Doncaster - Fri 14/09/07

mowgli77

Daily Selections :ok Dark Angel 3.10 Doncaster Doubts as to whether some of these are genuine Group 2 performers as a lot of form is from listed races. Dark Angel won a class 2 race last time out in good style when travelling smoothly through the race and asserting itself to win. It was also placed behind Winker Watson in 4th place in a Group 2 race over 6f on good to firm. Interesting that trainer said it would step up in trip in May from 5f to 6f which it did and now drops back to 5f again as he believes it has the speed to trouble some of these. Certainly progressing the right way and should be a very backable price. Fleeting Spirit will be well fancied and short in the betting due to its win over Kingsgate Native in July.

Re: Doncaster - Fri 14/09/07 the 1st 7 home in the last race Thursday over 6f were drawn 12 or higher. Apparently they may be watering that side of the track tonight as the bias was so bad. It was over 5.5L before stall 7 came into the frame in 8th place. that is some bias. On wednesday in the 2yo sprint, Dream eater was the only low number to finish in 1st 5 with the next 4 drawn 20, 13, 18, 19 This was top performance by the winner & it must be followed. Firstly the Portland Handicap has already been drawn for Saturday. Taking into account the bias, these are high numbers: 22 Tabaret 25/1 21 Fullandby 20/1 20 Oreintor 25/1 19 Lipocco 12/1 18 qadar 40/1 17 Fantsay believer 8/1 16 Green manalishi 25/1 15 River Falcon 20/1 Tempted to try to lock in some profit by backing these horses in ew bets. :ok ----------------------------------------------------------------------- There is 1 sprint on Friday 4.20 17 canadian Danehill 7/2 16 Harry up 5/1 15 Oranmore castle 5/1 14 Mr Wolf 14/1 13 yungabarra 9/1 The bookies are taking no chances with the prices here! The top 3 drawn are the top 3 in the betting.

Re: Doncaster - Fri 14/09/07 WHISPERING DEATH 2.05 Doncaster Liam Jones takes a good 3lb off here and he has a pretty good record on this runner. He ran well LTO in a hot handicap at Haydock just fading the final furlong, this trip is no concern as its won 14f, 15f and 18f with ground spot on. Should run well. Early price: 6/1 DISTINCTION 2.40 Doncaster Made his belated reappearance in the Goodwood Cup after a full year out before finishing fourth to Septimus at York. He's a big horse and is possibly taking some time getting fully fit after his absence. Reportedly connections are happy with him at home "He has got all his old enthusiasm and zest back" and they expect him to go well. If returning to his very smart best he would have strong claims here and is a very solid E/W 11/1

Re: Doncaster - Fri 14/09/07 CAPTAIN GERRARD 3.10 Doncaster Yet to win a race of this class but he's very consistant. Held by Fleeting Spirit after that Goodwood run but he did hang right, bounced back to run well LTO to win by 2l's at York and its interesting that R.Mullen who is 2/2 is back on him.

Re: Doncaster - Fri 14/09/07 MOUNT HADLEY 3.45 Doncaster Clearly the value pick in this race with the fav odds on. Ran well in Dubai LTO beating Truly Royal and purchased by Godolphin since, what caught my eye is the visor first time which I dont recall many Godolphin runners with head gear.Yard starting to find a bit of form. 2/1

Re: Doncaster - Fri 14/09/07

DISTINCTION 2.40 Doncaster Made his belated reappearance in the Goodwood Cup after a full year out before finishing fourth to Septimus at York. He's a big horse and is possibly taking some time getting fully fit after his absence. Reportedly connections are happy with him at home "He has got all his old enthusiasm and zest back" and they expect him to go well. If returning to his very smart best he would have strong claims here and is a very solid E/W 11/1
I do like this horse, but today I prefer the stable-mate; Donc 2.40 2 Allegretto - 2nd to Peeping Fawn last time out, possible doubts about Septimus fitness today, and Frankie on board this Stoutes horse, should pull this one off. :cheers

