** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League (Feb 19th)

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th)

Firstly im new t all this but ive got a few what i call "BANKERS":loon chelsea away in greece will be no problem olympiakos havent got the minerals to put it up to chelsea who i think will win comfortably 2-0 drogba and anelka to shine im on wright phillips anytime scorer if he starts well have to wait till later to see.. inter and pool shud be a good game but il just have to lean towards inter, liverpool have it all to play 4 now and theyll need a result to bring to italy cant see it happenin to be honest also get on ibrahimovic to score anytime (7pts) Arsenal and milan is a dodgy 1 even tho im a UTD fan:tongue2 i regret sayin this but i think the ******* arsenal will see off milan with adebayor to grab a goal and their star man fabregas to shine on the big stage. And my bet off the century surely has to be Barca to beat the terrible terrible celtic who are goin nowhere in scotland or champ league id be tempted to give celts a 2 goal lead and let the cash come rollin in.. Chelsea to beat olympiakos 8/10 Inter to beat pool 6/10 Arsenal to beat milan 8/10 Barca to beat terrible celtic 10/10 GET ON :hope:gimme
Look at Celtic's home record in the Champions League before stating a 10/10 bet against a 'terrible' Celtic whom have lost one CL game in their last 31 games at home :ok

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) I can see you are doing O.K. in the ice hockey leagues, JC.... 4 DRAWS? At this level? Why not? At the general odds for a draw 3,20-3,40 you need 2 out of 4 to make it a winning night, so your logic is a rock! In each one of today's games the visitor's are the better team on paper, none of them would mind going home with a draw, preferably a scoring one.... The stats though you are quoting on top of your post are misleading, as every year it is different teams with different attitude,players, managers. Hope you remember well a CL round back in fall - one Tuesday 7/8 Overs, on Wednesday 6/8 Overs - so many goals leaked by the Europe's best teams. Not saying stats don't matter, but current form first imo.. Certainly Porto and Inter know well how to play an away game for a draw, and Chelsea are excellent at the back. As of Roma if it is a draw then a just hope it is the result Real got here with Lazio - this Over is crucial for my day.. Good luck
Thanks nicko :ok! That's my idea (at least 2 out of 4 :))...at this stage (1/8 finals) the action is more "even" (teams have high quality and similar value) and teams tend to risk less as any away goal can make a difference in the qualification... ...I don't think the stats are misleading though, they are what are and I just like to use them (and measure everything :)) in my favour along with other aspects (form, injuries, momentum, etc) but I respect people who don't use them, of course. Good luck for your bets. :cheers JC

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) Shalke04 - F.C.Porto Porto is very motivated for this game, agaisnt german team. Past weekend they spared some players for the championship against Maritimo, because the advantage they have in this competicion, give them more than enough margin for Portistas do so. Besides, Portuguese team has much more experience in this competition than Shalke04 with creative players such as Quaresma and Tarik sektouí in the wings, they are extremely dangerous in the counter-attack, and make fast transitions defense-attack. Porto in group stages, just lost in Liverpool, which is always dificult to play for any European team, as Shalke at home, only managed to win Rosenborg, losing against Valencia and tie with Chelsea. German team also has some problems inside the grup between players. Rakitic and Rafinha, do not like the exibicion of keeper Neuer in the last game for the league, badly beaten in first goal and made the penalty that resulted in the second. Furthermore, two players have been suspended by walking in night clubs and more recently the group of Uruguayans has not made a easier life to Lovenkrands. Dario Rodriguez, Gustavo Varela and Grossmuller were accused of causing problems to Danish forward to open a wave to his compatriot newly arrived in Winter market, Vicente Sanchez. For all that I believe in a Porto full of determination to bring a good result to portugal and a good result here is not to lose and essentially try at least a tie with goals. Pick: 4/10 on Porto (+0.25) @1.95 >Bet365

