Australian Open, Women

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHsieh - Zakopalova
SelectionHsieh
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.14 (Back)
ReasoningHsieh went throught qualies comfortably and at the beginning of the season she played good in hopman cup.I can say that she is in rather good form.Zakopalova is nothing special really and I don't know why she is favourite in this one.Odds should be at least 50/50.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRezai - Bondarenko
SelectionRezai
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.47 (Back)
ReasoningRezai started her season really well beating Daniilidou and Srebotnik on herway to final at Auckland.Bondarenko on the other hand losed to rather poor player Lapushchenkovain her first match this season.Both players played already against each other and then Rezai won in straight two sets.I'm with a more talented French girl here :)
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPennetta - Cibulkova
SelectionPennetta
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.54 (Back)
ReasoningCibulkova may be a rising star but I'm not convinced by her play yet.I'm with a more experienced player in this one.Pennetta at the beginning of the season seems to be in good form and I will trust her.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRazzano - Harkleroad
SelectionRazzano
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.39 (Back)
ReasoningI believe that Razzano will be too much for Harkleroad here.Razzano had great last season and I hope she keeps it up in this one.Harkleroad made it to the semi final of Hobart but let's just look at her opponents.All not so great players.When she played against good Zvonareva she was hammered 2:6 1:6.Her record at WTA level from the previous years also speaks for her disadvantage.16-29 is not impressive at all.I will go with Razzano in this clash.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open, Woman Su-wei Hsieh is the one I jumped on early, Randall. I agree, a 50/50 or maybe 9/10 chance. Seems to have benefited (and confidence) from the solid preparation in better class where she took 8-games off Jankovic and got the win over Dulko. The market looks like it wants some of Zakopalova at present, so we'll probably see some 2.25 again within a couple of hours. I'm in the car and heading there myself in a few hours. Must have some of that Rezai one and Razzano looks the goods also. Ash.

Re: Australian Open, Woman Hi guys, Following picks for tomorrow: AUSTRALIAN OPEN BACSINSZKY TO D FERGUSON @ 1.3 at pinnacle 18 years old Bacsinszky is a potential top 10 player. She won 3 good matches in qualifying. Bacsinszky defeated Ferguson (a local wild-card ranked 176) just last week in Sydney 6:2, 6:2.

Re: Australian Open, Woman Morigami @ 1.83 Coral. Hit this at a one ball bookie because Krajicek is injured. Her left wrist is injured and she's struggling to hit a double handed backhand. She decided yesterday I think to play and not sure what she has to offer. Even if she isn't injured, this is a close match up. Morigami will make a lot of balls and frustrate Krajicek. Morigami had a great showing against Venus at Wimbledon last year and can put in another big performance. Krajicek hasn't done much since Wimbledon last year and this doesn't deserve to be 50/50 given her fitness.

Re: Australian Open, Woman Anyone got any opinions on Alize Cornet? I have her down to beat Clarisa Fernandez in straight sets. Fernandez is 26, ranked 400, only played a handful of matches last year and failed to beat anyone inside the top 150. Cornet is 17 and had a pretty good season last year with a 42-18 record. She has beaten a few top 100 players and made it to the 3rd round of the US Open where she was beaten 2-1 by Jankovic.

Re: Australian Open, Woman Odds on Cornet are not worth playing imo.Fernandez is trying to get back to WTA after some serious injury problems and as far as I know she can play some good tennis.She was 26 in wta ranking in 2003 and reached semi final at French Open before she got injured.At these odds I will skip it but I will support Cornet in this one as she is one of my favourite players in the whole tour :)

Re: Australian Open, Woman

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventParmentier - Muller
SelectionParmentier
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.40 (Back)
ReasoningParmentier looks like a clear favourite for me in this one.Muller is just awfull and I don't know what she is doing on 54 place in wta ranking.32-60 record on hard in previous five years.Parmentier had really good last season ending and she probably wants to keep it up.She is far better player on hard imo.

Odds on Cornet are not worth playing imo.Fernandez is trying to get back to WTA after some serious injury problems and as far as I know she can play some good tennis.She was 26 in wta ranking in 2003 and reached semi final at French Open before she got injured.At these odds I will skip it but I will support Cornet in this one as she is one of my favourite players in the whole tour :)
Thanks for the info Randall. I didn't know that. Cornet came through thankfully.

Re: Australian Open, Woman Hmm, young Russian rising star Kleybanova is to play Chakvetadze who was subjected to a nasty ordeal just before christmas when a gang tied her up and robbed her house. Towards the end of last year her form was shaky and she seemed to suffer a bit mentally when things weren't going right. I'm going to keep an eye on this one.

You know much about Kleybanova mate? Have to say I've never even seen the name:unsure
I was hoping you'd have heard of her to be honest. She breezed through the qualifiers and I noticed she was tipped elsewhere to beat Peng. And beat her she did at around 2.75. Any thoughts on young Wozniacki? She had a good season last year and I was impressed with her thrashing of Dulko. I wasn't confident enough to back her but I think now she'll give Bondarenko a decent game.

