Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open, Women

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHantuchova - Cornet set hc
SelectionCornet +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date17/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.20 (Back)
ReasoningWorth a shot.Cornet is surely capable of winning at least a set here.This girl has huge potential and watching her on court is pure pleasure.Hantuchova played solid match against King but nothing impressive.Value for me.

Re: Australian Open, Women MORIGAMI @ 3.31 Pinnacle. Here we go again! Morigami got the job done easily in the first round against Krajicek and has another good opportunity here. The lovely Kirilenko took 3 sets to beat Tu and had an injury time out in the 3rd for a problem with her right thigh:tongue2. Not sure how bad that is, but surely it helps Morigamis cause. Morigami has the game to frustrate Kirilenko, and Maria is capable of making a lot of errors, so I think this one definately has a chance. RUANO PASCUAL @ 1.59 Pinnacle. Inflated price here because Castano beat Safarova in the first round - Safarova was clearly injured (injured buttock if you're interested;)) so don't read anything into that. Before that Castano was on a run of 7 consecutive defeats including a 6-0 6-0 loss to Cirstea last week in qualifying. Ruano Pascual is a solid performer who is a class above Castano and the veteren should come through comfortably.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHantuchova - Cornet set hc
SelectionCornet +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date17/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.20 (Back)
ReasoningWorth a shot.Cornet is surely capable of winning at least a set here.This girl has huge potential and watching her on court is pure pleasure.Hantuchova played solid match against King but nothing impressive.Value for me.
Randell, if you think Cornet might get one set but might not win the match Hnatuchova to win 2-1 in sets is 5.9 on betfair?

Randell' date=' if you think Cornet might get one set but might not win the match Hnatuchova to win 2-1 in sets is 5.9 on betfair?[/quote'] Yeah but you'd be pissed if Cornet actually won:wall Last night we were talking about Wozniacki at a price of 3.00 now down to 2.5 best and most places better. Quite a bit of money there but the price of Bondarenko at 1.66 is starting to look decent:unsure.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJankovic - Razzano
SelectionRazzano
Strength10/10
Date18/01/2008
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 3.35 (Back)
ReasoningOdds are droping heavily on this one.Razzano is the kind of player that could cause a lot of problems to Jankovic even if serbian wouldn't be injured and when Jankovic has injury problems and fitness problems this bet looks even better.Against Paszek Jankovic won only by miracle and because of unexperienced Paszek.Gallovits was just too week to beat Jankovic but I heard that jankovic looked horrible on court struggling with her fitness.I'm playing this in a one ball bookie in case of retirement.At odds over 3.00 still worth a shot imo.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJankovic - Razzano
SelectionRazzano
Strength10/10
Date18/01/2008
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 3.35 (Back)
ReasoningOdds are droping heavily on this one.Razzano is the kind of player that could cause a lot of problems to Jankovic even if serbian wouldn't be injured and when Jankovic has injury problems and fitness problems this bet looks even better.Against Paszek Jankovic won only by miracle and because of unexperienced Paszek.Gallovits was just too week to beat Jankovic but I heard that jankovic looked horrible on court struggling with her fitness.I'm playing this in a one ball bookie in case of retirement.At odds over 3.00 still worth a shot imo.
She looked indeed not well in second, I just looked at Expekt.com and odds drop veryfast I got Razzano at 3.1 GL

Re: Australian Open, Women How often do these two play doubles (scores from today)?

Show Court 2 - Women's Doubles - 1st Round
Monique Adamczak AUS Christina Wheeler AUS 51
Serena Williams USA Venus Williams USA ao_sc_0000g7.gif 76
Match Statistics ao_sc_0000g6.gif
Court 7 - Women's Doubles - 1st Round
Jelena Jankovic SRB Bethanie Mattek USA ao_sc_0000g7.gif 6646
Nathalie Dechy FRA (5) Dinara Safina RUS (5) 3774
Match Statistics ao_sc_0000g6.gif
Jankovic did play today, although doubles is not the same physical requirements. Razzano is playing well and no doubt Jankovic is not at her best.

Re: Australian Open, Women Well Wozniacki got an excellent result and I'm going to back her to beat Lisicki in straight sets. I fell asleep and only woke up in time for the 2nd set of Kleybanova's match but from what I saw she played very well with a bit of a thigh injury against a strong looking Chakvetadze.

