UEFA Cup 24th of April

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April

Gone for under 2.5 in the Rangers v Fiorentina game, without two of their most influential midfielders in Ferguson and Thomson I think Rangers will struggle to create many openings and have shown themselves happy with a goalless draw at Ibrox against Panathinaikos and Sporting Lisbon. Not conceding an away goal will be priority again tonight and with the Italians attacking options in Mutu and Vieri they could be up against it and I think a low scoring draw would be a decent result with a few key players out. So under 2.5 at 1.54 5/10
Was never in doubt! ;)

JC A. few corrections to some of your stats mate just incase.:ok BAYERN'S LAST 3 UEFA CUP HOME TIES 1/4 Bayern 1-1 Getafe 1st leg 1/8 Bayern 1-2 Anderlecht 2nd leg(won 1st 5-0) 1/16 Bayern 5-1 Aberdeen 2nd leg ZENIT'S LAST 3 UEFA CUP AWAY TIES 1/4 Leverkusen 1-4 Zenit 1/8 Marseille 3-1 Zenit 1/16 Villareal 2-1 Zenit FIORENTINA'S LAST 3 UEFA CUP AWAY TIES 1/4 Psv 0-2 Fiorentina 1/8 Everton 2-0 Fiorentina 1/16 Rosenborg 0-1 Fiorentina Early thinking is overs in the Bayern game. For a semi-final i can see this being a really open game with zenit looking for that all important away goal they surely feel they must need, to have any chance of progressing to the final. You have to fancy Bayern to get a goal or two and with zenit's fast flowing style they are more than capable of getting on the scoresheet themselves. Rangers certainly do not have their problems to seek with injuries, suspensions and dare i say it fatigue setting in. With captain Barry ferguson out, Rangers imo are not the same team and i think they will struggle against an in-form fiorentina side who should come into this game full of confidence and looking to sneek a narrow win. That said Rangers have an impressive home record, and will cetainly be no pushovers but with 9 players out a draw could be the best they will get. Another tight game in prospect. Probable No bet for me on this one but unders could be the one.
Just saw your post now theboybroon (I was out all day). Your are correct, it was my mistake when looking at the stats I missed a few games...still went well :). Thanks anyway :ok. :cheers JC

My bets for tomorrow: Bayern-Zenit P. Bayern has some big names but they're surely over rated here. We have to remember that the lines/odds are made to balance the action on both sides (odds makers goal) as much as possible and no doubt that Bayern is a "public team" here vs what many people might consider as a poor Russian side. IMO Bayern is the favorite of course, I'm just not so sure it will be that easy. Bayern's last 3 home UEFA Cup games: win against Aris Salonica 6-0 draw against Bolton 2-2 draw against Getafe 1-1 Zenit's last 3 away UEFA Cup games lost 1-0 at Everton won 2-3 at Larissa won 1-4 at Bayer Leverkusen Bayern played and won in extra time the German Cup last weekend, meaning it was a tough game that lasted 120 minutes. Zenit is very dangerous on the counter attack as they showed last time out against Bayer Leverkusen. My pick: away +1 AH (Asian Handicap); won G. Rangers-Fiorentina According to reports, Rangers will be without 9 first team regulars tomorrow. They are not a very offensive team and with so many players missing I think their main concern will be not to allow the Italians to score. We all know how most Italian teams play. Tight at the back and waiting for the opponent to make a mistake in order to get something from the game. That resulted in 3 draws in Fiorentina's last 3 away UEFA Cup games (1-1 at Villareal, 1-1 at AEK Athens and also at Everton). I expect a tight game with little scoring opportunities and will risk the draw. My pick: draw; won Good luck! JC
It was a good day today :ok! :cheers JC

Hi JC, Just a few points to make here, Rangers do not have 9 first team regulars out, the only first team regulers that would be guranteed to start tonight if fit would be Ferguson, Thompson, McGregor (keeper) and possibly McGregor. The rest that are out are squad players, whom only come in now and again. However I do feel that the absence of Ferguson will be a big blow for Rangers tonight. I can see the typical game that we have come to expect at Ibrox this season, 4-5-1 defensive formation from the home team, few or no goals and the visitors probably happy to have loads of possession but have no ugency to turn it into goals. My picks therefore are : UNDER 2.5 goals Small stakes on a Fiorentina win and the draw All the best with your bets.
Thanks for the update ScottishBhoy87. That was the impression I got when I read it all over the place...still a lot of players missing which would mean less options in both the 1st team and the bench. :cheers JC

A Mutu Anytime scorer 5/2 paddypower:cow Fiorentina to win 2-0 8/1 paddypower:cow Al have sum of that thank you very much:nana:beer
Any thoughts on any other games apart from betting against Rangers at every oportunity. Thought you might have finally learned a lesson with all your previous mug bets against Rangers, 3-0 4-0 to sporting being the most amusing. I bet your local bookie gets a semi everytime you walk in the shop. ONCE A MUG ALWAYS A MUG!

We're here for the purposes of cooperation, and that last post crossed the line. Gloating at other peoples losing bets simply isn't on. Please don't do it again
Just what we've come to expect from this guy unfortunatly, this and always trying to start an argument.

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Hehe,a always bet with the heart,would rather jump out a window than bet on the darkside!! Al get ma money back on sunday,and nxt thursday when Fiorentina rip yiz a new yin!!:cow

Any thoughts on any other games apart from betting against Rangers at every oportunity. Thought you might have finally learned a lesson with all your previous mug bets against Rangers, 3-0 4-0 to sporting being the most amusing. I bet your local bookie gets a semi everytime you walk in the shop. ONCE A MUG ALWAYS A MUG!

I hold my hands up and admit that i was out of order with that post. Some of his posts simply got the better of me, and i reacted in the wrong way. Oasis i can only apologise and it won't happen again.
No worries, thanks for this :ok

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April I also apologise if i upset anyone:lol but i will always bet against Rangers,no matter who they are playing,and the money i have lost betting against rangers in europe i will win back on sunday!!

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Haha:claphope to hear from you tommorow afternoon,then we'll see who the fool is

Well. If hat is your way of making money then I can honestly say you are a fool. I back/lay Celtic pretty often...

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Surely if your a betting man and one who bets with the 'head' and not there 'heart you would heve put your savings on the Bhoys on sunday:nanaI now have a nice stack to lump on the Italians this evening:clap:cow:beer:cheers C'mon the Viola!!!

I won't be having a bet tomorrow afternoon' date=' so it won't be me.[/quote']