Darts - UK Open North East Regional (Sun 13th Jan)

Re: Darts - UK Open North East Regional (Sun 13th Jan) Just going to have a few little picks: Osborne @ 40/1 1 pt e.w I felt he would do a bit better last year especially towards the end of the year. Early on he got to a World q/f, UK Open semi and beat Wade in a very good game in Vegas but after that he struggled a bit. From what I saw of his TV performances, his problem looked to be on his doubles. He scores well just look at his first round exit at W/C this year with all those 180s, yet could not find enough doubles. However in a floor tournament they is less pressure and perhaps that could help. Painter the big threat on his board, I think they practice together too but I will just have a bit could overcome that and have a run. Scholten @ 25/1 1 pt e.w Scholten will be gutted I believe he went out in the W/C when he did. It was not that he played badly but really he seemed on top for long spells against Mardle only to go down 4-3 and if he was going to do Taylor on TV, the Q/F then would have been it and from then on he arguably would have been fav. I believe though from what I have seen of late his is in good form, played well enough at the Ally Pally and against opponents who played well enough themselves. Beat Barney earlier in Germany and of course played very well at the GSOD. A.Jenkins maybe the biggest threat on his board but he is not in good form and I would rather take Scholten @ 25/1 than Wade or King (possible last 16 opponents) at shorter prices as picking a winner between those two would not be that easy. Baxter @ 50/1 1 pt e.w Baxter's floor tournament results were much better towards the end of 2007. I must admit I was nearly writing him off and thinking he could be another one that just falls off the radar. However runs such as the final in Players Champ, Windy City winner suggests he has something left and in a floor event he must be considered a threat along with 50+ others :lol. He was not too bad at the W/C started well in his first game, ended over 90 average before losing to Dudbridge with another 90+ average. Klaasen probably the biggest threat on his board and that will be a tough one but I would not totally rule out a run from the Rocket with perhaps his section (quarter so to speak not as hard as others, not easy though.)

Re: Darts - UK Open North East Regional (Sun 13th Jan) 2 for me tomorrow. 1pt ew K.Painter to win NE Regional 20/1 Stan James (1/2 1,2) Kevin Painter played really well in the world championship before John Part ended his run in the semi finals but it took the tournament winner to stop him there. This event has no Barneveld, Taylor or John Part so Painter is rightfully one of the favourites to go all the way. He showed at the Grand Slam that the short matches don't worry him and he should be there or thereabouts. 1pt ew M.Walsh to win NE Regional 40/1 Stan James (1/2 1,2) Mark Walsh is playing some good darts again now and these events are the events he usually goes well in. Prior to the world championships Walshie made the last 16 and beyond a few times in Opens and Players Championship events. In the world championship he almost took Taylor out so that was proof alone of his form and confidence and if that Mark Walsh shows up in Gateshead he should have a good run.

Re: Darts - UK Open North East Regional (Sun 13th Jan)

Osborne @ 40/1 1 pt e.w I felt he would do a bit better last year especially towards the end of the year. Early on he got to a World q/f' date= UK Open semi and beat Wade in a very good game in Vegas but after that he struggled a bit. From what I saw of his TV performances, his problem looked to be on his doubles. He scores well just look at his first round exit at W/C this year with all those 180s, yet could not find enough doubles. However in a floor tournament they is less pressure and perhaps that could help. Painter the big threat on his board, I think they practice together too but I will just have a bit could overcome that and have a run.
Nice pick. Hope you had a few quid on :ok