WTA Sony Ericsson Championships Madrid 2007

EventSvetlana Kuznetsova - Ana Ivanovic
SelectionAna Ivanovic
Strength10/10
Date06/11/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetsafe @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningAna Ivanovic has already beaten Kuznetsova twice this year and with a play that suits better indoors Im expecting her be in control and dictate the game if she can handle the pressure.

Re: WTA Sony Ericsson Championships Madrid 2007

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSharapova - Hantuchova
SelectionSharapova
Strength10/10
Date06/11/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningOdds for this match were changing heavilly.First Maria was strong favourite.Then Hantuchova was slighty favourite and now once again Sharapova is favourite.I would be more calm if I know that Maria is in form and she has her shoulder injury cured but I simply don't know that and I must take a little bit of risk here while betting on Sharapova.Hantuchova seems to be in form but I watched few of her last games and I must say that she is unstable on court.Once she is playing great tennis and in a minute she can play just crap...putting all her balls on out.If Maria would be in form odds would be like 1.25-1.30 for her win so this 1.83 looks great and I'm going to back that.Maria is for me far better player than Daniela.GL

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventIvanovic - Hantuchova games hc
SelectionIvanovic -3.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date07/11/2007
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningThis one looks good.Other bookies have -4 hc and at Gamebookers and Partybets this -3.5 hc is priced only 1,65.After what I've seen yesterday I may say that Ivanovic can win this tournament if she will keep playing like yesterday :) Ivanovic -Kuznetsova was yesterdays best game for sure.Both players were pure gold on court.Awesome play.If she will keep this kind of play today against Daniela she should have no problem winning this one and probably securing semifinal place.

EventAna Ivanovic - Daniela Hantuchova
SelectionAna Ivanovic
Strength10/10
Date07/11/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.38 (Back)
ReasoningAna had some rough times against Kuznetsova with her nerves failing her but she did stand up for the challange and won the match. Hantuchova struggles to power players like Sharapova and Ana with powerfull serves and agressive play which forces Hantuchova to make errors when returning.

EventSvetlana Kuznetsova - Maria Sharapova
SelectionMaria Sharapova
Strength10/10
Date08/11/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningKuznetsovas play doesnt fit into indoor and she has troubles attacking when returning her opponents serves. Specially tall and har serving players like Sharapova. If Sharapova can post a high first serve % then Kuznetsova shouldnt be such a big threat on the returns tomorrow.
EventJelena Jankovic - Anna Chakvetadze
SelectionAnna Chakvetadze
Strength10/10
Date08/11/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.55 (Back)
ReasoningAfter Serenas retirement Chakvetadze has a golden opportunity to advance from the group but for that she better win the match against Jankovic. Jankovic has looked out of shape lately and been serving too poorly and Chakvetadze will give 100% trying to take advantage of that.

Re: WTA Sony Ericsson Championships Madrid 2007 Hi guys, following pick for today: WTA MADRID CHAKVETADZE TO D JANKOVIC @ 2.4 at pinnacle Chakvetadze has better recent form, a 5:2 total H2H record. Jankovic looked very tired against Henin yesterday after a long season of 100 matches. Chakvetadze is more consistent and will force Jankovis into unforced errors.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHenin - Bartoli
SelectionUnder 19 games
Strength10/10
Date08/11/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Unibet @ 1.75 (Back)
ReasoningTime for a little revenge from Henin for wimbledon defeat.Little Federer of womens tennis I would say :) She is just great on court.Against Chakvetdze she had some problems with her serve and that's why she had to play this tb in second set.But against Jankovic it was different story and she just smashed her.Henin is a player who plays all her matches with 100% attitude and I don't see any reason why today should be different.Bartoli is just much worse player imho.They played 3 matches already against each other.Two of them were easy wins for Justine and at Wimbledon she losed.I don't realy know what happened there.She won first set 6:1 and she was leading with a brak in second if I remember correct.And after that she started to play bad tennis :) This situation won't happen again imo and I see easy win for Henin.Also at the end of the season Henin looks more fresh than Bartoli.Bartoli's fitness is just questionable.GL

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSharapova - Kuznetsova set hc
SelectionKuznetsova +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date08/11/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.43 (Back)
ReasoningI just can't see Maria winning this one 2:0.Kuznetsova played some great tennis against Ivanovic.Great play from base line with strong shots.In some moments awesome play.Sharapova was solid enough to outshot Hantuchova but today should be different story and she will have much more problems against Sveta.

idiot Sharapova...5-6' date=' 40-15 to 5-7[/quote'] Mate, Maria is a battler and she will fight to the very death so I wouldnt get too frustrated yet. She is a very hot and cold player but she is just back from a long layoff and she lacks match fitness. She has impressed me hugely so far in the tournament and I am not worried about her in this match yet. I think she will get better and better as the match goes on, and I still fancy her to win. :ok:ok

Re: WTA Sony Ericsson Championships Madrid 2007 Ana Ivanovic - Maria Sharapova 1.90 (Pinny) Even statistics point to Ivanovic in today clash, I would fancy Sharapova to win. She looked soo hungry to win yesterday; beside she has all is needed to win over Serbian player: forceful play, good reaction on return, freshness and desire for revenge (only look into her eyes and you'll find that this girl never forgets humiliations like 2-6 1-6 in Roland Garros this year). Motivation factor should be not a problem for both players, as they surely want to avoid Henin in the semis, but I saw Ana very tired and struggling at the end of the match against Hantuchova. Moreover, Sharapova is more experienced in this kind of tournaments. I hope that Maria is finally back in THE GAME.

