Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov For my point of view discussion about Israel:Russia match is very interesting because I see clear distinction between people from Great Britain/Benelux/maybe some others country and people from Balkan/Russia/Italy... For us (from Balkan, Italy...) it's always possible to think about fixing - this is our history of sports. Let's see every ending of the season in Italy - in my country last 3 or 4 days in Calccio are almost noting to bet - bookies skips almost every match except 2 or 3 for relegation or title. Maybe I'm naive but I think people from England thinking in terms of fair-play and simply cannot think in our manner. And fixing match today is more sophisticated - Abramovich or something else didn't take bag full of money and entering loker room of opposite side. Papa Lazarou wrote about some of this things. I would be very happy if we are wrong. Sorry for my english

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov

For my point of view discussion about Israel:Russia match is very interesting because I see clear distinction between people from Great Britain/Benelux/maybe some others country and people from Balkan/Russia/Italy... For us (from Balkan' date=' Italy...) it's always possible to think about fixing - this is our history of sports. Let's see every ending of the season in Italy - in my country last 3 or 4 days in Calccio are almost noting to bet - bookies skips almost every match except 2 or 3 for relegation or title. Maybe I'm naive but I think people from England thinking in terms of fair-play and simply cannot think in our manner. And fixing match today is more sophisticated - Abramovich or something else didn't take bag full of money and entering loker room of opposite side. Papa Lazarou wrote about some of this things. I would be very happy if we are wrong. Sorry for my english[/quote'] A very good post and your english is fine, more than fine in fact. :ok

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov I have a few picks too First of all, must say that Over 2.5 in Portugal-Armenia game look like a clear pick for me. Odds are not great i think around 1.40. Armenia play very atractive and fast football, with two ultra fast wingers. They don't have nothing to lose, and belive that they will play open game. Portugal speak for him self, and will score few against poor Armenia defence. 8/10 Belgium can be stuner for Poland, who is in must win situation. Probably the youngest team in competition, with no pressure and relaxing saturday night game. Poland WILL start cautious, so I think that Draw is quite possible on Half-time. Pressure is on Poland and I think they will slip. I will Lay Poland for small stakes 2/10 And about Israel-Russia game. I read in some newspapers that English economists calculate that if England don't go on Euro, England will suffer 1.7 Billion loss. Izraelian players will surely have great, great bonuses from England (Which IS legal), and that says all about motivation. And also, some russian maybe find out that he need extra cash, and that is quite possible with russian mentality (mine is similar). I will Lay Russia GL! Ivan

Few people from Croatia told me this morning that Croatians footballers placing bets to Macedonia-Croatia draw' date=' even cs 2:2. I don't like this, but I can't not to play for a small stake. BOL![/quote'] Hello there, my first post, so I'll be nice to you!:lol now tell me, croatian footballers as national players or... then tell me, few people, as if 2,3,4,5 or maybe even 6 of them... few people told me that they will play: Macedonia : (-2) Hrvatska , which means Croatia wins by 3 goals, 4 of them played same thing,they must be drunk already, or it must be fixed... there's been lot of this and that about game tonight, but I'm sure that Croatian team is far better, and Macedonian team missing best player Pandev is in our favor, but our manager Bilić is not a guy who will go for a one point, he wants three points and players wants same, cause they are aware of playing for point usually ends with :wall so to have, at the end of the day, :beer and :nana boys have to play for victory, and even if we are friendly with Macedonians, I expect nothing but victory, and some goals.. if it end in a draw, hope it will be: we lead, and host score goal in 93rd minute, just before final whistle, because my little heart is not what it used to be...:sad

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov Israel - Russia thinking that they wont run like mad first 45 minutes, they will be looking for chances, of course, but no rush, secont half, time is running out for russians, have to attack, and they will, but what will happen', don't know, it can go both ways, must win games are hardest ones to play, an many time doesn't finnish the way everybody thinks, do not forget that Israel lost only one game in last 18, or is it 19, games at home, so it won't be easy... anyway first half X @ 2,40

