Re: Tennis 31st - 6th

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPaszek - Kirilenko
SelectionPaszek
Strength10/10
Date02/01/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningI don't have any strong reasoning behind this bet.I just think that Paszek has more chances to win this one than the odds are suggesting.Both girls seems to be in a good form.Paszek can cause a lot of troubles to Kirilenko and with a bit of luck she can win this one.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventNa Li - Vaidisova
SelectionNa Li
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningNice odds for this one imo.First real test for Vaidisova on this tournament.She played already two matches but against rather poor opponents.H2H is 1:0 for Na Li.She won their previous match at Wimbledon in 2006.Imho she has more chances to win this one than the odds are suggesting.Value for me and worth a shot.

Re: Tennis 31st - 6th Paszek @ 2.44 v Kirilenko. Really like Paszek in this one. She has much more potential and a much greater optimul level. I think this match up will be good for her and she can really dominate most of the rallies. Kirilenko improved quite a bit last year, and she's the more consistant performer, but I still think Paszek is worth a shot at this price.

Re: Tennis 31st - 6th Zverev @ 1.8 v Spadea. Zverev finished last year excellently winning the challenger in Dnrpropetrovsk beating Becker, Canas and Tursunov which must have been one of the toughest challengers of the year. He's 20 and has a lot of potential - as well as a nice lefty serve. He got a solid win in the first round and I make him a decent favourite here. Spadea struggles to get wins on the tour nowadays (2-5 after US Open last year) and a win over Grosjean doesn't say much given the decline he showed last year. For me Zverev can have a good year and get into the top 50 at least, and he should be around 1.5. Peer @ 2.1 Coral v Safina. Just like the price here. Both have struggled a bit so far but I rate Peer as a much better player on hard courts. Hard to account for form here so I'm going on a gut feeling. Safina has a great record here, winning last year, beating Peer in the semis, but Peer was a tie break away from winning in straght sets. That made the H2H 3-0 to Safina, but the first two were when Peer was much more of an unknown.

EventShahar Peer vs Dinara Safina
SelectionShahar Peer
Strength10/10
Date02/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.02 (Back)
ReasoningDinara Safina seemed to be having troubles with her physic form during her win vs Penetta with chipping in 10 double-faults and dropped serve serving for the match. Shahar Peer is known for her excellent physic and should be able to wear down a tired Safina if this match becomes a tough one.

EventStanislas Wawrinka vs Agustin Calleri
SelectionAgustin Calleri
Strength10/10
Date03/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.33 (Back)
ReasoningNeither of these players impress when it comes to a high first serve % but botch have powerfull first serves. Wawrinka is the more stable from the baseline while Calleri is all about power and looking to finish off soon as possible. Wawrinka had a harder match vs C. Rochus then I thought he would have mostly because of C. Rochus playing excellent return game, another player with excellent return was Calleri vs Lee as he blasted Lees serves off the court. Wawrinka is the favorite thanks to better baseline abilities but I cant ignore the good odds on Calleri whos simply red-hot at the moment.

Re: Tennis 31st - 6th Trying Ljubicic again at a very respectable 1.56. I thought he was excellent in the first round and has a cracking 15-2 record here. Kohlscheiber has had a really soft draw playing Hernandez and Volandri and I don't think he'll be able to cope with Ljubicic on this surface. H2H is 2-0 to Ljubicic both in 2006.

Re: Tennis 31st - 6th Had an easy win with Cilic this morning.

I was thinking of Ljubicic as well but Kolhscreiber is one of my favorites on the tour so I skipped it...lol
Shocker towards the end of that set from Ljubicic. Still expect him to come through, not sure I'd be backing at 1.62 for a 1 set match though, especially with Kohl having the momentum:unsure

EventBenjamin Becker vs Michael Llodra
SelectionMichael Llodra
Strength10/10
Date04/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.94 (Back)
ReasoningBoth players have served well all week so far. Llodra beat Korolev thanx to big serving, serving around 65% first serves and winning almost 90% of the points of his first serve. Benjamin Becker is also a good server but I give Llodra slighter advantage in the rallies and in the fact that he's a leftie

