WSOP Qualifiers... where to play??

stooo V2

Hey all, Just wondering what sites the majority of you are planning on using for qualifiers for the WSOP this year? I've been making a real conscious effort since last year to improve my game enough to have a chance of the trip. so wanna make the most of my chances. Stooo

Re: WSOP Qualifiers... where to play?? If you're a cash table player - worth checking out PokerTrillion - check out this thread - PokerTrillion - Discounted Live Games (Purchased with rakeback) If you're not a cash player, also worth checking out pokertrillion :tongue2 Havent checked it out yet, but got a heads up that they're running exclusive (not boss wide) WSOP mini packages where "Poker Trillion are guaranteeing 1 package and are also guaranteeing at least one qualifier from each of our weeklies, there is sure to be some added value. For example, tonights WSOP mini qualifier does not have any players!" PokerTrillion (spot a trend here? :tongue2) are also running a rake race through march, top 20 go to an STT (MTT?) where the winner will get a €3k WSOP Mini Package Finally, not at PokerTrillion :tongue2, got an email today from Virgin - they're going to add Virgin Atlantic Flights, and hotel accomodation (worth $2000) on top of the standard Boss Packages...

Re: WSOP Qualifiers... where to play??

Virgin Pokerabout us | contact us
080229_header_WSOP.gif
Hi PL FENNER,
This year any player winning a World Series of Poker main event seat with Virgin Poker will have the added bonus of free Virgin Atlantic flights to Las Vegas and accommodation on top of the standard travel expenses paid by other poker rooms. That’s a €2000 bonus for every Team Virgin qualifier!! We are only able to offer such an incredible value added package because of our relationship with Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays. To put it frankly poker players would be crazy to qualify for the WSOP on any other poker site!. There are two ways you can qualify ROUTE 1 ~ Virgin Super Guaranteed Satellites There will be FOUR Virgin WSOP Finals with a WSOP main event package guaranteed in each one. Daily Guaranteed Satellites to these finals will run everyday at 8.30pm. The first of these runs on Sunday 2nd March. ROUTE 2 ~ Las Vegas Bumper Satellites There will be two Virgin Network Online Finals with 1 package per 20 players. You can qualify for this final through the Las Vegas Satellites which run all day everyday from just €3.50. For all the dates of the finals and full information about this offer click here.
Good Luck at the tables, Ollie The Virgin Poker team.

Re: WSOP Qualifiers... where to play?? The Party Poker ones are the ones I'm trying. The standard is bloody awful. I've played in 6 $3 rebuy's, and got through in 4 of them. That puts you into the daily $64 freezeout, and again it's easy peasy. In 2 of them I've got through to the weekly final, and in 1 of the others just missed the seats but got about $160. I've only played 1 final, which was a bit tougher, but not that much. I went out about half way, and my second one is tonight. I can't stress enough how bad the players are in them.

If you're a cash table player - worth checking out PokerTrillion - check out this thread - PokerTrillion - Discounted Live Games (Purchased with rakeback) If you're not a cash player, also worth checking out pokertrillion :tongue2 Havent checked it out yet, but got a heads up that they're running exclusive (not boss wide) WSOP mini packages where "Poker Trillion are guaranteeing 1 package and are also guaranteeing at least one qualifier from each of our weeklies, there is sure to be some added value. For example, tonights WSOP mini qualifier does not have any players!" PokerTrillion (spot a trend here? :tongue2) are also running a rake race through march, top 20 go to an STT (MTT?) where the winner will get a €3k WSOP Mini Package Finally, not at PokerTrillion :tongue2, got an email today from Virgin - they're going to add Virgin Atlantic Flights, and hotel accomodation (worth $2000) on top of the standard Boss Packages...
so pokertrillion eh? lol Thanks all for the replies. I know it was a lil early to ask as its a way off yet. But I really am gonna make a concerted effort this year.

Re: WSOP Qualifiers... where to play?? Just thought I'd update how I'm getting on with this.... Now this might be cocked thinking... BUT Having played a few MTT's thinking the odds on me winning one of these are quite long and even after qualifying for a cpl of final's. I then have to battle thru and try and win one of those. So I've kinda given up on that Idea at the moment. So thats moved me to STT's. I'm playing the Pokerstar ones. Started out at the Bottom level of $7.50 (there are 6 Levels in all) 10 seater. 5th gets $1.50 return (this changes to a ticket to the lower level after level 1). 3rd & 4th when a ticket to replay the level and 1st & 2nd Advance. After being stuck on Level 2 for a few games (coming 3rd in both) I've now got to Level 3. Get in!

Just thought I'd update how I'm getting on with this.... Now this might be cocked thinking... BUT Having played a few MTT's thinking the odds on me winning one of these are quite long and even after qualifying for a cpl of final's. I then have to battle thru and try and win one of those. So I've kinda given up on that Idea at the moment. So thats moved me to STT's. I'm playing the Pokerstar ones. Started out at the Bottom level of $7.50 (there are 6 Levels in all) 10 seater. 5th gets $1.50 return (this changes to a ticket to the lower level after level 1). 3rd & 4th when a ticket to replay the level and 1st & 2nd Advance. After being stuck on Level 2 for a few games (coming 3rd in both) I've now got to Level 3. Get in!
Good luck! I tried one of these for the first time last night. Got a 3rd for another go, then the $1.50. Will be having another go though. Also in the Party Poker ones I mentioned, I came 6th in the Weekly Final. Only 4 seats, but 6th got me $2,800. I should have won a seat really, made a huge tired mistake when chip leader with 7 left. But when I say that the standard in these is horrible, I really mean it!!

