** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Navan - Sunday 17th Feb

bigs

Re: Navan - Sunday 17th Feb 2.10 Clopf SP 15 pts Took a bit for the Arkle so hopeful of a big run. Good novice hurdler, comprehensively thrashed Aitmatov a few times and indeed won a Grade 1 last season. This never quite stepped up to a better level of hurdle races despite ok runs. However it ran well for a long way in those races, travelling with style as its its want before alarmingly fading out and that is a concern. First chase start it won even though it blew up near the line, Quartre Heures did not boost the form only third but the well beaten fourth was second when an outsider @ 12/1 next up. So the form of that chase career is not devestating but even so, Clopf looks a smart prospect and this will tell us more about its Arkle claims. Scotsirish a danger but it has jumping worries and also I think it might be more a stayer in the long run. 2.40 Aitmatov 5/2 Bet3 BOG 15 pts Backing a Meade horse at the moment takes guts, especially the horse that confirmed the trainer was in a rotten spell with its awful run in the AIG. However I was encouraged with Jazz Messenger's run yesterday when second in a Grade 2 so perhaps there is a hint of a return to form with the yard. Aitmatov was very progressive early this season going on good ground and more testing, it has speed but the victory over Sweet Kiln over 2 and a half miles suggests perhaps it is more a stayer so trip no real problem today. This will give a final clue on Cheltenham plans or if there will be any. 3.40 Rare Bob 11/4 PP 15 pts. Still a maiden which is a shock considering it was fourth in a Grade 1 behind, De Valira, Catch Me and Sizing Europe in similar conditions to today last season. This year in big fields it has been placed in huge maiden hurdle fields which are fair efforts if not up to that earlier standard of run, he is up to a maiden hurdle win and today might just be the day, that Grade 1 run looks even better now (could it be the top 3 in this years CH, not impossible?) 4.10 Be My Leader 16/1 7.5 pts e.w Bet3 BOG Last two runs pulled up and fell so that is hardly inspiring but before that it beat Scotsirish whos been running in Grade 1s, then was second in a Grade 1 itself when a staying on second and that formline says it cant be a total no hoper today. It looked a stayer then so I think 3m is no problem, after its Grade 1 second it was dropped in trip behind the fav. for today and that was a mistake as it was never in the race. On early form, place claims today.

Re: Navan - Sunday 17th Feb 3.40 race Flowonlovelyriver won 2 bumpers last term & then contested the Cheltenham festival bumper which it led until 3f from the finish & ended up near to last however that race always produces winners in the next season & although the horse hasnt done much in the 2 races since, i am happy to go a small ew on it today. 12/1 with Ladbrokes.

Re: Navan - Sunday 17th Feb Hope your horses come good for you WoodyTHFC, noticed you follow a few and keep faith with them. Quatre Heures let the form down a bit for Clopf and I personally think it might be a bit overrated but who knows, it's all about opinions. I included it in the Arkle preview. Aitmatov is the interesting one for you, looked to be going the right way and progressing well than ran no sort of race last time out, needs to be in top form today for any Cheltenham hopes. :ok Enjoy todays racing, hope you make a few quid.

Re: Navan - Sunday 17th Feb

Hope your horses come good for you WoodyTHFC' date=' noticed you follow a few and keep faith with them. Quatre Heures let the form down a bit for Clopf and I personally think it might be a bit overrated but who knows, it's all about opinions. I included it in the Arkle preview. Aitmatov is the interesting one for you, looked to be going the right way and progressing well than ran no sort of race last time out, needs to be in top form today for any Cheltenham hopes. :ok Enjoy todays racing, hope you make a few quid.[/quote'] Poor day in terms of no returns but some fairly decent runs in there and on another day could well have had a few winners. Clopf surely would have won but for a slightly unlucky fall at the last having jumped the fence well enough. I was encouraged by that run having taking 16/1 for the Arkle and it is much shorter now. Aitmatov ran ok I thought considering the stables run of form. It made some progress later on into second which suggests the WH should be realistic than the CH. Probably not up to WH winning form especially with Inglis Drever in the field but if that one did throw the towel in and given its running style, one day it may champion though it is, it could be a viable e.w option. Kazal I doubt as it really needs deep ground which is unlikely at the festival.