ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Much better yesterday going 3-1. Favs look good today.... LJUBICIC @ 1.7 Betfair. Couple of former top 10 players do battle here and I'm just about willing to take Ljubicic at this price. He's been up and down this year but has got a few wins and coming through in a couple of tight sets against Cilic is pretty decent. He's got a solid record here, losing out only to Roddick and Federer twice in the last 3 years. Robredo came through a war with Massu for only his second win (apart from Davis Cup) this season and looks to be really struggling. Ljubicic has a nice 4-1 H2H but Robredo won the last meeting in 2006 when both were in much better shape. Ljubicics ranking has slipped further, but he looks to be playing slightly better this year than Robredo who has pretty much no form coming into this. ANCIC @ 1.67 Pinnacle. I watched Ancic in his last match against Gonzalez and I thought he was excellent, especially at the start of the third set he just took complete control. He was more aggressive than I've seen him from the back and was hitting extremely well. A similar strategy tonight an he should be able to overwelm Ferrero. Ferrero came through comfortably against ToJo and I said I fancied him on this surface but I just think Ancic has a lot more to offer here. H2H is 3-0 to Ferrero but all a long time ago when Ferrero was better and Ancic was worse. HEWITT @ 1.98 Pinnacle. Always seems risky taking Hewitt these days but I'm willing to have a go here. He looked good in the last round against in-form Querrey and has an excellent 25-6 here which makes sense as this should be a good hard court for him. Youzhny has been in pretty poor form lately, and I'm not sure about his win over Simon in last round. First set was tight then Simon was 4-1 up in the second and lost 5 games in a row so that looks like the Frenchman really fell apart. It should be good for his confidence and he has the ability off the ground to make this a very entertaining contest, but I just feel Hewitt should be a fav here, around 1.75. HAAS @ 1.61 Pinnacle. Exceptional win in the last round for Haas over Roddick showing that his shoulder is OK now. Could be a let down spot for him here but I think after the time out and time struggling he'll be really hungry for success. He has an excellent record against lefties going 32-11 since 2000 and I think lefties are just good match-ups for him. The lefty cross court forehand goes into his backhand which was really firing against Roddick and he can control rallies using his forehand into the lefties backhand. Verdasco had a big struggle in the last round against Hanescu which is rather poor and Haas should have far too much class here.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Hi guys, following picks for today and tomorrow: WTA TOUR, PACIFIC OPEN, INDIAN WELLS DAVENPORT TO D BARTOLI @ 1.35 at betfair Davenport likes playing offensive opponents (and hates playing against defensive opponents). She is always very good on US hard courts and simply has too much power for Bartoli. WTA TOUR, PACIFIC OPEN, INDIAN WELLS HANTUCHOVA TO D MIRZA @ 1.4 at interwetten Hantuchova is having a very good 2008 reaching SF of Australian Open and being unlucky losing to Ivanovic there. Just yesterday she told the press that Indian Wells is probably her favorite tournament having won it a few years ago.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Taking a shot at a big price in the ladies.... SCHIAVONE @ 5.5 Will Hill. Not sure about Ivanovic lately, her form seems to have dipped since the Aussie Open. She dropped the a set in the first round against Olaru which is quite poor and Schiavone has the game to take advantage. If it's windy and the courts are slow that's a bad combination for Ivanovic and a very good one for Schiavone. Schiavone has showed some form this year, have to point out the massive win over Henin. Anything like that form and Ivanovic will have big problems. I think it's worth a shot at this price.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March

BTW what is your thought about Denko match? Do you see any chance that Fish can get something out of this match?
Not really. Just the way Davydenko returns I can see Fish having problems holding serve. The match is pretty much all about Fish's first serve % and I don't fancy him. Not a fan of Davydenko at short price though!

Taking a shot at a big price in the ladies.... SCHIAVONE @ 5.5 Will Hill. Not sure about Ivanovic lately, her form seems to have dipped since the Aussie Open. She dropped the a set in the first round against Olaru which is quite poor and Schiavone has the game to take advantage. If it's windy and the courts are slow that's a bad combination for Ivanovic and a very good one for Schiavone. Schiavone has showed some form this year, have to point out the massive win over Henin. Anything like that form and Ivanovic will have big problems. I think it's worth a shot at this price.
I'm taking the Schiavone +5 games @ 2.00 on bet365. Looks like value to me for the reasons you gave.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March guys i have read a few guys on other forums going for Ferrero against Nalbandian, H2H is 3-2 for ferrero, and last 3 were won by ferrero !! including at the Australian Open in 3 sets (6-1 6-2 6-3) !! what do you think ?