Firstly im new t all this but ive got a few what i call "BANKERS":loon chelsea away in greece will be no problem olympiakos havent got the minerals to put it up to chelsea who i think will win comfortably 2-0 drogba and anelka to shine im on wright phillips anytime scorer if he starts well have to wait till later to see.. inter and pool shud be a good game but il just have to lean towards inter, liverpool have it all to play 4 now and theyll need a result to bring to italy cant see it happenin to be honest also get on ibrahimovic to score anytime (7pts) Arsenal and milan is a dodgy 1 even tho im a UTD fan:tongue2 i regret sayin this but i think the ******* arsenal will see off milan with adebayor to grab a goal and their star man fabregas to shine on the big stage. And my bet off the century surely has to be Barca to beat the terrible terrible celtic who are goin nowhere in scotland or champ league id be tempted to give celts a 2 goal lead and let the cash come rollin in.. Chelsea to beat olympiakos 8/10 Inter to beat pool 6/10 Arsenal to beat milan 8/10 Barca to beat terrible celtic 10/10 GET ON :hope:gimme
Firstly United, you posted you illinformed post on Celtic in the wrong thread. Frankly to describe Celtic as terrible shows that you have no knowledge of their recent performances in the SPL or their performances within the fortress that is Celtic Park. Since the Martin O'Neill era Celtic have only been defeated once in 31 attempts, hardly a record you would class as "terrible". When you consider the might of the opposition which have been deservedly defeated at Parkhead; AC Milan, Barcelona, Benfica Porto, Celta Vigo, Stuttgart, Valencia, Juventus, Blackburn, Lyon, Shakhtar, Man U (remember that one??) have all been put to the sword in Paradise so to class us as being "terrible" is nothing short of ludicrous. Under Gordon Strachan Celtic are undefeated in Europe at home, winning 6 of the 8 games played at CP. The other 2 were draws (0-0 v Milan in the lazst 16 last year and 1-1 v Spartak Moscow in the qualifying stages this year a tie we would go onto win on penalties.) Again not really fitting a record of a "terrible terrible" team. There must be only 1 of 2 reasons why you would class us as being terrible. The first of which is to show up your horrific knowledge of the current climate in the SPL. Celtic have been on a fantastic run in the past 3 weeks, after a mediocre few months which have left us 4 points behind Rangers. If we maintain our current form and continue to play we are just now then there is no doubt in my mind that Strachan will be the first manager since the late great Jock Stein to win 3 SPL titles in a row. Your "terrible" interpretation of Celtic gives a woefully inaccurate perception of the Bhoys and could cost fellow PL's some big money after reading your write-up of the game on Wednesday. The second can only be attributed to some resentment you have towards Celtic, mainly because you are in part a Rangers fan and are bitter that Celtic are still in the CL whilst you blew a golden opportunity to make it to the last 16. Just remember "You've never won it and you never will!!!" I will try and post about the other CL games at some point but this uneducated and illinformed post left me so infuriated I had to dismiss his childish and inaccurate post.

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) My bet for tonight is small stakes on a couple of draws : Doubles from Liverpool v Inter draw Roma v Real Madrid draw Schalke v Porto draw Like JC Tips, i think they all look tight affairs, its rare to see Liverpool as high as 2.62 at Anfield and you wouldn't put it past them to conjure up another special European performance but you can't back them with any confidence on recent form and with Inter flying in Serie A they are the side coming into this in good spirits and they can earn a stalemate to take back to the San Siro. The other two games I fancy the away sides to progress but in front of partisan crowds in Rome and Gelsenkirchen I think both would consider a draw an excellent nights work and even 0-0 is considered a half decent result for a home team in 2 legged affair these days, these games all look tight so I think 2 from 3 draws offers some decent value at around 3.25 for each with small stakes. Left out the other tie as although Greece is a difficult place to go and get a result and have impressed so far in the group stages of this campaign, Chelsea are getting players back fit with Didier Drogba expected to start and while the BBC are reporting John Terry and Frank Lampard may start from the bench they have proved they have enough cover in their Premiership form to cope without the England stars. This looks the most likely to be an away win this evening but I think I'll steer clear of this one.

Newbie Punter Join Date: 18 Feb 2008 Posts: 3 icon1.gif Re: Champions League (Feb 19th)
Ignorance is bliss, obviously not idea of Celtics past conquests at parkhead, I can only hope you are tempted to give Celtic a two goal lead as I beleive you will get your just rewards and maybe think twice before posting unjustified rubbish. Regardless of the outcome resoning is supposed to be objective and yours is blind. Elsewhere Originally Posted by JCtips viewpost.gif Liverpool-Inter Milan My pick: draw; Schalke-Porto My pick: draw; Olympiakos-Chelsea My pick: draw; Roma-Real My pick: draw; Same reasoning ,All tricky fixtures and all drawish, small doubles, trebles and accumulator, for me, interest bet only.

