** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat Rat 2008

Re: Flat Rat 2008 15.50 York - Wing Collar EW 6/1 (Coral, 3 places 1/5 Odds) Heavy going here so important to concentrate on the horses with form and my pick Wing Collar definatly acts on heavy and loves the course too. Gull Wing the favourite also likes the going and is respected but the value lies with the selection imo. Wing Colla has not really been running too well as of late but ticks all the boxes today and I expect a bold show. Class 1 winner and on what looks like a winnable mark after slipping down slightly.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Flat Rat 2008 OK, got another for today 15.00 Curragh Art Connoisseur WIN (5/4, Bet365) A horse I have been following with great success, especially after his brilliant victory in the Coventry. Interesting group one this, with just 5 runners (but O'Brien still has ten runners in it :lol). Was very impressive in the Coventry over 6F and did suggest that he may have group one potential the way he quickened from the back. O'Brien does have a good record in this race but the selection should have too much for these if on form.

Re: Flat Rat 2008 14.50 - Goodwood Bouguerau WIN (12/1 Sportingbet) Only 6 got to post in this Group 3 race, and I think there is some serious value with this horse. Was third behind Donegal LTO, but was very close and this step down in trip should suit more. Has ran credible efforts in the Derby and Italian Derby. Only won once but has been running in some good races and conditions should suit here. Alan Munro has a decent record on the horse and if steps up has a big chance. 17.50 - Goodwood Frognal EW (12.00 Betfair Win, 5pts; 3.25 Place, 3 places) Ran green LTO at Sandown and was a decent enough 4th. Looked good all the same and the yards horses usually come on for the run, so I expect him to improve. A few unknown quantities in the race, but at 10/1 looks a decent EW bet. :hope

Re: Flat Rat 2008 Bouguerau was 4th, but got the place with Frognal to be slightly down on the day, although it was a very tight finish with top three within about a neck..... Bets - 37 Won - 8 Placed - 6 Lost - 23 Profit/Loss - +178.73pts Bank - 428.72pts

Re: Flat Rat 2008 16.05 - Goodwood Love Galore EW (16/1 Ladbrokes, 3 places 1/4 odds) Was looking at this race last night and had the selection, Swinging Sixties and Always Bold in a shortlist. There has been some money coming in this morning for Love Galore and may be a sign :lol. But Ladbrokes are still 16s. Has not won since winning a class 5 maiden a while back, but has been improving with distance. Last 2 runs have been over 1m2f and this has shown improvement, and has some respectable placed efforts. Murtagh looks an eyecatching booking too today, and a good value pick imo. 16.40 - Goodwood Algarade EW (8/1 Bet365, 3 places 1/4 odds) Seems to be improving,a dn won two on the counce in class 3 and 4 races before being off the pace in a listed race. That was on soft though. Step down here in class from that. Seb Sanders returns to the saddle, who seems to do well on the horse. there are no signs this distance should not suit, and looks overpriced to me. :hope

Re: Flat Rat 2008 Bueno Love Galore wins well. Good price, went off at 8/1 too, and got 16s :nana Algarade was poor. Backed into 9/2 and finished second last. Like I said before, strike rate is not the best, but backing at these prices doesn't need to be. +90 for the day Bets - 39 Won - 9 Placed - 6 Lost - 24 Profit/Loss - +268.73pts Bank - 518.72pts

Re: Flat Rat 2008 16.40 - Goodwood - Tawaash EW (10/1 Ladbrokes, 4 places 1/4 odds) Backed this horse when winning well in a maiden at Lingfield in this thread and have been keepeing an eye on since. Always though could run well at this level and today has conditions in place to run well. Trainer on form, has ideal draw and runs on the ground. Also think 7F is ideal. Won 2/3 at 7F and ran well LTO in a big field class 2 handicap to place in third.The run before that saw him run in 10th in a group 3 race, but was not too far off the pace and was respectable. One of only 2 horses in the field to have a group entry and I expect a bold show from the high draw.

Re: Flat Rat 2008 14.15 - Goodwood Tranquil Tiger EW (6.00 Win Betfair and 2.08 to place, 3 places) Competitive race this but I am siding with EW chance Tranquil Tiger who is the top rated horse in the race. Been mega-consistant thi season and won teo listed races in that, as well as a decent 4th in a group 2. Was touched off just by Lion Sands LTO, but blinkered this time and may play into his hands, as has bags of ability and speed but ssometimes can't finish the job. I believe the stat for first time blinkers is not the best but could work on a horse like TT. A few dangers imo in the Lion Sands, Sixties Icon and Stotsfold. A key stat here is every race including 4 year olds has been one by one. Was tempted to bet on Lion Sands EW too at 10/1 but decided against it, hopefully won't bite me in the ass! 15.30 - Goodwood - Regal Parade EW (22.00 Betfair Win, 5.2 place, 4 places) Won me some money two runs ago at Ascot when I tipped up at 50/1 and going to show faith again at a big price. Still on same mark as LTO, and been running very well this season in some big handicaps. Higher stalls a clear advantage but has been won from stall 8. Once again 4 yr olds have a good record too and with his exerience in these big fields and knack to get ahead is a big bet yet again. 7F may be the ideal trip, but has ran well at a mile and not worried about the trip. I do like the favourite in this, and fave has a decent record here, but this is a bigger price 17.15 - Goodwood - Clifton Dancer EW (16/1 Ladbrokes, 3 to place) Again, competitive. Horse has really been in form winning last two and trainer is confident of a good run again. He has also been in the winners himself. Last run was excellent, winning in listed company and the second in that race has gone on to win a class 2 race. Conditions will suit, and distance is fine. I expect a bold show at a big price, although as I said a few in with a shout, although some with questionable penalties.