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March i'll also back Ferrero in this one..watched and not impressed of Nalba's form recently , especially in the last one.And the performance of ferrero against a good Ancic in a tight game encouraged me to back him . the only concern for me is the condition of JCF due three sets yesterday , will decide in the afternoon.. + waiting for different opinions about nadal&tsonga game :D will be interesting after AO ;)

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March FERRERO v Nalbandian @ 2.1 Stan James. I backed Ferrero @ 3.00 when these guys met in the Aussie Open and Ferrero gave out a massive beating on Nalbandian. This is quite a change in price since then but I think it's OK, I'd actually make Ferrero a slight fav. Ferrero was excellent against Ancic yesterday in a real high quality match. I'm slightly concerned that that match was so intense he could be a little flat today, but that's my only concern. Nalbandian looks to be nowhere near the form he showed late last year, and we have to be honest he looks a little fat (even for him!). He's struggled a lot so far needing a final set breaker against Gulbis which is very poorand Stepanek where he lost a set 6-0 which is also very poor! He can move through the gears during a tournament, but I think he's going to find it very hard today against an on-form Ferrero. NADAL v Tsonga @ 1.73 Pinnacle. This is another Aussie Open rematch, and this time I'm going for some revenge. Simply Tsonga isn't anywhere near the level he was in Oz, perhaps he never will be. He was reasonable against Mathieu, but wasn't getting the same pop from his serve and was missing more than we saw at the Australian Open. I've been pretty impressed with Nadal so far, he's beaten a couple of chumps but his game has looked decent in doing so. But one of the main reasons behind this bet is that this is Indian Wells, Nadal is 14-2 here, including winning the title last year without dropping a set. This is his hard court, and tonight he shows Tsonga who's boss.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKuznetsova - Radwanska
SelectionKuznetsova
Strength10/10
Date19/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.42 (Back)
ReasoningKuznetsova looks simply better here at Indian Wells.Radwanska looks tired as hell after these tournaments she played in the previous weeks.And we have all seen at US Open and Australian Open how she plays when she is tired.She is just losing heavily then.Like against Peer at US Open or against Hantuchova at AO.More to that Kuznetsova is just better player and she is last year finalist.She feels great here at IW and I just can't see her losing this match.She shouldn't lose two times in a row against Agnieszka imo.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March decided to stay away from Gasquet game but if i would bet on it , that would be Gasquet because of his good start in this tournament and h2h is 2-0 to gasquet without droping a set.odds didn't seem so attractive so decided to leave it and watch.

Event Murray v Haas
Selection HAAS
Strength 5/10
Date 19/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.98 (Back)
Reasoning Tommy Haas will be happy with the form that has taken him this far in the competition, and Murray looks edgy. He admitted he was angry in his match against Karlovic and emotions look to be running high. This looks to be an even match up between the two players on form and with Murray looking edgy and Haas surprising, I would rather side with the German

Event Canas v Djokovic
Selection CANAS
Strength 5/10
Date 19/03/2008
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 5.30 (Back)
Reasoning When Canas is on form, he can be very difficult to beat. He managed to pull off a victory against Federer last year and is strong when he plays well> Djokovic is a great upcoming player, but Canas has experience on his side and may be too much for Djokovic. Cracking price anyhow and Canas looks value.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March GASQUET @ 1.71 Pinnacle. Gasquet has been in incredible form so far, totally destroying Soderling and Chela. This court, with these balls really suit his game perfectly. He's serving extremely well and his groundstrokes are really firing. Blake has been OK so far, dropping a set against Gicquel and beating Moya in straights. I watched both, and especially the Moya match didn't think he was near top form. I was really disappointed in Moya, thought he was very average. H2H is 2-0 to Gasquet, both comfortable wins on hard courts but neither in the US. I just think this one matches up well for Gasquet, when they get into rallies he can control them as he gets a lot of penetration with his backhand and can really pin Blake back. I'd be really surprised if Gasquet loses this one, I think he should be around the 1.50 mark. HEWITT @ 1.6 VC. Really like Hewitt in this one. Mentioned yesterday about Hewitts excellent record here and he did really well coming from a break down in the first set to take care of Youzhny. I think this is a good match up for Hewitt, unless Fish serves extremely well. Would have said the same yesterday about Davydenko against Fish, but the dodgy Russian was pathetic. Fish has done well so far here but can't help but think this price overly factors in that win over Davydenko.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Anybody watch the Nadal/Tsonga match? WOW:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Indian Wells, Nadal is 14-2 here, including winning the title last year without dropping a set. This is his hard court, and tonight he shows Tsonga who's boss.
Nadals hard court:dude

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Wawrinka to beat djokovic tonight at a HUGE 6/1 with betfred. Waited all tournament for value and feel it is in this match up, Wawrinka has been very consistant in the tournament so far, noticably beating baghdatis very convincingly, only losing a set on a tie break which could of gone any way. He also goes into this game with nothing to lose against a djokovic who himself will feel he should win, and has been very up and down of late, watched his last game with canas and canas was very poor, should of broke at least once in the first and had several break points in the 2nd. For me wawrinka will show how much of an improved player he is tonight and at 6/1 he must be got on. My tip: Wawrinka to win