Re: WTA Sony Ericsson Championships Madrid 2007 I made a simple calculation regarding the "second place fight" between Kusznetsova, Jankovic and Ivanovic. Second place (and even third) at the end of the year is important, so no player would let the chance go easily, I think. 2.Svetlana has 3750 points atm 3.Jelena 3475 pts 4.Ana 3161 pts The fourth place gets 105 points, the third 185, the semifinalists 335, the finalist 525 and the winner gets 750 pts. That means that, if Svetlana gets 185 points, she will preserve the second place, no matter of the other results. So, there is motivation by her side in today's match against Hantuchova. Jelena will keep the 3rd place only if Ana won't advance into the final. She has no chance on getting the 2nd spot anymore.

Re: WTA Sony Ericsson Championships Madrid 2007 Kuznetsova (-2.5 hcp) to win @ 1.87 (Pinny) UNDER 22 @1.86 (Pinny) Finally, I decided to go for these two bets altogether. As I said, I think Svetlana still has motivation on her side to finish the second in the 2007 ranking. Yesterday, she had a good first set against Sharapova and also she played well in the first match vs. Ivanovic. Still, she lost both of them. I think there's some frustration in her now and she will try to show today that the is still the second player in the world. And I think the match will finish in two sets, so the -2.5 hcp would be easily coverable. Under is a good option if we look at H2H, where 6/9 matches between these two ended under, but also from the tournament perspective, in which ~2/3 matches go under. Overall, Svetlana leads Daniela 6:3, I hope that tonight she will add one more win.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJankovic - Bartoli set hc
SelectionBartoli +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date09/11/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.09 (Back)
ReasoningOk Bartoli was trashed yesterday by Henin but she wasn't that bad.It's just Henin who played such great tennis that Bartoli had nothing to say.Yesterday she was just from another planet !!! That lose at Wimbledon pissed her off :) Today should be different story as Marion is playing Jankovic who is not the same player as she used to be during whole season.She is just poor here and I don't see her as such a big favorite as bookies do.Bartoli for sure wants to erase that awfull defeat from yesterday so she will give her best to win this.Imho she should take at least one set here.GL

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSharapova - Ivanovic set hc
SelectionSharapova +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date09/11/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.38 (Back)
ReasoningSharapova is on fire.She was great yesterday against Kuznetsova despite losing first set.In the next two she just wiped the court with Svetlana.Against Ivanovic who lacks fitness she should be good choice.

EventSvetlana Kuznetsova - Daniela Hantuchova
SelectionDaniela Hantuchova
Strength10/10
Date09/11/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.60 (Back)
ReasoningBoth players has lost both their matches but Hantuchova has seem to be the most motivated so far in the matches and she has at least lost fighting until the end which aint the case with Kuznetsova. Kuznetsova spends most of her time here in Spain and Im sure she has already started to plan her vacationin Spain.
ventSvetlana Kuznetsova - Daniela Hantuchova set hc
SelectionDaniela Hantuchova -1.5 sets (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date09/11/2007
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 4.85 (Back)

EventAnna Chakvetadze - Maria Sharapova
SelectionMaria Sharapova -5 Games (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date10/11/2007
Bookmaker/PriceFonbet @ 1.95 (Back)
ReasoningMaria Sharapova is showing pure class this week and trashed Ivanovic yesterday. She leads the h2h over Chakvetadze with 5-0 and has just dropped one set. The odds for straight Sharapova win is to low so I choose to risk things a little bit more and hope she covers the handicap too. Chakvetadze did look little tired her last game and if she loses first set it will probably be all over pretty quick.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSharapova - Chakvetadze game hc
SelectionSharapova -5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date10/11/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.14 (Back)
ReasoningSharapova all the way.She is in such great form that she should destroy Anna today.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSharapova - Chakvetadze
Selectionunder 20
Strength10/10
Date10/11/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningI see two straight sets here and easy Sharapova win so under seems to be a good choice.

Re: WTA Sony Ericsson Championships Madrid 2007 hoping to end with all bets winning this week....keep your fingers crossed folks...

Justine Henin - Maria Sharapova
SelectionMaria Sharapova +3 Games (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date11/11/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.93 (Back)
ReasoningEven if Justine Henins form this week has looked great as always she has been serving pretty poor and she was put under pressure by Ivanovic at the beginning before her opponent ran out of gas. I similiar performance today like all other matches earlier this week should end in Sharapova covering this handicap, maybe even winning the match.