** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Criticism please

ColU_FC

This is the hand that I went out with early in last night's PL game. I thought TQM had been fairly aggresive up to this point. My thoughts were he might be trying one on me, how wrong I was. How poor was my play? ***** Hand 872279120 ***** 15.00/30.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 18 December 2007 20:20:58 Aruba (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: Invasor1 (2470.00) Seat 2: WoodyTHFC (2900.00) Seat 3: Densa1985 (1675.00) Seat 4: Davanjala (2340.00) Seat 5: gazabroad (2425.00) Seat 6: PL De Wolf (2425.00) Seat 7: RednuttPL (475.00) Seat 8: ColU_FC (3155.00) Seat 10: PL TQM (3570.00) PL TQM post SB 15.00 Invasor1 post BB 30.00 ** Deal ** Invasor1 [N/A, N/A] WoodyTHFC [N/A, N/A] Densa1985 [N/A, N/A] Davanjala [N/A, N/A] gazabroad [N/A, N/A] PL De Wolf [N/A, N/A] RednuttPL [N/A, N/A] ColU_FC [7h, 8h] PL TQM [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** WoodyTHFC Fold Densa1985 Fold Davanjala Fold gazabroad Fold PL De Wolf Fold RednuttPL Fold ColU_FC Raise to 90.00 PL TQM Raise to 240.00 Invasor1 Fold ColU_FC Call 240.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [5h, 9h, As] *** Bet Round 2 *** PL TQM Bet 330.00 ColU_FC All-in 2915.00 PL TQM Call 2915.00 *** Turn(Board): *** : [5h, 9h, As, Qs] *** River(Board): *** : [5h, 9h, As, Qs, 2c] *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.00 Total Pot: 6340.00 Invasor1 Fold Win: 0.00 WoodyTHFC Fold Win: 0.00 Densa1985 Fold Win: 0.00 Davanjala Fold Win: 0.00 gazabroad Fold Win: 0.00 PL De Wolf Fold Win: 0.00 RednuttPL Fold Win: 0.00 ColU_FC [7h, 8h] Highest card ace Win: 0.00 PL TQM [Ac, Ad] Three of a kind, aces Win: 6340.00

Re: Criticism please Well, why did you go all in? Did you want him to fold or to see the rest? What would he call you with? Ax? High PP? 55/99 maybe. Would he bet with nothing? Maybe 1000 would've had the same effect, if you just wanted him to fold. At best you would be 58/42 against Ax, seems unlikely he would call with worse.

Re: Criticism please

I think once TQM bets out on the flop, I'm folding.
Look again mate. Inside straight flush draw? You're folding? The re-raise isn't good though is it? Personally speaking I think TQM hides his stealing very well and is his key strength. Often I've thought he was stealing and he had something and vice versa. Agree with Croc about seeing the turn and giving up if I missed. :ok

Re: Criticism please Easy call after flop, then reraise him all in on the river with a semi bluff. Same result but it doesnt make it a bad play. All in after the flop to win 500 chips with the worst hand, why not? It will work most of the time and even if it doesnt you have plenty outs if called. Unfortunetly you came up against a set of Aces. Taking into account the ammount of times TQM would have a hand he would fold and the ammount of times you would out draw him its probably a profitable play long term. I went out last night reraising all in with "rags" and like you I was unfortunate enough to be raising a real hand so he called, but I still think it was an ok play by me. Afterwards of course I realised I should have called the raise and then pushed on the rag rag rag flop. Which I dont think A/K could call Hear a lot of "well at least you know you went in with the best hand" comments after players get knocked out of tournies. Truth of the matter is you need to be a hell of a lucky to win anything without winning a lot of pots you werent ahead in by forcing a fold. So no criticism here, in fact this is more unlucky than half the bad beats we read on here.

Re: Criticism please

Criticism please
  1. You are too tall - it hurts to bend my neck to look you in the eye to talk to you.
  2. I can't understand you one ounce when you have had a glass or two of the fave tipple.
  3. You live too far away - we don't see you enough.

Oops you meant your play .............. I would have probably done the same thing as I cannot tell when TQM is bluffing or not. :$

Re: Criticism please In a cash game I make this play a lot, you obviously have outs, and usually have fold equity and if he calls and you miss, simply reload. In a tourney however, I'm not a tourney player much btw, I would probably just call the flop, without a read. The thing is his flop bet is obviously small, about half the pot, and after reraising pre out of position, if this is a steal attempt a weak bet like that isnt going to be effective most of the time. Here's where you use your reads, if he generally bets 3/4 to the full size of the pot, alarm bells would be ringing. To me a half pot bet after a reraise doesn't look like a steal anyway, but I've never played TQM so no idea of his play. But by making this small bet he's giving you great odds with a semi-disguised hand vs a hand he would find tough to fold. So in short I would just call without a read, but if the opp was a LAGtard of some sorts, and the half pot bet isnt unusual, a push here is good.