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Pretty rough day yesterday:sad Djokovic v Wawrinka UNDER 21.5 games @ 1.83 Skybet. Can't see Stan keeping this one close. He's had four 3 set matches coming into this and I thought he was average against Lee. Djokovic wasn't great in his first match against Seppi but seems to have stepped up since then and I fancy him for a very strong performance here. Wawrinka tries to move guys around with his backhand but Djokovic is so strong from the back I see him dominating most of the rallies. Canas had a lot of problems returning Djokovics serve and I can't see Wawrinka doing any better. Taking the under 21.5 here as I think it's a little better than the -4.5 games for Djokovic. BLAKE @ 2.1 Coral. Last year in Madrid Nadal played a really intense match against Murray, then the next day was awful against Nalbandian. Same thing in Paris eating Baghdatis then awful against Nalbandian. Same in Chennai against Moya then awful against Youzhny. Really intense match against Tsonga yesterday, wouldn't want to be backing him today. Blake leads the H2H 3-0 and clearly has the game that gives Nadal a lot of problems. I wasn't sure about Blakes form, but he really stepped up against Gasquet and should be full o confidence coming into this one. I've already said that this is Nadals hard court, but it's just so tough to fancy him today in this match up. Taking it at a 1 ball bookie but the price is pretty standard.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Hi all not posted for ages.Anyone else think that Haas +6 on the handicap against Federer is a bit generous BET365 have it at 1.90 got to be worth a dabble. Haas has been playing ok and his record against Fed is not that bad.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Bet365 have a tie so it's really like +5.5. Actually like the other side but only at -4.5 (nice 6-4 6-3 and we both win:tongue2) FEDERER -4.5 @ 1.83 Will Hill. Haas has done excellently so far, putting shoulder problems behind him and beating Roddick and Murray is very impressive. But I can see him going out with a bit of a whimper today. I don't like the way he started against Murray, he looked poor for a set going down 6-2 and it was more of Murrays bad play that let him back in the match. He improved after that, but it was at the same time Murray went more defensive and allowed Haas to control most of the rallies. Federer won't do that, and because of that I see Haas struggling. Federer has been excellent this week, he looks to be over his fitness problems and on a mission to show he is the man (although he may be opposable in the semis and/or final!). I see him stepping up his game again today and doing a clinical job on Haas. H2H since Federer became great is a mixed bag of Federer battering him but more often Haas keeping it close, I just think today is time for another battering. NALBANDIAN -2.5 @ 1.83 Will Hill. This just seems like a piece of value, as most places go -3.5 or -4. Nalbandian had a couple of shocking matches before destroying Ferrero, and this run now starts to remind me of Madrid last year. After early problems he stepped up and played some of his best tennis ever. Also a possible semi against Federer must be in his mind and I'm sure he'll be wanting that. Fish, to be fair, has got some excellent results so far. Really surprised me beating Davydenko and Hewitt and must fancy his chances here. I'm still not certain, when his first serve % drops he always seems vunerable, and Nalbandian should be attacking him on the second serve more than Hewitt and Davy. Just like getting the -2.5 here.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March KUZNETSOVA @ 3.34 Pinnacle. This looks an absolutely massive price on Kuzzy. She has come through the last couple of matches easily and looks to be playing her best stuff of the year. But this is more a play against Sharapova. Sharapova has been very poor in her last couple of matches, just having the mental edge over her opponents to come through. Don't think she'll have that today against Kuznetsova. H2H is 4-3 to Sharapova with quite a mixed bag of results, and I want to be on Kuznetsovas side today. JANKOVIC @ 2.5 Pinnacle. Expect this to be a really close match up. I haven't been impressed with Ivanovic this week, she seems to have gone backwards since the Aussie Open and Jankovic looks a bad match for her on this surface. Jankovic has had a pretty easy draw so far with Davenport having to retire, but she's put away the opposition comfortably. I think that's important, she's looked really comfortably on court this week, dealing with the conditions well and I think she'll do well tonight. H2H is 4-1 to Ivanovic but on hard courts 1-1 both close matches.

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Aggree with everything you say Mr I.Federer will almost certainly win but i'm thinking that Haas can keep the sets tight. Makes me nervous that you think Federer will batter Haas as you are usually excellent with your picks. 6-4 6-3 will be just fine ;0)

Re: ATP & WTA Indian Wells 12th - 23rd March Well I also thought Djokovic would batter Wawrinka but he played like a **** for a set:lol:lol. Least he stepped up to take it under 21.5:tongue2. If Haas serves first you could have Fed breaking 1 more time in the first set and 2 more times in the second and still get a 6-4 6-3 battering:D

EventMardy Fish v David Nalbandian
SelectionMardy Fish
Strength10/10
Date21/03/2008
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 3.40 (Back)
ReasoningFinally! It has been a long time since we wait for Mardy Fish at such a level of competition. This very talented player often disappointed. But he had already indeed finishes the US tour last year by reaching in finale of New Haven and here to Indian Wells he makes a remarkable tournament by beating Andreev, Davydenko and Hewitt. As often with Nalbandian we do not know in what expect.But he will have to be otherwise at the top, if not he will have a lot of problem in front of the American which will have the support of the public. Nalbandian will often be in danger on his service while Fish should win more easily points on its serve.