ATP Rome & WTA Berlin 5th-11th May

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Rome & WTA Berlin 5th-11th May STEPANEK @ 1.44 Stan James. Short odds banker to start the week. Nieminen has been in stinking form this year, since the Australian Open he's 2-10 with the only wins coming against Rik de Voest at home in Davis Cup and an injured Gicquel in Monte Carlo a couple of weeks ago. I can't see him stepping up here against Stepanek who has been solid this year. Apart from a 5 set loss to Spadea in the Aussie, he's been very solid and it's mostly taken top guys to beat him. He lost a very tight match to Soderling a couple of weeks ago, but I was impressed he took a set and should be in decent shape here. H2H is 2-1 to Nieminen with Stepanek winning the last meeting in this tournament in 2006. SANTORO @ 3.22 Pinnacle. This price just surprises me, I expected more like 2.4. Santoro got beat by Vliegen in Monte Carlo which was a bit of a disappoint, but Santoro is still having a reasonable year and is capable of playing very well. It's a bit tough to predict the weeks where he turns up to play hard, but I'm willing to take a chance here. Seppi has had some tough draws this year, but hasn't really taken advantage of goods ones either, especially a couple of weeks ago where he lost to Querrey. He also seems to do better when he isn't fancied, like in beating Hewitt and Nadal in in Rotterdam. I'm loathe to take him as such a favourite and I really think this is a value play. H2H is 1-1 with Santoro winning at the start of the year in Doha and Seppi getting revenge in a challenger in Italy indoors, but Santoro was coming off a couple of tough 3 setters and fitness would be questionable. WAWRINKA @ 1.56 Pinnacle. This looks a really solid price to me. We saw last week in Munich Safin struggle past Berlocq and Berrer before going out to Gonzalez and watching him he doesn't look able to cut it anymore. In this match he should do well off his serve but I just can't see him staying in enough rallies with Wawrinka, and ultimately losing his head and going out. Wawrinka did well in reaching the semis in Barcelona, and that should give him some confidence. He's been OK this year, good weeks but quite a few bad weeks which is a worry taking him in the first round. However, with the way Safin is playing I see this as a great chance for him to keep the momentum going and he should win this comfortably.

Re: ATP Rome & WTA Berlin 5th-11th May

SportTennis
EventCibulkova-Bondarenko
SelectionCibulkova
Strength10/10
Date05/05/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBetandWin @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningFor this odds on Cibulkova are just too high for my taste and I must gon on them as I expect here to win this match.Slovakian improved a lot this year and I really doubt that h er wont progress into next round here as she also take a little break after that famous final in AI against Sharapova to prepare even better for clay part of season.Bondarenko is solid player but for me this isn’t surface that suits here soo much as she is not so fast and her main play is to hit the ball very hard and to try to finish points quickest as she can.Cibulkova is really fast and very good on clay and on this surface it would be very hard to score point against her.For me Cibulkova is better player here and I believe she will win this match.

SportTennis
EventCornet-Schiavone
SelectionCornet
Strength10/10
Date05/05/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningWell in past I was backing a lot this young star Cornet and I will do that again without doubt as odds on her are pure value for me.Cornet is improved a lot this year she has two finals and one semis and that is a lot for a girl in her age and here I expect her to get to at least quarter finals as she is now even more fresher than in past tournament.Schiavone is experienced player and she has quality but I cant see her winning here against much faster Cornet and young French girl will do to her some serious damage.I think that Cornet is in better form here and she beated very good players recently like example Szavay so way not to win against Schiavone.

SportTennis
EventWawrinka-Safin
SelectionWawrinka
Strength10/10
Date05/05/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.55 (Back)
ReasoningThis is a match were I found highest odds from the safest bets and if someone doesn’t think like that but Safin here can give good resistance but that is all he can do it here.Wawrinka had great tournament in Barcelona and lost in semis against Ferrer after hard battle and here I expect from him to keep his momentum and to continue winning.Safin for me only has adventage in service but we all know that Wawrinka is great returner and very consistent player which can drive crazy Safin and force him making a lot of UE and that was seen against Gonzalez.This odds looks very safe from my point of view and I am going to take it.

SportTennis
EventStepanek-Nieminen
SelectionStepanekl
Strength10/10
Date05/05/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.45 (Back)
ReasoningOne more bet took my attention that is Stepanek here.I don’t like him as a player as he can drop game very easily but here I must go on him as is playing against out-form Nieminen who barely can beat anyone this season and he is getting knocked out from every tournament in 1st or 2nd round.His service is awfull and that is big adventage here for Stepanek who has very good service and he likes to play service volley and also his forehand is very good good.Nieminen leads in H2H 2-1 but today I think that Stepanek will equal this record and take this game possibly in two sets.

STEPANEK @ 1.44 Stan James. Short odds banker to start the week. Nieminen has been in stinking form this year, since the Australian Open he's 2-10 with the only wins coming against Rik de Voest at home in Davis Cup and an injured Gicquel in Monte Carlo a couple of weeks ago. I can't see him stepping up here against Stepanek who has been solid this year. Apart from a 5 set loss to Spadea in the Aussie, he's been very solid and it's mostly taken top guys to beat him. He lost a very tight match to Soderling a couple of weeks ago, but I was impressed he took a set and should be in decent shape here. H2H is 2-1 to Nieminen with Stepanek winning the last meeting in this tournament in 2006.
I'm with you!

