** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League (Mar 11th)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Champions League (Mar 11th)

inter chairman said ' if we have to win 15-0 we would win 15. ' inter will terminate liverpool
With all respect to your choice, the Inter Chairman is well - known for almost knowing nothing, a typical example of loaded moneybag who interferes with selection, transfers etc, no wonder he picked himself a Manager who keeps his mouth shut when the Boss speaks. A title by administration and another one with no domestic competition simply because these were the years in Italy when it was Inter's time to spend. Inter's best performances in Europe are long way from now imo, certainly not with this Manager and a patched - up squad with big names - such model doesn't work for long, Lazio made it to the title like this once and that was it ( having a better manager ). IMO the best Inter could do is to take the game into OT, as they are meeting a team who made it twice to the Final recently. Such things need no further comment!!! Chairman's morale - boosting yabba-dabba is out of place when facts speak, and the facts are in favour of Liverpool... Benitez has it on a plate - a good Cup result in the first leg plus his experience and a good team. Inter have to attack, furthermore they would love an early goal - exactly the kind of play Rafa likes and with some luck this could be a game similar to Real - Roma or Barca - L'pool some time ago. All Benitez needs to do is watch Inter's last 5-6 domestic games - they do not look good at the back!!! Certain missings in defence can't be an excuse for a team the size of Inter - the games away to Napoli and Samp and at home vs Parma and Roma to me were all a prove that a well - organised zone defending with fast breaks makes Inter struggle. When this happens they either rely on a ref's gifts or on the genious of Zlatan. Only chance for Inter is an early goal, a 1-0 lead ( OR MORE ) by HT with another Manager might be the end of L'pool. But Mancini vs Rafa ?!?! If Benitez fails this one it will be against all my understanding of football - either L'pool will get robbed or it is time for Rafa to go... No bet for me, maybe a couple of CS late ones for fun ( 3-1, 3-2, 2-2 ) and all my :hope for the Scousers.

Re: Champions League (Mar 11th) Match: Inter - Liverpool Pick: over 2.5 Price: 2.24 @ betfair I cannot believe the price. With Torres up front and Liverpool scoring a lot lately. The first game almost went into over. The Inter will be pushing up so hard to put at least 2 goals. This will open up spaces for fast counter attacks. I really does not understand this price for over.

But Liverpool have a record of doing what it takes and 0-0 or 1-0 will do them I wouldnt expect Liverpool to offer too much going forward
Ok. But if they pull back and defend sooner or later they will break. It is true for every team. And if it goes into 1:0 they will want to score to assure passing through.

Match: Inter - Liverpool Pick: over 2.5 Price: 2.24 @ betfair I cannot believe the price. With Torres up front and Liverpool scoring a lot lately. The first game almost went into over. The Inter will be pushing up so hard to put at least 2 goals. This will open up spaces for fast counter attacks. I really does not understand this price for over.
Disagree, heavily! Under 2.5 would be much superior. Liverpool will hold up play, wasting as much time as they can, happy with a 0-0, as long as they are through. Don't say i told you so Bad move, but best of luck

Re: Champions League (Mar 11th) Liverpool Loss of Materazzi has huge implications and especialy as Chivu is struggling for fitness. Look for Liverpool to it back and let Inter come at them. This should allow the Reds to hit them on the counterattack where the Reds can hit them, using the pace of Torres and the support play of Gerrard. Liverpool have been in very good domestic form lately and Inter have somewhat dipped in form since their loss in the first leg.

Disagree, heavily! Under 2.5 would be much superior. Liverpool will hold up play, wasting as much time as they can, happy with a 0-0, as long as they are through. Don't say i told you so Bad move, but best of luck
What do you base that on? I read this morning that Benitez has stated Liverpool will look to attack as early as possible. In the interview he admitted that no team could ever sit back and defend for 90 minutes without conceding to this Inter team. The overs is fairly feesable considering Liverpool games have gone over 5 out of the last 6 games, and we all know Liverpool can score and often pull it off for the big games....if they score, Inter will have to push forward, however if Inter score, Liverpool will too have to push forward otherwise they risk Inter scoring a second and pushing the game into extra time, which no team would want....so back a 0-0 or the overs in my opinnion.

