** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York Tuesday 21st August

Re: York Tuesday 21st August I will put up all my selections tomorrow but one I see in the 2.35 is an old favourite Boscobel. Extremely progressive from the all weather to group races and with some success. LTO it was dire conditions in the Irish Derby and the race came just a week after a Royal Ascot win (beating many of todays rivals) and he still ran a respectable fourth if not a long way of the winner. I am suprised to see him at around the 13/2 mark. Sure he has to give weight all round but he holds many of these including Yellowstone, Lucarno from Ascot and there is a good chance of further improvement to come. At the current price, I see him possibly as a bit of an each way still at least.

Re: York Tuesday 21st August Hi, These are my ratings for each horses chance in the race. Does not reflect overall ability just their chances in this particular race. Just done the big one so far, will try and get the other races up before the off time permitting. 3.15 York Authorized - 95 Notnowcato - 85 Dylan Thomas - 80 Duke of Marmalade - 55 Asiatic Boy /Hatton - 50 Song of Hiawatha - 40 A rating of 95 is quite rare and is usually reserved for big odds on shots so Authorized looks a good bet currently @ 2/1. :hope

Re: York Tuesday 21st August 2.00 Distinction Septimus if staying the 2 miles should take all the beating. Distinction last run was ok considering he was coming back from a long lay of before that has some real top class form 3rd to Yeats over 2mile4. We know he stays and could come on for that last run. Trainer in form could be one to upset the fav today. 2.40 Macarthur Jockey booking suggest Mahler is the no:1 contender for ballydoyle today which after his Royal Ascot win is no surprise but dropping back to 1.4 he could be caught for speed although is a huge danger. Boscobel could find his penalty a bit to much while Yellowstone finally of the mark again at Goodwood lto and is sure to fight out the finish. But my idea of the winner and taking a bit of a chance here is Macarthur I didn't put this in my 10tofollow for no reason I know this one was very well thought of at the start of the season after winning on his debut in testing conditions has been disapointing since 3rd both times this season but that form is rock solid, Ryan Moore on board hopefully he's ok now after his break and could be one at a price to upset the fancied runners. 3.10 Authorized I'm hoping it's 3rd time lucky for me on backing Authorized today having opposed him in the derby and backing him in the Eclispe. It's going to be quite testing out there which will play to Authorized advantage. Dylan Thomas is at his best over a mile and half and may have to settle for 2nd or 3rd with Notnowcato who seems to keep winning these group ones at nice prices and is still well underated. Notnowcato (last years winner) and Authorized (dante winner) both c&d winners. Autho gets 6lbs from Dylan and Notnow which could see him reverse the form with notnowcato again. If one of the top 3 flops then expect Duke of Marmalade to improve with this step up in trip which he's been crying out for all season. 3.50 Without a Prayer Big step up straight to group company but so are all the rest doing the same. Went into the notebook lto when bolted up at Lingfield lto a bit surprised has gone straight into a group race but obviouslt well thought of. 3 places could be worth an each way should if taking to the turf. Legislation & Campanologist look interesting having won on there debuts and being from trainers who don't often have a first time out winner they could be something special. 4.25 Oasis Wind (nap) Won easy enough lto and I'd be surprised if this one doesn't go onto better things later in the season. Ground no worries has won on soft already, a few of these actually look a litttle exposed already. Jockey taking 5lbs of has basically no weight to carry n this nursery and really should take all the beating imo.

Re: York Tuesday 21st August Ratings for York 1.30 High Treason - 80 Mull of Dubai - 75 Greek Envoy / Eradicate - 70 Futun / Dunaskin / Trezene / Acropolis / Lucayn Dancer - 55 Wind Star / Mutawassel / Invasion / Galactic Star - 50 Hernando Royal / Rajeh / Kyoto Summit - 45 Akarem - 30 Realism / Nawamees / Diktorial - 25 The top 4 are way ahead of the rest, prices are between 13/2 and 12/1 for them. Win bets on all 4 for me.