Re: Flat Rat 2008 Just one for the day, have other fancies but just some doubts in the back of my mind 17.00 - Goodwood - Tishtar WIN (4.4 Betfair) Does have top weight but this mark may not be right. Won very well LTO and looked progressive enough. Only horse in the field to have Group 1 entries and could be destined for much better things. Stable does well in this race too. Was third first time up in a good maiden at 6F before winning at 5F LTO. Was also withdroawn from a listed race. Looks to have quality and should take the beating here.

Re: Flat Rat 2008 Putting this one up early 2.35 - Haydock - Smokey Oakey WIN (4.6 Betfair) Like the look of this with the Gd-Soft ground and more rain forecast which will be a bonus. Only two 4 yr olds in the race and last ten years have only seen 3 and 4 year old winners. Progressive horse too and has some decent form, winning well LTO at Sandown on soft. Was 6/8 before that in a class one and was seen winning a class 2 race the time before. Conditions will suit here and most are opposable with give in the ground. Distance not a problem. Tainer and jock have very good record on 4yr old plus too and just looks an excellent bet to me. Maybe more to follow......

Re: Flat Rat 2008 Very surprised. Not that Multidimensional won, but wasn't even in the top 4! One of those that looked great to me and everything seemed to be in his favour..... Bets - 45 Won - 9 Placed - 6 Lost - 30 Profit/Loss - +208.73pts Bank - 458.72pts

• 1 month later...

Re: Flat Rat 2008 16.20 Folk - Rum Jungle EW (11/2 VC Bet 3 place) Been very consistant this season at this level but still fairly lightly races. Last win was over 7F (last 2 races been over 8F and looked as though 7F would suit better), and was on the same going so conditions back to best. Jockey McDonald back on board too who won last on the horse, trainer among the winners too, and am pleased to take the horse where EW value is available. Placed in all Cl 4 races and there could still be improvement. Looking at the other horses in the race there are a lot of inconsistant types and ones who seem to be in the grip of the handicapper. 17.20 Folk - Australia Day EW (8/1 Lad, 3 places) I like the top weight here as some EW value. Dropped back in the rating slightly from LTO, where was 7th in a class 2 event, after leading most the way and fading at the end. Before that won 2 in a row after relishing this trip. Is still up from those wins though, but a little less on plate here and if allowed a lead from the front can take this and will be hard to beat. Jockey won on horse before and trainer form not a worry, going also ideal.

Re: Flat Rat 2008 4.30 Ascot - Mawatheeq WIN (2.84 Betfair) Lost its maiden tag at first time of asking on turg LTO quite comfortably and has a top pedigree. This was over a mile on Gd-Fm too. Could poentially make a mockery of this mark on first handicap outing. The form of that maiden has worked out well too with the third winning well. Trainer on form too, the favourite has won this race on the last two runs and looks a good thing.

Re: Flat Rat 2008 2.30 Ascot - Orizaba WIN (10/3 Lad) Haven't got much time today as off out shortly, but a good horse who is proven at this level winning well LTO. Performed well in the Coventry too finishing fifth and although this is a step up in trip looks like he can handle this. Could be a furlong too far but 10/3 screams at me as obviously has class. 3.40 Ascot - Skhilling Spirit EW (33/1 Lad) Strong finisher back to prefered distance and ran well in the gold cup. If everything in favour can take this at a big price as is proven to run well. Proven at the highest level and ground fine. 5.25 Ascot - Missoula EW (20/1 Skybet) Has won here before and distance suits. Provenstayer and should be involved off a good mark at what seems to be a large price. Ground fine also.

Re: Flat Rat 2008 4.40 Sailsbury Blue Jack EW (14/1 Lad, 3 places 1/4) Been some big price winners in this race over the years and I'm taking a chance with another here. Muir has been amongst the winners recently even if the horse is not really in form. Ground will suit after two very close seconds a few runs ago. Actually placed in 4/9 on turf mainly in this class, and with a good draw I see no reason why he cannot go close here.