003 2nd - 2006 T2 - 2001 T5 - 2007 T6 - 2004,2005 T10 - 2002 10pts Jim Furyk to Win @ 12 Centrebet

• 4 weeks later...