Re: Australian Open, Women JANKOVIC -3.5 @ 1.83 WillHill. Nice number as it allows any single break in each set win and a 7-6 6-3. Everyone is talking about Jankovic being injured, but we can't be certain, important thing is she is still getting the W and actually I thought she looked better physically in the second round than first. The one thing I am certain of is how this price has moved because of Jankovics injury - normally she would be 1.15 and the cap would be 5.5 - I think that move is too much. Also with this type of bet, a retirement and it's void. I like my chances. Sharapova v Vesnina Up to and including 18 games @ 1.72 Paddy. Very nice that this includes 18 games, but I think this one will be over before that. Sharapova was in spectacular form in the last round against Davenport, and although I doubt she'll reach that level again, expect this one just as easy on the scoreboard. She's the type that doesn't let up when ahead, which is crucial when trying to cover this number. Vesnina is nothing special, and doesn't have a big serve to keep this close, don't expect it to last long.

JANKOVIC -3.5 @ 1.83 WillHill. Nice number as it allows any single break in each set win and a 7-6 6-3. Everyone is talking about Jankovic being injured, but we can't be certain, important thing is she is still getting the W and actually I thought she looked better physically in the second round than first. The one thing I am certain of is how this price has moved because of Jankovics injury - normally she would be 1.15 and the cap would be 5.5 - I think that move is too much. Also with this type of bet, a retirement and it's void. I like my chances. Sharapova v Vesnina Up to and including 18 games @ 1.72 Paddy. Very nice that this includes 18 games, but I think this one will be over before that. Sharapova was in spectacular form in the last round against Davenport, and although I doubt she'll reach that level again, expect this one just as easy on the scoreboard. She's the type that doesn't let up when ahead, which is crucial when trying to cover this number. Vesnina is nothing special, and doesn't have a big serve to keep this close, don't expect it to last long.
Mr.I a question I can take Vesnina +7 at 1.98 or over 17 games at 1.8 which would you prefer? Or should i risk both?

Hi mate I'm backing UNDER' date=' the bet I'm on is like under 18.5 games:unsure[/quote'] Pff, lucky you answered me so i go for Sharapova - 7 at 1.75 , under 17 seems risky. i was totally messed up reading you postings during Handball were i lost 25% of my book and i must interpretate it totally wrong sorry.

-7 isn't great, can you go for -6.5 @ Will Hill or -5.5 @ Stan James or Betdirect? The under 18.5 is much better because you get 6-3 6-3 or 6-4 6-2 which you don't get with the -7 or even the -6.5.
thx, just do deposit at SJ ; book was dry for some months their and didn't check that possibility. GL

Re: Australian Open, Women Hi guys, the following pick for tomorrow: S.WILLIAMS TO D VAIDISOVA @ 1.4 at betfair Watching Serena destroy very talented Azarenka makes you think that she must be a contender for the title. She played Vaidisova 3 times in 2007 and has a 3:0 H2H record and 6:0 record in sets. Basically, Serena can get to most ball Vaidisova will hit and will force her into errors.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventChakvetadze - Kirilenko set hc
SelectionKirilenko +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date19/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.95 (Back)
ReasoningThis will be first real test for Anna here at AO.In the first round she didn't even play and in the second round she played Kleybanova who is young and promising player but on WTA level she is just a newbie.Chakvetadze had terrible endng of the previous season and I don't know if she managed to get back to her top form.If not then I see great chance for Kirilenko in this one to win at least one set.Kirilenko had some problems in the first round but in the second round she just destroyed Morigami.This win surely bosted her confidence.Kirilenko has more chances to win this match than the odds are suggesting imo.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPetrova - Makarova set hc
SelectionMakarova +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date19/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningBefore AO Petrova seemed to be out of form.She losed both her matches in new season.Here at AO she won her matches rather easily but she was playing not so great players.And lookin at statistics she was not playing that well.She is making lots of unforced errors.Makarova beat Szavay in the first round which is a great win imo and in the second round she had no problems with Meusberger.Imo Petrova will have much tougher task to deal with today than in the previous rounds.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWozniacki - Lisicki set hc
SelectionLisicki +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date19/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.79 (Back)
ReasoningWozniacki was rated as a dog in her both previous matches and now suddenly she is such a huge favourite against Lisicki who is in great form and is playing good on hard courts.No way imo.Lisicki is young promising player from Germany and she can easily take a set here if not the whole match.She made it to the main draw through qualies and beat Safina on her way to 3rd round.Wozniacki beat injured Dulko and out of form Bondarenko.Lisicki looks better for me in this one.

Re: Australian Open, Women Just placed an in running bet on the Venus natch - over 19.5 games @ 1.8, this Mirza plays some superb ground strokes, the serve lets her down, Williams is standing inside the baseline, thats the only thing that could damage the bet i suppose, other than that i see a very close match. Come on Mirza, take her to 3 sets!!