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov Some matches that I think will be tight and more than likely end in a draw. Wales v Ireland No clear favourite here, Ireland need to win to ensure 3rd place seeding for future events, but without a permanent manager you cant even factor in the new manager syndrome. Wales haven’t been performing well at home - no goals scored against the 2 qualified teams . The reverse fixture only had 1 goal and that going to the home side, I think the welsh wont score again but they won’t concede either, so a boring 0-0 draw is the most likely outcome but I will cover with 0-1 to Ireland. Selection: Draw 7/10 Interest Bets: 0-0, 0-1, 0-1 Scotland v Italy Both sides will be pumped up for this match and I think the pressure is more on Scotland than Italy. Having said that, the Scots don’t panic and have ground out 1-0 wins against the odds ( v France). This surely gives them confidence against other top teams. Scotland can score but will they have to catch up and equalise or hang on to a 1-0 win. My heart wants a home win but a draw will suffice for Italy. Selection: Draw 6/10 Interest Bets: 1-0, 1-1, 0-1 Israel v Russia Russia do not play well away from home and Israel tend to perform better at home. The loss of Benayoun will hit Israel but they are not a 1 man team, they can get results at home. The pressure is on Russia but can they change their away form to a winning one? I think not and am going for the Draw Selection: Draw 6/10 GL

Some matches that I think will be tight and more than likely end in a draw. Wales v Ireland No clear favourite here, Ireland need to win to ensure 3rd place seeding for future events, but without a permanent manager you cant even factor in the new manager syndrome. Wales haven’t been performing well at home - no goals scored against the 2 qualified teams . The reverse fixture only had 1 goal and that going to the home side, I think the welsh wont score again but they won’t concede either, so a boring 0-0 draw is the most likely outcome but I will cover with 0-1 to Ireland. Selection: Draw 7/10 Interest Bets: 0-0, 0-1, 0-1 Scotland v Italy Both sides will be pumped up for this match and I think the pressure is more on Scotland than Italy. Having said that, the Scots don’t panic and have ground out 1-0 wins against the odds ( v France). This surely gives them confidence against other top teams. Scotland can score but will they have to catch up and equalise or hang on to a 1-0 win. My heart wants a home win but a draw will suffice for Italy. Selection: Draw 6/10 Interest Bets: 1-0, 1-1, 0-1 Israel v Russia Russia do not play well away from home and Israel tend to perform better at home. The loss of Benayoun will hit Israel but they are not a 1 man team, they can get results at home. The pressure is on Russia but can they change their away form to a winning one? I think not and am going for the Draw Selection: Draw 6/10 GL
Hello there, my first post, so I'll be nice to you!:lol now tell me, croatian footballers as national players or... then tell me, few people, as if 2,3,4,5 or maybe even 6 of them... few people told me that they will play: Macedonia : (-2) Hrvatska , which means Croatia wins by 3 goals, 4 of them played same thing,they must be drunk already, or it must be fixed... there's been lot of this and that about game tonight, but I'm sure that Croatian team is far better, and Macedonian team missing best player Pandev is in our favor, but our manager Bilić is not a guy who will go for a one point, he wants three points and players wants same, cause they are aware of playing for point usually ends with :wall so to have, at the end of the day, :beer and :nana boys have to play for victory, and even if we are friendly with Macedonians, I expect nothing but victory, and some goals.. if it end in a draw, hope it will be: we lead, and host score goal in 93rd minute, just before final whistle, because my little heart is not what it used to be...:sad
:welcome to PL guys. :ok

Paul Ross is right' date=' not much value, but if someone is convinced about a game, in a treble with 2 more small-value games, value is there, isn't it? [/quote'] Nicko, I'm interested in how putting a team that has no value into an accumulator, makes it become good value? It is the same value, no matter what bet it is in, surely?

