** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WoodyTHFC Flat Season 2008

Re: WoodyTHFC Flat Season 2008 Staked 9047pts Returned 9452.64pts P/L +405.64 Yield +4.48% Strike rate 34.61% (190/549) Last day for the thread. Don 2.05 Surrealism 7/1 lad 7.5 pts e.w Caught my eye lto when beating a horse I have followed loads of times and who has often run with credit without quite winning in Ainia. Was a good duel between the two as well with the pair being several lengths clear of the rest. She will need to step up on that again today (if this was a handicap she would be getting 20+ pounds from some of these) but its very possible given that she showed good improvement from her second run to her third and she does have the distinct advantage of being in good recent form which cannot be said for a lot of these and for a filly at this time of year that is a real benefit. Interchange is another one I like and she was close lto but Im not quite sure why she is dropping back in trip myself. 3.10 Tastahil 14/1 lad 7.5 pts e.w Very consistent horse this year who has been a bit unlucky not to win. Showed right from the start ability to handle soft ground when chasing home the then good thing bankable over a mile before running into more well handicapped horses such as folk opera (grade 1 winner now) and in front of supaseus (listed asc. winner) then ran into muhannak (breeders cup winner) before a good run over c and d in very similar conditions behind magicalmysterytour who he is weighted to overturn that form today. Lto was a slowly run and messy race and is easily forgotten but before that hills' runner had numerous solid efforts without quite winning and whilst the handicapper hasnt given him any slack, he still looks a solid option today and not impossible at all to think he could go one or two better. 3.45 Charm School 8/1 var bog 7.5 pts e.w Bolted up over 7f on soft ground on his maiden and looked a possible star. Indeed trainer had a st james' palace entry for a long time and that is significant considering the horses he had for that race. Was a bit unlucky in a slowly run race at san. but still mixed it with some good types such as genearl elliot and steele tango. Then had a lay off before getting no run on the a/w and then a better effort when third and behind axiom over just over a mile. Gets a pull with that runner today which offers some encouragement to overcome that form but its the drop back in trip and very soft ground which give me further encouragement. Its not hard to forget the complete ease of its fto victory in very similar conditions and I just wonder if returning to similar conditions could be the key.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WoodyTHFC Flat Season 2008 Staked 9092pts Returned 9508.89pts P/L +416.89 Yield +4.58% Strike rate 34.78% (192/552) Those are the final figures for such a long season that started back in March and Im very happy with those figures. With so many bets it is no easy to achieve profit so to do so is satisfying. Had a decent start and pretty much stayed on profit from quite early on in the season even though it levelled off a bit during a poor goodwood especially for me. An interesting point about the figures is that the main majority of my profit came from the group 1 races where I was over 450 pts up overall. Now it is a bit misleading as I often upped stakes for the group 1s and was forunate enough to have good success in the main whilst doing so and therefore gain a healthy profit but still it is an area which I might look into further on its own in the future.

Re: WoodyTHFC Flat Season 2008 :okits a great strike rate over that many bets, anything above 30% is top class. The yield shows a profit also which again over that many bets is hard to achieve. Your dedication to this thread has been second to none, well done & keep up the good work.