Firstly United, you posted you illinformed post on Celtic in the wrong thread. Frankly to describe Celtic as terrible shows that you have no knowledge of their recent performances in the SPL or their performances within the fortress that is Celtic Park. Since the Martin O'Neill era Celtic have only been defeated once in 31 attempts, hardly a record you would class as "terrible". When you consider the might of the opposition which have been deservedly defeated at Parkhead; AC Milan, Barcelona, Benfica Porto, Celta Vigo, Stuttgart, Valencia, Juventus, Blackburn, Lyon, Shakhtar, Man U (remember that one??) have all been put to the sword in Paradise so to class us as being "terrible" is nothing short of ludicrous. Under Gordon Strachan Celtic are undefeated in Europe at home, winning 6 of the 8 games played at CP. The other 2 were draws (0-0 v Milan in the lazst 16 last year and 1-1 v Spartak Moscow in the qualifying stages this year a tie we would go onto win on penalties.) Again not really fitting a record of a "terrible terrible" team. There must be only 1 of 2 reasons why you would class us as being terrible. The first of which is to show up your horrific knowledge of the current climate in the SPL. Celtic have been on a fantastic run in the past 3 weeks, after a mediocre few months which have left us 4 points behind Rangers. If we maintain our current form and continue to play we are just now then there is no doubt in my mind that Strachan will be the first manager since the late great Jock Stein to win 3 SPL titles in a row. Your "terrible" interpretation of Celtic gives a woefully inaccurate perception of the Bhoys and could cost fellow PL's some big money after reading your write-up of the game on Wednesday. The second can only be attributed to some resentment you have towards Celtic, mainly because you are in part a Rangers fan and are bitter that Celtic are still in the CL whilst you blew a golden opportunity to make it to the last 16. Just remember "You've never won it and you never will!!!" I will try and post about the other CL games at some point but this uneducated and illinformed post left me so infuriated I had to dismiss his childish and inaccurate post.
A nice and polite comment this one, can't wait to read Nastro's :loon Terrible Celtic, he will love this one...:lol

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) Posts are piling up here and it looks like everyone tonight is on draws and Unders. If that comes right tonight it will cost bookies a fortune. Just in case I have added a CS combo with convincing home wins in Roma, Schalke and L'pool. Few weeks ago there was a round in EPL where some guys went as far as combos with 7 draws. The only certain thing about a draw is that every game starts as one, yet followed by 90 mins. I still think there will be enough goals in Roma and Gelsenkirchen to cover my Overs, and I am also studying corner and card markets. Over 10 corners in Schalke at 1,90 looks reasonable as of the home attacking play on the wings with crosses towards Kuranyi, so is Over 4 cards at 1,90 - Bordon and Rafinha step on the pitch with a yellow, if they play. Roma could easily beat the corner handycap -2 at 1,90, Goal/Goal there is at 1,80, certainly enough power in both teams to score. On top of that as this is the only game favoured here for an Over, a total of over 130 mins for goals looks good at 2,00. Over 4 cards in Athens, knowning Chelsea's ''take no prisoners'' approach at the back, along with a couple of quick-tempered Olympiakos players is just great. Over 4,5 cards in L'pool is also tempting, Reds will come to a point where they will be late on Inter counters plus a touch of Spanish flavour in Benitez'es team. As of Inter, well need I remind that Valencia battle, or the record of Viera if he plays... Just some thought before my final picks. Comments welcomed...

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) 2 plays for me -- Roma Over 2x paying Evens -Madrid and Roma no stranger to scoring and conceding. espescially in this tournament. Even Olympiakos gave the Madrid defense all sorts of fits Liverpool Under 2x paying 1.70 -i believe goals will be at a premium in this matchup. maybe a more open game in the 2nd leg, but i expect Pool and Milan to have the majority of they're chances on the counter and if that's the case i will stake there won't be 3 goals.

Barca to beat terrible celtic 10/10
what an idiotic comment. I cannot remember the last time they lost at home in the CL - they have an exceptional record. I am all about the draws this evening - the first leg ties of the CL knock out phase do tend to be pretty tetchy affairs, with no team wanting to 'lose' the initiative. All 4 games could well end in draws IMO...

