** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis Masters Madrid

Quite surprised the whole thing starts tomorrow and there is no thread. Surely it's because the easier ones are not priced up yet, but I have a fancy even out of the few ones which have been priced up. MAYER to bt Soderling @ 2.5 best price If Soderling is still carrying the shoulder injury is not known to me, but he is sure far from his best. The trick is when he won the tourny a fortnight ago, he wondered himself how he could finish the final as he was treated BEHIND THE SCENES (no on court) in the semis. Following this, he lost @ heavy odds on to Volandri in the first round. At the price, I'd fancy up and coming Mayer to add to his sores. Corretja who is past his best should also lose to David Ferrer, but I am leaving this one alone as local players always to to play out of their skins due to local support.

Re: Tennis Masters Madrid I have opted for a Ginepri-Mirnyi-Calleri treble which fetches 2.20 at Ladbrokes. While Ginepri and Mirnyi are not world beaters, I'd be hard pressed to imagine their opponents actually getting anything from this matches - Rascon looks as though he's been to Mars and back having recorded just 11 matches(with a 2-9 W-L record to boot) at the ripe old age of 31. As for Sanchez, I honestly can't see how he's going to live with the big serving Mirnyi who has seemed rejuvenated of late. Calleri should also have little trouble seeing off the ageing Dupuis who isn't exactly the greatest hardcourt player around. Also, I like the look of Corretja to beat Ferrer. While Ferrer is an up-and-coming player, I honestly don't see him having the experience and the pedigree on hardcourt to take this match at a canter as his odds would suggest - moreover, Corretja just beat him on hardcourt earlier this year. This one looks 50-50 to me and I'm on Corretja for the odds more than anything. 8pts on a Ginepri-Mirnyi-Calleri treble @ 2.19 5 pts on a Corretja-Mirnyi-Ginepri treble @ 2.83

Re: Tennis Masters Madrid Ok, big tourny means time to get involved again :b 5pts Sangunetti tb Nadal 2-1 @ 5.50 Bet365/PP 7pts Nadal tb Sangunetti 2-1 @ 4.00 Bet365/PP Nadal is no doubt the better player really, and a much better prospect for the future, but Sanguinetti has been playing well of late and Nadal has not been off the clay very long. I feel this could well be a close match. Works out 2.32 :)

Re: Tennis Masters Madrid 10pts Canas tb Vliegen @ 1.33 BlueSq This might not look a big price but I really think it is...Tote are along the right lines with 2/9 but even that is pretty big considering Canas will win. He's playing really well of late and Vliegen just hasn't got the weapons to beat the Argentinian from the back. Very strong bet. :D

Re: Canas 3pts Safin tb Koubek 2-1 @ 4.00 Bet365/PP This is scheduled to start tonight. Bit risky this one but I feel it's worth a bet. Koubek has not won 3 matches in ANY tournament this year :eek :eek and this is his 3rd match here. He is however, a fighting player who often goes 3 or 5 sets. Safin should beat him, but I quite fancy it to go the distance. Could cover the 2-1 Koubek too but I just think the Russian will have too much. :b

Ljubicic to beat Nalbandian Personally, I think Ljubicic represents some value to take out Nalbandian at 2.50(Ladbrokes). :b Nalbandian was defeated by an in-form Canas in the quarters of some ATP event last week and although he has recovered pretty well to reach the semis of the Madrid Masters beating Soderling, Srichaphan and Dent in straight sets, I think Ljubicic has been the player in better form given the route he has taken to reach the semis having beaten Berdych(2-0), Schuettler(2-0), Henman(2-1) and J Johansson(2-1) along the way. :b 2.50 is just too much for Ljubicic and surely, there's no way we could give that a miss. :ok