ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb Any thoughts on Cuevas for the Brazil Open? 33/1 at the moment. He was tipped successfully here during the Vina Del Mar tournament, and only went down 2-1 to Gonzalez in the final after having him at match point in the 2nd set iirc. e2a, I always call Gonzalez Fernandez. :\

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb You recall correctly and can get 40/1 at bet365 if you like it. Top half seems much tougher, if I were looking for E/W value I'd be looking for someone in the bottom half. Cuevas is in a tough quarter with Calleri or Roitman and Moya in there. Also in top half are Andreev and Acasuso. I don't see him coming through it to be honest.

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWickmayer - Peng
SelectionWickmayer
Strength10/10
Date11/02/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.48 (Back)
ReasoningI watched Peng last week during her match against Dechy and I must say that she was nothing special.Lots of unforced errors and really crappy tennis.Wickmayer is playing in her home country and she really knows how to play on fast surfaces.I believe that she can make a little surprise in this match.btw. at the moment 2.70 available at bet-at-home :) nice price.

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb BENNETEAU @ 1.49 Pinnacle. Everyone knows about the French indoors in Frnace, and this looks like a nice fav. Benneteau has started the year well, reaching the semis in Auckland and the final of a challenger in Bergamo last week. Last year he reached the quarters here (beating Ferrer on the way - everyone remember that? lol) and should get past the first round again. Pavel is struggling, going 0-4 so far this year including a couple of Davis Cup ties against French guys last weekend so I don't think he'll be looking forward to facing another! Should be a straightforward win for the Frenchman. FERRERO @ 1.38 Betfair. This one looks really solid. Ferrero was playing really well down in Australia and looks to have started this season in his best form for several years. He's reasonable indoors, and has a very decent 31-19 record in his last 50 matches on indoor hard and was good late last reaching reaching semis of Vienna (lost to on fire Wawrinka) and last 16 of Madrid (3 sets to Djokovic). Ferrero is choosing to play here instead of defending his final place in Brasil last year, so I think he'll be motivated this week. Lee is coming off a tough Davis Cup weekend in Germany playing 9 sets of singles and the transition straight to indoor hard won't be easy. He had a very decent run in the middle of last year, but he is still I think a fading force in the top 100. Ferrero leads the H2H 3-1, they've all been close matches but I think circumstances make this much easier for Ferrero. CLEMENT @ 3.75 Ladbrokes. Another French guy, in France, indoors, have to take a shot at these big odds. Baghdatis reached the final here last year (losing to a Frenchman!) and was on a tear after the Aussie winning in Zagreb before his final appearance here. But that's no guarantee he's going to play great here. He's the type that always seems vunerable in the first round, losing 7 first round last year, 7 in 2006 and already has one in Chennai this year. Clement is well past his best, but appears the type that can get it back together some of the time. He's coming off a pretty tough Davis Cup weekend going 5 in the doubles which was pretty unexpected then 3 sets in a dead rubber on Sunday. That's definately not ideal, but I'm still willing to have a go at this price. Clement has an excellent record here of 12-6 (since 2000) and won the event in 2005 (beating Gasquet, Nadal and Ancic!). H2H is 1-1, both indoors, both close, Baggy coming through in Zagreb last year and Clement winning in Lyon (Frenchman, indoors, in France!) in 2005.

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb ROITMAN @ 2.78 Pinnacle. Interesting match up here, and I'm rating it pretty evenly. Calleri has been poor in South America this year losing to Horna in Vina del Mar and losing to Jamie Baker in Davis Cup. I know it was a dead rubber, but he's still out there and still lost in front of his own fans, and I can't see that doing much for his already fragile confidence. Roitman had a couple of very tight matches in Vina del Mar, beating Massu then falling to Ventura. I backed him in both, and still feel he is under rated in this one. Not sure what happened against Ventura, he was well up and should have won it very easily but it didn't happen. He's had a decent two week break since then and I think he can come back playing decent stuff here.