Re: Champions League (Mar 11th) Only chance of Inter Milan getting through this game is if they buy the Ref like they did in 1965 - however hopefully there'll be no stinking corrupt decisions like that game!!! Liverpool I think will win tonight's game as we are in form and Gerrard and Torres have been awesome together in our last 5 wins. Inter Milan can only come out and attack and that will be their undoing as Liverpool will counter attack in lightning breaks - who in Inter's defence can cope with Torres? Odds on Liverpool win 100/30 look good also bet worth a shot at is Liverpool half-time + full-time 17/2 Totesport odds :hope

inter chairman said ' if we have to win 15-0 we would win 15. ' inter will terminate liverpool

Re: Champions League (Mar 11th) Liverpool to score @1.65 As Benitez said (mind you, it's the first time I agree with the man ;)): they will concede to Inter sooner or later. Their sensible option is to score one and shut the game. Even if they concede one or two in the process the away goal will virtually guarantee their safe-passage. With Inter having to have a go at the goal (jee, do you English ever speak such things ;)), the shaky Inter defence is bound to yield to in-form Torres or Gerrard's longshot. Hopefully. :hope

Re: Champions League (Mar 11th) well I have a feeling about inter tonight and I think they will score 4 goals but I am not saying that they'll pass so it's an over for sure and if u ask me for an exact score I would say 4-3. Both teams will attack and they will be vulnerable to counter attacks.

Re: Champions League (Mar 11th) :welcomekozmask to PL Beauty of PL we all have our opinions :loon, but Liverpool shipping 4 goals come on??? Do you really believe that! Inter are looking good in a now mediocre league! Italian league is well off Premiership and La Liga and it is no coincendence this all stems from authorities cottoning on to all the corruption that had been going on there for decades! I think it will be a good while before another Italian team reach the pinnacle of European Champions again domestically and Internationally. Inter are no better than Blackburn in our premiership which would get them to about 6th or 7th in the premiership... Liverpool will triumph to the next round and join the other 3 premiership teams.

well I have a feeling about inter tonight and I think they will score 4 goals but I am not saying that they'll pass so it's an over for sure and if u ask me for an exact score I would say 4-3. Both teams will attack and they will be vulnerable to counter attacks.

well I have a feeling about inter tonight and I think they will score 4 goals but I am not saying that they'll pass so it's an over for sure and if u ask me for an exact score I would say 4-3. Both teams will attack and they will be vulnerable to counter attacks.
You think a 2nd leg where a Benitez team is 2-0 up will finish 4-3? I'll have some of what you're drinking please. For what its worth, I fancy Liverpool to get something out of this, and may back them DNB. Even before being reduced to 10, Inter looked poor, and will probably be without their 2 main central defenders. In many ways its set up perfectly for Liverpool - soak up pressure, then release Torres, Gerrard et al to break quickly. With Liverpool hitting form just as Inter seem to lose their way, the 2/1 or so you can get on DNB seems a good punt. Inter are top of the league, but there form since the Xmas break is not outstanding; every team they has beaten has been from the bottom half, they have failed to win against a top half team each time they have played one in 2008. They looked poor even before being reduced to 10 and now face this leg without Materazzi and probably without Chivu too. They have to come at Liverpool, which should mean space behind for Torres to run into on the break. And then there is the "history" factor - Liverpool's players will come into this thinking it is their right to go through, Inter's will be trying to ignore the thoughts that they are just another disappointing Inter team in Europe. I've taken the 9/4 at Boylesports.

Re: Champions League (Mar 11th) Inter -1 @3.20. Inter are dominant @home posting a record of 16W-0L-3D. Outscoring their CL opponents 9-2 in the process. Inter aren't in the best shape but I suspect the full backs to really make an impact especially Zanetti. Inter definately have the goods to put 2 or 3 past Reina and I expect them to. Inter's centennial is this week and the club will go all out for a famous victory.

Re: Champions League (Mar 11th) Look guys, I watch the seria A and premier regularly and I tell u that inter isnt as poor as u think. its true that in the 2008 they havent convinced but this came as the result of the injuries, and believe me the injuries affected more than u can think. Tonight will be a difficult maatch for inter because they miss their primary centrals samuel cordoba materazzi but on the other hand I think that the 80000 of Meazza supporting Inter will affect a lot. In addition Liverpool hasn't any good experience in the past few years in Italian grounds. x Djslutsmonkey: nothing more than a simple orange juice. I predicted 4-3 because football is football u never know what happens.