I'm with you!
I'm going against everyone with this one, Nieminen will come through this, his form will change as of today, he's stronger and more durable, Stepanek won't be up for it either. Also the h2h on clay is 1-1, although Stepanek won here when they last met. But Nieminen will win today i'm really confident, I doubt and cannot see any other but that result... No way will Stepanek win.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWozniacki - Golovin
SelectionWozniacki
Strength10/10
Date05/05/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.74 (Back)
ReasoningNice odds for Wozniacki here I believe.She is coming back after injury.She sprained her ankle but this is for sure not as serious as Golovin problems who had back surgery and now she will surely have lot of problems to get back in good form.Wozniacki is enjoying great season so far and rising in the ranking while Golovin played only 10 matches this year.Last week she played Challenger in France and in the first round she had to play three seter with Aurelie Vedy ranked 414 and in the second round she was beaten by Maret Ani.Of course Ani is not a mug on clay but she is more like a challenger player and nothing special really.This results clearly show that Golovin is far from her best form and today she will have lots of problems to cope with Caroline imo.Maybe clay isn't Wozniacki favourite surface but she should get the job done here.

I'm going against everyone with this one, Nieminen will come through this, his form will change as of today, he's stronger and more durable, Stepanek won't be up for it either. Also the h2h on clay is 1-1, although Stepanek won here when they last met. But Nieminen will win today i'm really confident, I doubt and cannot see any other but that result... No way will Stepanek win.
I am with you too, today Nieminem is best pick in 1st round, odds are crazy on Jarko because he started really bad season, but he is fighter player, soon or later he will start to make good results, already in Barcelona he played well (I was reported by friends that watched against Kukushin, but russian guy played really great), I think that odds are too high for a guy that moves better in clay than Stepanek Anyway good luck guys

Good morning thank you guys...great info as usual...especially to Crazy North, Mr Intensity and Randall (in alphabetical order cause i respect your all´s betting skills) i have one question that interest me: i heard about agnieszka radwanska´s retirement on tournament in warsaw therefor she might not be 100% fit for the first round and there is some chance for kerber to grab the victory, while kerber is not a clay courter so?...anybody with further info?

Re: ATP Rome & WTA Berlin 5th-11th May I don't believe that Kerber is a player that can beat Agnieszka.She is just awfull in last months.And on clay she was never great.Agnieszka had a cold.She was just feeling sick and I believe that she had enough time to get better.It's for sure important tournament for her and she rarely loses her first round matches in that big tournaments.

Re: ATP Rome & WTA Berlin 5th-11th May To add Nieminen deffinitely is up for this and WANTS to win, he will go all out, this is a 10/10 bet, and bet of the day, he for sure will win 100%!! I'm so confident i'd put my house on it. Stepanek is weak and will choke.

But Nieminen will win today i'm really confident' date=' I doubt and cannot see any other but that result... [b']No way will Stepanek win.
To add Nieminen deffinitely is up for this and WANTS to win' date=' [b']he will go all out, this is a 10/10 bet, and bet of the day, he for sure will win 100%!! I'm so confident i'd put my house on it. Stepanek is weak and will choke.
Come on mate maybe he will win but saying stuff like this is a bit silly:sad

Mr I' date=' do you think Nadal will win in Rome this week? Would you recommend me putting a few quid on? Many thanks. ;)[/quote'] Of course he should win...but is 1.5ish worth it? I wouldn't think so, his draw is pretty tough especially Ferrero and Murray/Wawrinka early. In fact he could have to play Ferrero/Murray/inspired Volandri/Davydenko/Federer which is a tough draw. The only good thing is Djokovic and Federer in the other half so would also have to beat 1 of them. I'm concerned about his schedule, playing Monte Carlo/Barcelona/Rome/Hamburg in consecutive weeks. If he wins here then surely he'll pull out of Hamburg? Something makes me think maybe he doesn't push 100% this week, but perhaps that will still be enough. Saying that, the guy has won 102 out of 103 clay matches (I think that's right??) and seems in good form this year so it's really tough to go against him. Just think there are better bets at that sort of price this week. Like Stepanek, nailed on banker 100% free money:lol:ok

Mr. I' date=' you seem good with your tips. And know what your talking about. What you reckon about Monacos chances vs Cuevas? Any more bankers for today?[/quote'] Basically I like Cuevas and he has come through qualifying which is a plus. Monaco struggling a bit this year and retired in Monte Carlo with a hand injury I don't know anything about. Certainly wouldn't call him a banker. Prefer waiting for Wawrinka later. Anyway, it's a sunny day so I'm off to hit the hardcourts:ok

Come on mate maybe he will win but saying stuff like this is a bit silly:sad
haha mr I, your comment is funny. i followed your pick and won, thanks for that, i think this will be a good week.

hm rubbish tip from me' date=' was a close game sorry guys! i'm homeless too :( lol well not really! Hopefully I can be more accurate next time.[/quote'] It wasn't rubbish, he got a set which is more than I expected! BTW has there been a rain delay, seems a bit behind?:unsure

It wasn't rubbish, he got a set which is more than I expected! BTW has there been a rain delay, seems a bit behind?:unsure
Aye, around 30 minutesish it delayed it by.

Basically I like Cuevas and he has come through qualifying which is a plus. Monaco struggling a bit this year and retired in Monte Carlo with a hand injury I don't know anything about. Certainly wouldn't call him a banker.
What is it they say, never beat a good player 6-0?:lol:lol Quite fancy Cuevas to take the second set, Monaco could be a decent lay at 1.04;)