Cheers! For some reason i cant get Partypoker to install on my laptop for some reason. Try and try as i may. How many are you getting in the weekly finals?
If your struggling, you don't need to download. You can play click on the instant play bit on their website. In the 2 finals I've played, there were 100 and 95. 1 in 20 get a seat.

Re: WSOP Qualifiers... where to play?? Right I've had an "interesting" afternoon. I've got upto level 3 three times only to bubble each time in 6 or 7th. Worked my way back up from Lvl 1 which obviously takes time. I'm a bit pissed off after getting rivered so my two pair gets beat by a str8 so I'm gonna take a break for the evening and do something else for a while.

Re: WSOP Qualifiers... where to play?? Ok here goes another concerted effort this afternoon.... Gonna hit the STT's @ pokerstars again. If I'm not getting any success I'm gonna try a different tack. Well let you all know how i get on.

Re: WSOP Qualifiers... where to play?? I know most of you probably aint interested... BUt here's how i got on tis afternoon. Originally continued with the STT's on pokerstars still seem to be busting out @ LVL 3 which sucks to get back to again. So i thought I'd change tack a bit and play a DS Satellite for the $650 Main Event Qualifier. Won my first table easily. Played what i thought to be very solidly on final table until the end when i bubbled in 3rd after being chip leader for most of the table. I think i found that it was such a slow actionless table that i got a lil bored. Not much i think i could've done with the last hand (except maybe not play it at all)... Here's the history... PokerStars Game #15806924473: Tournament #79481180, $15+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round II, Level V (75/150) - 2008/03/07 - 13:57:20 (ET) Table '79481180 1' 10-max Seat #5 is the button Seat 1: willieholdum (6353 in chips) Seat 2: stooonami (5617 in chips) Seat 5: marquitos74 (3030 in chips) willieholdum: posts small blind 75 stooonami: posts big blind 150 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to stooonami [8d 4h] marquitos74: folds willieholdum: calls 75 stooonami: checks *** FLOP *** [6c 8c 4c] willieholdum: bets 150 stooonami: raises 1050 to 1200 willieholdum: raises 1050 to 2250 stooonami: calls 1050 *** TURN *** [6c 8c 4c] [Js] willieholdum: bets 150 stooonami: calls 150 *** RIVER *** [6c 8c 4c Js] [4s] willieholdum: bets 3803 and is all-in stooonami: calls 3067 and is all-in *** SHOW DOWN *** willieholdum: shows [5c 7c] (a straight flush, Four to Eight) stooonami: shows [8d 4h] (a full house, Fours full of Eights) willieholdum collected 11234 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 11234 | Rake 0 Board [6c 8c 4c Js 4s] Seat 1: willieholdum (small blind) showed [5c 7c] and won (11234) with a straight flush, Four to Eight Seat 2: stooonami (big blind) showed [8d 4h] and lost with a full house, Fours full of Eights Seat 5: marquitos74 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Opinions would be much appreciated.

Re: WSOP Qualifiers... where to play?? Getting closer... Same DS format.... Came second for $80 which cant be sniffed at... here's the final hand when i thought i had it :-( PokerStars Game #15901856208: Tournament #79876227, $15+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round II, Level VIII (200/400) - 2008/03/11 - 11:12:37 (ET) Table '79876227 1' 10-max Seat #6 is the button Seat 6: couvrejoint (8140 in chips) Seat 10: Stooo V2 (6860 in chips) couvrejoint: posts the ante 25 Stooo V2: posts the ante 25 couvrejoint: posts small blind 200 Stooo V2: posts big blind 400 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to Stooo V2 [Js Kc] couvrejoint: raises 1200 to 1600 Stooo V2: raises 5235 to 6835 and is all-in couvrejoint: calls 5235 *** FLOP *** [Ks 8h Ac] *** TURN *** [Ks 8h Ac] [9d] *** RIVER *** [Ks 8h Ac 9d] [Tc] *** SHOW DOWN *** Stooo V2: shows [Js Kc] (a pair of Kings) couvrejoint: shows [Jh Qc] (a straight, Ten to Ace) couvrejoint collected 13720 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 13720 | Rake 0 Board [Ks 8h Ac 9d Tc] Seat 6: couvrejoint (button) (small blind) showed [Jh Qc] and won (13720) with a straight, Ten to Ace Seat 10: Stooo V2 (big blind) showed [Js Kc] and lost with a pair of Kings sick.

Re: WSOP Qualifiers... where to play?? Hi Stoo, Pretty unlucky in both hands (particularly the first!). But what I have noticed , is that you seem to be running two accountson PS. You may have a good reason for this, but beware it is illegal and can cost you a lot... The investigation into the WCOOP Main Event has now been concluded. We have determined, based on the totality of evidence, that the tournament winner “TheV0id” was in breach of the PokerStars Terms of Service. In the interests of Game Integrity, “TheV0id” has been disqualified from first place. All other WCOOP Main Event prizewinners in addition to the player who originally bubbled in 415th place will therefore advance one place in the prize pool. The necessary financial adjustments to reflect the revised tournament places will be made within the next 24 hours. Please note that we are unable to release further details of this investigation, for reasons of confidentiality and privacy. Stephen W. Manager, PokerStars Game Security” The rumour is that he was multi-accounting. Cost this guy just short of $1.4million.... Fonz