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb What do you people think about Massu @3,05?? vs. Almagro Almagro comes from Peru Davis-Cup, Massu beat him in that tourney two years ago. Massu should be prepared well for this and odds are good indeed.. MfG

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb Hi guys, following pick for tomorrow: ATP TOUR, OPEN 13, MARSEILLE LLODRA TO D SEPPI @ 1.81 at pinnacle Seppi has won a Challenger last week but on a very quick indoor court Llodra with his big lefty serve looks to be a favorite. Llodra has a title this year already winning in Adelaide to confirm his good form.

What do you people think about Massu @3,05?? vs. Almagro Almagro comes from Peru Davis-Cup, Massu beat him in that tourney two years ago. Massu should be prepared well for this and odds are good indeed.. MfG
I'm not sure mate. I actually like Almagro coming off a couple of easy DC wins and he did very well in this South American part of the season last year. I also think he's excellent on clay and I don't like opposing him on it. I'm not quite sure "where Massu is", he was well ahead of Roitman in Vina del Mar then blew it and that tournament is clearly more important to him than this one. However, I think Almagro is quite vunerable in first rounds which makes him opposable at the sort of prices available. Good luck if you go for it:ok

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb This should start in about an hour... HERNANDEZ @ 2.1 Ladbrokes. Can't believe I didn't see this when looking through the matches last night. I like Cuevas, but, his price is being pushed down because of a good week in Vina del Mar. At the weekend he played 13 sets - 10 of them on Saturday because of rain - and he was shattered on Sunday going down easily to Falla. After that (and Urugary losing after having a 2- lead after the doubles) I'm not sure he'll be up for this. Hernandez is decent on clay and despite a poor loss in Vina del Mar he can get a win here. Take this at a 1 ball bookie slightly under the top price of 2.15 @ WillHill.

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb Couple of favs for me in Marseille tomorrow:ok YOUZHNY @ 1.51 Pinnacle. Interesting match here with a very interesting price on the fav. I think it’s being pushed up with Youzhny coming off a DC weekend – but it wasn’t that hurt a weekend for him and getting the Wednesday start is good. This part of the season last year Youzhny was exceptional, going 14-3 in Zagreb semi final (lost to Ljubicic at home 7-5 in third), quarters here in Marseille (beat Djokovic, lost Baghdatis 7-5 in third), won Rotterdam (beat Berdych, Ferrer, Djokovic and Ljubicic – wow!) and final of Dubai (lost to Federer, beat Nieminen, Berdych, Nadal and Soderling!). That doesn’t mean that much for this year, but it can help boost confidence. Youzhny has been in good form this year, winning Chennai and reaching quarters of Aussie Open. Based of all of that, I see this as a very big price. Cilic is improving, and is good indoors, but he still puts in too many average performances and I think he’ll struggle against Youzhny. This year in the Aussie he was a popular pick against Blake but played a shocker for example. Youzhny beat him 6-2 6-3 at the start of the year in Chennai and I see another comfortable win for the Russian. LLODRA @ 1.8 Paddy. This price is mental! Let’s start with Frenchman, indoors, in France. I know he’s coming off a DC weekend going 5 in the doubles then winning a dead rubber but he won both matches and his confidence should be high. He’s been playing great stuff this year, winning in Adelaide, quarters in Auckland and lost to Davydenko in Aussie first round but put up a pretty decent effort and he made the final of the doubles. His record here is 0-2 in the main draw, but they were against Hewitt and Rusedski so no shame there and he took a set off both. Funnily Seppi is 1-1 in the main draw here, last year Ancic had to retire early against him with his illness then he lost 6-1 6-0 to Bjorkman (lol). He won the challenger in Bergamo last week indoors which is good, but still I make him a pretty decent dog in this. People will cling to that as a reason to bet him in this match, but I just don’t fancy him for this. Seppi beat three French guys last week, so now back in France, it’s time for revenge!