Re: York Tuesday 21st August Ratings for York 2.00 Sergeant Cecil - 80 Balkan Knight / Juniper Girl - 70 Anna Pavlova - 65 Septimus - 55 Percussion - 50 Distinction - 45 Souvenance / Mickmacmagoole - 35 7/1 available for Sergeant Cecil with SportingBet / SportingOdds whatever its called now. Looks a great bet to me.

Re: York Tuesday 21st August Ratings for York 2.35 Yellowstone - 70 Spice Route / Boscobel - 65 Heron Bay - 60 Lucarno / Hearthstead Maison - 55 Mahler - 45 Acapulco - 30 MacArthur - 25 Spice Route is the rank outsider in the betting but the ratings suggest it may have a chance. With 9 runners is worth an each way bet I think :hope

Re: York Tuesday 21st August 1.30 I felt Futun was given too much to do LTO when fancied strongly and could only finish second. Spencer on board for Cumani an in form combination at the moment. However a stronger e.w fancy here is Eradicate for the in form Johnston yard. Something has not been quite right for the last two runs and that is some sort of concern but before that there were some good runs including when racing prominantly in Heron Bay's Ascot win and the drop to handicaps could help sneak a palce at least. Septimus in 2.00 is a strong fancy. It has ran well this year, recapturing the form of last year before the Derby and it looks to be ready for the increased trip. Sergeant Cecil who has a great course record does not look in top form to concede weight and Distinction still has to bounce back from the break. Anna Pavlova comes after a bit of a break and is not certain to enjoy the step up in trip as much as Septimus. I mentioned my Boscobel e.w steal earlier in the 2.35 3.15 Top class race. Authorized has something to prove and I am not quite sure he is as good at 10f as 12f. Also he may want it softer. Notnowcato has to be respected but Dylan Thomas who he beat earlier in the year held him comfortably at Ascot when second to Manduro. Dylan Thomas looks to have good conditions and whilst arguably better at 12f does have good form at 10f against Manduro and last year Ouija Board. Asiatic Boy will improve for the run LTO and with a better jockey, experience of that run, longer trip and improvement expected could be the one to chase Dylan Thomas home.

Re: York Tuesday 21st August

1.30 I felt Futun was given too much to do LTO when fancied strongly and could only finish second. Spencer on board for Cumani an in form combination at the moment. However a stronger e.w fancy here is Eradicate for the in form Johnston yard. Something has not been quite right for the last two runs and that is some sort of concern but before that there were some good runs including when racing prominantly in Heron Bay's Ascot win and the drop to handicaps could help sneak a palce at least. Septimus in 2.00 is a strong fancy. It has ran well this year, recapturing the form of last year before the Derby and it looks to be ready for the increased trip. Sergeant Cecil who has a great course record does not look in top form to concede weight and Distinction still has to bounce back from the break. Anna Pavlova comes after a bit of a break and is not certain to enjoy the step up in trip as much as Septimus. I mentioned my Boscobel e.w steal earlier in the 2.35 3.15 Top class race. Authorized has something to prove and I am not quite sure he is as good at 10f as 12f. Also he may want it softer. Notnowcato has to be respected but Dylan Thomas who he beat earlier in the year held him comfortably at Ascot when second to Manduro. Dylan Thomas looks to have good conditions and whilst arguably better at 12f does have good form at 10f against Manduro and last year Ouija Board. Asiatic Boy will improve for the run LTO and with a better jockey, experience of that run, longer trip and improvement expected could be the one to chase Dylan Thomas home.
The 3.15 is actually 3.10.

1.30 race based purely on jockey stats, these are my top 3 1. galactic star 7/1 ladbrokes 1st 13/2:clap 2. Futun 15/2 skybet 3. Eradicate 12/1 ladbrokes 1pt ew on each horse
nice start again with a winner 2.00 race going against the favourite here with Sergeant Cecil 6/1 Betfred Distinction 4/1 Betfred again based on jockey stats (souvenance was close but cant see it winning a grp 2). 1pt ew on both

Re: York Tuesday 21st August last race was a poor result with Murtagh riding the winner well & my selections despite being 2nd & 3rd fav's not in the 1st 3. 2.35 race Boscobel Mahler i prefer mahler but Dettori doesnt ride for Johnston very often. 1pt ew on both @ Sp

