Vicarious pleasure

McG

Before you perverts get too excited, I'm not referring to the "dogging" thread in General Chat. Once again, my Sunday has crumbled to nothing and I have started to watch slapdash in the Sunday warmup ($550 so far), and it got me thinking. "Is it wrong to get pleasure from the performances of others?" In my defence, I'm also learning a lot as I watch him steal blinds from late position (I haven't a clue what his cards are most of the time - and the same applies to the other players at the table :loon). For me, part of the forum experience is enjoying the successes of others. It doesn't result in any financial gain for me, but I genuinely feel better if someone from PL does well in a tournament - as long as it's not at my expense, of course. Do others feel the same, or am I just weird? Please don't all shout at once. McG :gimme

Re: Vicarious pleasure If you get pleasure from watching ME play poker, then ... you're weird, I'm afraid. :loon But seriously, why would it be wrong? I feel a bit bad that I don't rail PLers more often when they're doing well in tournaments. As for what my cards were when I stole the blinds, I'm afraid that's between me and my maker. :tongue2 Thanks for watching, by the way. Sorry I didn't give you vicarious pleasure for a bit longer.

Re: Vicarious pleasure I was watching :ok Can't say I got the same hard on as McG though. I was in the stars $100k that turned out to $200k as fookin 20,000 entered anyway as I was watching Slap I soon chopped my way through the field and into the money and went out 2600th ish for $20 :lol:lol

Re: Vicarious pleasure I get oodles and oodles of pleasure from seeing PL'rs get big wins - when we get results like Runadrum and Washman qualifying for Aussie Millions, Chess winning $100,000 (yes I know he doesn't like us at the moment, but that doesn't diminish how pleased I was to see him win it!!), the hordes who qualify for WSOP each year, etc.... and we seem to be getting more and more of them.... :nana :cow :nana :cow

Re: Vicarious pleasure

Can't say I got the same hard on as McG though.
He makes out he's a tough guy but he's the one who popped up on MSN cheering when Runadrum qualified for the Aussies Millions the night before the Virgin Festival. :lol Runa, Runa, Runa oi, oi, oi. ;) Have to say Slappy seeing as you and Runa are quite folically challenged I can only assume its the northern accent that does it for WASP. :tongue2

Re: Vicarious pleasure

Have to say Slappy seeing as you and Runa are quite folically challenged I can only assume its the northern accent that does it for WASP. :tongue2
:lol I have to say vicarious is a great word that is often under used but for me it send shudders down my spine :sad. When I was at Uni my one of my units was Managerial Law and in my final exam one of the questions was on Vicarious Liability. I set off writing ten to the dozen about a landmark case about somebody v some company (cant remember the case) and he was suing them for being vicarious liable Health and saftey wise after an accident he had at work. It wasn't until I got about 4 pages in I reaslied that the case had nothing to do with Vicarious Liabilty and I had been studying and reciting the wrong case :wall and I had just wasted 1 hour of a 4 hour exam :puke