UEFA Cup 24th of April

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Agree with you guys that Bayern shouldn't be touched. Besides the mentioned problems, Toni is suspended and I don't wanna know how results would have looked liked without him in recent games. In addition, Klose is doubtful so that scoring may become even harder than it has been anyway.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April All day at work today we've had market movements on Fiorentina due to the Rangers players being absent etc. Outright price went as did the correct scores. Only this has made my decision to get involved with tonights match, Gone for a few score results 1-0 2-0 2-1 3-0 to Fiorentina.

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April

Fiorentina are different class from every other team that Rangers have played in this competition
Nonsense. I would say that Lyon are a far better side and Rangers beat them 3-0 away. Sporting Lisbon and Werder Bremen are also just as good as Fiorentina IMO. Roskos. It will be 4-5-1 - no doubt about it. Novo will play in midfield along with, Hemdani, Davis, Whittaker and Buffel (I would imagine), with either Cousin, or JCD upfront. Carl. I would be hugely surprised if Rangers conceded 2 goals at home. That would be a major disappointment.

Nonsense. I would say that Lyon are a far better side and Rangers beat them 3-0 away. Sporting Lisbon and Werder Bremen are also just as good as Fiorentina IMO. Roskos. It will be 4-5-1 - no doubt about it. Novo will play in midfield along with, Hemdani, Davis, Whittaker and Buffel (I would imagine), with either Cousin, or JCD upfront. Carl. I would be hugely surprised if Rangers conceded 2 goals at home. That would be a major disappointment.
Alex would agree Lyon are a better outfit however they also hammered you at Ibrox 3-0 lets not forget. Think Fiorentina play in a far superior league to Sporting and I also believe they have more class than the Portugese outfit. I would agree Werder are probably just as good an outfit as Fiorentina and you beat them over two legs so there is hope for you. I would also agree DEFINATLY be 4-5-1, Walter Smith does not know how to play any other tactics. Fiorentina win for me and almost certaintly to be under 2.5 goals. GL all

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April I know he has not done this before but I think Smith might play Darchville in midfield with Cousin the lone striker, I personally dont see the point on having one of them on the bench with all the other 1st team players out.

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Thanks for your answers mates. :clap I just have noticed that English prise maker Ladbrokes, had stopped to accept bets on Rangers/Rangers in HT/FT market?! Let's wait to see what are official teams lines? GL :hope

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April bowiegod - no chance. What happens when JCD gets tired after 70mins...? He has NEVER finished a match for Rangers. I think the team will be: Alexander Papac Cuellar Dailly Broadfoot Whittaker Hemdani Davis Weir Novo Darcheville If you get a price on the likely team then that would be odds on I reckon.

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Right. Don't have time for much of a write up I am afraid... I will be AMAZED if this game ends with more than 2 goals being scored... Rangers are uber defensive at home in Europe - they play in a similar manner to the Italian teams do IMO. Fiorentina will be wary not to leave gaps at the back, with Novo on midfield and JCD using his power upfront... Rangers will take NO chances at all, a back four with Dailly and Hemdani shoring up the gap between the back 4 and the midfield. I think it will take a set piece for either team to score to be honest. This game won't be pretty on the eye, and could well be pretty boring. I won't be having a bet, don't need to... But if I was to part with my hard earned it would be split on the following bets: Rangers 1-0 @ 7/1 (Boylesports) 1pt Draw 1-1 @ 11/2 (BlueSq) 1pt Fiorentina 1-0 @ 13/2 (Boylesports) 1pt Under 2.5 goals @ 8/15 (Various) 5pts

Thanks for your answers mates. :clap I just have noticed that English prise maker Ladbrokes, had stopped to accept bets on Rangers/Rangers in HT/FT market?! Let's wait to see what are official teams lines? GL :hope
No Problem mate, thats what this site is supposed to be all about :ok Bowiegod, no chance Darchville will play midfield, think that would be suicide from Smith if he even considered it.

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April A Mutu Anytime scorer 5/2 paddypower:cow Fiorentina to win 2-0 8/1 paddypower:cow Al have sum of that thank you very much:nana:beer

You stated only 3 players that were out would DEFINATELY start. WRONG! How do you know who will DEFINATELY start. YOU DON'T McCulloch is a regular when fit and would most probably of started with adam also having a chance if fit, so that you fcuckin idiot is the false information. Away back to your can of kestrel scumbag.

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Gee wiz?? Why?? Who on earth would be crazy enough to put that bet on??:eek

Thanks for your answers mates. :clap I just have noticed that English prise maker Ladbrokes, had stopped to accept bets on Rangers/Rangers in HT/FT market?! Let's wait to see what are official teams lines? GL :hope

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Oasis, I am not joking... you must lose so much money betting...? Every bet I have seen you suggest is ALWAYS either pro Celtic or anti Rangers. I am not posting this trying to be a wide-o by the way... You should always bet with your head, not your heart... Just a wee bit of advise...!

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Team just announced:

Rangers: Alexander, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Weir, Papac, Dailly, Whittaker, Davis, Hemdani, Novo, Darcheville.
I reckon I should be Rangers manager...
I think the team will be: Alexander Papac Cuellar Dailly Broadfoot Whittaker Hemdani Davis Weir Novo Darcheville If you get a price on the likely team then that would be odds on I reckon.

