scotland v denmark

Guest 4greenfields

Guest 4greenfields

only for the bet but any odds against for denmark against scotland looks good value, not sure of the denmark line up but they have too much quality for a scotland squad that barry ferguson and others have again pulled out of, lambert is getting on and the ones playing cant get a game for their clubs, with a style of game to suit the danes and the climate etc.. this looks ominously like a scottish defeat, thomasson, sand etc.. must have too much class, they where very unfortunate to lose by 3 goals to england having disposed of the likes of france, uruguay etc.. in japan to qualify for the latter stages...denmark win for me!!

Guest The Highlander

Re: scotland v denmark I have to agree that Denmark should have too much for Scotland but the fact that it looks as if Ferguson is going to be fit will make a big difference. Scotland should be more fired up for this game than Denmark and with Lambert sitting in midfield giving Ferguson the chance to get forward they should manage to create a few chances. I'm personally not going to bet any serious money on this game as I don't think its worth the risk although I think Denmark will win by the odd goal mainly due to the pace they have on the wings and quality they have up front they should eventually break Scotland down in the second half. As I'm only having a small bet and fancy an early Scotland goal I'm going for Kyle to score first and 2-1 Denmark @ 70/1 Hills. Denmark to win 2-1 is 8/1 again with Hills.

Guest leggat

Re: scotland v denmark As a proud Scotsman I think you'd have to be mad to bet on Scotland to win, so take the Danes. Lambert isn't all that good these days, he can be right slow at times. Denmark have got great pace in Rommedahl and Lovenkrands and Sand and Tommasson up front - I don't think they can lose.

Guest paulybhoy

Denamrk Worthwhile remembering they could not beat N.Ireland, in qualifying for W.C., no interest betting on this match personally, as I dont think its clear cut at all and would tend to agree with Highlander that if anything Scotland will have the extra motivation. a draw is likely

Guest backhander

Re: Denmark The Danes should win this match but friendlies should always be backed with a hint of caution. The Betfair mob have chosen to lay Denmark, but this is due to the match's 'friendly' nature and covers the unusual event of a Scotland win or, more likely, a draw. However, quite a bit of cash has been placed on a Scotland win, although many of the favourites have been laid for this evening's matches (apart from Iceland, who have been backed immensely at odds of around 1.15!) My verdict? Draw. Denmark are more likely to win, but Scotland will be keen to avoid yet another humiliating defeat and build on their 4-0 friendly win against Hong Kong a few months back.

Re: Denmark Interesting fact, in their 13 previous meeting, Scotland & Denmark have NEVER drawn a match. Last time they played in '98 Denmark won 1-0 in Glasgow. Away win for me. Scotland have Stephen Thompson & Kevin Kyle upfront. Neither of these are anything like International players. The danes are too strong up front.

Guest MC Roller

Re: Scotland What a fcukin embarrassment A truly terrible performance, pathetic, shyte. I couldn't wait for the final whistle to end the sheer agony, another boring Craig Brown type manager who will select complete shyte. We won't be qualifying for anything for a long long time.

Guest crowie1969

Re: Scotland Can't agree more Roller. My one small consolation is that I am making money backing againt my country (sad I know but have to think of my wallet as well). Denmark were up to approx 2.80 on Betfair (I took 2.60 on Tuesday) but were about 2.35 before KO. Truely a footballing lesson from a team who whose only difference was they could pass the ball to each other and had some quick players. I went to watch the U21's the previous night and its the same story there, a couple of prospects (McFadden was the best Scottish player on the pitch, shame it was only 45 mins, how G O'Connor lasted 90 god only knows) but the rest are players (Andy Downie - Rangers!) who don't look remotely like getting near a first team place anytime soon. Tonight our team was Douglas - soon to be Celtic reserve keeper Stockdale - possible Boro first choice, depends where Geremi plays Weir - Everton first choice, never been international class Dailly - will see when Breen is fully fit if he is a first choice Naysmith - Everton first choice (looks like they will be in for a hard season) Ross - Rangers reserve Lambert - should have stayed in retirement, too slow Ferguson - first Scotland appearance in 11 matches, the wait wasn't worth it McNaughton - is this guy not a full back in midfield? Kyle - Sunderland reserve, young N Quinn keeping him away from any starts Thompson - he's big! But so is my ex-boss, 17st and just as agile. Replacements were Crainey - Celtic reserve Dobie - WBA reserve, f'ing Sunderland reject D Dichio keeping him out of the team (Gawd!!) Alexander - PNE, 31. McInnes - WBA holding player, 31, debut. Severin - holding player, gets in Hearts midfield by default as they have no players. Outclassed at U21 level last time I saw them v Belguim Johnston - Boro programme seller, certainly not a first team player. Where was Scott Gemmill, we lacked his "holding" skills in midfield. From that lot it seemed we started with 2 (or even 3) right backs, a left back, 2 centre halfs and 2 "holding" midfield players. Our replacements included 2 more full backs and 2 more holding players, a "striker" and some one trick pony who once scored a hat trick at Ibrox. If I don't laugh I will cry but the Scottish national side will not recover from this slump in the next 5-8 years, we may as well right off Euro Championships and WC's for the forseeable future. We are going down a shitty river fast and no one is prepared to get their hands dirty. What price a Faroe Islands 1X next month?

Guest The Highlander

Re: Scotland Has to be the worst Scotland team of all time even on the rare occasions when they got posession of the ball they had no idea what to do with it which is increditble at international level. Faroes game looks like a great bet for 0-0 :(

Guest Da Hannanah

... I knew before the game that this was not the greatest Scotland team ever, but still... knew some of their players as decent enough young talents (Crainy, Stockdale, Ferguson) and a lot of prem (bench... ;) experience in there as well BUT BOY ARE THEY CRAP!!!!!! Sorry... It's just - I had also bet against my own team in a sense - I had the draw (didn't know those stats about no-draws). Yet after going 1-0 nil up in the blinc of an eye, at no point - not even with hope on my side - did I feel even REMOTELY close to getting my draw. This has got to be the safest 1-0 win ever... You have my deepest sympathies... One thing, though, about the Danish team - dunno what Wieghorst was doing there. Whatever you guys have to say about Lambert also goes for Wieghorst - and we have quite a few that are better! But when we play that well in a friendly (which we certainly do not always do - 0-3 v. Eire before the WC for instance), and with the shape Norway is in at the moment (watched their game as well - they almost make Scotland look good!!!!), I am really looking forward to the Norway-Denmark odds. Maybe 2,5 on the 2??... I also tend to agree with the 1X on the Faroe Islands. Actually, their attackers are better than Scotlands!!!! (One of them, Jonsson, plays for FC Copenhagen and would easily slot into the Scotland team).