Inter -1 @3.20. Inter are dominant @home posting a record of 16W-0L-3D. Outscoring their CL opponents 9-2 in the process. Inter aren't in the best shape but I suspect the full backs to really make an impact especially Zanetti. Inter definately have the goods to put 2 or 3 past Reina and I expect them to. Inter's centennial is this week and the club will go all out for a famous victory.
They will go out for this famous victory... and it is sure to be their undoing the only bet I would ponder in favour of inter would be Ibrahimovic 1st goal scorer as he is very likely to be their scoring outlet though in saying that Torres looks much tastier to do so... Liverpool will have to soak up some pressure defensively no doubt away at the San Siro however they will have their moments in the sun and with Inter defense looking a little shaky it could easily be enough for Torres to exploit either on the break or not... people seem to think Liverpool will sit back and do nothing... with gerrard and Torres the stars and Babel, Kuyt (Performing very nicely from what I have seen recently)... not sure on starters 100% but surely these four will be present as they have all contributed significantly to Liverpools recent winning ways.... Gerrard is an obvious pick for anytime goal at this price he is in fine nick and leading liverpool goal scorer in Europe with 5... crazy price and I will take it...:ok 2 units Torres 1st goal scorer @ 8 (Sportingbet) 5 units Gerrard Anytime Goalscorer @ 4.5 (Ladbrokes)

:welcomekozmask to PL Beauty of PL we all have our opinions :loon, but Liverpool shipping 4 goals come on??? Do you really believe that! I think it will be a good while before another Italian team reach the pinnacle of European Champions again domestically and Internationally. Inter are no better than Blackburn in our premiership which would get them to about 6th or 7th in the premiership... Liverpool will triumph to the next round and join the other 3 premiership teams.
:lol That was a bit harsh, but....IMO Inter will still have a chance to win tonight, unlike certain clubs in EPL they play attacking and entertaining football, but it has to be L'pool going to 1/4 finals based on form, manager, experience...

Match: Inter - Liverpool Pick: over 2.5 Price: 2.24 @ betfair I cannot believe the price. With Torres up front and Liverpool scoring a lot lately. The first game almost went into over. The Inter will be pushing up so hard to put at least 2 goals. This will open up spaces for fast counter attacks. I really does not understand this price for over.
Totally agree - a team cannot afford to sit back on 2-0 with 90mins to go. A 0-0 is possible but after the 1st leg, Inter have to attack and will leave gaps at the back for Liverpool to counter. If Inter are supercool they might just go for a patient 2-0 win and hope for luck in ET. But the longer it stays 0-0 or even 1-0, the more desperate they will get and thereby let in Liverpool for a goal. My Selection: Over 2.5 goals (2.28 BF)

it has to be L'pool going to 1/4 finals based on form' date=' manager, experience...[/quote'] period. now let's go get our winnings :clap sorry for OT but it's getting weird... I've never thought I'd be interested in a Inter-Liverpool match (especially with Liverpool 2 up) in present state of affairs, however, I don't expect any 0-0 or something, actually I put some on CS 2-2 and what's more, I really think that's pretty likely... :lol in such a fixture... now it's really weird... :gimme

GOING MENTAL!!! YES!!! Great Value @ $2.00 Had that in a single and Liverpoll to win or draw @ $2.00 in a single Great Morning :) :)

Liverpool Loss of Materazzi has huge implications and especialy as Chivu is struggling for fitness. Look for Liverpool to it back and let Inter come at them. This should allow the Reds to hit them on the counterattack where the Reds can hit them, using the pace of Torres and the support play of Gerrard. Liverpool have been in very good domestic form lately and Inter have somewhat dipped in form since their loss in the first leg.
:) :ok

Have to say, I'm feeling quite smug right now. And I can't believe people were tipping an Italian club vs Liverpool to be a goalfest.....
indeed now thinking of it, it must have been because that was the only CL match tonight and we WANTED it to be a goalfest :D still, job well done, goalfest or not, most of us were on the right side :clap :cheers