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov appreciate all the talk on the Israeli - Russian match and... have decided to avoid it altogether. Will place a small wager on a treble with Poland instead Poland Denmark Bulgaria Cheers everyone Kevin in Toronto

appreciate all the talk on the Israeli - Russian match and... have decided to avoid it altogether. Will place a small wager on a treble with Poland instead Poland Denmark Bulgaria Cheers everyone Kevin in Toronto
Hi Kev, Any reasons behind those bets? Also, I wouldn't back Denmark with stolen money at 2.10, I've layed them quite heavy on betfair @ 2.20 and 2.26.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov My picks for today: Scotland-Italy Scotland is doing well so far but Italy have a better team (well, they're the actual World Champions so...) and they have their backs against the wall. My pick: away 0, -0.5AH (Asian Handicap) Portugal-Armenia A victory tonight might be enough for Portugal to qualify (it all depends on the results from Finland and Serbia). The team and the Country are all pumped up for tonight's game in Leiria. Armenia sacked their coach this week and should have no motivation at all in this game. Risky but I'll take it... ...my pick: home -2.5AH Israel-Russia Russia is OK as a team (not a top one IMO but a good one) and they have a good coach in Gus Hiddink. Israel did very well up until tehy lost the game in England but they still did ok overall IMO. They're a tough team to beat at home and I see them giving the Russians a hard time. My pick: home +1AH; Bulgaria-Romania Bulgaria is doing OK but Romania is doing extremely well and sitting at the top of their group. I think Romania will be happy with a draw tonight and I see it as very likely to happen. My pick: draw; Good luck! JC P.S.) on 83m Azerbaijan is up 0-1 away in Finland...the odd was set at 25.00 :gimme!!!...

Nicko, I'm interested in how putting a team that has no value into an accumulator, makes it become good value? It is the same value, no matter what bet it is in, surely?
:ok Must be English not being my native language, still in my eyes any correct bet/choice even at odds 1,20 is value, as Mr. Adam Smith would probably say. And I do not agree to disagree with you, as I agree with most of what you said re Israel game, please check my first 3 posts on it. It is another story how good my pick for Russia to win is, but as I am 44, be sure I won't be here posting '' I told you '' if the game ends with a convincing Russian win, or posting :wall if it ends 0-0. I would rather check G:G or McFLY's posts if any on games tomorrow. Regards

:ok Must be English not being my native language, still in my eyes any correct bet/choice even at odds 1,20 is value, as Mr. Adam Smith would probably say. And I do not agree to disagree with you, as I agree with most of what you said re Israel game, please check my first 3 posts on it. It is another story how good my pick for Russia to win is, but as I am 44, be sure I won't be here posting '' I told you '' if the game ends with a convincing Russian win, or posting :wall if it ends 0-0. I would rather check G:G or McFLY's posts if any on games tomorrow. Regards
Neither will I mate, if Russia win, just interested in how you see value, but mayeb there is a language barrier there. ;) Good luck

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov i think Denmark will win tonight, sure NI have beaten some good teams at home, just think their bubble will burst against Denmark, who imo are a better group of players.:eek both teams locked on 17pts, both must win their next two games to stand a chance of qualifying. 2.2 on Denmark is a fair price, unlike the price on Russia tonight.:ok

i think Denmark will win tonight, sure NI have beaten some good teams at home, just think their bubble will burst against Denmark, who imo are a better group of players.:eek both teams locked on 17pts, both must win their next two games to stand a chance of qualifying. 2.2 on Denmark is a fair price, unlike the price on Russia tonight.:ok
Definately agree with this!! England match was a flook, and the Spain match they just bullied them, they won't be able to do this against a physical Danish team who have much the better players!

A draw there is possible if Spain underperform' date=' or Sweden produce some fine football ( which they can ), or both. I just can't see two good teams sitting back and calculating the Danish chances, and waiting for the full time result in Northern Ireland. Another fixed game ? Please don't! Simply go for the draw at best odds possible if you think it is worth the risk and money :ok[/quote'] Was not suggesting a fix, but when a team knows a draw will do, and they are a strong team like Sweden, I can easily see that mentality slipping into how they play - not to lose. As for Spain, not a huge amount of motivation and will have to break down a strong team playing for the draw.

If we're talking about last week of Seria A, Russian Premier League or Bulgarian League etc... I agree matches are shall we say "arranged". However this is an international match of great magnitude, the eyes of the world are on it and it cannot possibly be fixed, because if it was, football would never be the same again and turmoil would begin of the highest order.
Football is not the same anymore - English teams are not owned by Brits anymore; Bwin is sponsoring teams like Milan and Real; this Kia guy owns players like Tevez... Not saying that internationals are fixed but the game has definitely changed.