Re: Tennis 31st - 6th Malisse @ 1.83 WillHill v Youzhny. Last year Malisse was awesome in winning Chennai and Delray Beach (including wins over Nadal and Blake) but then had a nightmare with a wrist injury keeping him out for 7 months and he had a little struggle coming back. However, he looks to be OK this week and really needs a bit effort at definding his title as his ranking is already down to 109. I think the form here is important and should give him a lot of confidence. Youzhny was very good last year, but not sure about this week. Had a crazy match with Roger-Vasselin (who let's be honest he should have crushed) going down 5-0 in the first set then winning it 7-5, losing the second 6-1 then coming back 6-2 in the third. No idea what was going on, but clearly he was having some problems - on a quick surface like Chennai, you don't lose serve that many times that easily without some sort of problem. H2H is 3-1 to Malisse with Youzhny taking the first meeting. Haase @ 2.42 v Cilic. Willing to take the dog in this one. Backed Cilic against Mahut and he got a great win, but I think he should be more like 1.8 in this contest. Haase got a great win against Baghdatis, then backed it up against Zovko where he could easily have put in a dodgy performance. Haase has a lot of potential and I'm willing to have a go at this price. Li @ 2.37 Stan James v Schnyder. Anyone remember back in Berlin 2006 when I backed Li @ 3.75 against Schnyder and she saved 11 match points and won 2-6 7-6 7-6? That was fantastic and I have to back her as a dog in this game. She has had a couple of excellent wins this week over Bammer and Vaidisova and has the perfect game to frustrate Schnyder. Schnyder got a good win over Mauresmo in the last round but I don't think Amelie is going to be a force this year and maybe Schnyder is being overrated in this game. H2H is 2-1 to Li, all close matches. Think this one is definately close to 50/50.

EventXavier Malisse vs Mikhail Youzhny
SelectionXavier Malisse
Strength10/10
Date04/01/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningEven though Youzhny has been great on the returns he had been too much up and downs so far and I think that should be a problem vs a Malisse who's injury free and looks to be in great form as he had fun on court with Melzer creating 15 breakpoints. Youzhny will look to defend well but I wonder how long that can work vs the attack waves from Malisse.

Re: Tennis 31st - 6th I am willing to take Wawrinka over Ljubicic @ 2.20, havent seen Wawa play this tournament, but Ljubicic looked inconsistent and fragile everytime he got into a rally in the middle part of his Q/F match. If Wawrinka can put in some good returns and make Ljubicic play 1 extra shot, then he should be able to defeat him, by allowing him to make his own mistakes. I think both Davydenko and Ljubicic are guys who's confidence can easily be broken,but saying that, Davydenko has more than a chance at odds of 2.55, and Murray should never be taken at such short odds IMO, so its a DNB for me. I saw Cilic at better odds last night, too short now. I've heard Malisse is on fire also, so his odds look to be good value.

Li @ 2.37 Stan James v Schnyder. Anyone remember back in Berlin 2006 when I backed Li @ 3.75 against Schnyder and she saved 11 match points and won 2-6 7-6 7-6? That was fantastic and I have to back her as a dog in this game. She has had a couple of excellent wins this week over Bammer and Vaidisova and has the perfect game to frustrate Schnyder. Schnyder got a good win over Mauresmo in the last round but I don't think Amelie is going to be a force this year and maybe Schnyder is being overrated in this game. H2H is 2-1 to Li, all close matches. Think this one is definately close to 50/50.
Another comeback from a set down, great fight:dude

Re: Tennis 31st - 6th Ljubicic @ 1.89 v Wawrinka. I was checking this match out last night and virtually everyone was tipping Wawrinka to win. Hence Ljubicic has drifted from 1.73 to 1.89 - why the hell didn't I lay Ljub last night, it was so obvious?:@ Anyway, I thought the 1.73-1.75 was fair so I'm going to take Ljubicic today. Wawrinka has appeared to be excellent this week, but he hasn't been on TV so I don't think people can be that sure. He's beaten Martin and C Rochus which should be easy then trashed Calleri - but looking at the scoreboard it did seem very easy, not sure Calleri was 100%. As I've said before I thought Ljubicic was excellent in his first match, then got a walkover and had a bit of a struggle against Kohlschreiber. I think that match will help him as he had to come through some tough moments and Wawrinka has a similar style of game to Kohl, although he does most things a little better. Ljubicic now stands at 16-2 in this event, and will be very tough to knock over. H2H is 3-0 to Ljubicic but Wawrinka has improved since all of them.

Re: Tennis 31st - 6th in my opinion the winner of murray v davydenko semi will win the tourny,but i really hope that ljubicic can pull out all the stops cause i have big bet on him retaining the trophy! and it will also stop ppl from saying that he is on the decline-we shall wait and see,i have confidence in the bloke

Re: Tennis 31st - 6th Been asked for my thoughts on the Murray game, and to be honest I'm not too sure. H2H 2-2 with Murray winning the last two but that was when he was really hot early last year. Don't think he's at that level this week, and had a couple of tough moments losing a first set to Schuettler and a big struggle in the first set against Johansson. Davydenko has been better than I expected this week, I think I mentioned during the Masters Cup last year that he was coming out of his slump a bit. His serve looks a lot better than later last year and in general I've been impressed this week. Seen Murray drifting a touch today, which I think is fair - lol, just checked and the late money is coming for Murray which is a bit strange as he'd been going out for the past couple of hours. I think Davydenko has a good chance in this, especially early on, he could well take the first set. also note Murray was tolding his back a bit yesterday, no idea if it will be affecting him today. Actually, just layed Murray @ 1.65 as it should be over 1.70 like it was before.