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Rangers

• 13 Alexander
  • 21 Broadfoot
  • 03 Weir
  • 24 Cuellar
  • 05 Papac
  • 10 Novo
  • 28 Whittaker
  • 07 Hemdani
  • 30 Dailly
  • 35 Davis
  • 19 Darcheville
Substitutes
  • 16 Smith,
  • 04 Buffel,
  • 09 Boyd,
  • 15 Gow,
  • 22 Webster,
  • 29 Cousin,
  • 39 Faye

Fiorentina

• 01 Frey
  • 20 Jorgensen
  • 21 Ujfalusi
  • 05 Gamberini
  • 19 Gobbi
  • 22 Kuzmanovic
  • 24 Santana
  • 11 Liverani
  • 10 Mutu
  • 18 Montolivo
  • 29 Pazzini
Substitutes
  • 25 Avramov,
  • 02 Kroldrup,
  • 03 Dainelli,
  • 06 Potenza,
  • 09 Osvaldo,
  • 23 Pasqual,
  • 32 Vieri

Ref: Kyros Vassaras

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Bet lay Fiorentina @ 2.64 Betfair Although Rangers will badly miss a few 1st team players tonight they have been good in Europe this season apart from the Lyon match at home Lyon were brilliant that night. The Italians dont have to win and will be happy with an away draw I am sure as they are quite strong at home. The atmosphere at Ibrox will be electric tonight and this should spur on the Rangers players

Rangers
  • 13 Alexander
  • 21 Broadfoot
  • 03 Weir
  • 24 Cuellar
  • 05 Papac
  • 10 Novo
  • 28 Whittaker
  • 07 Hemdani
  • 30 Dailly
  • 35 Davis
  • 19 Darcheville
Substitutes
  • 16 Smith,
  • 04 Buffel,
  • 09 Boyd,
  • 15 Gow,
  • 22 Webster,
  • 29 Cousin,
  • 39 Faye

Fiorentina

• 01 Frey
  • 20 Jorgensen
  • 21 Ujfalusi
  • 05 Gamberini
  • 19 Gobbi
  • 22 Kuzmanovic
  • 24 Santana
  • 11 Liverani
  • 10 Mutu
  • 18 Montolivo
  • 29 Pazzini
Substitutes
  • 25 Avramov,
  • 02 Kroldrup,
  • 03 Dainelli,
  • 06 Potenza,
  • 09 Osvaldo,
  • 23 Pasqual,
  • 32 Vieri

Ref: Kyros Vassaras

no Rangers keeper on the bench..?? Oh Oh

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April Yep I agree with about Darch got Boyd there as well could come on later, just thought in this game Darcheville could be playing real deep and breaking quick to link up with Cousin.

bowiegod - no chance. What happens when JCD gets tired after 70mins...? He has NEVER finished a match for Rangers. I think the team will be: Alexander Papac Cuellar Dailly Broadfoot Whittaker Hemdani Davis Weir Novo Darcheville If you get a price on the likely team then that would be odds on I reckon.

Rangers 1-0 @ 7/1 (Boylesports) 1pt Draw 1-1 @ 11/2 (BlueSq) 1pt Fiorentina 1-0 @ 13/2 (Boylesports) 1pt Under 2.5 goals @ 8/15 (Various) 5pts
Just about break even with that. Still not sure why I didn't advise the old 0-0 - as that is Rangers speciality after all!!! 0-0, I'll take that.

Re: UEFA Cup 24th of April What's new? Bayern with good first 15-20 mins, and mediocre in the rest...Absolutely toothless without Toni, with 24 shots scored 1 goal. Shame Arshavin is missing the return, I would have been on Zenith to qualify. Tymoshchuk was MOM!!!

20:45 Rangers – Fiorentina

Pick: Under 2.5

Pick: Draw

Pick:Under 1.5

Rangers is very good this season. They are 1st in Scotland Premier League and they play in semi final of UEFA cup. They play in UEFA cup because they was 3rd in their group in Champions League (1st was Barca and 2nd was Lyon). In 1/16 finale of UEFA cup they played against Panathinaikos. Both times were draw (0-0 at IbroxPark and 1-1 in Greek.After that they played with Werder Bremen. At home they won 2-0 and in Germany it was 1-0 for Werder. In ¼ finale they played against Sporting. At home they played 0-0,but in Lisabon they won 2-0. As home team they are very good. They have just two lost matches (in Premier league they lost 1-0 against Hibernian and i Champions League they lost 3-0 against Lyon). At IbroxPark they play very hard,in UEFA cup they score just 2 goals and dont recieve any. But tonight they are without 7 players: Steven Naismith, DaMarcus Beasley, Charlie Adam, Lee McCulloch, Barry Ferguson (captain), Kevin Thomson, Chris Burke and Allan McGregor (goalkeeper).

Line-up:

Rangers : Alexander- Whittaker, Cuellar, McMillan, S. Smith - Davis, Hemdani, Dailly, Buffel - Novo, Cousin

Away team today is Fiorentina. Fiorentina play good this season,they are 4th in Seria A and they have 4 points more then 5thMilan. Four round of Seria A until the end of the season so they will fight until the end for the place which go in Champions League. I think they are more interesting to go to Champions League then to win UEFA cup. For now they have only one lost game in UEFA cup (2-0 against Everton at Liverpool). In group they was 2nd with 8 points (2 less then the 1st Villareal). In 1/16 finale they play with Rosenborg and they won both matches (1-0 as away team and 2-1 at home). Than they played with Everton and go in ¼ finale because Frey was excellent. They were better then PSV (1-1 at home and they won 2-0 as away team). Today they are without Donadel and Ujfalusi.

Line-up:

Fiorentina : Frey - Dainelli, Gamberini, Pasqual - Jorgensen, Liverani, Montolivo, Kuzmanovic - Santana, Mutu, Pazini

I think this will be veru hard match with little goals. Rangers is without many players. So my pick:

Draw :nana

Under 2.5 :nana

Under 1.5 :nana

FT 0-0