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb Hi guys, following pick for tomorrow: WTA TOUR, VINA DEL MAR, CHILE KANEPI TO D CAMERIN @ 1.6 at betfair Kanepi who was a no.1 junior is making some progress at seniors and I believe she can be a top 20 player till the end of 2008. Camerin has been out of form which she confirmed by struggling against local wild-card ranked 400 yesterday. H2H is 2:0 to Kanepi with both matches on clay.

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb Thanks guys:ok. Sorry this one isn't exactly early, starts at 17:30 (72 minutes!): MONTANES @ 1.66 Bet365. Fognini is a player I like, but I don't think this is a good situation for him so I'm going to oppose him. Fognini spent a long time on court against Vanek after being a set and a break up - it was a real rollercoaster match and it can be tough to come out the next day after a match like that. Just a couple of weeks ago he had a match very similar against Marrero and came out the next day and was very flat against Ventura losing 6-3 6-3. Montanes I think is often underrated on clay - the fact is he is very good on it - he's generally around 50 in the world based soley on clay results (last 12 months 28-16 on clay, 4-12 on other surfaces!). He got a solid win in the first round, and despite a few double faults I think he should be good in this one.

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb SIMON @ 5.5 Ladbrokes. Big dog, but I'm willing to take a shot especially when getting the best price (above Betfair price) at a 1 ball bookie. Still not sure how Djokovic is feeling, or how interested he is in this tournament. He beat Dodig yesterday comfortably, but he's ranked 296 and I've never heard of him and this will be a much tougher test. Simon was the champion here last year and I expect a good effort to defend it this week. He's been reasonable this year, losses to Llodra (went on to win title), Berdych and Nadal aren't bad. He's decent indoors, and at home plus we can't be sure about Djokovic this is worth a shot.

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb Mr.Intensity, do you reckon Bondarenko should be very tired from playing so many consecutive matches? Her sister was trounced by Ditty porbably because of this. I'm going for young Kleybanova if so.

Mr.Intensity' date=' do you reckon Bondarenko should be very tired from playing so many consecutive matches? Her sister was trounced by Ditty porbably because of this. I'm going for young Kleybanova if so.[/quote'] I don't know mate I haven't been following that tournament closely - but there has been a massive drift in Bondarenkos price in the Betfair market (1.55 to 1.81). Just looking around she was talking about her "physical state" after a lot of matches so you could be right. Not sure about the other girl, she beat Szavay earlier but apparently that was more down to Szavay being awful.

;1000406']Combo material? Never heard of Boris Pashanski.
Pashinkski is a solid clay courter (36-14 on clay last 12 months, but that's mostly bumped up by challengers and qualifiers). Had a great run in challengers a couple of years ago IIRC. Solid win in the first round against Vassallo-Arguello as well. Almagro definately the better player. Obviously Amlagro should win but I think it could be a tough one. Wouldn't put it in a combo personally but it's up to you:ok

Pashinkski is a solid clay courter (36-14 on clay last 12 months' date=' but that's mostly bumped up by challengers and qualifiers). Had a great run in challengers a couple of years ago IIRC. Solid win in the first round against Vassallo-Arguello as well. Almagro definately the better player. Obviously Amlagro should win but I think it could be a tough one. Wouldn't put it in a combo personally but it's up to you:ok[/quote'] Thanks mate;)

Re: ATP Brasil/Delray Beach/Marseille & WTA Antwerp 11th-17th Feb Hi guys, following pick for tomorrow: ATP TOUR, DELRAY BEACH SPADEA TO D MULLER @ 1.5 at expekt Muller was struggling in Challengers for the last 2-3 seasons. Considering Spadea's good general form and always good form on US hard courts, its difficult to understand such odds - I would expect the odds to go down to 1.35-1.4. The H2H IS 1:0 to Spadea (US Open 2006 6-2 6-4 6-3) and similar result should be expected here.