Re: Doncaster - Fri 14/09/07 1.35 - Afew in with chances here notably Dubai Dynamo, Perfect Act and Winter Bloom , with the preference for me being Winter Bloom. This horse wasnt taken off the bit last time out at Redcar and was a very easy winner, it reamins to be seen what the horse is capable of off the bridle, but on the last showing the horse looked very impressive. You have to take note of the time that the horses race was run in considering this and it looked pretty faster than some of the others form in the race, dependent on the ground. The Henry Cecil horses are in fine form of late and sends this only runner to Doncaster today. 2.05 - One that I am quite keen on here at a big price is Bulwark. Now this horse hasnt won this season but to say the least has been running in some very good races and today is back in handicap company and at 20/1 looks a great e/w bet. Once thought of only being fit for Kerrin McEvoy , Jim Crowley has shown he too gets on well with the horse. The horse likes left handed tracks and a couple of runs back finished not far away from Allegretto at Sandown over this trip in a group 2 class 1 race. Bulwark needs a strong gallop and will probably get this here from Kastari and Ogee probably making the pace. Dansant could prove a danger and i will have a saver on this horse, the only 3 year old in the field and probably still open to abit of improvement. Has a very good weight allowances and a great young rider in William Buick taking off another 3plbs. 7 winners of the race in the last 10 have gone to Dansant's age group and should run a big race. 2.40 - Septimus looks the one to beat, and dispite the step up in trip should take all the beating, i'll be having a bet on the horse, but a saver will go on Finalmente. Finalmente gets the trip and this type of track should suit his running style alot more than the track at sandown and goodwood, this long run in here at doncaster looks ideal for his front running tactics, if he sets the pace and it is sedate then they could have trouble catching this determined stayer. 3.10 - Fleeting Spirt has to take the eye but is way too short for me to back over this sprint trip with some improving horses all at 2 years old. Some that take the eye are The Loan Express and Spirit Of Sharjah. The Loan Express looks to have a good chance and last time in a group 1 over over ground that is softer than it is today could provide and upset. You have to respect the fourth that the horse run that day and if taking to this ground today could provide an upset. Was also only half a length away in from elletelle at ascot over this trip and proved that day that the ground isnt a problem. Spirit of Sharjah has just joined the Peter Chapple-Hyam yard from Julia Fielden. I always like to note when this happens because more often than not horse tend to run a good race for their new yard on first showing and this could be the same today. The Chapple-Hyam yard has a stable full off classy 2 year olds and if this horse has been working on the gallops with them could of improved and run a big race today.modify_inline.gif

Re: Doncaster - Fri 14/09/07 2.40 Doncaster Septimus Meets Balkan Knight on 3lb worse terms today following its 2m win at York in August. Looked to still have something in hand that day. Will have no problem with the ground & trainer doesnt muck about in these events although in this particular race, O'Brien hasnt won it yet. 4.20 Oranmore Castle drawn well in a high slot, due to go up another 3lb in future handicpas can win off this mark & wont be far away today.

Re: Doncaster - Fri 14/09/07 1.35 Perfect Act. Very impressed with the style of her first win and whilst the form of that win is a bit of an unknown, she looks a good prospect and open to lots of improvement. Huzzah could be the one to chase her home if he can recreate his run behind Fast Company although he has disappointed since. 2.05 I fancy Dansant here with possibly Whispering Death the e.w alternative. Dansant has produced many solid runs this year and given the useful weight he gets he could be hard to beat. Whispering Death is interesting maybe not just for today despite last weeks run but for the Cesarewitch later this season. 2.40 Septimus. There have been some doubts as to whether Septimus is a true stayer given its performance LTO when it was possibly fading at the line but I think it has potentially far too much class for these lot and given O'Brien's staying options I do not think he would be continuing with using Septimus as a stayer if he felt it was not worth it. 3.10 Captain Gerrard for me with Cake a small e.w option at a bigger price. Captain Gerrard has the form with Fleeting Spirit to turn around but I would not rule out that he will do it. He showed further improvement to beat Cake LTO and I just feel he did not take really well to Goodwood in that Fleeting Spirit run. Cake also seems to have improved on her last few runs and may get a place. 4.20 Canadian Danehill NAP. A very good win LTO in the context of this race and that showed that the horse can win on turf as well as the all weather which is obvious and it could be handicapped well here with Frankie on board.

Gonna have a dabble EW on Distinctly Game in the last. Ran well in Class 4 and last run was ok
should have read my post about the draw, drawn 1 no chance i'm afraid. stall 9 won coming down the middle of the stands side, but next 5 home were all drawn higher!! That bais will still be there tomorrow unless the clerk gets his watering can out.

Re: Doncaster - Fri 14/09/07 Anyone else really impressed with septimus today? missed all Doncaster so far but have just watched this race thought it was a class performance looks like they got another yeats on there hands. Reckon Septimus would demolish Yeats after todays performance :clap

Anyone else really impressed with septimus today? missed all Doncaster so far but have just watched this race thought it was a class performance looks like they got another yeats on there hands. Reckon Septimus would demolish Yeats after todays performance :clap
Yeah I agree there watched the race and had bet on Septimus, what a finish really turned it on. :clap