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) Liverpool Vs Inter Milan rafa-benitez.jpg Liverpool's frivolous form seen them bow out of the FA Cup, rather shockingly, in a home game against Barnsley. It was the pinnacle failure for the Reds who are already facing a stiff challenge for fourth spot in the league, and since they are also out of the Carling Cup the Champions League is the only piece of silverware they can hope to win. Fernando Torres is certain to return for Liverpool after injury and should provide a vital boost. Along with Steven Gerrard, the Spaniard has been heavily relied upon for goals this season and they have struggled without him. Rafael Benitez is under immense pressure by the club's American owners and a positive result will be crucial here. Home WIN @ 2.84 (Back)

Olympiacos v Chelsea _42612423_drogba2_getty300.jpg
Olympiacos are the current leaders in the Greek Super League by a single point, and are unbeaten at home domestically with a 10-1-0 record. They have given a good account of themselves in Europe so far; they won at both Lazio and Werder Bremen, and gave Real Madrid a stern performance before eventually losing 4-2. In all competitions they've lost just one of their last sixteen and should prove to be tough opponents here. Chelsea have coped extremely well with injuries and their African contingent missing, but with almost all of those players fit Avram Grant will have a serious selection headache. John Terry & Didier Drogba should definitely start here, while Frank Lampard should retain his place after his brace against Huddersfield. The Blues are one of just three sides that are unbeaten in the 2007-08 Champions League.The Blues have a much better looking squad than their opponents; Drogba and Anelka could start in attack, for the very first time this season, which should prove a deadly partnership if they link-up well. It'll be John Terry & Ricardo Carvalho in defence too, which will make them very impregnable, and should guarantee them a clean-sheet.
Away WIN @ Evens Drogba anytime scorer @ 5/4

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) Personally, I do not see why a lot of individuals are on the Roma/Real Madrid Over. I've watched a lot of Roma games, and the only reason why the games go Over is when the entire team is mentally on song. Roma have the tendency to either mentally collapse or mentally pumped. For example, against Inter, earlier in the season, once Guily got red carded the entire squad became absolutely clueless, infront of their home fans. Then against Palermo only a few weeks ago, a game where they were all over the Palermo goal, the needed a Rinaudo red card to get a goal. Francesco Totti has been out of the picture for awhile now. He started the season on fire and has just been MIA since the beginning of the year. Real Madrid, have drastically improved their defense over the last few years and we have to understand that Schuster is a defensive minded manager. I hear Robinho will be out of this fixture making the offense a little bit stagnant. Sure you have Raul and Ruud upfront, but when you don't have anyone to be a consistent provider to the top men, how can you score goals? Anyways, I really feel that this game has a huge potential to go under. Just this season alone, when it comes to totals, there is a REASON why the lines tend to thread around 1.80 to 2.00 I stay away from any 2.00 lines just because it becomes much more of an obvious choice with a lot of newbie punters. Considering this is the CL, I expect a ton more action and of course, a lot of bets will be based on league play rather than the current h2h match up. In seasons prior, the knockout stages become very very tight. Very little room for error. Only 2 games to be played so teams aren't as willing to go open as they do during the Group stages. That is my opinion. My other plays: Inter/Liverpool Under 2.25 @ 1.826 (Pinnacle) If Liverpool are to win this game, it is not going to be based on Offense. They aren't an offensive juggernaut. Inter on the other hand....very rarely do we see them as an underdog this season. They have the depth and talent, but do they have the manager to lead them in this stage of the tournament? Inter are a very physical team and I'm pretty sure we'll see a midfield battle. This is more of a position battle. Liverpool playing big clubs tend to see very few goals. Benitez's tactics are much suited to tournaments and I'm pretty sure he's got something up his sleeve. This will be a great game for both Torres and Ibrahimovic to showcase their talents, however, Zlatan tends to get frustrated easily if he doesn't get anything going for him quickly. I'm sure the KOP will be taunting him non stop. I expect Inter to aim to get at least 1 goal so they have something to play with back in Milan. Liverpool know if they allow that goal...they could be in trouble when they travel to Italy. I do expect Liverpool to win based on Benitez's experience, but he can also be noted for a lot of mess ups!