Belgium can be stuner for Poland, who is in must win situation. Probably the youngest team in competition, with no pressure and relaxing saturday night game. Poland WILL start cautious, so I think that Draw is quite possible on Half-time. Pressure is on Poland and I think they will slip. I will Lay Poland for small stakes 2/10
betting with your heart Vagus, aren't we? ;) Polish players have grown mentally under coach Beenhakker and they will not blow it tonight. Poland have never qualified for Euro and players are aware that all that effort cannot be wasted. we might come back to the 'value' issue, since backing us @1.44 does not represent any. the game will be played in a packed 55k stadium in sub zero conditions (it might even fckin snow), with under soil heating though. most of the young (subbed) Belgian players have not played in a scenario like that. confirmed squad for tonight: Artur Boruc - Marcin Wasilewski, Michał Żewłakow, Jacek Bąk, Grzegorz Bronowicki - Wojciech Łobodziński, Mariusz Lewandowski, Radosław Sobolewski, Euzebiusz Smolarek, Jacek Krzynówek - Maciej Żurawski. might have a nibble of 3-0 @11.5 at Betfair :drums:drums:drums Euro here we come :ok

Was not suggesting a fix' date=' but when a team knows a draw will do, and they are a strong team like Sweden, I can easily see that mentality slipping into how they play - not to lose. As for Spain, not a huge amount of motivation and will have to break down a strong team playing for the draw.[/quote'] Agree and hope Sweden scores too.

Israel 01.jpg@8.0 with Betfair to beat Russia.13135.jpg Israel have a good record against Russia in recent years and even managed a draw in Russia.:loon Israel have only lost 2 from 18 since 2000 at home in compeitive games while the Russia team have only won 2 from their last 7 competitive away games. The RFO make Isreal odds 2.82.. Well worth a puint IMHO. Be'hatzlacha, Yitachen:ok
David crushes Goliath again:clap:clap david-slaying-goliath-~-1157362.jpg

Abromovich is a business man, do you think that businessman that worked so hard to reach that wealth level really have that time to watch football matches :\ His main priority will always be revenue first. He bought in Peter Kenyon, a proven marketing success and all those talk that Chelsea will be most successful club in 2010 is further strengthen by forcing Chelsea to play attractive attacking football.
If Roman Abromovich wants Chelsea to play "attractive attacking football" he should have hired Johan Cruiff 3 seasons ago and not Mourinho (Mourinho never had his teams playing attacking football, he always has his teams playing to win) in the 1st place. If his goal is to have Chelsea as one of the most sucessful clubs by 2010, he should have kept Mourinho. :cheers JC

My picks for today: Scotland-Italy Scotland is doing well so far but Italy have a better team (well, they're the actual World Champions so...) and they have their backs against the wall. My pick: away 0, -0.5AH (Asian Handicap) won Portugal-Armenia A victory tonight might be enough for Portugal to qualify (it all depends on the results from Finland and Serbia). The team and the Country are all pumped up for tonight's game in Leiria. Armenia sacked their coach this week and should have no motivation at all in this game. Risky but I'll take it... ...my pick: home -2.5AH lost Israel-Russia Russia is OK as a team (not a top one IMO but a good one) and they have a good coach in Gus Hiddink. Israel did very well up until tehy lost the game in England but they still did ok overall IMO. They're a tough team to beat at home and I see them giving the Russians a hard time. My pick: home +1AH; won Bulgaria-Romania Bulgaria is doing OK but Romania is doing extremely well and sitting at the top of their group. I think Romania will be happy with a draw tonight and I see it as very likely to happen. My pick: draw; lost Good luck! JC P.S.) on 83m Azerbaijan is up 0-1 away in Finland...the odd was set at 25.00 :gimme!!!...
Portugal horrible performance tonight (with Cristiano Ronaldo, Quaresma and Simão clearly uninspired) kept me from having a nice profit. At least they're only one draw away from qualification (but surely have to play better next wednesday at home against Finland). :cheers JC