Re: York Tuesday 21st August With you on Boscobel... Front running and Good ground will make it tough to peg back if given an easy lead, Mahler will not want this to turn into a sprint so may try to take on Boscobel. This should be a very interesting race tactic wise but the price swings it for me Boscobel @ 6/1 £10

Re: York Tuesday 21st August Boscobel cleary wrong earlier. Pleased for Authorized and connections and also the Derby as it does not get enough credit. So many knock it saying about winners not going on etc. but Authorized proved them wrong today with a top class performance and also Dylan Thomas who has emerged the star of the 06 Derby. One observation it would appear is that the ground is on the softer side and times reflect that and that would favour Authorized over Dylan Thomas and Asiatic Boy (did not stay?) Still take nothing away from the winner.

yep, know what you mean FT ;) 3.10 Auhorized is my NAP today. Gets the 3yo weight for age allowance & there will be no jockey tactics this time from Frankie. The horse has speed & that will tell today.
:clap:clapgreat ride by Frankie on a great horse, that 2/1 early price was excellent today
nice bowles10 was going to go for notnow but change my mind after reading your post cheers:clap
no probs mate, just glad it won

Re: York Tuesday 21st August no luck in the last race although Fol Hollow led for most of it, didnt manage a place the last race 5.00 The ones that interest me are tabaret Green Park Buachaill dona dont think the draw will help Green park so its ew on both Tabaret Buachaill dona plus a sneaky r/fc :ok

2.00 Distinction Septimus if staying the 2 miles should take all the beating. Distinction last run was ok considering he was coming back from a long lay of before that has some real top class form 3rd to Yeats over 2mile4. We know he stays and could come on for that last run. Trainer in form could be one to upset the fav today. Unplaced 2.40 Macarthur Jockey booking suggest Mahler is the no:1 contender for ballydoyle today which after his Royal Ascot win is no surprise but dropping back to 1.4 he could be caught for speed although is a huge danger. Boscobel could find his penalty a bit to much while Yellowstone finally of the mark again at Goodwood lto and is sure to fight out the finish. But my idea of the winner and taking a bit of a chance here is Macarthur I didn't put this in my 10tofollow for no reason I know this one was very well thought of at the start of the season after winning on his debut in testing conditions has been disapointing since 3rd both times this season but that form is rock solid, Ryan Moore on board hopefully he's ok now after his break and could be one at a price to upset the fancied runners. 3rd 12/1 3.10 Authorized I'm hoping it's 3rd time lucky for me on backing Authorized today having opposed him in the derby and backing him in the Eclispe. It's going to be quite testing out there which will play to Authorized advantage. Dylan Thomas is at his best over a mile and half and may have to settle for 2nd or 3rd with Notnowcato who seems to keep winning these group ones at nice prices and is still well underated. Notnowcato (last years winner) and Authorized (dante winner) both c&d winners. Autho gets 6lbs from Dylan and Notnow which could see him reverse the form with notnowcato again. If one of the top 3 flops then expect Duke of Marmalade to improve with this step up in trip which he's been crying out for all season. 1st 6/4 3.50 Without a Prayer Big step up straight to group company but so are all the rest doing the same. Went into the notebook lto when bolted up at Lingfield lto a bit surprised has gone straight into a group race but obviouslt well thought of. 3 places could be worth an each way should if taking to the turf. Legislation & Campanologist look interesting having won on there debuts and being from trainers who don't often have a first time out winner they could be something special. 3rd 14/1 4.25 Oasis Wind (nap) Won easy enough lto and I'd be surprised if this one doesn't go onto better things later in the season. Ground no worries has won on soft already, a few of these actually look a litttle exposed already. Jockey taking 5lbs of has basically no weight to carry n this nursery and really should take all the beating imo. 2nd 4/1
Mix day on day one for me. Gutted I swerved on Septimus now only cause he was trying the trip for the first time! Impressive winner though. Glad to see Macarthur go well after his break and should win next time out. Authorized has proved he is a class act and should take all the beating in the Arc now what a race that will be if Manduro turns up along with Dylan! Nice to see Without a Prayer go just aswell as he did on the a/w and is one to keep on the right side of now. Oasis Wind piped on the line ERR!!!!