Here are some stats/facts from the last couple of 1/8 finals in the CL: 2007: 2-4-2 (home wins-draws-away wins) record in the 1st leg, 3 overs and 5 unders, 10 teams scored and 6 didn't; 2006: 2-3-3 (home wins-draws-away wins) record in the 1st leg, 4 overs and 4 unders, 13 teams scored and 3 didn't; So far this season in the CL we have: - 53% home wins; - 19% draws; - 28% away wins; I look at tuesdays' games and see them all very, very tight ones. Also, I'll be betting that the draw % will move a bit towards what's "normal" in football/soccer (somewhere around the 25% to 30% range) and if it goes similar to the last couple of seasons when we come to this stage in the CL (where games have in general a lot more balanced action) a high % of draws is very possible. Liverpool-Inter Milan Liverpool will be looking at showing some pride tomorrow after that horrible weekend home loss and this is actually the only competition they can still win this season. We also need to keep in mind that this team was in the CL final twice in the last 3 seasons... Inter started their CL campaign with a loss away to Fenerbahçe but after that they won all other 5 group G games. They're also having a great home season and have a very experienced and high quality team. Inter won't be taking many risks tomorrow and they can surely create danger when they attack. My pick: draw; Schalke-Porto Porto is a better overall team than Schalke and they have a lot more experience at this level. I see them (Porto) as the favorites for this round against the Germans but the game won't be easy in Germany where the stadium will be packed providing a boost for Schalke. I think Porto's coach will have his team playing for the draw tomorrow and will be happy with itin the away game. My pick: draw; Olympiakos-Chelsea Chelsea is clearly the favorite here but if they're travelling to Greece underestimating Olympiakos they might have a bitter surprise. 1st of all there will certainly be a great atmosphere at the stadium. Also, during the Group stage and at home, the Greeks beat Bremen 3-0 and tied against Real Madrid and Lazio. I also watched them playing away against Bremen and Real Madrid and they did impress me. Very good price (3.35) for the draw pick IMO. My pick: draw; Roma-R. Madrid Always hard for any team to play away against Roma but Real Madrid are a better team despite some absences (Robinho, Pepe...) for tomorrow. I think both teams need improvement at the back (Roma allowed goals in 4 out of 6 matches in the group stage and Real allowed goals in 5 of their 6 group games) and don't look consistent (Real wins 7-0 and the next weekend loses 2-1 against lowly Betis and Roma lost 3-0 away to Siena a few weeks ago). Should be an interesting game tomorrow but I think the draw is very likely and Real will be pleased with it. My pick: draw; Good luck! JC
Agree with all 4 having a potential to end in draws, but would rather back Schalke if forced to name a winner in tonight's games. Anyways, Olympiakos are undefeated all season at home. Chelsea are undefeated in their last 16 games in all competitions. It's easy to see why the draw is more likely on this one as Olympiakos like to defend and keep cleans sheets at home while they score and concede more on the road. Lua Lua is a big low for the hosts, while Avram's side iwll most probably be satisfied with a draw, and are likely to play a 4-5-1 formation. Under 2.5 goals is very much likely as well. Roma are unbreakeable at home of late, and they also like to keep clean sheets at the Olimpico. real are vulnerable on their travels, but are the best European team at home grounds, so if roma were to have any chance to progress they must win here, and keep a clean sheet too. Thus the 1-0 is as good as the draw in terms of probability, and the gam is also likely to go UNDER 2.5 goals as Roma will want to keep a clean sheet and Real will probably play for keeps dragging their opponents back to their castle at the Bernabeu where they are fully capable of inflicting a heavy defeat on them. Schalke is the only game likely to go over 2.5 IMHO. Koranyi vs Lopez is a deadly combination, and Schalke in general like to score and concede 9but they did get a goalless draw vs Chelsea) so it could be the case of the most scoring game of all 4 tonight. Finally, the Anfield battle is likely to end in a drwa and probably goalless as well. Inter would very much like that, and Liverpool would not be too unhappy if they could keep a clean sheet. The problem with liverpool is they cannot capitalise on their scoring chances, and they most definitely won't be getting many in this game to start with. If they lose, it could mean their season is over already, and Benitiz' head maybe the price to pay for such a loss, so another under 2.5 goals is on the cards. Just wanted to share my views. Maybe the best approach is to bet on all double (or trebles) in an 8-fold selection of draws on all 1st leg fixtures, and as I have yet to study tomorrow's games I can only suggest doubles on tonight's games on the over/under 2.5 goals market with 3 unders and Schalke v Porto the only over 2.5 goals pick.

