Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 16th

WEST RIDGE 2.20 Fontwell. 1 point win. Looks the one to me now that Crocodile's Rock has pulled out. Needs to prove his fitness after a layoff, but Brendan Powell can get them ready, and he does have the bumper form to warrant plenty of respect in context with this poor looking race. Was highly tried on his hurdling debut when last seen in a class 3 event at Ascot, so although he pulled up, it shows they think a bit of him, so this weak looking race 'should' be within his capabilities. The soft ground's a slight concern, but being out of 'Ridgewood Ben' who handled it well enough does him chances of handling it, so if that's the case and he's fit enough, then he should be too good for his rivals.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 16th my best bet of the day would be cava bien 255 font. 3 runners and has best form on offer. likes the ground and trip. can track the pace of explosive fox, or lead himself, so race tactics not a worry. should be too good for two rivals if jumping safe.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 16th 4.00 Fontwell - Kiltimoney E/W 130034.gif Bookies again go blind on the McCoy mount and 4/1 and 10/3 are not fair prices. Horse won lto and will be running off top weight on soft ground over 3m4f. I think it will be a struggle especially if you take into consideration some of the other challangers. I am going for Kiltimoney, who was beaten fair and square last time. Golden Oak was carrying 10-11 that day and today it will be 11-12. A stone more on this soft surface + Kiltimoney 4lbs low with the confidence of the talanted claimer after his Cheltenham winner. I can see my selection going close today and making up these 16 lenghts, which are down to the unsuatable ground than anything else. Horse was still plugging and trying his best. On favourite ground a place at least is my expectation.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 16th

17:00 Fontwell - CLEYMOR HOUSE Only 6 runners now. Cleymor House ran twice so far this month, winning both. Trip not a problem, and looking at the form and stats of the others in the field I think the hatrick is in the bag.
Sorry, just to make it clear, that's a WIN bet. :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 16th 4.00 Fontwell. Golden Oak. Lay. (Racing Post F/C 11/4) Not the most consistent, and can be a very awkward ride. Did well last time in first time blinkers, and again wears them today, but I'm not a lover of horses following up second time in blinkers as they wise up to them. Also the weigths demand at least a repeat of last time's effort, so with a few better weighted rivals in the race with roughly the same sort of chance, it's the value call to lay at the tissue 11/4. If he wins, then hats off to him.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 16th 4.00 Fontwell - Master Alf EW 28 furlongs on heavy going is a right slog, so I've taken out anything on 11 stone plus, the 6 year olds, the French breds and the old timer aged 13. left me a shortlist of Kiltimony. Master Alf and Strolling Vagabond. The handicapper appears to have 'got' Kiltimony.........29 lbs up since his last win. He's had seven runs since, not won, but the handicapper keeps putting him up. Master Alf is the unexposed one, just 4 career runs. Last time out he finished 4 lengths behind Kiltimoney and 'running on' at the finish. He's more likely to improve than the exposed ones and looks a decent EW shot..... Strolling Vagabond is a CD winner who goes on heavy ground. This years form doesn't look great .......5 runs, 3 PUs and a 96 length beating lto........but his best run was in that race won by Kiltimoney and he's now 16lbs better off for a 5L defeat. Current form is the big worry but he has his ideal conditions today, so no excuses. Just couldn't back anything with such shocking recent form This morning's prices have Kiltimony at 11/2, Strolling Vagabond at 15/2 and Master Alf at 16/1 At those odds Master Alf EW looks a decent bet

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 16th Fontwell 16:00 Strolling Vagabond E/W @ 20/1 Ok, here's my case! This is a horse for course, loves it here. Last years winner in this race. No problem whatsoever with the ground. Was following it when it was Non Runner LTO a couple of weeks. I got the impression it was a Non Runner with this particular race in sight. Trainer might have decided to save everything for today. The concern is the form... dreadful form last couple of months, but we see this time and time again in horse racing. They are so out of form, but they come to win a race they have previously won, just because they love it! Goldstein rides and really knows this horse. 20/1 is a very very juicy E/W Price, which I think is terribly overpriced all things considered! but hey, at the price, I have to NAP it :)

Fontwell 16:00 Strolling Vagabond E/W @ 20/1 Ok, here's my case! This is a horse for course, loves it here. Last years winner in this race. No problem whatsoever with the ground. Was following it when it was Non Runner LTO a couple of weeks. I got the impression it was a Non Runner with this particular race in sight. Trainer might have decided to save everything for today. The concern is the form... dreadful form last couple of months, but we see this time and time again in horse racing. They are so out of form, but they come to win a race they have previously won, just because they love it! Goldstein rides and really knows this horse. 20/1 is a very very juicy E/W Price, which I think is terribly overpriced all things considered! but hey, at the price, I have to NAP it :)
Currently best price @ stanjames 11/1, but yesterday night was 18/1.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 16th Hi Bigs, If your gonna post a price at least have the courtesy to state who it's with as stated immediately after your post the best price available is 11/1 ? Regards,

Fontwell 16:00 Strolling Vagabond E/W @ 20/1 Ok, here's my case! This is a horse for course, loves it here. Last years winner in this race. No problem whatsoever with the ground. Was following it when it was Non Runner LTO a couple of weeks. I got the impression it was a Non Runner with this particular race in sight. Trainer might have decided to save everything for today. The concern is the form... dreadful form last couple of months, but we see this time and time again in horse racing. They are so out of form, but they come to win a race they have previously won, just because they love it! Goldstein rides and really knows this horse. 20/1 is a very very juicy E/W Price, which I think is terribly overpriced all things considered! but hey, at the price, I have to NAP it :)

Hi Bigs, If your gonna post a price at least have the courtesy to state who it's with as stated immediately after your post the best price available is 11/1 ? Regards,
Think bigs was correcting the price in the 2nd post mate. :ok

4.00 Fontwell - Kiltimoney E/W 130034.gif Bookies again go blind on the McCoy mount and 4/1 and 10/3 are not fair prices. Horse won lto and will be running off top weight on soft ground over 3m4f. I think it will be a struggle especially if you take into consideration some of the other challangers. I am going for Kiltimoney, who was beaten fair and square last time. Golden Oak was carrying 10-11 that day and today it will be 11-12. A stone more on this soft surface + Kiltimoney 4lbs low with the confidence of the talanted claimer after his Cheltenham winner. I can see my selection going close today and making up these 16 lenghts, which are down to the unsuatable ground than anything else. Horse was still plugging and trying his best. On favourite ground a place at least is my expectation.
Bit of a gamble here. Started a fav at 7/2 and ran a good 2nd. Found the winner too good, but I am happy with my early price and the run.

17:00 Fontwell - CLEYMOR HOUSE Only 6 runners now. Cleymor House ran twice so far this month, winning both. Trip not a problem, and looking at the form and stats of the others in the field I think the hatrick is in the bag.
It didn't half drift. Was Evens when I posted this and went off at 2/1, still with BOG I'm not complaining! :nana