Re: Australian Open, Woman Cornet actually lost to Hantuchova in two sets last year at AO. In fact, I would rather back Hantuchova than Cornet in this one - Cornet got past the 2nd round at a Grand Slam once and Hantuchova seems to like AO - it is a Grandslam where she seems to have the best record at.;)

Re: Australian Open, Woman Did the robbery happen before 24-25/12 (christmas in West Europe) or before 6-7/1 (Christmas/New Year in Russia), kelios. If the first was the case, I think she's had enough time to recover or decide whether to go to Australia or not.;)

I was hoping you'd have heard of her to be honest. She breezed through the qualifiers and I noticed she was tipped elsewhere to beat Peng. And beat her she did at around 2.75. Any thoughts on young Wozniacki? She had a good season last year and I was impressed with her thrashing of Dulko. I wasn't confident enough to back her but I think now she'll give Bondarenko a decent game.
Dulko was injured last week in Hobart so not sure what kind of shape she was in. Wozniacki is another on I'm not sure about even though I've seen her play - last year she had 3 great tournaments at ITF level in the first 3 months - weirdly one on hard, one indoors and one on clay:\. After that not too much, as she entered bigger tournaments clearly found it tough. Looked to be getting better at the end of the year. I'm a bit of a Bondarenko fan;), but she's very inconsistant and not nice as a big fav. I probably won't play it, but can't put you off at a pretty juicy 3.00 or better:ok

Did the robbery happen before 24-25/12 (christmas in West Europe) or before 6-7/1 (Christmas/New Year in Russia)' date=' kelios. If the first was the case, I think she's had enough time to recover or decide whether to go to Australia or not.;)[/quote'] 18th December. Srebotnik beat her 7-5 6-1 last week. That's the sort of player she should be able to beat fairly easily so I think there may be a little room for doubt about her preparation. We shall see!

Re: Australian Open, Woman Pennetta @ 2.38 Pinnacle. Me like Flavia:). Pennetta is back on the up after a really rough 12 months and has started this year well. Had a bit of a struggle in the first round but in the womens game I don't think that's so important so just looking at the match up here. H2H is 2-0 to Razzano with the last one in Toyko semis last year when Pennetta was finding form again. She had chances to win that match and Razzano was on an awesome double tournament win in China and Toyko, beating Venus in the Toyko final (Pennetta actually beat Venus the week after in Bangkok;)). Razzano not on that sort of run at the moment and I think Pennetta has the better game and is finding good form. Nice price. Rezai @ 3.75 Blue Sq. Big dog with a pretty decent chance here. Rezai in good form, finished last year strongly and started this year with some strong wins in reaching the Auckland final (loss to Davenport). Beat Katty Bondarenko in the first round which is a good win and should have lot's of confidence. Golovin ended last year very well but not sure how she's playing at the moment - had a few wins but a loss to Jankovic where a lot of people were on her. Weird one in the first round dropping a set to Cohen-Aloro but that's OK, main thing she got through. I just think this one can be close, and having a go on the improving Rezai.

Re: Australian Open, Woman I've taken Davenport @ 3.85 to beat Maria tonight. I watched Lindsay a few times week before last, although in a weak field you looked in good shape, her game is more mature these days. Less running, lots of power from the baseline. I think she might just do it, although it's heart over head perhaps

Re: Australian Open, Woman I missed some decent bets yesterday because I was out drinking...I'm pissed like hell...Well let's try to win something today.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventDomachowska - Arvidsson
SelectionDomachowska
Strength10/10
Date17/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.22 (Back)
Reasoning50/50 match imo.Domachowska seems to be back in form.She went through qualies comfortably and in the first round she destroyed Johansson.If she is in form she can play some god tennis.She played already 3 matches against Arvidsson.All in 2006.H2H is 2:1 for Sofia but these two loses were after tough 3 set matches.I don't see any reason why Sofia should be favourite in this one.Marta has all it takes to win this one and with a bit of luck she can do it.

Re: Australian Open, Women

EventSabine Lisicki v Mariya Koryttseva
SelectionMariya Koryttseva
Strength10/10
Date16/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.03 (Back)
ReasoningSabine Lisicki has become favorite for this game only thanx to her upset over Safina. For sure she will be high on confidence but Im not sure its enough since Safina choose to lose the match herself. Koryttseva leads the h2h 3-0 so she surely knows how to beat Lisicki.

Pennetta @ 2.38 Pinnacle. Me like Flavia:). Pennetta is back on the up after a really rough 12 months and has started this year well. Had a bit of a struggle in the first round but in the womens game I don't think that's so important so just looking at the match up here. H2H is 2-0 to Razzano with the last one in Toyko semis last year when Pennetta was finding form again. She had chances to win that match and Razzano was on an awesome double tournament win in China and Toyko, beating Venus in the Toyko final (Pennetta actually beat Venus the week after in Bangkok;)). Razzano not on that sort of run at the moment and I think Pennetta has the better game and is finding good form. Nice price. Rezai @ 3.75 Blue Sq. Big dog with a pretty decent chance here. Rezai in good form, finished last year strongly and started this year with some strong wins in reaching the Auckland final (loss to Davenport). Beat Katty Bondarenko in the first round which is a good win and should have lot's of confidence. Golovin ended last year very well but not sure how she's playing at the moment - had a few wins but a loss to Jankovic where a lot of people were on her. Weird one in the first round dropping a set to Cohen-Aloro but that's OK, main thing she got through. I just think this one can be close, and having a go on the improving Rezai.
Nice one on Rezai Mr. I!! Good stuff, followed again. No pressure ;)