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) added: Olympiacos +0.5 @ 1.962 (Pinnacle) Yes Chelsea will have a very strong squad this game. But with the Carling Cup on the weekend. Will Chelsea want to play a little conservative? They know they hold an amazing record at the Bridge, so the way I see this game is that Chelsea will try to go for at least a goal. Heck i think 1-1 they will be more than happy, especially playing in Greece. Talent wise, no denying Chelsea is superior, however, Olympiacos have been a great team to watch this season. They have not been fazed at all against Bremen, Lazio and Real Madrid this tourney. One factor that they have going for them is that they have nothing to lose. Chelsea are obviously heavy favorites to qualify, but for the Greeks this sort of game will be more relaxed for them. They know they are underdogs, but every dog has their day. I do feel a draw is very likely in this match, but please note that Chelsea have been very fortunate in their past CL road games. Notice how they tend to come back from behind? Or they manage to squeek by with an odd goal, or even an own goal for that matter. Also, I reckon a lot of punters who haven't done their research are just going to bet on Chelsea based on their name and history and thinking....."@ 2.00 I have to play it" Come on, there are always reasons for why odds are like that. Thread carefully. Chelsea on the road are not the same as Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Agree with all 4 having a potential to end in draws, but would rather back Schalke if forced to name a winner in tonight's games. Anyways, Olympiakos are undefeated all season at home. Chelsea are undefeated in their last 16 games in all competitions. It's easy to see why the draw is more likely on this one as Olympiakos like to defend and keep cleans sheets at home while they score and concede more on the road. Lua Lua is a big low for the hosts, while Avram's side iwll most probably be satisfied with a draw, and are likely to play a 4-5-1 formation. Under 2.5 goals is very much likely as well. Roma are unbreakeable at home of late, and they also like to keep clean sheets at the Olimpico. real are vulnerable on their travels, but are the best European team at home grounds, so if roma were to have any chance to progress they must win here, and keep a clean sheet too. Thus the 1-0 is as good as the draw in terms of probability, and the gam is also likely to go UNDER 2.5 goals as Roma will want to keep a clean sheet and Real will probably play for keeps dragging their opponents back to their castle at the Bernabeu where they are fully capable of inflicting a heavy defeat on them. Schalke is the only game likely to go over 2.5 IMHO. Koranyi vs Lopez is a deadly combination, and Schalke in general like to score and concede 9but they did get a goalless draw vs Chelsea) so it could be the case of the most scoring game of all 4 tonight. Finally, the Anfield battle is likely to end in a drwa and probably goalless as well. Inter would very much like that, and Liverpool would not be too unhappy if they could keep a clean sheet. The problem with liverpool is they cannot capitalise on their scoring chances, and they most definitely won't be getting many in this game to start with. If they lose, it could mean their season is over already, and Benitiz' head maybe the price to pay for such a loss, so another under 2.5 goals is on the cards. Just wanted to share my views. Maybe the best approach is to bet on all double (or trebles) in an 8-fold selection of draws on all 1st leg fixtures, and as I have yet to study tomorrow's games I can only suggest doubles on tonight's games on the over/under 2.5 goals market with 3 unders and Schalke v Porto the only over 2.5 goals pick.
Absolutely agree there mate. GL

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) Hi im new on here. Ive gone for a treble: LIVERPOOL ROMA SCHALKE :hope:hope:hope All 3 away teams will be happy to leave with narrow defeats and an away goal or two and hope to turn the ties around at home. I also think Olympiacos will beat Chelsea 1-0 or 2-1 but not sure enough to bet on it.

