Predicting The English Premier League-using stats

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Predicting The English Premier League-using stats Thanks all. It's all about the :nana:nana:nana!!!!! Muppet77, "quick question mate - do you have it fully automated now ie. you just fill in the date, teams, score, shots etc and it churns out a 1x2 %? do you do this in excel?" It's fully automated in the sense that I update scores and shots etc (via a download of the latest EPL file from football-data), then its just a few macros and it spits out a file which I run through KXEN. KXEN then spits out a file that has the %age chances. Depending on those, I either do or do not bet.

Re: Predicting The English Premier League-using stats Selections will be posted every weekend, yes. Although I say that, I am at a wedding next weekend so might not get the sunday bets up. I need the preceding days matches to be completed before I can do the next days.

Re: Predicting The English Premier League-using stats

hope to be able to follow this a bit more closely this season as it showed good results last term. best of luck mate!
Thanks........ It might be worth reminding readers where I ended up last season. From last years thread: Season Stats

ALL

HW D AW
No of Bets:2011522417
Staked:£201£152£24£17
Returned:£234.98£171.06£39.55£18.62
P+L:£33.98£19.06£15.55£1.62
Strike Rate:57.2%56.6%45.8%50%
Yield:16.9%12.5%64.8%9.5%
Avg Back Odds:2.312.23.551.76
Avg Lay Odds:3.83

Re: Predicting The English Premier League-using stats Best wishes plopplop for the forthcoming season, I'll certainly look forward to reviewing your progress with great interest. I'm curious to know what you eventually determined your minimum cutoff % diferrence to be which makes a selection a bet. Also, have you considered using a Kelly staking strategy as opposed to a fixed % of your bank? I've found Kelly's approach to be the most profitable in terms of effective staking, i.e. where the size of the % of the bank that is bet exactly measures the % size of the considered advantage.

Re: Predicting The English Premier League-using stats Wumpking, In order to determine the cutoffs I set up an excel spreadsheet that tests every possible cutoff combination, recording the total / home / draw / away ...................no of bets / strike rate / profit / yield / avg odds etc. It's a simple case of finding the cutoffs that provided the best profit / yield and no of bets combination. Once found, I'll use them going fwd.

Re: Predicting The English Premier League-using stats Nice to see you back for the upcoming season plopplop. Just a quick question (which may have been asked before :unsure). Do you think the very start and end of the season may be a bit more unreliable? That's what I'd expect, but what do I know :loon

hope to be able to follow this a bit more closely this season as it showed good results last term. best of luck mate!
I echo the above plop. This was an excellent thread last season. Best of luck again. :ok

Unlucky with the Spurs game
Tell me about it..:puke Not an amazing start................
DateHomeAwayPredictionOddsBookieStakeCorrectReturn
39305EvertonWiganD3.7Betfair£46N0
39305SunderlandTottenhamD3.55Betfair£46N0

ALL

HW

D

AW

No of Bets:2020

Staked:£92£0£92£0
Returned:£0£0£0£0
P+L:£-92£0£-92£0
Strike Rate:0%0%0%0%
Yield:-100%0%-100%0%

Avg Back Odds:3.6303.630
Avg Win Odds:0000

Each Person:£46   

Selections will be posted every weekend, yes. Although I say that, I am at a wedding next weekend so might not get the sunday bets up. I need the preceding days matches to be completed before I can do the next days.
its not Richard's wedding by any chance is it?

Unlucky plopplop. I watched your system with great interest last year and this year i've decided to follow. Fingers crossed for tomorrow if there are going to be any plays.
Tell me about it.............Tottenham aint half w@nk!!!!! :ok
39308TottenhamEvertonD3.5Betfair£42.32N0
System Stats:

ALL

HW

D

AW

No of Bets:3030
Staked:£134.32£0£134.32£0
Returned:£0£0£0£0
P+L:£-134.32£0£-134.32£0
Strike Rate:0%0%0%0%
Yield:-100%0%-100%0%
Avg Back Odds:3.5802.690
Avg Win Odds:0000
Each Person:£44.16

Re: Predicting The English Premier League-using stats Tomorrow I have:

15/08/1007FulhamBolton

AW

3.60Betfair£40.63:hope:hope
15/08/1007PortsmouthMan Utd

AW

1.67Betfair£40.63:hope:hope
15/08/1007ReadingChelsea

D

4.00Betfair£40.63:hope:hope
15/08/1007WiganMiddlesbrough

AW

3.25Betfair£40.63:hope:hope
Lets hope for a change of luck!!!

stake size is relatively high. Today's stake size is almost 15% of bank' date=' isn't it? and but yet, I'm following you just the same.[/quote'] Stake size is actually 4% of current bank - so with 4 predicitions it is actually (£162.51 / £1,015.68) 16%. 4% is possibly aggressive and there is a situation i suppose where on a given EPL matchday I could have 40% of my bank out there. After a good season last year - I'm looking to make it pay this year.