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) I like to combine weekends with midweeks, so this time my selections are. Marseilles(they beat PSG) Liverpool Arsenal 10/1 I fancy Liverpool to come back with a bit of bite after recent problems, and the bigger players will be back. Arsenal have a real toughy against Milan, but i fancy their players to stretch that Milan team who have a great calibre in this competition. There could be very little in either game, but i liked the odds. I'm not too optimistic about the Barca game, although United nuts comments have little substance behind them. Especially when you consider Celtic beat Man Utd at home last time round.:ok

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) Liverpool v Inter Liverpool coming off a loss to lower league side should raise their game but will it be up to Inter's level, I'm not sure. They would be happy with a draw after last weekend's result and so would Inter, so I am going for the draw. Both teams have the ability to score tonight, so a 1-1 draw would give Inter the advantage for the 2nd leg. Main Selection: Draw (3.1 BF) Interest Bets: Anytime Goalscorer Ibrahimovic (3.35 BF) & CS 1-1 (6.8 BF)

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) Olympiakos v Chelsea Another tight game with few goals unless form goes out the window with Chelsea and they are distracted by the Carling cup final. If Avram Grant's priority is the CL then they must score at least 1 away goal and rely on their home form for the return leg. Both teams have recent unbeaten runs in th CL which should continue for both. Another 1-1 draw Main Selection: Draw (3.25 BF) Interest Bet: CS 1-1 (7.4 BF)

The Celtic game does not belong on this thread!!! Please post accordingly, secondly to describe Celtic as terrible in terms of Champions League performances at home is a little hasty and posted with little thought. However to describe the original poster as a Rangers fan is pointless also, as are quotes about winning the SPL etc, so please keep the posts in the proper spirit of the forum instead of allowing irrelevant drivel and bile to creep in.

Hi im new on here. Ive gone for a treble: LIVERPOOL ROMA SCHALKE :hope:hope:hope All 3 away teams will be happy to leave with narrow defeats and an away goal or two and hope to turn the ties around at home. I also think Olympiacos will beat Chelsea 1-0 or 2-1 but not sure enough to bet on it.
:welcome think you might need a little more reasoning.:)

The Celtic game does not belong on this thread!!! Please post accordingly' date=' secondly to describe Celtic as terrible in terms of Champions League performances at home is a little hasty and posted with little thought. However to describe the original poster as a Rangers fan is pointless also, as are quotes about winning the SPL etc, so please keep the posts in the proper spirit of the forum instead of allowing irrelevant drivel and bile to creep in.[/quote'] Dougie I am well aware information on the Celtic game doesnt not belong on this post, if you actually took the time to READ my post you would have noticed that I reprimanded the uneducated individual for posting his illinformed information in the wrong thread. I actually find it astonishing that you find the need to come on and defend this eejit. You say keep posts in the proper spirit of the forum, I am well aware of what the proper spirits of the forum are and they are without question the complete opposite of what United posted. He has shown himself up to be a bit of an idiot to be honest and I think you're defence of him wont put you in that great a light on this board either. Again I never accused this poster as being a Rangers fan, I only put it out there as a possible explaination for his completely irrational and ridiculous interpretation of the game on Wednesday. With regards to my comments on the SPL, it was only a point to prove the great run of form we have been on as of late, a point which I would not regard as being "irrelevant" nor would I suggest that any part of my post contained any "drivel or bile" as you so eloquently put it. Dont pull me up for rightly defending my team over such a stupid post, I had every right to defend myself and I think you will find that every other poster on this board would do the same if they found their team was to be unfairly criticised. I dont want to get into yet another meaningless arguement with you as you try to defend your rather pathetic hatred of Celtic, which if memory serves me right I had the misfortune of dealing with you on another CL thread, so I will leave you with this final point. The whole point of this forum is to give fellow punters help with their betting through an INFORMED and RATIONAL opinion, something it appears you are incapable of doing.

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) Celtic Suck Ass :nana:nana meanwhile in tonights games. Materazzi was probably a bit hard done by but im not sure his sending off will help liverpool. Inter Milan will come out looking for a draw now, although they probably wont get it. I got on liverpool at about 1.95 after the sending off, im still pretty confident but not as much as i was just after.

Re: Champions League (Feb 19th) liverpool have torres and gerrard back and will be up 4 the CL. Schalke are very strong at home and continetal teams dont mind losin by the odd goal away cos they believe they can get it back at home. Real r missin a lot of players and roma r v strong at home will roma will be bale to play as real always play an open game

liverpool have torres and gerrard back and will be up 4 the CL. Schalke are very strong at home and continetal teams dont mind losin by the odd goal away cos they believe they can get it back at home. Real r missin a lot of players and roma r v strong at home will roma will be bale to play as real always play an open game
Do you realise that you posted your tips after the 2nd halves kicked off :unsure :rollin